Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

CLEVELAND, Ohio --- One of the Cleveland police officers involved in the fatal shooting of two suspects Thursday night fired 30 to 40 rounds, a lawyer representing the officers said Tuesday.
That would mean the officer had to reload his handgun at least once.
Attorney Pat D'Angelo said another officer fired 17 rounds and a third fired 12 times at the end of a high-speed car chase. Some of the officers, he added, had been warned that the suspects were armed and were under the perception that shots had been fired at officers.
"He was fighting for his life and fighting to protect other officers," D'Angelo said of the officer who fired at least 30 rounds into the car the suspects had driven on a 25-minute chase.
All told, 47 of the 137 rounds fired by 13 Cleveland officers hit their targets -- 43-year-old Timothy Russell and 30-year-old Malissa Williams, according to the Cuyahoga County medical examiner.
Dr. Thomas P. Gilson reported Tuesday that 24 of the rounds riddled the head, neck, body and an arm of Williams, who was a passenger in the Chevrolet Malibu SS, and 23 rounds struck the head, neck and extremities of driver Timothy Russell.
Gilson ruled the deaths as homicides. The ruling means Williams and Russell, both of Cleveland, did not die as a result of an accident, but does not necessarily mean the shootings constituted a crime.
Cleveland NAACP officials talk about police shootingCleveland NAACP officials talk about police shooting Outgoing Cleveland NAACP President James Hardiman and president-elect Rev. Hilton Smith talked about the recent police shooting in East Cleveland. They said the families have reached out to the organization.Watch video
The rulings came hours before members of the Cleveland chapter of the NAACP discussed their desire for a federal investigation of the chase from Cleveland into neighboring East Cleveland and the use of deadly force by 13 Cleveland officers.
Both suspects were black. Cleveland police Chief Michael McGrath said Monday that 12 of the officers who fired on Williams and Russell inside a 1979 Chevrolet Malibu SS are white and one is Hispanic.
But investigators did not find a gun or spent shell casings inside the car Friday evening, when the medical examiner's staff removed the bodies.
Russell's body has been released to his family. His funeral will be Saturday in Twinsburg, relatives said.
The police shooting came up in discussions at the regular meeting of the Cleveland branch of the NAACP's regular monthly meeting Tuesday evening.
Members voted to send a letter to the U.S. Justice Department to investigate the shooting. Outgoing NAACP President James Hardiman said the office would draft a letter this week.
Several members expressed their concerns about the shooting and said they believe police used excessive force. The group also agreed to form a legal redress committee to explore what actions the organization could take.
"Many of our members are concerned about this matter," Hardiman said. "We want to find out the facts."
About 35 people attended an East Cleveland City Council meeting Tuesday evening, some expressing unease about how the Cleveland Police Department handled the chase.
"I'm concerned about the procedures," said Ike Jenkins, president of the East Cleveland Chamber of Commerce. " ... That people can come into our city firing shots. Cleveland has no respect for our city."
Another East Cleveland resident said, "It was like a Christmas tree. I haven't seen that many cops on TV. This is ridiculous. I'm tired of East Cleveland being experimented on, being disrespected."
No East Cleveland officers or vehicles were involved in the chase, and no East Cleveland officers were involved in the shooting, Mayor Gary Norton told council.
He said two East Cleveland detectives will be out of the city for nearly two months working with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification on the investigation.
With Peter Krouse and Tonya Sams
LaToya

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The NAACP will get to the bottom and this and get some respect for East Cleveland, Black Cleveland. The police officers would not have been shooting like this in other neighborhoods.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Run from the police...and you may find yourself dead...whether you're black, white or purple-polka-dotted.

The End.
LaToya

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
Run from the police...and you may find yourself dead...whether you're black, white or purple-polka-dotted.
The End.
You are White and you just don't get it. If you could turn Black for a single day and live in East Cleveland you would understand that the police are not your friends. That why we need the NAACP - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Babs

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The video that shows the female under arrest just days before this incident is pretty telling as to what kind of individual she was. Be very belligerent and making threats of bodily harm. Including telling the police she was going to kill them. She was a rock hard ghetto ho at very best. The video was very damning against her. The video was played on the news, IDK if it is available anyplace else on the net or not but if so, judge for yourself.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
...the police are not your friends...
You've found common ground with Spook...LOL.

