Some Say Walmart Could Give Boost To ...

Some Say Walmart Could Give Boost To Westerville Shopping Center | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 106 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Dec 21, 2010, titled Some Say Walmart Could Give Boost To Westerville Shopping Center | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Could Walmart be a good thing for the city of Westerville? Well, that depends on who you ask.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Westervillian

Westerville, OH

#102 Dec 23, 2010
What to build? Hotel, Andersons, Trader Joes, Gym. Several of these were already rejected by Hadler because they didn't offer enough MONEY.

City of Westerville--How about a new Senior Center. The old one is tiny , crowded, and from the 1960's. This is a good piece of real estate for it.

And I'm not a senior citizen yet...
Susan-Columbus

Columbus, OH

#103 Jan 19, 2011
We live very close to this Westerville site and would love to see a
WalMart move in. Their prices are great and they would be a great neighbor. Bring 'em on, please.
FRANK TANG BEST GOOD

Dayton, OH

#104 Jan 21, 2011
The Chinese children working in sweat shops to produce walmart merchandise thank you, Susan.
groundhog

United States

#105 Jan 22, 2011
What a disgrace for Westerville! Walmart has more cheap imported goods than any other business. I remember when they said their merchandise was AMERICAN MADE! Not any longer. If their clothing lasts after 1 or 2 washings, it's a miracle. And yet they have the audacity to fly the American flag on their establishments. What a slap in the face!
Westerville Citizen

Marysville, OH

#106 Jun 15, 2011
There is a Wal-mart right on Morse Rd. so I don't see the point in bringing it there. The distance isn't that bad. I love Uptown, and I would hate to see that community get hurt because of Wal-mart. Living close to Uptown you see the history of it and can enjoy their events and I hope to still attend them or walk the area. Also Uptown is great for the Otterbein community. Schnieder's Bakery is one of those places that have accommidated to student's late nights. Also I support Kroger's, we don't need a grocery section. Kroger's is affordable and there are three not far, one past uptown near Maxtown Rd., another is right off Schrock, the third one is on Sunbury Rd., so the need for the grocery section is pointless.

I feel like that area could have something else in it. Besides the random seasonal Halloween store (Which I loved having in Westerville). Also Big Lots is really a nice store and prices are cheap/affordable.

I will admit that I am not one to speak for what it will do economically (jobs and such-previous posts show that everyone thinks they know what they are talking about), but I know it isn't good for the businesses who are local. And as a citizen in Westerville Uptown is one of my favorite places and a Wal-mart does not seem like something I must have in our community.
Meghan

Columbus, OH

#107 Jul 5, 2011
Well you have to think about the demographics of Whitehall. That is totally inevitable anywhere, but it's all about demographics. It's not Walmart's fault or MY fault, it's the thieves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Time Is It? 1 hr Big Johnson 7
]\[iggers 2 hr LInda 22
Kasich cash comes from Soros----- Why? 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr Anonymous 1,298
Cleveland sends Tamir Rice’s estate $500 ambula... 3 hr TNICK513 63
Mass Machete Stabbing 3 hr TNICK513 57
News Gwyneth Paltrow testifies that Columbus man's l... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages