Mormon polygamist wives and daughters...

Mormon polygamist wives and daughters agree to rare photo shoot

There are 10 comments on the Colorado Independent story from Jul 23, 2008, titled Mormon polygamist wives and daughters agree to rare photo shoot. In it, Colorado Independent reports that:

Mormon polygamists - or members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - are known to be very media-shy. When the Colorado Independent traveled to Westcliffe, Colo., last month to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Colorado Independent.

LookyHere

Spring, TX

#1 Jul 24, 2008
These pictures don't really say much except that people are moving away from the ranch and living more free.
PrairieDressHott ies

Spring, TX

#2 Jul 25, 2008
Doesn't anyone want to look at pictures of these prairie dress
"hotties"? Or is everyone sick at looking at inbred ugly women
with no shape?
BigLove

Spring, TX

#3 Jul 25, 2008
What do the pictures prove? That they can set a table and "fix" hair?
BigLove

Spring, TX

#4 Jul 26, 2008
Do any of the children look normal? Are they abnormal or is just the brainwashing and odd clothes that make them look unusual?
Nicki

Spring, TX

#6 Jul 27, 2008
Mormon Fundie Wives on parade? Where are the husbands?
I really don't get the point, but I'm sure someone will point out the error of my ways. ;-)
Nicki

Spring, TX

#7 Jul 29, 2008
Ava, you asked if I saw the NYT photo shoot. Yes I do. Often times it just pops up. Also saw the "God's Children" photo shoot.

All these women and all these kids and no DADDIES in the picture.

Is that the way it should be?

One woman on Larry King said she didn't have any idea where her husband was.

They just live differently. I guess having their sperm donor in their kids' lives isn't important. It's just having sex, getting pregnant and getting them there. Then the women work together to raise all of them.

Reminds me of the sheep in Brokeback Mountain.

Since: Jul 08

Vancouver, WA

#8 Jul 29, 2008
*chuckling*
Ava Mae Lewis

Benton, IL

#9 Jul 29, 2008
Nicki wrote:
Ava, you asked if I saw the NYT photo shoot. Yes I do. Often times it just pops up. Also saw the "God's Children" photo shoot.
They just live differently. I guess having their sperm donor in their kids' lives isn't important. It's just having sex, getting pregnant and getting them there. Then the women work together to raise all of them.
Nicki, I could read your posts all day... you are a full blown Texas Hoot!
Such a way with words and expression... Are you old enough to remember Imogene Coco?
You could look at her and not even see her, but if you watched for 60 seconds, you were hooked... she was so expressive with just her eyes and hands... she never needed to say a word. You remind me of that kind of communication... a way with words...its a real talent.
Ava Mae Lewis

Benton, IL

#10 Jul 29, 2008
Nicki wrote:
You've it on a major problem I have... apparently the bed buddy never hangs around, and has no role to play in the lives of the family, the kids, though he is cited as the end all to be all decider...

Its always the women, never see a man around...

children raised without a father in a group home where they vie for the attention even of their own mother...

Another cross for them to bear.

Since: Jul 08

Vancouver, WA

#11 Jul 30, 2008
Ava Mae Lewis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicki, I could read your posts all day... you are a full blown Texas Hoot!
With all her aliases, you probably DO read her posts all day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westcliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lookin for Beelush Feb '17 Not Bad Rob 2
Bad Rob, 81 Sunset Chapter, Bike in the Kitchen... Jan '17 Colquit Street 1
Looking for a psychic that lived in Crestone Co... (Dec '10) Dec '16 scotty steiner 5
News Ride a mountain train to some of Colorado's bes... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Jill Johnson 1
Will Muslim men Blow on a Gork, Ask the Pinhead (May '16) May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Pedophile clergy??? Tell the Pinhead (May '16) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
Crestone the spiritual city in the clowds (May '16) May '16 zeke the pinhead 1

Westcliffe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westcliffe Mortgages