The police are specifically not friends with those who lead them on dangerous, illegal high-speed chases.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
You are White and you just don't get it. If you could turn Black for a single day and live in East Cleveland you would understand that the police are not your friends. That why we need the NAACP - National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Did it ever occur to you that you people aren't the friends of the police, either?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
You are White and you just don't get it.
Pure unadulterated black racism.
Babs

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
That title is racist in itself. What about Mexicans? What about the Chinese? Oh you don't like them so you don't help them? Besides, When the Colored Peoples Organization was started they did need help, now the coloreds just need to quit making trouble, expecting handouts and be a chain around the neck of society. Maybe get an education and a decent job by working hard for both. How about getting married before you start popping out kids like they are hamburgers from McD's. LaToya, you are whats wrong with the black culture. You always think someone is out to get you but the reality is that everyone is trying to make a good life for their own family and don't have time to plan on how to sabotage blacks. They do that all by themselves.
Babs

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

"And quit being a chain"
LaToya

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Pure unadulterated black racism.
Look in the mirror.
LaToya

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've found common ground with Spook...LOL.
The police are specifically not friends with those who lead them on dangerous, illegal high-speed chases.
I agree, look what police did to the late Rodney King, beaten by LAPD or Oscar Grant murdered in Oakland. Both received large settlements from the City as will these two Blacks who were murdered in Cleveland. The City of Cleveland has ruled their deaths as "homicide!"

Look for tax payers of Cleveland to pay out millions of dollars to settle the coming lawsuits.

When will you ever learn?
LaToya

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Did it ever occur to you that you people aren't the friends of the police, either?
Did it ever occur to you that Barak Obama is President of the United States and "you people" won't be able to get away with things like this?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in the mirror.
i'm neither black, nor a racist. I'm a realist who recognizes that leftism and especially black liberalism is dysfunctional.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that Barak Obama is President of the United States and "you people" won't be able to get away with things like this?
"Get away" with what? Demanding that the laws be enforced? Your Obama is a dictator who is above the law...is that what you're saying?

“Not insane-mom had me tested”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of your responses literally make me LAUGH OUT LOUD.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, look what police did to the late Rodney King, beaten by LAPD or Oscar Grant murdered in Oakland. Both received large settlements from the City as will these two Blacks who were murdered in Cleveland. The City of Cleveland has ruled their deaths as "homicide!"
Look for tax payers of Cleveland to pay out millions of dollars to settle the coming lawsuits.
When will you ever learn?
You really need to learn the legal definition of homicide:

"Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder, homicide is broader in scope than murder. Murder is a form of criminal homicide; other forms of homicide might not constitute criminal acts. These homicides are regarded as justified or excusable. For example, individuals may, in a necessary act of Self-Defense, kill a person who threatens them with death or serious injury, or they may be commanded or authorized by law to kill a person who is a member of an enemy force or who has committed a serious crime."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
LaToya

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bazinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of your responses literally make me LAUGH OUT LOUD.
You are sad and weak and cannot think for yourself. The bandwagon may be comfortable but the bandwagon is wrong. Per my earlier post:

The comments made by some of the white readers on this site amaze me. How can any of you possibly think the actions in this case were justified? Because it doesn't happen in your communities. The truth will come out, and when it does, all of the officers involved should be facing federal charges. The beauty about this case is that there will be physical documentation to prove the police are lying. There are cameras all around the Justice Center. I will bet there will be no footage of the victims shooting at police. I will bet there will be no gunshot residue on either of the victim's hands.

What are you going to say when the truth comes out?

“Not insane-mom had me tested”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

LaToya wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sad and weak and cannot think for yourself. The bandwagon may be comfortable but the bandwagon is wrong. Per my earlier post:
The comments made by some of the white readers on this site amaze me. How can any of you possibly think the actions in this case were justified? Because it doesn't happen in your communities. The truth will come out, and when it does, all of the officers involved should be facing federal charges. The beauty about this case is that there will be physical documentation to prove the police are lying. There are cameras all around the Justice Center. I will bet there will be no footage of the victims shooting at police. I will bet there will be no gunshot residue on either of the victim's hands.
What are you going to say when the truth comes out?
You have NO clue who I am....and, where have I indicated that I am part of this "bandwagon" you speak of???...just because I truly believe and agree with some of the posts, I'm part of some "white conspiracy?" I just think your head is buried in the sand and you are very naive....
VADoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

So LaToya let me ask you something. What really bothers you about this incident? Would you have been as upset if the driver and passenger of the car had been shot twice maybe 3 times and died? Or are you just upset because of the amount of times police shot at them? Or are you upset that white cops shot black people?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westerville Discussions

Search the Westerville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 28,474
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 68
Reporter's request: Appealed a parking ticket? ... (Feb '10) 1 hr Joseph S Muse 19
When will Obama be Arrested???? 3 hr Zombie Corpse Rental 31
Where is Catman Dave and BizzyBee 3 hr d pantz 89
President Obama violated Constitution in 2012 3 hr Male 98
Do you agree with Obama spending $260/day on il... 3 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westerville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••