Westerville Experiencing 20 Percent R...

Westerville Experiencing 20 Percent Rise In Car Break-Ins | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 54 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Westerville Experiencing 20 Percent Rise In Car Break-Ins | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Police said on Thursday that they were seeing an increase in the number of car break-ins. Police are attributing a 20 percent rise in break-ins to people forgetting to lock their doors, 10TV's Jason Frazer reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yes but

Columbus, OH

#46 Jun 17, 2011
Frank and Judy wrote:
How about the Police start driving around instead of double up on radar patrol for revenue.
Too many parked Police cars not enough touring.
Just think of how much money they are saving on gas and tire wear by not being out driving around all over town looking for criminals.
Yep

Blacklick, OH

#47 Jun 17, 2011
When you live next to Cleveland Ave, you will have the ghetto thugs in your hood.
Yep

Columbus, OH

#48 Jun 17, 2011
Yep wrote:
When you live next to Cleveland Ave, you will have the ghetto thugs in your hood.
The ghetto trash has already stolen anything of value in their area, so they have to move on down the road a little.
pass the grey poupon

Portsmouth, OH

#49 Jun 17, 2011
That what happens when you live in the hood. Westerville is full of trash. Get a real job and move to Powell or Dublin. Everything else is ghetto. Fo Sho!
Garms

Columbus, OH

#50 Jun 17, 2011
Where are the statistics for the rising heroin problem?
Mavs

Delaware, OH

#51 Jun 17, 2011
If people are dumb enough to sit in their car with the engine running for no good reason, they are dumb enough to leave it unlocked.
Nickels

Pomeroy, OH

#52 Jun 17, 2011
Rewrite the castle law to allow defending of your car with deadly force if someone is caught breaking into it. Yes it's harsh and mean, but thieves show time and time again that they have no shred of remorse for the people they steal from so why should the victims show them any remorse? I say make everyone caught stealing get two choices on sentencing day in court. Short sleeve or long sleeve.
Mavs

Delaware, OH

#53 Jun 17, 2011
Nickels wrote:
Rewrite the castle law to allow defending of your car with deadly force if someone is caught breaking into it. Yes it's harsh and mean, but thieves show time and time again that they have no shred of remorse for the people they steal from so why should the victims show them any remorse? I say make everyone caught stealing get two choices on sentencing day in court. Short sleeve or long sleeve.
You give a pathetic example. If your sitting in your back yard and you see someone breaking into your house you cant just shoot them. THIS story is about car break ins, not car jackings. Next time read the story.
So Ignorat

Tampa, FL

#54 Jun 18, 2011
John wrote:
I think the key here is to keep the people who live south of Schrock Road where they are. That's where the losers, White-Trash, and ghetto people live. Keep them south of Schrock and we'll all be safe north of that road. But let them creep up, and see what happens.
I live South of Shrock Rd in a neighborhood where we do not see these problems because we look out for each other and it seems to keep the criminals away. I would bet that you are not any better than half of the people that live outside of Westerville city limits. My children go to Westerville Schools and we are very productive in our community. The commits on here really show how ignorant people are. Loser!!
Zack

Naperville, IL

#55 Jun 18, 2011
John wrote:
I think the key here is to keep the people who live south of Schrock Road where they are. That's where the losers, White-Trash, and ghetto people live. Keep them south of Schrock and we'll all be safe north of that road. But let them creep up, and see what happens.
Dittos on schrock rd. it's the new DMZ, marking the uncivilized and the white flight crowd. In fact when I see bums panhandling at the polaris exit I call the cops. We don't want their kind around right John? Hope the WPD keep sending the trash back to columbus were it belongs. Wow I feel so racially superior today I wonder if it's something in the westerville water supply...LOL
Zack

Naperville, IL

#57 Jun 18, 2011
pass the grey poupon wrote:
That what happens when you live in the hood. Westerville is full of trash. Get a real job and move to Powell or Dublin. Everything else is ghetto. Fo Sho!
Yea where lawn workers break in an SWAT has to haul them off...ops your snob is showing.
Go Blue

Sunbury, OH

#58 Jun 27, 2011
BJS wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, our criminals are smart in Westerville!
Yeah, they probably all have online/internet degrees.
Matt

Naperville, IL

#59 Jul 25, 2011
pass the grey poupon wrote:
They made it to dublin....my window was busted early Sunday morning in a neighborhood off the sawmill rd exit and they stole my iPhone, charger,$75 cash, diamond earring and my blood pressure medicine out of my car.
Fucking thieves should be thrown in jail for a mandatory 1 year for each $100 worth of damage and stolen property on vehicles.....
If the government strengthened the laws maybe it wouldn't get worse!
Nickels

United States

#60 Jul 25, 2011
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
They made it to dublin....my window was busted early Sunday morning in a neighborhood off the sawmill rd exit and they stole my iPhone, charger,$75 cash, diamond earring and my blood pressure medicine out of my car.
**** thieves should be thrown in jail for a mandatory 1 year for each $100 worth of damage and stolen property on vehicles.....
If the government strengthened the laws maybe it wouldn't get worse!
I agree we need harsher penalties! Right now they barely even get probation if caught! We need to start handing out not longer sentences for crime but harsher time. You do a crime that involves theft? Your jail sentence involves manual labor for your time served. If you perform a violent crime or use a weapon during a robbery then you get a mandatory 5 or 10 year sentence with hard labor and no chance of parole. There is no good behavior and 6 months of 3 hots and a cot.

No more tv. No more Internet. You want to better yourself in prison then you work doing manual labor m-f and then you take courses in prison on the weekends.

Stop making jail a mere inconvenience and start making it true hell and you'll see a drop in crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bipartisan bill to protect dreamers 2 hr They cannot kill ... 8
Tired of trump's lies yet? 2 hr Catman Dave 114
Kid Rock Selling Trump T-Shirts 3 hr Yeah 6
News The Latest: President Obama orders flags lowere... 3 hr USfirst 5
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 hr Ex-Xeniod 1,397
People of Topix 4 hr BizzyBee 29
Trump: The Revenge of John Galt 4 hr 404 not found 2

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance