WTF

Chicago, IL

#8571 Aug 2, 2014
Not in Lyons wrote:
After reading these comments, if I was Mayor of Lyons, what I would do is hire all part time Police Officers. Pay them $11.00 per hour. Send them t the P/T Police Academy, which takes 8 months. Let them get some experience in Lyons before they move on to work for a Dept. where they can make a living as a FT Officer. I would also have them strictly enforce ALL traffic and ordinances (especially parking and lawn cutting/ watering, etc) in town, against residents and visitors alike, so as to bring in much needed money. Have a few do nothing but traffic on Ogden, Lawndale, Joliet Rd.
We could have Lyons PD be a training ground of sorts for other Police Depts. These places would get Officers that made their mistakes in Lyons and not in their towns as Police Officers.
I seriously doubt that requiring them to live in Lyons would work, as after reading some of these posts, nobody would want some of you as neighbors (and what type of house could a PT Officer afford anyway, besides a foreclosed on or Section 8 property.) You could have a revolving door of new Officers that never learn al the streets in town, don't know any of the residents, or know anything about the town. We could train the future Police for Stickney, Forest View, Riverside, Berwyn and Cicero.These Officers would not give a crap what the residents want, as they are soon to be on to FT, better paying Police jobs.
Some of your laid off Officers have already found new jobs, so to replace them in the future is going to cost Lyons approx.$50K (academy training, pay, field training) before they are ever alone in a squad car on your streets.

So what you are saying is, have these non experienced "part time officers who dont give a crap" learn in Lyons, then move on to a better full time job in a surrounding town? This has fail all over it, I am sorry but with these officers making their mistakes in Lyons is just opening up the flood gates to lawsuit after lawsuit and what benefit would Lyons have putting all the time into someone for them to just pack up and leave. Believe it or not, officers in Lyons are or were proud to serve Lyons residents, without all the political garbage that hangs over the town. Writing tickets is a valid answer with attempting to generate revenue for the town, but then you must watch out for the pimpy ticket writing just to try and stay in the good graces of management, and keep money flowing. People dont realize that a police department is going to have the highest budget along with overtime, it runs 24/7 365 and depending on what cases you have you need to go to court so you can make sure the village gets the money from all the tickets you wrote, but this can also be overtime for the officer, so it is not just cut and dry.$11.00 an hour to work as a police officer seems very low, especially with the nights, holidays, danger, McDonalds pays $11.00 hour and i'm sorry, you pay officers $11.00 hr and that is exactly what you will get is $11.00 employees and the Village of Lyons will continue to run amuck. I think the State of Illinois should come in and take over the Village at least until new management takes over and makes Lyons the blue collar town it once was, instead of the gang banger colors it is becoming due to the poor leadership.
Not in Lyons

Chicago, IL

#8572 Aug 3, 2014
" This has fail all over it, I am sorry but with these officers making their mistakes in Lyons is just opening up the flood gates to lawsuit after lawsuit and what benefit would Lyons have putting all the time into someone for them to just pack up and leave. Believe it or not, officers in Lyons are or were proud to serve Lyons residents, without all the political garbage that hangs over the town."

My point exactly. This was sarcastically aimed at some of these posters. Was a County, Suburban, and now retired City Police Officer with over 35 years LE experience. These layoffs will have far reaching effects down the line for the village.
Not in Lyons

Chicago, IL

#8574 Aug 3, 2014
I am opposed to these towns that are having their "budget crisis'" and want the state or county to police their towns. Because of their fiscal mismanagement ,or political agendas, the bill should not be born by other state or county residents. Ether they should keep the same politicians in office and bare the brunt of no, or inadequate public safety, or vote in those that will take public safety in their village seriously.

Police and Fire are paid well for what they are expected or may have to do. Ideally if you knew what day some crime, fire, or medical emergency would happen, you would have them come to work that day. Doesn't work that way, and you are right, fire and police are the largest line item in any municipal budget.

I was pointing out in a prior post the folly of some of the suggestions such as "hire all pt officers," "they are paid too much," or "we had too many."
WTF

Chicago, IL

#8575 Aug 4, 2014
LYONITE

Forest Park, IL

#8576 Aug 12, 2014
WTF wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/ news/local/breaking/chi-lyons- cop-police-extortion-20140804- story.html
Sad..........
Lyons Gramma

Forest Park, IL

#8577 Aug 30, 2014
Can someone tell me what the Lyons Retirees do at their twice monthly meetings?
Machiavellianism

United States

#8578 Sep 16, 2014
"Machiavellian!!"
Stupid is as Stupid does

Chicago, IL

#8579 Oct 2, 2014
seven zero eight two nine nine zero six ??
green jeep 1pm
tinted windows?! nice
brookfield?
countryside?

Since: Oct 14

Forest Park, IL

#8580 Oct 5, 2014
Hi, new member here.

Who are all of you voting for governor? I'm voting for Chad Grimm, as Rauner and Quinn will both be terrible for the state. Republicans and Democrats have dug this state and country into a hole and they will only continue to do so. It's time for a REAL change and actual progression towards freedom, which is exactly what made this country so great.
Btw, is there really section 8 housing in lyons? Who the hell allowed that? Is it those buildings by where Pershing/Ogden intersect?

