One Volt owner leads charge at new public station | The Columbus Dispatch

Jul 14, 2011 Read more: Columbus Dispatch 38
Greg Kuss charges his Chevy Volt at the new public charging station at Walmart, 3900 Morse Rd., in the Easton area. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hilliard resident

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 14, 2011
No thanks...I'll just stick with my 400+ HP german sedan and will remain obedient to the oil industry, as I'd rather give my money to them than Wally World anyday!
Howard Beale

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 14, 2011
Hilliard resident wrote:
No thanks...I'll just stick with my 400+ HP german sedan and will remain obedient to the oil industry, as I'd rather give my money to them than Wally World anyday!
Compensating for some inadequacy?
CSD

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 14, 2011
The blood of the coal miners will be on this guy's hands. Lock him up now before he kills anymore innocent union workers, small chidren, kittens, baby rabbits, goldfish, and Bambi !!!
Redi Kilowatt

Columbus, OH

#24 Jul 14, 2011
Somebody should tell Mr. Kuss that he doesn't have to stand there and hold the nozzle - or whatever it is - it ought to stay in all by itself. Hey, I just thought of a catchy jingle..."You can trust your car to the man who wears the star, the big bright Red Chinese star!"
Hayduke

Valparaiso, IN

#25 Jul 14, 2011
Money Hog wrote:
Does he go to Easton everytime he needs a charge ? Or, does he have a charging station at home ? Does he shop in Walmart for 4 hours while his car charges ? This will never catch on because 35 miles isn't enough for 95% of people driving.
Correct
If most people DID only drive 35 miles or less a day we wouldn't need to be having this discussion
These people aint right

Seymour, IL

#26 Jul 14, 2011
Former Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
You have this completely backwards. For the vast, vast majority of round trips 35 miles is far more than enough range. It is pretty rare for a trip to be longer. The long ones stick out in your mind, but it is a fact that most trips are quite short. This is not to say the Volt is the end all be all, but it does seem to be a step in the right direction. Besides, unlike the Leaf the Volt has an onboard generator so it's range on a single charge and one tank of gas is several hundred miles, just like the car you drive now.
sorry to burst your bubble but I have a 44 mile round trip each day to/from work alone.
Sonny

Akron, OH

#27 Jul 14, 2011
Maybe one day wrote:
These won't catch on until you can charge one at your house - ridiculous to charge a car for 4 hours.
If you run out of juice, you will be walking down the highway carring a red can of electricity.
Gene

Columbus, OH

#28 Jul 14, 2011
Who wants to wait at an electric station for 4 hours to fill up their electric car when you can fill up your gas tank in 5 minutes? They still need more advances before it will be a good consumer product. Consumers value their time and the convenience factor is a big thing.
Cowlumbus Born

Delaware, OH

#29 Jul 14, 2011
JPA wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't most folks have a separate 220v circuit to the garage....or a garage?
Most only have 220 volt for their clothes dryer.

JPA

Since: Jan 10

Columbus, OH

#30 Jul 14, 2011
Shokanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree this will never catch on. Neither will the Iron Horse-too noisy and slow; or the automobile-it keeps getting stuck in the mud, there is no way to refuel and is unreliable; or the aeroplane-too dangerous.
But, I can't stay. I have to go to the doctor for my leech treatment.
The more things change..the more they stay the same.
Electric motored vehicles pre-dated the internal combustion engine powered automobile. A lot of electric motor cars such as Baker, Detroit Electric, Columbia, Anderson, Edison, Studebaker and Riker have all come and gone during the growing and continuing popularity of internal combustion engine powered cars. Anyway, acceleration from 0 to 60 in 4.2 sec is fun...so is 65 to 100 in 3.2 sec. for passing a car on the freeway...and Teslas are way to expensive.
reality check

Columbus, OH

#31 Jul 14, 2011
bumper sticker wrote:
The Volt will be a museum exhibit in short time.
A very expensive, taxpayer-funded one.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE! The real scam is where the electricity is coming from, very dirty coal power plants. LOL Even more of a scam than ethanol, which takes more energy to make than it saves.
Cowlumbus Born

Delaware, OH

#32 Jul 14, 2011
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE! The real scam is where the electricity is coming from, very dirty coal power plants. LOL Even more of a scam than ethanol, which takes more energy to make than it saves.
Look at it their way "PROFIT"
MFD

Mount Vernon, OH

#33 Jul 14, 2011
That Wal-Mart is in the hood. They may steal his car after he sucks up all that electric. How many coal miners is this one guy keeping in groceries.
Hoppy1234

Canal Winchester, OH

#34 Jul 15, 2011
The problem isn't the time to charge, it is the fact that you can't buy these cars in Ohio. My company has used electric work vehicles for over 20 years and they are more reliable than gas vehicles.
bumper sticker

Canal Winchester, OH

#35 Jul 15, 2011
Hoppy1234 wrote:
The problem isn't the time to charge, it is the fact that you can't buy these cars in Ohio. My company has used electric work vehicles for over 20 years and they are more reliable than gas vehicles.
Which golf course do you caddy at?
Hoppy1234

Canal Winchester, OH

#36 Jul 16, 2011
bumper sticker wrote:
<quoted text>Which golf course do you caddy at?
I hadn't included golf courses in my statement, but since you bring them most golf courses have given up combustion engine carts for electric carts. This is for maintenance reasons not noise. Sometimes you have to get your head out of the sand and try some new things.
CSD

Columbus, OH

#37 Jul 16, 2011
The boob with the Volt can only drive from his home to the Wal-Mart and back once a week. How many did they sell in the 2Q 2011 ? 9 or 10 ?
sam s

Washington, DC

#38 Jul 16, 2011
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>Sooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo TRUE! The real scam is where the electricity is coming from, very dirty coal power plants. LOL Even more of a scam than ethanol, which takes more energy to make than it saves.
Same with electric. There is the convience factor unless you want to shovel coal into your car. Even gas takes lots of energy and wTer to boot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 73
FROM THE FOG OF WAR a New hillary! 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 10
News Columbus Man Charged With Aiding ISIS 2 hr They cannot kill ... 4
For Cat Lovers Only! 2 hr They cannot kill ... 16
ASK YOURSELF "DOES AMERICA DESERVE MORE EMBARAS... 3 hr Seriouslady 6
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 4 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 58
Poll Do you support Affirmative Action? (Oct '12) 5 hr flbadcatowner 81
More from around the web

Westerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE