Teen Scares Away Would-Be Robber | WB...

Teen Scares Away Would-Be Robber | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 61 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Teen Scares Away Would-Be Robber | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A 15-year-old on Thursday was credited with preventing a burglary after people tried to force their way into her apartment while she was home sick from school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Nice reporting

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 11, 2010
Where in Blendon Twp did this happen? That might be a helpful bit of info. Just remember folks, we're looking for a strange man in a newsboy cap somewhere in Blendon Twp. Be alert.
jackson

AOL

#2 Nov 11, 2010
BlendonTonship is too busy out hiding and ticketing cars going 3 miles over the limit, and they have to go to waffle house for their half hour break every hour
gazon

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 11, 2010
"He busted it open"? "Busted"??
What is a "newsboy cap"?
Something doesn't smell right here!
C'mon Karina - we deserve better reporting than this!!!!!!!!!!
geez

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Nov 11, 2010
I am glad that this teen wasn't seriously hurt. Pretty sad when you can't feel safe inside your own home.
Teresa

Cleveland, OH

#6 Nov 11, 2010
It happened inside Sunbury Woods off Sunbury Rd. right next 2 Kroger I live nearby keeping my doors locked for mine and family safety.
Mark

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Nov 11, 2010
it occured at Riverpointe Place
Teresa

Cleveland, OH

#8 Nov 11, 2010
Nice reporting wrote:
Where in Blendon Twp did this happen? That might be a helpful bit of info. Just remember folks, we're looking for a strange man in a newsboy cap somewhere in Blendon Twp. Be alert.
It happen in Sunbury Woods right off Sunbury Rd. I live nearby so I'm pretty scared

Since: Feb 10

SE Ohio

#9 Nov 11, 2010
I'm shocked, I tell you! Shame on that child for trying to fight back! What was she thinking? Doesn't she know that THEY say you should ALWAYS give a bad guy what they want, and NEVER fight back?

Honestly!

BTW, this is what a newsboy cap looks like:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsboy_cap
Diana

Coolville, OH

#10 Nov 11, 2010
wow brave kid not to hide under bed that would have been me
Erin

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 11, 2010
cmhbob wrote:
I'm shocked, I tell you! Shame on that child for trying to fight back! What was she thinking? Doesn't she know that THEY say you should ALWAYS give a bad guy what they want, and NEVER fight back?
Honestly!
Ya....obviously that does'nt work these days. Good for her for fighting back!
Linda

Minford, OH

#13 Nov 11, 2010
I want to tell you that the teen this happened to is my grandaughter. I do think that she did the right thing and made the right decision to not allow this intruder to enter the house. I know that it is easy for some of you to judge her actions, but think about what you would have done if put in the same situation. None of us should be so sure that we are safe, even in our own homes. Thanks 10 TV for reporting this story and I only hope that some of you reading this will give a little more thought to what is happening, not only in our own neighborhoods, but everywhere in our country. Lets get angry enough to want these criminals punished for invading us and our families as though it was an O.K thing to do!
Tina

Westerville, OH

#14 Nov 11, 2010
Well, Bob let me tell ya something, what would have happened if he got in the home and got behind closed doors with her? Ever think of that! Good for her to keep him out!!!!! Everyone needs to keep their eyes open..be safe!
Jenn

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 11, 2010
Frank stallone wrote:
Hide yo wife, hide yo kids. They be rapin' everyone out here
Nice...LMAO!
George

United States

#17 Nov 11, 2010
To bad he didn't knock on my door, I have a- CCW- I would have waited for him to step inside and order him to stop on a bullet.
no name

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 11, 2010
cmhbob wrote:
Honestly!
I say good for her for fighting back. What if he got in a raped her. She did the right thing. Think before you make a stupid comment.
abc

Delaware, OH

#20 Nov 11, 2010
Pete Baker wrote:
This sounds like a completely made up story from some kid seeking attention.
That sounds like a statement from a person who's jealous because he isn't getting the attention
:)
jordan frankel

Atlanta, GA

#21 Nov 11, 2010
This could have been prevented by a security door barce such as the OnGARD. The brace stops the door from being kicked in

stay safe
Poppy

Atlanta, GA

#22 Nov 11, 2010
where can I buy the Ongard door brace? I just watched a demo video on youtube.
Jordan

Atlanta, GA

#23 Nov 11, 2010
Poppy I saw the ongard brace on Amazon.com

Good luck
On the other hand

United States

#24 Nov 11, 2010
i think its great she scared the punk away...she had seconds to think and she did it perfectly.

but on other the other hand...a deadbolt's not going to stop someone from kicking in a door...it actually weakens the strength of the door frame because there's an extra hole in it.

a door brace is your best bet...the only thing is it only works when someone is home to put it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 5 min Pope Che Reagan C... 194
It's single digits in the deep south where's AL... 6 min rowdy01 194
Trump BALD HEAD 9 min Reality Speaks 242
demorats WANT TO GIVE AMERICA TO THE illegals! 28 min They cannot kill ... 4
schumer's SHUTDOWN HAS DIED! 46 min They cannot kill ... 3
RUSSIA SPY Ship within 100 miles of North Carolina 53 min Republicans Shill... 5
Nation blames GOP for shutdown 53 min They cannot kill ... 18

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages