ThisWeek Community Newspapers

ThisWeek Community Newspapers

There are 2 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Aug 24, 2011, titled ThisWeek Community Newspapers. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

The success of its first summer lunch program has the Westerville Area Resource Ministry looking forward to providing an expanded service next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

Living in Lala Land

Westerville, OH

#1 Aug 25, 2011
Just another program to indoctrinate our local children into thinking that everything should be handed to them, free.

No such thing as a free lunch? Come to Westerville - you don't even have to prove you're needy, we'll just give you free lunch every day, all summer long.

Of course the numbers rose throughout the summer -- word spreads. People are thrifty and have no shame -- they'll take your free handouts and spend the money they would have spent on feeding their children on something else (video games, cable TV, cell phone plans, beer, cigarettes, clothing). It doesn't "prove a need" -- it proves people will take advantage of a system that permits them to do just that.

Yes,*some* really, honestly do need help. I don't deny that. But people need to help those i need, not give hand-outs for nothing expected in return.

What are you teaching all those kids you fed this summer? That the government will take care of them, feed them. That's not the United States of America. That's the USSR of the past. God help us.
Mike fm Taxerville

Dublin, OH

#2 Aug 26, 2011
Success would be that they didn't have to feed any children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Republicans love Russian lovers more tha... 46 min MarkJ- 41
The Idealism of the U.S. Flag Deserves American... 49 min Sleep on it 8
Where are the Stink Bugs? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Hillary Rodham Clinton's book 1 hr Too funny 8
Will Liberals Boycott Cotton? LOL 1 hr Duke for Mayor 15
UTrashy & Spook 3 hr shadow_hunter 74
Why Obama Really Spied on Trump 3 hr Enter Username 63

Westerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance