Alcohol Suspected In Fiery, Wrong-Way Freeway Crash | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS 99
Two people remained hospitalized Thursday following a fiery, wrong-way crash along Interstate 270. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
AVZ

Westerville, OH

#82 Jul 21, 2011
Screamin Willies is on the East side, Hilliard on West side, so did the accident happen near West Broad Street or East Broad Street?
Buckeye girl

Steubenville, OH

#83 Jul 21, 2011
How sad, when will ppl learn that ALCOHOL and DRIVING is like OIL and WATER, they just don't mix... Prayin for a speedy recovery...
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

#84 Jul 21, 2011
So now I'm just wondering why this piece of garbage was not left in the van so he could burn with it.It would have served as a justifiable punishment without costing the taxpayers unnecessary tax dollars keeping him in jail ang flipping the court bill.Case closed.
meh

New Albany, OH

#85 Jul 21, 2011
oh why oh why couldn't he have died? This POS waste of space doesn't deserve a 2nd chance...

2005 busted going 64 in a 40, and 61 in a 40 on 2 occasions

2008 DUI - Should have taken away his license for GOOD back then...

POS - I hope you don't make it you worthless piggy I hope you die!!!

MIRARCHI, JOHN W
Address 3883 BRAIDWOOD DR
City HILLIARD
Buckeye girl

Steubenville, OH

#86 Jul 21, 2011
Buckeye girl wrote:
How sad, when will ppl learn that ALCOHOL and DRIVING is like OIL and WATER, they just don't mix... Prayin for a speedy recovery...
Thanks, I was just sayin my thoughts...
longtime fan

United States

#87 Jul 21, 2011
I known John from when my son was in Boy Scouts with him. He was the one us adults had to keep an eye on when camping. Only child, parents bought him a car at 16....this doesn't surprise me one bit.
meilaiccad

Springboro, OH

#88 Jul 21, 2011
I've known John back in 2001. We worked together at Bob Evans in Hilliard. He was a nice guy but other thing, just cautious about him. We used to be friends and not anymore. I hope he would to learn his own lesson about what happened to himself.
facts

Oklahoma City, OK

#89 Jul 22, 2011
fact correction wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the passing lane is the left lane. You are obviously clueless and shouldn't be allowed to try to form an opinion. Although it is very cute that you tried.
Not in Columbus. If you want to pass you better be in the right lane, the left lane is for driving slow and sight seeing.

Since: Jul 11

Columbus, OH

#90 Jul 22, 2011
meh wrote:
oh why oh why couldn't he have died? This POS waste of space doesn't deserve a 2nd chance...
MIRARCHI, JOHN W
City HILLIARD
Wow...speeding twice in 2005 and one DUI...good thing there's not worse out here polluting our streets.
facts

Oklahoma City, OK

#91 Jul 22, 2011
HEY HE WAS GOING 61 in A 40!!!!!
no second chance for you, pos.
bob

United States

#92 Jul 22, 2011
meh wrote:
MIRARCHI, JOHN W
City HILLIARD
This is not his address. It is an old one.
dom

United States

#93 Jul 22, 2011
I work with the gun that this idiot ran into and he is not in fair condition. His leg snapped in half by the caving in of the dashboard and he has had to have extensive reconstructive surgery. He will not walk for quite some time.
meilaiccad

Westlake, OH

#94 Jul 23, 2011
dom wrote:
I work with the gun that this idiot ran into and he is not in fair condition. His leg snapped in half by the caving in of the dashboard and he has had to have extensive reconstructive surgery. He will not walk for quite some time.
Are you serious? Have you seen him??
Logically Speaking

Columbus, OH

#95 Jul 23, 2011
Guido wrote:
<quoted text>Im glad your done since you are comparing illegal drugs situations to this legal booze overdose...apples and oranges..no blame game just shared responsibilities. don't drink and drive and don't keep serving those who have lost their reason due to the alcohol your are freely pouring..feel free to use your Glock though.
Too bad it's illegal to use it on people like you.
No I was NOT comparing apples and oranges. I was simply mentioning the possibility that he could have been on OTHER mind altering substances at the time of the incident. I have been a bartender. I have told people they are cut off. I have served thousands of people who probably had a few too many as well. But you know what? It's THEIR choice. Regardless of how much I have ever had to drink, I still knew well enough to not drive as it can end up like this. It was his choice to drink and keep drinking. I have never seen anyone hold a gun to someone head and force them to drink. That's the key here. He made a choice earlier on to drink and keep going. If he passed a point where he could make that decision with logic and reasoning that is HIS fault. So enjoy your holier-than-thou life because you are obviously better than anyone else on here. Bet you have never even ripped the tags off your mattress you pompous arrogant prick.
GPS

Columbus, OH

#96 Jul 23, 2011
AVZ wrote:
Screamin Willies is on the East side, Hilliard on West side, so did the accident happen near West Broad Street or East Broad Street?
The accident happened on the EAST side of town between Main St. & Broad St. on southbound 270.
Friend

Columbus, OH

#97 Jul 25, 2011
I have known John for quite a few years, we haven't talked in a long time though. Few things you should know about him.

1.) Hes not a terrible person, He is kind, funny, and talented.

2.) When he drinks, he seems to change. He gets very sloppy very fast (he is what most people would consider a "lightweight")

John might not be the brightest kid Ive ever known, but he is not a devil. I understand he could have EASILY killed someone or himself that night, I hope the consequences of this will incident help him to change into a better, more responsible person. He is lucky, most people dont get another chance at life!
concerned citizen

Reynoldsburg, OH

#98 Aug 5, 2011
Any followups of this story and when? Thank you.
not you

Akron, OH

#99 Oct 27, 2011
No one deserves to die... that's just rude.
You should Know

Hilliard, OH

#100 Aug 1, 2013
Shame on all of you...John is kind, intelligent, and hardworking. He has made a life for himself; started his own business, is pursuing a college degree, and has stayed on the straight and narrow for quite some time.
He was mugged and drugged hours before the incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Ebola 4 min Black Rhino 616
Where can I find me a good CSX MAN? 9 min heardtheyliketoplay 5
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 27 min They cannot kill ... 108
Fire Serves As A Reminder Of The Dangers Of Cou... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
EBOLA: American Outbreak 1 hr vote for nobody 43
McEbola's Bushmeat Sammiches 1 hr nom nom nom 1
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr So Vain 2,476
Westerville Dating
Find my Match

Westerville Jobs

Westerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westerville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westerville

Personal Finance