Buckeye leaf bust

Feb 14, 2013 Full story: The Columbus Dispatch 17

A 65-year-old woman recently came under suspicion, she reported, for having a Buckeye leaf decal on her car.

Full Story
Buck and the preacher

Murrysville, PA

#1 Feb 14, 2013
I wonder if the occupants of the vehicle was black would the officer acted in a different manner
Telgin

Valley City, OH

#2 Feb 14, 2013
Buck and the preacher wrote:
I wonder if the occupants of the vehicle was black would the officer acted in a different manner
Now that you mention it, that is what is missing from this story, racial profiling. I bet they only got pulled over because they were white.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3 Feb 14, 2013
Would have been sweet justice had the ol couple been toting a couple o kilo's o dope, and the resulting arrests been tossed for lack of evidence because of the blatant 4th Amendment violation.

woof
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Typical pigs!

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Nixon would be proud. Elvis too, since this idiocy took place only a few miles from Graceland.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#6 Feb 14, 2013
My son lives in a sort of buckeye enclave in Texas. It wasn't planned that way, but many of his neighbors are also from Ohio. Luckily for them, the cops aren't that stupid around there.
A Buckeye Living in TN

Hope Mills, NC

#7 Feb 16, 2013
Buck and the preacher wrote:
It is highly unlikely this was a racial issue as Memphis is highly African American. That said, TN has a history of illegal stops and searches. There have been reports of search and seizures where cash is taken. This is particularly true for those living a mobile life.
sidekick

Zanesville, OH

#8 Feb 16, 2013
I wonder if they ever assumed the Chevy "bow tie" was a Budweiser label?
4th Amendment Guy

Potomac, MD

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Further militarization of the police - intimidation tactics, unlawful stops... surprised they didn't shoot the dogs.
Spookhere F trollsp

Toledo, OH

#10 Feb 16, 2013
sidekick wrote:
Damn If mealy mouth Mikey DeWine catches on to that expect him to demand ever chevy driver to be charged with open container violations.
Chop Chop

Arlington Heights, IL

#11 Feb 17, 2013
sidekick wrote:
I like my Oldsmobile rocket emblem. I'm giving the cops the middle finger, but they don't know it.

McCain and Romney won in Tennessee. I wonder if cars with Obama bumper stickers are stopped for transporting garbage and hazardous waste without a permit?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#12 Feb 17, 2013
Chop Chop wrote:
<quoted text>I like my Oldsmobile rocket emblem. I'm giving the cops the middle finger, but they don't know it.
McCain and Romney won in Tennessee. I wonder if cars with Obama bumper stickers are stopped for transporting garbage and hazardous waste without a permit?
Another Fool

United States

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Now I understand why these people are so against universal background firearm checks. Cops like these would be out of a job!
Spookhere F trolls

United States

#14 Feb 19, 2013
Another Fool wrote:
Now I understand why these people are so against universal background firearm checks. Cops like these would be out of a job!
They were probably top of their class at the academy. Certainly union hall favorites
sidekick

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Feb 19, 2013
Chop Chop wrote:
<quoted text>I like my Oldsmobile rocket emblem. I'm giving the cops the middle finger, but they don't know it.
LOL!
What would they consider them "Baby on Board" signs? A kid sitting on a 2 X 12?
hey now hey

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 19, 2013
Wonder how the police and all of these alphabet agencies are gpoing to cope when the rest of society decides to flagrantly and constantly disobey the law upon them?

Since: Aug 12

United States

#17 Feb 20, 2013
When nobody obeys the laws no one is truly the leader.

Has anyone seen just how many sheriffs throughout the country will not enforce any of Caesars gun laws if they infringe the second amendment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BREAKING: Ferguson GJ Ruling Reached 31 min They cannot kill ... 9
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 35 min hey now 7
Ronald Reagan gave blanket amnesty to 3 million... 45 min Karl 27
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 4,590
WTVN Radio Legend Bob Conners Dies 1 hr Anonymous 9
impeachment 1 hr They cannot kill ... 72
Murder Suspect Admits To Chopping Up Former Gir... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Westerville Dating
Find my Match

Westerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westerville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westerville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:48 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:48PM
Browns "never considered" going to Manziel
Yahoo! Sports 2:19 PM
Man: I was attacked by Manziel entourage
Bleacher Report 2:34 PM
Manziel Should Replace Hoyer as Browns Starter
NBC Sports 2:46 PM
Browns stand by Hoyer despite his struggles - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:25 PM
Rapid Recap: Can Cleveland win with Hoyer under center?