Westerville schools fare well on stat...

Westerville schools fare well on state report cards

There are 8 comments on the ThisWeek Community Newspapers story from Aug 31, 2011, titled Westerville schools fare well on state report cards. In it, ThisWeek Community Newspapers reports that:

Westerville's schools earned high marks on the state report cards, with the vast majority of buildings earning "excellent" or "excellent with distinction" marks on official results released last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThisWeek Community Newspapers.

gazon

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2011
Did "Westervilleschools" really say goodbye ("farewell") to "statereport cards"? Does "This Week Westerville" have an opening for a proofreader?
Cmon Man

Seymour, IL

#2 Sep 1, 2011
With the amount of tax we pay to the school district, and the additional they want this time around, I would expect ALL schools in the district to be "excellent with distinction" any less is unacceptable.
Why not

Lewis Center, OH

#3 Sep 1, 2011
Cmon Man wrote:
With the amount of tax we pay to the school district, and the additional they want this time around, I would expect ALL schools in the district to be "excellent with distinction" any less is unacceptable.
You should run for the school board and put your tax money where your mouth is. Then you can try to make the changes you feel are necessary. I am tired of people who complain about everything but they won't take the leap and try to make change. They just complain about the others in charge. Cmon man take the leap and see what you can do!
Congrats

Powell, OH

#4 Sep 2, 2011
Congratulations to the teachers, staff, and students of Westerville Schools for a job well done! All of Westerville should be proud of this excellent rating! Having an excellent school system contributes to making Westerville a wonderful community in which to live.
go bux

Perrysburg, OH

#5 Sep 4, 2011
Cmon Man wrote:
The highest rating the high schools can get is "Excellent". They do not have the value added section, which is what is needed to bump up to "Excellent with Distinction".
Jaded cynic

Dublin, OH

#6 Sep 7, 2011
@Whynot..a citizen does not necessarily need to be on the school board to voice concerns. Using the vote to make opinions heard is a powerful tool also. Its a privilege hard fought for and not used enough. Forums such as this are also a great way to express concerns and opinions and often reach a larger number of people than actually sitting on a school board that often meets behind closed doors despite "sunshine laws" that prohibit it.
APWhite

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 30, 2011
I'm in high school, and I go to Westerville North. The reason grades have been getting better is because the quality of the education is going down, which is making things easier. Also, the amount of teachers giving bonus points and extra credit to "help" students school through is going up, so more students are just skating though and making the reports look good. Now the school isn't breaking rules, but if the schools want the kids to have a good education, the need to increase the rigor of the students work. It's not just high schools, colleges are succumbing to this same fate
Liz L

Columbus, OH

#8 Dec 30, 2011
The dumbing down of American continues! Hope you are learning Chinese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Planned parenthood videos appall even pro choic... 16 min Seriouslady 204
I didn't see this coming 34 min REAL American 71
More climate "science" 42 min REAL American 121
Those Pesky Christians Hate the Constitution 49 min Reality Speaks 2
Trump surges to big lead in GOP 2 hr Reality Speaks 116
white focus 10 hr Duke for Mayor 5
Dead LA man who had underwater car identified; ... 17 hr Doc 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westerville Mortgages