“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#143 Feb 10, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that means?
I thought that the regulators were in favor of it.
The only thing I've seen some in favor of is a Plan B morning after pill.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#144 Feb 10, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing I've seen some in favor of is a Plan B morning after pill.
Obama rejected that, I was speaking of Jindal's proposal to make some contraception OTC.

I thought there were certain professional organizations that endorsed it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#145 Feb 10, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control is elective...
It's very simple. Keep your knees together.

Location hidden

#146 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>Too many possible side effects related to cardiovascular disease that may be undetected in women, especially those with hypertension, smokers and over age 35. Blood clots often seen in those patients. Also, survivors of cancers of the reproductive organs are advised to avoid oral contraceptives.
That's true. Most GYN's will not prescribe the birth control pill for women over 35 who also smoke and to women who have had ovarian or cancer of the uterus.

Hilliard, OH

#147 Feb 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. Most GYN's will not prescribe the birth control pill for women over 35 who also smoke and to women who have had ovarian or cancer of the uterus.
Or breast cancer.

Ivy League-ISIS

#148 Feb 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very simple. Keep your knees together.
And keep it in your pants

Hilliard, OH

#149 Feb 10, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier said than done...

Location hidden

#150 Feb 10, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like you to have a word with my three stepsons. Nothing their father or I say seems to sink in.
Of course, since they are all just 2 years apart in age, it may be a genetic thing.

Location hidden

#151 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>Easier said than done...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hpwJE5DEk7UXX
They never get boring.

Ivy League-ISIS

#152 Feb 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like you to have a word with my three stepsons. Nothing their father or I say seems to sink in.
Of course, since they are all just 2 years apart in age, it may be a genetic thing.
STDs suck, yo

Hilliard, OH

#153 Feb 10, 2013
Amazing. Post facts about cancer and the Pill and watch a troll come through displaying some form of mental illness with the icons.

Ivy League-ISIS

#154 Feb 10, 2013
Amazing. Post facts about cancer and the Pill and watch a troll come through displaying some form of mental illness with the icons.
Reader, I see you...

Or is it kosmik, out of rehab yet?

Hilliard, OH

#155 Feb 10, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Reader, I see you...
Or is it kosmik, out of rehab yet?
No, Reader isn't going to do that when it involves facts about women's health. Plus, she knows my wife is a breast cancer survivor.
My money is on Johnson. He's having one hell of an awful weekend here ;-)

Ivy League-ISIS

#156 Feb 10, 2013
<quoted text>No, Reader isn't going to do that when it involves facts about women's health. Plus, she knows my wife is a breast cancer survivor.
My money is on Johnson. He's having one hell of an awful weekend here ;-)
LOL hasn't been on here in a while, his name changing ways are thankfully gone for now.

I'm betting its Geronimo from Reynoldsburg.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#157 Feb 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an out and out liar.
Where, you cow, did I say the rate of unwanted pregnancy elevated BECAUSE of sex education and/or birth control?
And where did I use personal experience as I have never been pregnant....wanted or unwanted?
You friggin twist every word to support your argument, which you have none to begin with....
You are a self-proclaimed Christian who is heavily pro-abortion.
And that is impossible. Glad you found a quasi-pastor that will go along with it.
OK, for starters, post #84, you said this:

"The number of 'unwanted' pregnancies climbed and continues to climb with the addition al of sex ed in the school, birth control and even the morning after pill, being given to young people without parental notification or consent."

Location hidden

#158 Feb 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Where, you cow, did I say the rate of unwanted pregnancy elevated BECAUSE of sex education and/or birth control?
And where did I use personal experience as I have never been pregnant....wanted or unwanted?
You friggin twist every word to support your argument, which you have none to begin with....
And that is impossible. Glad you found a quasi-pastor that will go along with it.
Next, several posts down (#89, I do believe), your responded to my request for a source for you data by saying this:

"Personal observation. This case that is all any thinking person needs."

Location hidden

#159 Feb 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
As regards Christianity, you are certainly entitled to your beliefs. However, there a number of well-respected groups and individuals who disagree with you.

http://www.rcrc.org/

Location hidden

#160 Feb 10, 2013
Interesting note from the website of the Religious Coalition for Religious Choice:

"What does the Bible say about abortion?

"At the time the Bible was written, abortion was widely practiced in spite of heavy penalties. Even so, the Hebrew scriptures had no laws forbidding abortion and there is no condemnation or prohibition of abortion anywhere in the Bible. This was chiefly because the Hebrews placed a higher value on women than their neighbors did. Abortion is not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible or New Testament. There are some references to the termination of pregnancy. The most well-known, Exodus 21:22-25, says that if a pregnancy woman has a miscarriage as a result of injuries she receives during a fight between two men, the penalty for the loss of the fetus is a fine. If the woman is killed, the penalty is life for life. It is obvious from this passage that men whose fighting has caused a woman to miscarry were not regarded as murderers because they had not killed the woman. The woman had greater moral and religious worth than the fetus."

Ivy League-ISIS

#161 Feb 10, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
As regards Christianity, you are certainly entitled to your beliefs. However, there a number of well-respected groups and individuals who disagree with you.
http://www.rcrc.org/
And there were Jews like Soros who worked for the Nazis, capitalists who sold Lenin the rope he used to hang them with, Israelis who back Hamas, and gun owners who want to ban guns.

In the real world, we call them traitors.

That organization, is the "bought priesthood"
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#162 Feb 10, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see the rape exclusion there.
Further, there is a pretty wide latitude covered in "elective" procedures in which other alternatives may be equally recommended, from a health standpoint, or in which health may be a factor, but not one that relates to life/death situations.
As an example, I know a family that was faced with the possibility of an abortion when they knew that the child had a condition that was incompatible with life outside the womb. In other words, once born, the child would die in a few hours. The family decided to carry the pregnancy through. However, had they not elected to do so, the abortion would still have been considered elective. And I happen to regard that as a very person matter. Not something that should be decided by a bunch of folks with some vague concern for forcing a particular "morality" on all of society.
Terminating a pregnancy to save the life of the mother in immediate danger would not be an elective procedure.

Electing to terminate the pregnancy based on an assumed outcome (test results have been known to be wrong) is an elective procedure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbus man on a deadly mission, caught 4 min Pope Che Reagan C... 97
Hooters Columbus locations closing due to defla... 35 min Pope Che Reagan C... 153
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 55 min Seriouslady 81
Why Republicans Should Fear ‘Ready for Hillary’! 1 hr Seriouslady 31
Statistics of Wars Throughout History 1 hr Kenny 2
A QUESTION FOR hillary…. 1 hr yeah baby 7
Critics of Islam were right 1 hr Ecossais 29
More from around the web

Westerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]