“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#3692 Feb 1, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there is the bitch of it. People claim Hillary did start the entire birth thing but can't find the exact reference. The reality of it was that a Hillary supporter and a known democrat lawyer filed suit accusing Obama of not being a natural citizen. This lawsuit was thrown out but it is what started the entire ordeal. So the argument can be made that Hillary did at least try or someone tries on her behalf.
As for the justice department, no they do not investigate politicians. The political fall out that could come from that would be an abuse of power since the justice department is under the authority of whoever the president is and their party. Besides, the only investigation that would have happened would be if he was over 30 years of age and a citizen for 9 years. The only way a senator would be investigated is if they broke a law or was connected somehow to a criminal act or needed to get a security clearance to gain access to some high level information.
The Supreme Court denying review does not mean they did not think a case was valid or not or that they think Obama is a citizen or anything. It just means they didn't take it up which is a standard disclaimer they issue with every case they do not take up. The Supreme Court wouldn't have even taken that point of his citizenship up either. The case in front of them would have been whether or not 3 people from an independent political party had standing to suit concerning claims over Obama being a legitimate president and commander in chief. All they would have resolved would be if the suit could go forward or not and the lower court would have to make finding of fact and process a ruling.
But it is interesting. Obama did spend a lot of time, effort, and money in stopping these challenges from going forward. I believe he did it for whatever political gain he thought he would obtain by keeping the issue alive but that's just my opinion. It does however present a situation where you can legitimately say that he refused to prove his citizenship, racked up a bunch of legal fees, manipulated the release of information in ways that made it look suspect and he did this purposely. It's too complicated to claim it was an oversight so I'm confident it was a deliberate action.
We have two states now that have validated Obama's birth on record with the state of Hawaii and that validation satisfied their legal process well enough to put his name on the ballots in those states (Arizona and Kansas). So I'm confident he is a natural citizen. I'm just not sure why he made it look like some sort of scam was happening. Perhaps he is counting on a revolution movement in order to implement more laws that the public wouldn't normally accept (similar to the vast support for the patriot act that he said he would get rid of then after taking office said we would keep it because he knew how it was being used and could make sure it wasn't abused).
Let's not forget that John McCain had to have a Senate resolution passed on his eligibility status, but Obama did not. Why not both? Or neither? One can't be admonished for believing that race played a role in that decision.

Hilliard, OH

#3693 Feb 1, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> His birth certificate was shown but the radical right said it wasn't real. I doubt if Bush and Cheney, Don Rumsfeld would let an impostor slide!!
Everybody who rises to those positions of power is "blackmailable."
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3694 Feb 1, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Few? 49% of the electorate is "few"? Is that your Kentucky hilljack math you're showing off?
According to the last election, 49% is overstating it a bit.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#3695 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Everybody who rises to those positions of power is "blackmailable."
If only they didn't go to the bathhouse...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3696 Feb 1, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And therefore most Americans feel no need to self-identify with a hyphenated descriptor, which should be reserved for foreign-born.
Do you know any Irish or Italian Americans?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3697 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Here's one:
"I know there are people that have raised questions regarding Barack Obama's family background, economic philosophy, and fundamental political ideology. But there is so few of them, they would be fewer than boulders than on a seashore."
49% voted against Obama, hilljack.
That isn't close to enough to matter.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3698 Feb 1, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
For being an admirer of Wilson, you should know what the term really refers to.
I'm not talking about "self" as an individual, I'm taking about the idea that a "people" have the right to a nation. It's a reflection of my views that the current government and its supporters are denying my people their rights to self-determination.
People can call themselves what they want, but that isn't going to stop me from calling out the inaccuracy of such a claim.
I don't know who this "Wilson" is you are referring to, but I'm guessing its some talking head popular with the angry white male crowd.

Once again, I guess your concept of "self determination" must not extend to people who don't think like you do.

That's pretty pathetic.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3699 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Let's not forget that John McCain had to have a Senate resolution passed on his eligibility status, but Obama did not. Why not both? Or neither? One can't be admonished for believing that race played a role in that decision.
McCain didn't need anything.

Hilliard, OH

#3700 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the last election, 49% is overstating it a bit.
48.9%...I didn't say that was the Romney vote; I said that was the vote against Obama.

Hilliard, OH

#3701 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. And none of the generations born here after 1960 refer to themselves in a hyphenated manner.

Hilliard, OH

#3702 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't close to enough to matter.
So you agree with Pale Rider that 49% of the electorate is "fewer than boulders than on a seashore."
You're insane.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#3703 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>Let's not forget that John McCain had to have a Senate resolution passed on his eligibility status, but Obama did not. Why not both? Or neither? One can't be admonished for believing that race played a role in that decision.
You seem a bit paranoid today Paco. That news out of LA got you in a tizzy?

woof

Hilliard, OH

#3704 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain didn't need anything.
No?

S.Res. 511 (110th): A resolution recognizing that John Sidney McCain, III, is a natural born citizen.

110th Congress, 20072009. Text as of Apr 30, 2008 (Resolution Agreed to).
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/sre...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3705 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>48.9%...I didn't say that was the Romney vote; I said that was the vote against Obama.
I know, right? With all you wingnuts against him, he still recieved more than 50% of the vote.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3706 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>I do. And none of the generations born here after 1960 refer to themselves in a hyphenated manner.
But they both belong to little clubs with their country of origin in its name.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3707 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>So you agree with Pale Rider that 49% of the electorate is "fewer than boulders than on a seashore."
You're insane.
I agree that there is a solid majority that supports the President and a fractured minority that doesn't. It will be that way for a long time. Enjoy.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3708 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>No?
S.Res. 511 (110th): A resolution recognizing that John Sidney McCain, III, is a natural born citizen.
110th Congress, 20072009. Text as of Apr 30, 2008 (Resolution Agreed to).
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/sre...
Completely unnecessary BS.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3709 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Any Irish? Yes I do know some extended relatives over there.

Italian-Americans, yes I know a guy who immigrated from Italy back in the 70s.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3710 Feb 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
But they both belong to little clubs with their country of origin in its name.
I don't know anyone who belongs to an ethnic based club, not named NAACP.

Hilliard, OH

#3711 Feb 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a bit paranoid today Paco. That news out of LA got you in a tizzy?
woof
Hardly. It's about time that Mahony pays. Just like Bernie Law is paying, permanently exiled from this country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 4,798
Rootin Tootin Putin 2 hr They cannot kill ... 7
destiny Gilliam/benbrook 2 hr yupitsme 21
Censoring Male. 3 hr They cannot kill ... 13
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 4 hr Mikie 280
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 4 hr TonyD2 77
chanukah hanukkah day 2 4 hr They cannot kill ... 22
Westerville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westerville News, Events & Info