9/12/12 Common Council Meeting - NO CONFIDENCE IN MAYOR FUSCO

Posted in the Westernville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
another roman taxpayer

Tully, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
A concerned citizen and president of the MET/Kossuth Street Neighborhood Coalition presented a petition to the Rome Common Council detailing, "the extreme and unreasoning partisanship of this new administration and Mayor, who continues to demonstrate to me and others, direct malice and hatred toward their perceived rivals. Not returning phone calls. Blocking projects wholly supported and funded by the state and community, are a few examples. Pontificating wild speculation of a "new direction" our mayor is leading us nowhere, and I for one can no longer tolerate or offer confidence in his ability to manage our city. Upsurping powers of department heads, purchasing buildings that no one wanted or was even asked, restructuring entire city departments and micro managing them is not in the charter of our city as powers vested to a mayor.. I further petition my council to answer forth right at the next regular scheduled meeting, on the public record, why I or any other taxpayer of this community should continue to support our elected mayor. I as a citizen am casting my voice of NO CONFIDENCE in his ability to lead or protect our city or it's citizens.

Minutes of the Council meeting can be checked to verify this posting.
Voter

Rome, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2012
another roman taxpayer wrote:
A concerned citizen and president of the MET/Kossuth Street Neighborhood Coalition presented a petition to the Rome Common Council detailing, "the extreme and unreasoning partisanship of this new administration and Mayor, who continues to demonstrate to me and others, direct malice and hatred toward their perceived rivals. Not returning phone calls. Blocking projects wholly supported and funded by the state and community, are a few examples. Pontificating wild speculation of a "new direction" our mayor is leading us nowhere, and I for one can no longer tolerate or offer confidence in his ability to manage our city. Upsurping powers of department heads, purchasing buildings that no one wanted or was even asked, restructuring entire city departments and micro managing them is not in the charter of our city as powers vested to a mayor.. I further petition my council to answer forth right at the next regular scheduled meeting, on the public record, why I or any other taxpayer of this community should continue to support our elected mayor. I as a citizen am casting my voice of NO CONFIDENCE in his ability to lead or protect our city or it's citizens.
If in fact this is true I do not expect the common council would support such a petition. Remember many of the councilors strongly supported Fusco for mayor, and now it would be very hard to believe they would do anything that would warrant a no confidence vote. If by a no confidence vote would in itself be cause for Joes removal from office I doubt he would relent. I do believe base on what he has done so far, you would see more accomplished in this city with Mazz as our mayor than you will ever see with Joe. I know there will be counter comments about my beliefs, but I as well as others supported Joe with the understanding he was going to make positive changes. That I have not seen from him, instead I have seen and heard that his demeanor has change for the worse. I hear from friends in city hall and other departments that in some situations things have become more chaotic, and there is an inability by many workers to do their jobs without interference. They are constantly receiving mixed messages from supervisors, and people who think they are supervisors. Things as some have put it, are much worse than people are being made aware of. It to me is very disappointing to hear and see Joe has taken this type of attitude, and that his actions and lack of, have become very reinitiate of many of his predecessors. I just believe he has let the title goes to his head, and he is failing to see that many people have become disillusioned with him and his abilities to move this city forward as promised.
Voter

Rome, NY

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Yes I did mis-use a word. Sorry I though it corrected before I posted, but I think you get my point.
Mr Obvious

Syracuse, NY

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
If in fact this is true I do not expect the common council would support such a petition. Remember many of the councilors strongly supported Fusco for mayor, and now it would be very hard to believe they would do anything that would warrant a no confidence vote. If by a no confidence vote would in itself be cause for Joes removal from office I doubt he would relent. I do believe base on what he has done so far, you would see more accomplished in this city with Mazz as our mayor than you will ever see with Joe. I know there will be counter comments about my beliefs, but I as well as others supported Joe with the understanding he was going to make positive changes. That I have not seen from him, instead I have seen and heard that his demeanor has change for the worse. I hear from friends in city hall and other departments that in some situations things have become more chaotic, and there is an inability by many workers to do their jobs without interference. They are constantly receiving mixed messages from supervisors, and people who think they are supervisors. Things as some have put it, are much worse than people are being made aware of. It to me is very disappointing to hear and see Joe has taken this type of attitude, and that his actions and lack of, have become very reinitiate of many of his predecessors. I just believe he has let the title goes to his head, and he is failing to see that many people have become disillusioned with him and his abilities to move this city forward as promised.
so what you are saying is thay you are sorry , along with the rest of the idiots, that you voted for Fusco!he is a lier!you idiots couldn't see through him.....
Voter

Rome, NY

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>so what you are saying is thay you are sorry , along with the rest of the idiots, that you voted for Fusco!he is a lier!you idiots couldn't see through him.....
Well since you put it that way, I guess you are right. But don't let being right once go to your head.
Oscar

New York, NY

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Paul you are so obvious
Funny

Rome, NY

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Its kind of strange there was nothing mentioned in the local rag about this so called no confidence petition. You would think if it was so then there would have been something said about it.
hmmm

Watertown, NY

#8 Sep 13, 2012
so who wrote this petition. must have been signed by someone or a group? what are the names of the signers? sounds like another crock of crap ... nothing new smoke and mirrors
another roman taxpayer

Tully, NY

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Its kind of strange there was nothing mentioned in the local rag about this so called no confidence petition. You would think if it was so then there would have been something said about it.
Nothing in the Rome paper for the same reason that no letters to the editor with dissident views re the Mayor or his current handling of city affairs ever appear.

As originally stated, the common council minutes are public records. Any one interested in the city workings should make it a point of attending some of these. Democracy is only succesful if government is transparent and open to those governed.

I could include the name of the person who submitted the petition but feel that those who are truly interested should look into this themselves and get and read the full petition. Better yet, just call your council member. When you do, ask what they intend to do about the petition. Get involved other then just voicing your opinions on Topix. You count as much as every other citizen in the city. Let you voice be heard.
LOL

Springfield, MA

#10 Sep 13, 2012
Got my copy about 2 hours ago . . no record of any petition submitted, no discussion of one either.
Larry

Roxbury, CT

#11 Sep 13, 2012
Put your real name up instead of one of the many you've been using. Tough guy.
Confused

Rome, NY

#12 Sep 13, 2012
LOL wrote:
Got my copy about 2 hours ago .. no record of any petition submitted, no discussion of one either.
How could you get the minutes 2 hours ago when they have not been done yet? City clerk closed at 4:00 and the minutes were not done by closing.
USER

Rome, NY

#13 Sep 13, 2012
?
Larry

Roxbury, CT

#14 Sep 13, 2012
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you get the minutes 2 hours ago when they have not been done yet? City clerk closed at 4:00 and the minutes were not done by closing.
On the city web site azz face
Knows

Rome, NY

#15 Sep 13, 2012
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>Put your real name up instead of one of the many you've been using. Tough guy.
With a post like this you know it had to come from Savoy. He is the head of those whinnie crybabies when someone farts the wrong way. He worse if not the same as Joe Sal. He just likes to start shit just like the other one.. Ignore it.
another roman taxpayer

Tully, NY

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Petiton submitted and read by Andrew Savoy

I don't know anything about sideways farting but the main points of his presentation hit home. Why is the current administration stone walling projects instituted and funded by the previous administration? These projects would benefit the community as they now are, not as mayor Fusco deems they should be. Why is everything that was previously proposed, researched, funded and in most cases well under way, being stymied, stopped, fouled up or otherwise screwed up?? What was a good idea last year is still a good idea this year and if it is funded, lets put people to work and lets have the city reap the benefits of the funding already approved. How many times must this be explained before people understand? The project is funded as is. If the project changes then you MUST re submit for funding. If you submit a project that doesn't involve rehabing a Brown Field - waste site, then the funding will not be as likely to be available.

Now do you get it???
another roman taxpayer

Tully, NY

#17 Sep 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Nothing in the Rome paper for the same reason that no letters to the editor with dissident views re the Mayor or his current handling of city affairs ever appear.
As originally stated, the common council minutes are public records. Any one interested in the city workings should make it a point of attending some of these. Democracy is only succesful if government is transparent and open to those governed.
I could include the name of the person who submitted the petition but feel that those who are truly interested should look into this themselves and get and read the full petition. Better yet, just call your council member. When you do, ask what they intend to do about the petition. Get involved other then just voicing your opinions on Topix. You count as much as every other citizen in the city. Let you voice be heard.
Whoever judged this nuts has a real problem - What about this is NUTS? This is the basis of the government of the USA - if you do not want to be involved in what is happening to you, your city, your state, your country - just sit back and declare that everyone is NUTS
It doesn't make much sense but perhaps it helps you out somehow.

So now you have the name of the petioner - Did you call your City Common Counsil member or do you just want to sit back and rant and rave on TOPIX? I called. I am involved. I want answers and I want accounatbility for what is right for the City. I want Rome to get all the public funding possible for any and all projects that may improve our City. I want something for the future. I want something BETTER. I want a government that is responsive to the citizens. I want a MAYOR that thinks of the good of all and not of what he wants or thinks he wants.
Sure, you can call me a whiner and a crybaby but I want what everyone else wants - What is best for the City of Rome.

I am frustrated and distraught over what is happening here. Our duly elected Mayor is charging forth with his own ideas and not what is ultimately good for the City. He lost over $20,000 in funding for upkeep and maintenance of the installed Solar panel array simply because he did not want to add a item to the counsel agenda for approval. Good grief, what a moron.$20,000 down the drain because he was to stubborn to add one item to the meeting agenda? How many other matters were just to inconvienient for him to address in a timely fashion?? The canal renovations will most likely follow suit with the Mayor since he feels that what has been presented is not what Rome really needs. Well maybe he will pay for the renovations under the plan that he deems is the better alternative.
If that's the case - I too will shut up and bow to his greatness and vision. AMEN
umm

Watertown, NY

#18 Sep 13, 2012
There are no minutes on the city web site, only an agenda. This so called petition is not on it. The name mentioned.. assuming you mean andrew savoie ? not savoy ?
Also if you read the agenda you will see the city is appropriating $130,000 of CITY money to clean up the old factory everyone is concerned about ...
It appears things are happening in the city but unfortunately you will always have those that can't forge ahead.
I don't know anything about sideways farting but the main points of his presentation hit home. Why is the current administration stone walling projects instituted and funded by the previous administration? These projects would benefit the community as they now are, not as mayor Fusco deems they should be. Why is everything that was previously proposed, researched, funded and in most cases well under way, being stymied, stopped, fouled up or otherwise screwed up?? What was a good idea last year is still a good idea this year and if it is funded, lets put people to work and lets have the city reap the benefits of the funding already approved. How many times must this be explained before people understand? The project is funded as is. If the project changes then you MUST re submit for funding. If you submit a project that doesn't involve rehabing a Brown Field - waste site, then the funding will not be as likely to be available.
Now do you get it???
Knows

Rome, NY

#20 Sep 13, 2012
Now do you get it???
Whatever you say Drew
Really

Rome, NY

#22 Sep 13, 2012
I don't think many people on here understand how shit works. People believe that if they throw a petition in front of the common council it is going to mean something. Unless a member of the common council takes it seriously and introduces legislation for a no confidence vote, then the petition is not worth the paper its written on. I don't care how many signatures are on it. So unless the council takes it seriously, nothing is going to happen. Find something else to annoy people with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westernville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheyanne archer 21 min me bitch 3
RFA football is a joke.. 1 hr Futureadults 24
jessica bernier 1 hr mizz nosey 2
Amy Brodock 2 hr mizz nosey 1
Anthony Chandler 2 hr mizz nosey 1
boonvilles electric power lie 2 hr mizz nosey 5
Liverpool 39 RFA 0 2 hr Bill 2
•••
•••
•••