Grandview principal's old secret comp...

Grandview principal's old secret compels him to quit | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 139 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Grandview principal's old secret compels him to quit | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Questions led Jesse Truett to "admit my mistake." When Principal Jesse Truett announced his resignation from Grandview Heights High School last month for personal and health reasons, people had few details and lots of questions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Always Cautious

Columbus, OH

#24 Apr 13, 2011
I don't think he did anything wrong - apparently her parents approved. Give him back his license and send him to a good doctor.
It happened when I was in school and the teacher and the cheerleader are still married, living happily ever after and it has been 34 years. We have way too many people in society dictating what is "proper" and what isn't.
lol

United States

#25 Apr 13, 2011
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
And there it is. Blame and incriminate the entire teaching profession for the mistakes of a few. This newspaper has been driving its anti-teacher agenda for years, depending on people like this to just blindly believe and assume based on everything they read. Keep digging and embellishing, Dispatch. At least you don't disappoint.
The Dispatch doesn't make up these stories and can't help the fact almost weekly an Ohio teacher is exposed for these and other indiscretions.
Grammar dude

Dublin, OH

#26 Apr 13, 2011
If it was your high school-aged daughter who was romantically involved with a teacher, you'd probably see the problem. If you don't see the problem, then there's something seriously out of whack with your morals. He did the right thing by stepping down, so let's all just move along and hope there's nothing more to see here.
CONFUSED

Hilliard, OH

#27 Apr 13, 2011
John wrote:
Unlike many others he had a conscience. He should be saluted for doing the right thing.
Guilt kicked his butt for 23 years.
Sheesh

Cleveland, OH

#28 Apr 13, 2011
CONFUSED wrote:
<quoted text> Guilt kicked his butt for 23 years.
And math class kicked yours, apparently. He was 23 when it happened, he is 36 now. Let me spell it out for you: 36-23=13. They then dated for 3 years, he would be 26, she 21. He got married in 2004, 9 years ago, when he was 27.

Clear enough for you now? Your posting name is entirely accurate. You should consider furthering your education.
fiery buddha

Columbus, OH

#29 Apr 13, 2011
hm. sounds fishy to me, like there's more that's not coming to light. why admit now?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#30 Apr 13, 2011
Big Johnson wrote:
The b tch was threatening to expose him.
Nah, for now I'm going to take what he said at face value and believe it was bothering him and he wanted to move forward with his life. If that's the way it truly is he is a person of unusual integrity, for sure.
fiery buddha

Columbus, OH

#31 Apr 13, 2011
I Know wrote:
She was 18, he was 23. Both consenting adults, and the dated publicly later. I don't see what the problem is. Certainly not a criminal offense.
You either didn't read far enough, or your reading comprehension is abysmal. The article clearly states a teacher/student relationship - regardless of age - certainly IS a criminal offense. That's the law. It doesn't change because you believe it should be different.
Insanity

United States

#32 Apr 13, 2011
I'm convinced many of these posters are not parents because, as a parent, I sure as hell would have a problem with any teacher pursuing a romantic/sexual relationship with my 18 year old senior student.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

#33 Apr 13, 2011
I heard that the new private prisons are hiring!
CONFUSED

Hilliard, OH

#34 Apr 13, 2011
Biggie BC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, for now I'm going to take what he said at face value and believe it was bothering him and he wanted to move forward with his life. If that's the way it truly is he is a person of unusual integrity, for sure.
Then guilt kicked is butt for 13 years.
Ruth

Lima, OH

#35 Apr 13, 2011
These predator needs to be locked up before he strikes again. How could they let him walk around free for so long.
CONFUSED

Hilliard, OH

#36 Apr 13, 2011
Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
And math class kicked yours, apparently. He was 23 when it happened, he is 36 now. Let me spell it out for you: 36-23=13. They then dated for 3 years, he would be 26, she 21. He got married in 2004, 9 years ago, when he was 27.
Clear enough for you now? Your posting name is entirely accurate. You should consider furthering your education.
Then guilt kicked his butt for 13 years. Him getting married at whatever age has nothing to do with the fact that he was dating a STUDENT at the time, period.
ohioaz

Akron, OH

#37 Apr 13, 2011
Cartman wrote:
If you would like to make a list I can point out nearly identical situations in every walk of life- particularly the clergy. Humans are just that. It's time we took a big step back, started to reason as if we actually had that ability and quit pretending this is Puritanical New England of centuries ago.
All you hypocrites keep casting your stones...
Once again the Faux News Wantabee Murdoch Dispatch is demonizing one of our greatest resources- school teachers.
It isn't the "Faux News Wantabee Murdoch Dispatch demonizing anyone. This man felt the guilt and was respectful enough to do what many others in all educations, and type of professions should do. no one is demonizing teachers, purly this is a forum that people have different views on. He was demonizing himself - this was his relief
Northern Lass

Cleveland, OH

#38 Apr 13, 2011
When I was in school there were four girls, all cousins, who made it a point to go after the single male teachers in hopes of having sexual relationships with them. The administration did nothing because the girls were all athletes.

Student-teacher relationships do happen, sometimes they are initiated by the students, sometimes by the teacher. Either way it is against the law in Ohio. This teacher did the right thing by resigning.
Detention

United States

#39 Apr 13, 2011
All teachers in Ohio should have mandatory training in the following areas:

Teachers should not have sex with students
Teachers should not abuse students
Teachers should not steal
There is no such thing as uncontrollable obesity

They should have to take this type of sensitivity training every 6 months.
REALLY

Hilliard, OH

#40 Apr 13, 2011
Northern Lass wrote:
When I was in school there were four girls, all cousins, who made it a point to go after the single male teachers in hopes of having sexual relationships with them. The administration did nothing because the girls were all athletes.
Student-teacher relationships do happen, sometimes they are initiated by the students, sometimes by the teacher. Either way it is against the law in Ohio. This teacher did the right thing by resigning.
If this is the case, teachers have a obligation to report inappropriate student behaviour. Teachers have a obligation to teach and keep their hands/bodies to themselves. I am not bashing teachers.
ohioaz

Akron, OH

#41 Apr 13, 2011
Insanity wrote:
I'm convinced many of these posters are not parents because, as a parent, I sure as hell would have a problem with any teacher pursuing a romantic/sexual relationship with my 18 year old senior student.
As a parent, I would agree. However if I was a parent, I would like to think that I would know who my child was dating for "three" years. But then again - she was 18, probably wasn't upfront of what she was doing either. I don't condone this type of relationship at all, however when you have an 18 year old female, normally they are more mature than a 23 years male.....normally that is. He was not thinking with his brain, and has had this guilt feeling many years - and unfortunately has lost his profession as a result. So sad for all concerned...
Zexufang

Columbus, OH

#43 Apr 13, 2011
Abolish public schools. Give every parent a voucher.
ohioaz

Akron, OH

#44 Apr 13, 2011
Sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop Stop Stop, the writer more than likely made an error in what key he hit, but the be so mean spirited - entirely not appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 54 min jonjedi 2,915
Donald Trump Administration 55 min jonjedi 706
Disappearing threads 1 hr jonjedi 2
The Lost Art of Conversation 1 hr jonjedi 20
Breaking news....... 2 hr jonjedi 96
jonjedi 3 hr jonjedi 43
World Rankiings ? 3 hr jonjedi 3

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages