Teen Girl Killed by Homecoming Float

Teen Girl Killed by Homecoming Float

There are 18 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Teen Girl Killed by Homecoming Float. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

WESTCLIFFE, Colo. -- A high school sophomore attempted to climb aboard a moving homecoming parade float but fell under the wheels and was crushed to death in front of onlookers, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

bcz

Orangeburg, SC

#1 Oct 16, 2007
My heart goes out to this family. We never know how close death is. I feel for the people at the parade who witnessed this. They will never be the same.

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#2 Oct 16, 2007
Heartfelt prayers for the family and friends. What a tragic and sad situation. I know that GOD will supply all the grace, strength, comfort and understanding that you will all need to endure. My heart breaks for you.
Kim

AOL

#3 Oct 16, 2007
My sympathy to the family and all who witnessed this happen.We never know when something like will happen.
taxpayer

Florence, SC

#4 Oct 17, 2007
Now do you see how dumb teenagers can be? So why do we let them behind the wheel in an auto to drive? Is it parental convenience? But, to try to get onto a moving vehicle of any kind is just plain stupid.
partofthefamily

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2007
taxpayer wrote:
Now do you see how dumb teenagers can be? So why do we let them behind the wheel in an auto to drive? Is it parental convenience? But, to try to get onto a moving vehicle of any kind is just plain stupid.
\

This was a freak accident and it is not like she was trying to jump in a vehicle going 65mph it was a parage float for God sake. I really don't appreciate you slamming my family so shut up!!!!
seenah

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#6 Oct 17, 2007
i was very sad to read this and my heart and prayers go out to the family and may god bless you all...
seenah

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#7 Oct 17, 2007
taxpayer wrote:

that was just mean and heartless and god forbid if you are a teenagers i hope when you have kids you don't have a stupid child and if you are and adult than you are just stupid.
iakie

Chesterfield, SC

#8 Oct 17, 2007
no
nrh

Middleboro, MA

#9 Oct 17, 2007
what part of her body was run over?
Serenitys9

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#10 Oct 18, 2007
ok, I feel for them and everything, really, I do. But lets think about this a minute. this town Westcliffe, a town of about 460 and yet it has 522 students in the school? What is this, children of the corn all over???
Cola-Guy

Lexington, SC

#11 Oct 18, 2007
I wonder if there was a tape of this accident?
tothemoron

Gypsum, CO

#12 Oct 18, 2007
Serenitys9 wrote:
ok, I feel for them and everything, really, I do. But lets think about this a minute. this town Westcliffe, a town of about 460 and yet it has 522 students in the school? What is this, children of the corn all over???
In your attempt at sounding intelligent, and contriving what you believe to be grand insight, you have made it apparent that you know absolutely nothing about rural America. Let me enlighten you. It is not economical or practical for every small town to have its own school district. Therefore, small towns combine into one district and students travel, sometimes long distances, to the community where the district is based; in this case Westcliffe. The population of the town where the school is located has little bearing on the population of the school system. Your insensitive commentary on this tragedy indicates that it would take a giant step in logic for your small brain to think this one through. Is this the only comment your tiny mind could think to post on this tragedy? Go back to your cave.
Sensible one

United States

#13 Oct 19, 2007
partofthefamily wrote:
<quoted text>
\
This was a freak accident and it is not like she was trying to jump in a vehicle going 65mph it was a parage float for God sake. I really don't appreciate you slamming my family so shut up!!!!
What's the matter...does the truth hurt? Truth...only an idiot would try to climb on any moving vehicle. It is the equivilent of putting a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger. So wise up and teach your kids to be more responsible.
kelley c

United States

#14 Oct 19, 2007
taxpayer wrote:
i think that those words are the most hurtfull and dumbest things any human could have said at a time like this. and i pray for the family and friends of this young girl, im sure it would have been a little different if you were a surviver on the other end of the situation. God help you and your hateful ways.
Another thought

United States

#15 Oct 20, 2007
seenah wrote:
<quoted text>
that was just mean and heartless and god forbid if you are a teenagers i hope when you have kids you don't have a stupid child and if you are and adult than you are just stupid.
Do you realize how totally stupid your comment was? It made absolutely no sense. If you cannot construct a recognizable sentence, stay off the board.
Then again

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2007
taxpayer wrote:
A little harsh but this comment is true. Many of you are yelling at taxpayer but, he/she has a valid point. It is just plain not intelligent to try to board even a very slow moving vehicle. So, get off his/her back.
Wisdom

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2007
It is really foolish to attempt to board anything moving. Teenagers by nature are foolish and seldom consider the unsafe consequences.
Jerry

Westcliffe, CO

#18 Jul 3, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
The only thing profoundly dumber is your insensitivity to the accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westcliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Clay Art Center Apr '15 kjpounds 1
Fremont County Annual Accountability Report: Ma... Apr '15 victor freeman 1
News '20th hijacker' seeks transfer to Guantanamo (Dec '14) Dec '14 Numero UNO 1
flds (Jul '14) Jul '14 KEM 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Westcliffe, CO (Jan '12) Dec '13 Veronica 7
Custer County meet-ups 1/30/2014 (Dec '13) Dec '13 TylerSmethills 1
Sheriff's office sued and investigated (Oct '11) Oct '11 Mountnmom77 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westcliffe Mortgages