Man found guilty in car-crash deaths ...

Man found guilty in car-crash deaths of three | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 33 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 15, 2011, titled Man found guilty in car-crash deaths of three | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Licking County Common Pleas jury has found a Westerville man guilty of causing the death of three people in a 2008 traffic crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TNT

Lima, OH

#21 Jul 15, 2011
0.11 is the legal limit for the urine test. 0.08 is the legal limit for a blood alcohol level.
GrandmaBooBoo

United States

#22 Jul 15, 2011
I agree Cheesie; I was under the impression also that the legal limit was .08. Of course....we must realize that proof reading is definitely a thing of the past...and no one really holds journalists to keeping with the facts anymore.
Hey

Findlay, OH

#23 Jul 15, 2011
Cheesie wrote:
I thought Ohio has/had a legal limit of 0.08, not 0.11. Am I wrong?

Yeah, the limit is different for the urine test.
Great American

Columbus, OH

#24 Jul 15, 2011
the hilt wrote:
kasich let him off
You're an ignorant fool and a nimrod.Find something better to do until the public schools come back from summer vacation.You're most likely a "teacher" or a union
member filled with hate and jealousy.Kasich has done more for Ohio in 7 months than
Strickland did diring his time in office.Wah,wah,wah,boo hooo....
bigdaddyoldman

Norwich, OH

#25 Jul 15, 2011
he drove drunk,,, he knew the dangers of drunk driving,, he killed three people,,, he to should lose his life as well
Tom

Lima, OH

#26 Jul 15, 2011
BuckEye wrote:
For Beth: There is no way to "prove" a negative. You can only prove a positive, i.e., the killer was driving a speeding vehicle while legally intoxicated. The presumption of guilt is already on him. Trying to prove that something didn't take place is impossible.
It appears as if people are having trouble separating the different elements of this case. Neale could have driven with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit, exceeded the speed limit and still not have gone through a red light. It's possible his light was green. Everything I've read about this case leads me to believe whoever failed to stop at the red light was responsible for the collision. There was compelling evidence presented by experts on both sides and I believe there was reasonable doubt about who actually went through that light.

Is driving under the influence of alcohol, combined with speeding, a stupid and dangerous thing to do? Absolutely. Does it automatically mean this man was responsible for the collision which occurred at that intersection? No. Sober people driving within the speed limit can fail to stop at red lights.
Liz

Newark, OH

#27 Jul 15, 2011
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears as if people are having trouble separating the different elements of this case. Neale could have driven with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit, exceeded the speed limit and still not have gone through a red light. It's possible his light was green. Everything I've read about this case leads me to believe whoever failed to stop at the red light was responsible for the collision. There was compelling evidence presented by experts on both sides and I believe there was reasonable doubt about who actually went through that light.
Is driving under the influence of alcohol, combined with speeding, a stupid and dangerous thing to do? Absolutely. Does it automatically mean this man was responsible for the collision which occurred at that intersection? No. Sober people driving within the speed limit can fail to stop at red lights.
Everything I've read leads me to believe that Neile ran the red light. There are 5 people who know the truth. 3 are dead, one has memory loss because of the accident and one has his entire future based on you believing it wasn't him. We will probably never know 100% for sure. BUT the prosecution presented a better case than the defense and Neile was found guilty and the jury believes he caused the accident. Everything I've read about the case makes me feel like justice was served.
Liz

Newark, OH

#28 Jul 15, 2011
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, an expert witness also testified that had Neile not been speeding, the Saturn would have cleared the intersection regardless of who ran the red light. So even if it was the Saturn that ran the light,(and in my opinion it's a big if because what I've red makes me believe Neile ran the red light), Neile hit her because he was speeding. That would also make the accident his fault.
jeff

Columbus, OH

#29 Jul 15, 2011
Didn't see drinking and driving blowing up in your face hu?

Enjoy the next 29 years in prison!!

You deserve every minute of it loser... You made your bed... Enjoy the fit!!

I hope it's comfortable enough!!
hmd59

Mcconnelsville, OH

#30 Jul 15, 2011
Beth wrote:
What is the evidence that the kids did not run a red light?
There is no evidence.... it was not able to be determined who ran the red light. However, it was proven that the defendant was speeding, legally drunk, failed a field sobriety test and gave incorrect information to a police officer..... Yeah, I'd believe him if he said he didn't run a red light (not).
Greed

Lancaster, OH

#31 Jul 16, 2011
Just Me is an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot! The jury in the CA trial got it right. The prosecution got it wrong. Get over it.
Did you mean the florida trial with casey a? The prosecution did reasonably well, and had a decent amount of evidence. On the other hand the defense had very, very, very little to no evidence of their claims, and the defense lawyer could for all intense and purposes walked out and said.. Hey jury here's the story, aliens took the baby and killed it. And since you can't prove within a reasonable doubt aliens don't exist and didn't do it, my client should go free now.. Might as well have sinc he would have given no proof to his statement just as baez did ayhow.

Oh yeah I did watch 65% plus of the trial, so I can say from my lay point of view with some knowledge and not just blurt out she had the system the system works or doesn't work with no knowledge or very limited.
law

Columbus, OH

#32 Jul 16, 2011
Cheesie wrote:
I thought Ohio has/had a legal limit of 0.08, not 0.11. Am I wrong?
Its and Ohio thing,most Ohioans are easily confused and generaly out of touch with reality.Just read some of the previous posts.
PAR

Columbus, OH

#33 Jul 16, 2011
law wrote:
<quoted text>
Its and Ohio thing,most Ohioans are easily confused and generaly out of touch with reality.Just read some of the previous posts.
You just read some of 31 posts before yours, many from repeat posters. You're making a blanket statement based on these posts about a state with 10 million people. Do you even know what reality is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump - Dangerous 7 min Pale Rider 15
COP THINK - Donut Glaze Or Crystal Meth? 12 min Pam 2
African-American man shot over politics 13 min d pants 19
Don't trust Google... 28 min Male 41
cops 6, freddie gray 0 33 min Posting as myself 1
Trump won't create jobs 51 min Posting as myself 4
News Construction will begin on rapid-transit Cmax l... Mon They cannot kill ... 3

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages