In Defense of Stereotypes
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#2434 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate Christianity.
Didn't you just declare within the hour that you were done and not coming back? Another lie.
Better learn how to read before you declare someone to be a liar. Moreover, it takes a heartless soul to go after someone who might still be grieving a death. If I reacted, you should be happy that you hit the right button since you seem to take such delight in doing so.
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, it is. Dick the Devil!
I'll register so someone can PM me if people are ready to move out of the neighborhood and into someplace better. I'm done (which was probably the goal but whatever).

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Pickerington, OH

#2435 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a little secret, dawg. You're wrong.
The entire world possesses inside information from God, though it's not so "inside"...seeing as His blueprint for life remains the world's #1 best-selling book of all time.
A virtually-unknown, 33-year-old carpenter was executed 2000+ years ago.
And you and the rest of the world are still talking about Him.
True. And very telling.
We still talk about Buddha too. And Buddhism existed many centuries before Christianity. So...there's that.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2436 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Better learn how to read before you declare someone to be a liar. Moreover, it takes a heartless soul to go after someone who might still be grieving a death. If I reacted, you should be happy that you hit the right button since you seem to take such delight in doing so.
<quoted text>
If you are still grieving a death, that's your problem not mine. If you are too emotionally fragile, perhaps this isn't the place for you.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2437 Oct 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Poor Tippy.
Just cannot stand it when other people politely try to explain why someone's assumptions are quite clearly mistaken.
Try this.
Type "Che", "Reagan", and "Christ" into any search engine, first doing each individually, then all three together.
Compare the number of results.
woof
Heh, I might actually have been talking a bit above the board's technical ability. If you do search correctly within a site, taking care to "" your keywords, you're still going to get a wildly rough guess of number of times you see the search terms (without even counting quoting).

The bots that crawl for data aren't that smart and can only count the number of times they see the keyword (in posts, on the main page, in footers, etc) massively inflating the number of results. They dont know or care enough to be able to just pull and count posts. Interestingly, in a site like this, crawl depth might also prevent legitimate posts from being counted as google bots (or any other bot, if you could find a site that had an independent crawl) can't search 100% of the net and will generally limit the depth of their crawl, only going X number of pages in, for example.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2438 Oct 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your entire post is an outright lie. I actually had some respect for you during these conversations, but if you're going to lie and make stuff up, you don't deserve respect.
I never blamed slavery on Christianity.
I never said I didn't think slavery was immoral. In fact, I said it WAS immoral.
I never said I hated Christians or any religion. I actually said I respect other people's beliefs, even if I don't believe in them. What I don't respect is people telling me what they think is a truth or fact when indeed it is not.
If you are not a liar, then by all means, provide evidence countering any of these things. You will not find one statement made by me that says I hate Christians, I hate religion, I think slavery is moral and acceptable and that Christianity is to blame for slavery.
I'm glad you believe humans are imperfect beings despite your assertion of being moral because with this post, you definitely prove you are capable of being imperfect and feeling the need to lie in order to bolster your argument.
Your posts.
Others may review the thread to grasp the context.

Your posts reveal that you are very conflicted because you adhere to no objective morality. Further, your hateful denial of objective morality -- because it derives from God -- is so evident throughout your years of posting on Topix that to declare me a liar for stating that you hate Christianity is laughable.

http://www.topix.com/forum/columbus/T76DKCJ0S...
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, tell that to all the victims of imperialism, all the slaves who were killed/abused/tortured, etc. etc. Talk about being fundamentally dishonest! Many bad, bad things have happened in the name of Christianity. And other religions as well. I don't know why Christians always turn to Islam whenever your religion is criticized. No atheist will argue that Islam is better or more preferable. Religion in and of itself is one of the many reasons mankind has the problems it does.
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our culture practiced slavery. Was this country immoral then? Slaves help this country become what it has - are you saying one of the tool implemented to build this country is moral or immoral? Obviously our culture changed to believe slavery immoral. The culture changed. Their morality changed....
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#2439 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can do it. I will show you how.
w a i t w h a t i s l y i n g . c o m
See?
That kind of reminds me of a creepy letter on notebook paper with letters cut out of magazines and glued on. And just for the record, it was only the posts from the last month which really put me on the low end.

Have a nice day!

Location hidden

#2440 Oct 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
We still talk about Buddha too. And Buddhism existed many centuries before Christianity. So...there's that.
Buddhism doesn't predate God.
So...there's taht.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#2441 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are still grieving a death, that's your problem not mine. If you are too emotionally fragile, perhaps this isn't the place for you.
Only with posters who are cray cray. Perhaps you know of one.

Location hidden

#2442 Oct 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fear of knowledge is limitless.
Pseudo-intellectuals of a feather flock together.
Fly over the pond and join your fellow pompous arse.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2443 Oct 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is something they need to believe. Imagine having gone your entire life believing in something - dedicating your life to something and feeling there is no purpose to life without it. Imagine how absolutely disruptive the idea of there not being a purpose, to everything being random, that there is nothing after this life would be to a person like Tip. So in order to keep themselves sane and keep order in their lives, they need to believe that people who don't believe are unhappy and lead purposeless lives. It's the only way they can function. This is not to say all Christians are this way. But those who think they way Tip does...any other way of thinking would cause their head to explode.
Really, you put forth a self-defeating argument? That life should not have purpose? Or are you saying you're oh-so-correct and that Tip's beliefs are wrong and that because of you're belief, he can't function? Tip's beliefs are not his purpose, they are his guiding principals, his morals. They are mine as well. They provide a structure or a framework in which to guide your life.

You have just put the most childish response here I have ever seen!

Location hidden

#2444 Oct 6, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is something they need to believe. Imagine having gone your entire life believing in something - dedicating your life to something and feeling there is no purpose to life without it. Imagine how absolutely disruptive the idea of there not being a purpose, to everything being random, that there is nothing after this life would be to a person like Tip. So in order to keep themselves sane and keep order in their lives, they need to believe that people who don't believe are unhappy and lead purposeless lives. It's the only way they can function. This is not to say all Christians are this way. But those who think they way Tip does...any other way of thinking would cause their head to explode.
And I'm sure that everyone has noticed by now that you atheists have absolutely no sense of humor.

None.

Thanks for proving your unhappiness.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2445 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, fine. How about I name my serious illnesses of which I periodically do battle, and you go after me for having them? Deal?
You can start with cancer.
If this is true, I'm sorry to hear this. As someone pointed out to be earlier after the death of my grandmother recently, Topix is a game and real life should be taken seriously. I wish you well and hope you are doing well.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2446 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Pseudo-intellectuals of a feather flock together.
Fly over the pond and join your fellow pompous arse.
Know how to spot the real intellectuals?

They have Latin mottoes under their screen names.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2447 Oct 6, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
That kind of reminds me of a creepy letter on notebook paper with letters cut out of magazines and glued on. And just for the record, it was only the posts from the last month which really put me on the low end.
Have a nice day!
Just for the record, huh? You poor thing. You are a wreck. Look what you are doing to yourself. You are becoming a serial liar all over your irrational hate of an internet forum poster.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2448 Oct 6, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
Old people who don't understand the Internet are equal parts adorable and slightly exhausting.
You're telling me. I got my mom a laptop a little over a year ago. Set her up with email, Facebook to keep in touch with her family, all that good stuff. It took me two and a half hours to walk her through logging out of Facebook. She had had almost no experience with the internet before. So exhausting and frustrating. She's become quite the pro though!

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2449 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not claim that "an atheist is incapable of morality."
An atheist rejects the Absolute Truth [i.e., God] who defines morality.
Therefore, an atheist's morality is self-defined and subject to the error of this fallen world.
There's so many problems with that kind of thinking, but as I said, this has become a circular argument. You're going to believe what you need to believe and I'm going to keep believing what I know. And of course you will claim that you know the truth. Obviously Christians are subject to the error of this fallen world as well, so I guess we're all in the same boat.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#2450 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure that everyone has noticed by now that you atheists have absolutely no sense of humor.
None.
Thanks for proving your unhappiness.
Why doesn't Jesus play hockey?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2451 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts.
Others may review the thread to grasp the context.
Your posts reveal that you are very conflicted because you adhere to no objective morality. Further, your hateful denial of objective morality -- because it derives from God -- is so evident throughout your years of posting on Topix that to declare me a liar for stating that you hate Christianity is laughable.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Pretty much you've proven you are a liar and make things up to try and get out of a losing side of an argument. Like I said, I lost respect for you for claiming any of those things because you cannot prove a single one.

I've repeatedly said that I do not hate Christians or their religion. In the "years" that I've been on here, I've said that MANY times. Yet you claim I hate Christians but have failed to provide any evidence to sustain that mentality of yours. My mother is a Christian - I don't hate her.

When you have any evidence to prove anything you've lied about, I'll be waiting.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2452 Oct 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhism doesn't predate God.
So...there's taht.
So says you. I don't believe "god" exists. You cannot prove a god does or does not exist. Therefore, that's your belief. But there is proof that the idea of Christianity surfaced around a certain time and that was about six centuries after Buddhism.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#2453 Oct 6, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you put forth a self-defeating argument? That life should not have purpose? Or are you saying you're oh-so-correct and that Tip's beliefs are wrong and that because of you're belief, he can't function? Tip's beliefs are not his purpose, they are his guiding principals, his morals. They are mine as well. They provide a structure or a framework in which to guide your life.
You have just put the most childish response here I have ever seen!
That sounds like a YP, not an MP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 14 min Trump The Traitor 252
people concerned about immigration are not racist 29 min They cannot kill ... 18
Hillary and Bill, Professional Liars 55 min a depraved heart ... 5
cops 6, freddie gray 0 57 min a depraved heart ... 13
Hillary for POTUS 3 hr Greg 21
Gasp! Emails.....created crisis 5 hr d pants 30
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? (Apr '14) 6 hr BizzyBee 85

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages