Westerville Experiencing 20 Percent R...

Westerville Experiencing 20 Percent Rise In Car Break-Ins | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 54 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Westerville Experiencing 20 Percent Rise In Car Break-Ins | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Police said on Thursday that they were seeing an increase in the number of car break-ins. Police are attributing a 20 percent rise in break-ins to people forgetting to lock their doors, 10TV's Jason Frazer reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Off the Grid

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 17, 2011
Just because you live in WESTERVILLE doesn’t mean you can ignore common sense..Locking you car door and securing your valuables are or should be common practice everywhere. How and by the way I bet if you check the 20% increase correlates to umm school being out. Come on people this isn’t new kids get out of school crime and violence go UP…

By the way I live in Westerville and LOCK my car doors set the alarm on the car and house

Crime is everywhere not just on the East / North /West side of Columbus people
Mathew

Naperville, IL

#2 Jun 17, 2011
It's a good thing they're nearly ready to put in that White-Trash magnet Wal-Mart at the corner of Shrock and Rt. 3. I bet that will help attract more of the "right" people to Westerville and help with the car break-ins and crime problems.

On another note, why would anyone leave their car unlocked *anywhere*? Isn't that asking for trouble?
Huh

United States

#3 Jun 17, 2011
Sounds like Westerville is experiencing a 20 percent rise in car owner stupidity.
Frank and Judy

Gnadenhutten, OH

#4 Jun 17, 2011
How about the Police start driving around instead of double up on radar patrol for revenue.

Too many parked Police cars not enough touring.
Go Blue

Sunbury, OH

#5 Jun 17, 2011
"I think we're looking for someone who is a little bit more savvy"..........SAVVY?

Thugs breaking into cars are "savvy"?
Buster Hyman

Bowling Green, OH

#7 Jun 17, 2011
Just wait until Walmart comes to town.
tANK

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 17, 2011
Likely the same person!
zac1234

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 17, 2011
Definition of Savvy - Well informed and perceptive; shrewd:
Not a poor use of the word if trying to describe a criminal good at what they do
Go Blue wrote:
"I think we're looking for someone who is a little bit more savvy"..........SAVVY?
BJS

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 17, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
Yeah, our criminals are smart in Westerville!
Billy Baptist

Lewis Center, OH

#11 Jun 17, 2011
It's all because of the alcohol. This never happened when they had blue laws. We tried to warn you...
SMH

Westerville, OH

#12 Jun 17, 2011
coleman wrote:
westerville aint what it used to be ,them damm negroes are every where,they ruin everything,,get rid of the blacks; get rid of the problem. come on you know its true,,
Yeah...and as soon as you get rid of the poor, meth head, drug addicted white trash, the dirty Mexicans, the wrapped up Somalians and the stinky Indians Westerville will be squeaky clean and safe, RIGHT!!!
Huh

United States

#14 Jun 17, 2011
I blame this on Obama / Bush / Medicare / Osama Bin Laden / Wars / Bad Parenting / Rock Music / MTV / Elvis / Dancing / Women wearing pants / Jesus. It's all their fault.
Standing in YOUR Backyard

Santa Clara, CA

#15 Jun 17, 2011
Common sense ain't so common these days I guess...
Taxed

Galena, OH

#16 Jun 17, 2011
There reason that they are doubling up on radar patrols and not catching thieves, is that there is more money in speed enforcement and no money in real crime control...When they catch a thief, where is the revenue going to come from?

Think about it this way...When you are cited for a traffic violation, you rarely appear in court...That means minimal overall court costs and fee's, but the government gets the revenue...Actually, "high-margin" revenue...

If you catch a thug breaking into a car, chances are the thug doesn't have a job, has to appear in court, with the arresting officer, in front of a judge, with a court appointed attorney, etc...Then add on the incarceration fee's, probation costs, rhabilitation costs, etc...In the end, the thug is given a small fine...

Bottom-line, catching real criminals doesn't pay the bills...When local, state and federal governments have revenue issues, they always go to the ones that can afford to pay...The hardworking taxpayers...
Frank and Judy wrote:
How about the Police start driving around instead of double up on radar patrol for revenue.
Too many parked Police cars not enough touring.
Taxed

Galena, OH

#17 Jun 17, 2011
Interstingly, the preschool my son attends has had a rash of thefts from cars in the morning and evening...This is in a nice area, and the crime is not expected...Some parents run in for 5 minutes and run out...They didn't lock their doors and several purses and GPS units were taken...

I understand that people should have common sense, but I don't fault them, I fault the thieves...

More needs to be done about the criminal...The penalties are not steep enough and we have way too many loop-holes in our justice system.
John

Naperville, IL

#18 Jun 17, 2011
I think the key here is to keep the people who live south of Schrock Road where they are. That's where the losers, White-Trash, and ghetto people live. Keep them south of Schrock and we'll all be safe north of that road. But let them creep up, and see what happens.
Jeff

Columbus, OH

#19 Jun 17, 2011
These idiots that leave their valuables in plain sight deserve to have them stolen.You have to have enough smarts to realize that in this day and age you cannot leave anything of value in your car! Good lesson for all of you who think that your items will not be stolen. Everything happens for a reason.
coleman

Lewis Center, OH

#20 Jun 17, 2011
SMH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...and as soon as you get rid of the poor, meth head, drug addicted white trash, the dirty Mexicans, the wrapped up Somalians and the stinky Indians Westerville will be squeaky clean and safe, RIGHT!!!
you know it , dont forget ksuck, then the whole state would be a better place, vote no on sb 5
Too many gangstas

Marathon, FL

#21 Jun 17, 2011
Most likely more thugs from Columbus Pubic Schools that are using their free bus passes to invade and conquer new territory.

And yes, if you are stupid enough to leave $65 and valuable in your car, UNLOCKED then you just welcomed the theft.
bruce bruce

Port Matilda, PA

#22 Jun 17, 2011
Westerville's in trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 5 min They cannot kill ... 57
Parents Shackle and Starve 13 Children, caught 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Shutdown Schumer 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Tent cities in Orange County? 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Congress is hurtling towards a government shutd... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6
STILL WAITING for someone to explain how the wo... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 22
trumps inaugural money 3 hr StormFront 2

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance