What happened to the snow?

What happened to the snow?

There are 138 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 13, 2007, titled What happened to the snow?. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

A few flurries are possible in the metro area through Friday evening but of course the heavy snow forecasted for Denver didn't occur.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Lol

Jamaica, NY

#124 Apr 14, 2007
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguments consist of nothing but name calling! You MUST be a Liberal!
*holds up mirror*
jackson

AOL

#125 Apr 14, 2007
Maybe 9 news should focus on hiring someone for their weather casting abilities rather than their acting skills. Kathy S. would NEVER make it as a forecaster in the Midwest.
team good

Broomfield, CO

#126 Apr 14, 2007
Annie wrote:
Sorry your job sucks. Poeple get mad at you if it snows, they get mad at you if it doesnt. Like you can control it or predict every single weather pattern. I'm sure you got hollered at a lot today so I wanted to make sure you got at least one nice message. Hang in there.
WORD

“I'm 100% American & Proud”

Since: Apr 07

TiJuana, Co (Denver)

#127 Apr 14, 2007
jackson wrote:
Maybe 9 news should focus on hiring someone for their weather casting abilities rather than their acting skills. Kathy S. would NEVER make it as a forecaster in the Midwest.
Kathy is a hottie though. Deny that and I would question you sexual orientation.
team good

Broomfield, CO

#128 Apr 14, 2007
Lynn wrote:
I'm amazed that Kathy sabine knows what day it is. She is the definition of stupid when it comes predicting the weather. Tells us, Will the sunrise tomorrow? Dont answer as we know as we know you would screw that up to.
WHAT?
WXGuy303

Greeley, CO

#129 Apr 14, 2007
"the WINTER STORM WARNINGS posted for Denver and northern Colorado were cancelled early Friday morning"

This is NOT TRUE. The National Weather Service cancelled all of the Winter Storm Warnings north of Castle Rock around 8:30pm on Thursday night. There should have been better preparation for the 10:00 newscast. Channel 7 was up to date and unfortunately Channel 9 wasn't.
Dave

Commerce City, CO

#130 Apr 14, 2007
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
*holds up mirror*
Lol, Liberal isn't "name calling"...unless you agree that is negative! Gotcha!

“Are You Paying Attention?”

Denver

#131 Apr 14, 2007
Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathy is a hottie though. Deny that and I would question you sexual orientation.
No doubt about it! She's a dish!
toupoc

Aurora, CO

#132 Apr 14, 2007
i'm glad you were wrong. now i want a red umbrella.
George Jillybean

Monroe, LA

#133 Apr 14, 2007
Meteorology is a science, but not an exact science. I'm just thankful we have people dedicated to providing this service that could save our lives depending on the circumstances.

Not only do I listen to the weather reports on 9News but I also have a Weather Alert Receiver in my home that alerts me in the case of sudden weather changes affecting my area.$40 well worth spending at your local Radio Shack.
Shameful

Denver, CO

#134 Apr 14, 2007
ThemApples wrote:
<quoted text>
When decisions are made by those who control certain outcomes, forecasters and airline companies for example, the ability of personal decisions are taken away. I believe this has earned most people the right to blame and be upset.
You are giving forecasters more power than they have - they only provide a prediction (i.e. guess). I can see being angry if your flight was canceled, but I wouldn't go blaming that on forecasters. The number of flights canceled was not enough to prevent delays had there been a storm. In my opinion, it was the airlines using it as an excuse to cuts flights and push passengers to other flights. Thus making the same revenue on less flights. It is interesting how all passengers on canceled flights just happened to be accomodated on other flights.
alexis

Milliken, CO

#135 Apr 14, 2007
i am so tired of snow that i am glad we didnt get any!!!!!!!!!!

Denver, CO

#136 Apr 14, 2007
Bigair wrote:
These are the same people that want us to change our way of living due to some lame prediction on what the climate is going to be 100 years from now. The meteorologists at 9NEWS including Kathy, Nick, Marty, and Ashton are wrong more then they are right, there profession is a joke. In my profession as well as others if we were wrong that many times we would not have jobs just as they shouldn't.
Problem is McDonald's customers don't complain often enough...
tim

Denver, CO

#138 Apr 14, 2007
Trin Tragula wrote:
<quoted text>
Another uneducated buffoon! Wow - what a clever one-liner that was (NOT!) You are one of those people who would gripe no matter what. Give these folks a break. They do the best job they can with the science they have. Are YOU able to control the jetstream, mr. helper? Are you always 100% accurate at your job? If the answer to either one of those is NO, then shut the hell up.
Getting a little defensive... I would have to assume that you are a weather moron yourself, being that you are into the name calling and such, I would even categorize you as a meteoroligical student, and not a very educated one at that. If we as a general workforce made suggestions and predictions like these "professionals" we would be in sad shape.
Maybe we should marry the oil cartels and the weather casters and see if they can drop some of our gas prices with their up to the minute forecasts and predictions. LOL You took it way too personally... If I were in your miserable position I might look at a new career if all you can come up with is "shut the hell up" lol rotfl
jackson

AOL

#139 Apr 14, 2007
Bryan wrote:
Hang in there weather crew. This is the most difficult State in the union to try and figure out. I cancelled my kids doctor appointment yesterday just in case. Not because you told me to. The doctor will still be there next Friday and my kids are just fine. Thanks for your hard work.
The most difficult state in the union? Are you nuts? Try getting out of Colorado to a state that has something more than just a few snow flurries a year.
jackson

AOL

#140 Apr 14, 2007
Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
You can watch a hottie on America's Top Model or a Girls Gone Wild Video. Some of us watch the weather to get the weather report.
Trin Tragula

Fort Collins, CO

#141 Apr 15, 2007
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a little defensive... I would have to assume that you are a weather moron yourself, being that you are into the name calling and such, I would even categorize you as a meteoroligical student, and not a very educated one at that. If we as a general workforce made suggestions and predictions like these "professionals" we would be in sad shape.
Maybe we should marry the oil cartels and the weather casters and see if they can drop some of our gas prices with their up to the minute forecasts and predictions. LOL You took it way too personally... If I were in your miserable position I might look at a new career if all you can come up with is "shut the hell up" lol rotfl
Wrong answer, bucko! Not a weather student or even a meteorologist. So there was nothing for me to take personally. The masses on this forum make it sound like it was 9 News, and 9 News alone who got the predictions wrong. Well guess what, all you “smart people” out there? When airlines cancel flights, it isn’t because they watched 9 News to get the weather. It is because NOAA and FAA weather people made a prediction. The airlines make their calls based on those sources. These models come from sources other than just 9 News. How do I know? I’m a pilot! I consult FAA weather briefings before I fly, not 9 News.

I resorted to name calling, by the way, because that is all you people seem to understand. Or didn’t I see a little name calling towards the weather folks in this thread? Deny it, I dare you. Who's laughing now? I am - you are hilarious!
Trin Tragula

Fort Collins, CO

#142 Apr 15, 2007
tim wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were in your miserable position I might look at a new career if all you can come up with is "shut the hell up" lol rotfl
Oh - and by the way - my career choice is just fine, thank you. I make a good enough living at it (6 figures annually) that I can spend discretionary money on pleasure flying (see my last reply to you). I'm not in a miserable position at all - I like where I am. And you are calling me uneducated? That’s a real hoot! What is pathetic, however, is the uneducated (on second thought, simpleton) mind that thinks that people who work to predict the atmosphere should be right 100% of the time. Tell me, timmy - are YOU able to predict something as large and uncertain as the atmosphere? I didn’t think so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westcliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ride a mountain train to some of Colorado's bes... Jul 13 Jill Johnson 1
Will Muslim men Blow on a Gork, Ask the Pinhead May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Pedophile clergy??? Tell the Pinhead May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
Crestone the spiritual city in the clowds May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Vote Trump May '16 zeke the pinhead 1
Looking for a psychic that lived in Crestone Co... (Dec '10) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 4
Review: Clay Art Center (Apr '15) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 2

Westcliffe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westcliffe Mortgages