Grandview principal's old secret compels him to quit | The Columbus Dispatch

Questions led Jesse Truett to "admit my mistake." When Principal Jesse Truett announced his resignation from Grandview Heights High School last month for personal and health reasons, people had few details and lots of questions. Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
cruiserette

Dublin, OH

#1 Apr 13, 2011
So unfortunate that employees in other systems (like Groveport) aren't equally troubled.
The Four Horsemen

Grove City, OH

#2 Apr 13, 2011
Aren't we thrilled that he relieved himself of the stress of this catching up with him eventually?

With the news coming out every week, do we trust any teachers?

And you people wonder why HB5 is happening. This guy got away with it for 20 years, likely because the principle at his school knew how much work it would be to get rid of him. Or, the principle didn't care.

Either way...
PEARL

Newark, OH

#4 Apr 13, 2011
Exactly why 23 year old's should not teach at a high school level. If he were not a teacher, no one would think a thing about a 23 year old man dating an 18 yr. old.
Sad because I remember him doing a great job at Newark, a difficult school to work in.
John

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Unlike many others he had a conscience. He should be saluted for doing the right thing.
norm

Germantown, OH

#7 Apr 13, 2011
Oh please, this is the silliest thing I have heard in ages. They were both consenting adults. People in this country are SO uptight! If it had been a huge age difference, or she felt threatened, it would certainly be a different matter. He has nothing to apologize for AT ALL.
Common sense

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 13, 2011
The Four Horsemen wrote:
And there it is. Blame and incriminate the entire teaching profession for the mistakes of a few. This newspaper has been driving its anti-teacher agenda for years, depending on people like this to just blindly believe and assume based on everything they read. Keep digging and embellishing, Dispatch. At least you don't disappoint.
justa

Westerville, OH

#9 Apr 13, 2011
If he feels that bad , is he going to give back all the money he made ?
Bob

Columbus, OH

#10 Apr 13, 2011
John wrote:
Unlike many others he had a conscience. He should be saluted for doing the right thing.
saluted? If he had a conscience he would have resigned when he was a teacher not years later.
hamburger pimp

Circleville, OH

#11 Apr 13, 2011
How did they keep it a secret originally? If they were dating three years after she graduated, surely some of her former classmates must have put two and two together but didn't say anything. If it wasn't a big deal then, why is it now (I mean, besides it being against the law)?
Matt

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 13, 2011
Why would he give back the money he earned?
Cartman

Marysville, OH

#13 Apr 13, 2011
If you would like to make a list I can point out nearly identical situations in every walk of life- particularly the clergy. Humans are just that. It's time we took a big step back, started to reason as if we actually had that ability and quit pretending this is Puritanical New England of centuries ago.

All you hypocrites keep casting your stones...

Once again the Faux News Wantabee Murdoch Dispatch is demonizing one of our greatest resources- school teachers.
Jen of Columbus

Columbus, OH

#14 Apr 13, 2011
The Four Horsemen wrote:
Aren't we thrilled that he relieved himself of the stress of this catching up with him eventually?
And you people wonder why HB5 is happening. This guy got away with it for 20 years, likely because the principle at his school knew how much work it would be to get rid of him. Or, the principle didn't care.
Either way...
You need to pick up the paper and read it more often and more carefully. First, it's SB5 not HB5. One is from the senate and the other from the house. Secondly, the guy is 36 and this happened when he was 23, 13 years ago. This means he can still be prosecuted.
Unless you worked for the school district in question, we don't know that it was the building principals fault for turning a blind eye to this guys actions. They may not have even have known about it, which means the district would not have thought of how to can him. SB5 would have added nothing.
Don't get on these sites and treat them like your soap box to tell the world how great your partisan bill is. Especially since you obviously don't know what it is about and are only parroting some other persons ideas.
give me a break

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 13, 2011
He is an awesome principal who did the right thing. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Tom

Columbus, OH

#16 Apr 13, 2011
This girl is now 30? She must have a screw lose to be threatening him now in her life? It sounds like she has a problem.
shirley

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 13, 2011
Okay, anyone out there who knows Jesse, knows that he is a stand up guy who has always taught his students to make good choices and do what is right.
Pat

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 13, 2011
As long as I have known Mr. Truett he has been an educator who listens to the community and gives it his all to the students and staff.
bob

Saint Petersburg, FL

#20 Apr 13, 2011
Cartman wrote:
If you would like to make a list I can point out nearly identical situations in every walk of life- particularly the clergy. Humans are just that. It's time we took a big step back, started to reason as if we actually had that ability and quit pretending this is Puritanical New England of centuries ago.
All you hypocrites keep casting your stones...
Once again the Faux News Wantabee Murdoch Dispatch is demonizing one of our greatest resources- school teachers.
Did the Dispatch out the guy or just run a news story about his resignation ? Is it against the law for teachers to have sexual relations or not ? Cartman, you got your dose of fox news bashing in for the day, like always, fox news has nothing to do with this story.
Balls Deep

Columbus, OH

#21 Apr 13, 2011
Unlike Tressel, he couldn't handle the pressure.
Forest Gump

Bowling Green, OH

#22 Apr 13, 2011
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
And there it is. Blame and incriminate the entire teaching profession for the mistakes of a few. This newspaper has been driving its anti-teacher agenda for years, depending on people like this to just blindly believe and assume based on everything they read. Keep digging and embellishing, Dispatch. At least you don't disappoint.
Glad to see the same "Common Sense" is used with the bashing of the clergy.
I Know

Columbus, OH

#23 Apr 13, 2011
She was 18, he was 23. Both consenting adults, and the dated publicly later. I don't see what the problem is. Certainly not a criminal offense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus Christ King of Kings Lord of Lord's 6 hr Kenny 37
England Outlaws Vulva Piercings 9 hr Beth 10
Chick-Fil-A Heckler CFO Unemployed, on Food Sta... 9 hr Pope Che Antichri... 9
Poll Do Black Lives Matter? 10 hr Pam 39
Poll Do you support Affirmative Action? (Oct '12) 10 hr Pam 27
News Bakken oil trains roll across Columbus 10 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Obama legacy and a nuclear Iran 10 hr REAL American 24
Westerville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web