Are you guys voting yes or no on the sales tax referendum? I'm voting no, as more tax revenue isn't going to solve anything when we have the town wasting tax payers' money on stuff that doesn't even make sense (eg. recent land/home acquisitions). I hope you guys feel the same.
Now What

Westchester, IL

#8581 Oct 10, 2014
Stupid is as Stupid does wrote:
seven zero eight two nine nine zero six ??
green jeep 1pm
tinted windows?! nice
brookfield?
countryside?
Too many numbers for an Illinois Plate
LYONITE

Forest Park, IL

#8582 Oct 12, 2014
God help us if either Q or R gets in. It's a crime when a taxpayer and registered voter have no choice, same goes for the Village of Lyons election..........we're all doomed..........not to mention the federal elections..........worse!!! I'm not voting for anyone who is presently in office, kick them all out, fourth graders have more sense.
Kumbaya

Chicago, IL

#8584 Dec 13, 2014
LYONITE wrote:
God help us if either Q or R gets in. It's a crime when a taxpayer and registered voter have no choice, same goes for the Village of Lyons election..........we're all doomed..........not to mention the federal elections..........worse!!! I'm not voting for anyone who is presently in office, kick them all out, fourth graders have more sense.
AGREE!
Bartering

Chicago, IL

#8585 Dec 13, 2014
Lyons Gramma wrote:
Can someone tell me what the Lyons Retirees do at their twice monthly meetings?
Conversion!
Umm

Chicago, IL

#8586 Dec 13, 2014
Now What wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many numbers for an Illinois Plate
..........Hmm?
LIEyons

Chicago, IL

#8587 Dec 13, 2014
[QUOTE who= what"]<quoted text>
Too many numbers for an Illinois Plate[/QUOTE]
Sassy.......
Justice1313

United States

#8588 Dec 17, 2014
Question about Dan Babich wrote:
What would Dan's motive have been to kill his mom and dad? Can't imagine he would have murdered them for guns, or custody? help me understand
<quoted text>
*** UPDATE / The A - Z of WHO and WHY TWO HELPLESS, DEFENSELESS, SENIORS: Walter Babich Sr. and his wife, Dorothy had been "SLAUGHTERED" by ONE of THEIR OWN! The 2nd link to the audio-file archive of 12-4-2014 by " The American Underground Network" / www.aunetwork.tv with Mr. Fred Smart, Host / Mr. Steve Harris, Founder and the AUN Team along with Mr. Douglas Millar, the CEO of " Unite For Justice" and his Team: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-48335/TS-92... * The TV interview, about the Babich DOUBLE MURDERS will take place in Illinois ON OR ABOUT 1-7-2015. NO ONE can escape the PUNISHMENT for THEIR PART in this COVER-UP by the McCook, Ill. PD and the Lyons, Ill. PD. The AUTHORITIES will be knocking on the doors of these CRIMINALS.* One man in the Ill. Atty. General's Office told me " The wheels of JUSTICE turn SLOWLY, but then DO turn. " * The 1st link will be of GREAT interest: http:recordings.talkshoe.com/T C-48335/TS-915624.mp3 * PEOPLE across the COUNTRY are MARCHING because we ALL have had enough of NO JUSTICE for the MANY.
Justice1313

United States

#8589 Dec 17, 2014
ERROR in the last listed link. It should be: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-48335/TS-91...
Kumbaya

Chicago, IL

#8590 Dec 17, 2014
If you're sure that is the truth then your truth is the truth. No matter how anyone tries to change the truth, it will eventually unfold itself. It may take awhile but it will come in its own time.
If you're right and you know it, speak your mind even if you are a minority of one.
Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it isn't going away.
The only people who are mad at you for speaking your truth are those who are living a lie.
So keep speaking your truth until the truth prevails.
Justice1313

United States

#8591 Dec 19, 2014
Kumbaya wrote:
If you're sure that is the truth then your truth is the truth. No matter how anyone tries to change the truth, it will eventually unfold itself. It may take awhile but it will come in its own time.
If you're right and you know it, speak your mind even if you are a minority of one.
Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it isn't going away.
The only people who are mad at you for speaking your truth are those who are living a lie.
So keep speaking your truth until the truth prevails.
*** A retired FBI agent called me. He said, " When Chief Babich removed the entire gun collection from his parents home, HE ( Daniel) became the NEW owner of that collection." "Months later, your father is shot with one of the shotguns. The ONLY person who had CUSTODY, CONTROL and CARE of that same collection --- was the NEW owner, D. Babich. He MUST be the killer." The Medical Examiner stated that the call Daniel made to his sister at 9:00 AM was very telling. Daniel knew facts about the CAUSE of the death of BOTH of his parents, PRIOR to the Medical Examiner. Only the murderer would have that kind of information! The TRUTH can stand the test of time. The great love a DAUGHTER has for her PARENTS is the FORCE behind the BATTLE.
FAITH

Chicago, IL

#8593 Dec 23, 2014
They held your hand when you were small. They caught you when you fell. They are the heroes of your childhood and in your later years as well. Every time you think of them your heart still fills with pride.
Though you'll always miss your parents, just know their by your side. In joy and in sorrow, in sunshine and through the storms, rest assured cause their watching over you until the day you reunite with them once again.

The dead cannot cry out for JUSTICE. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.
Truth never damages a cause that is JUST.
Even if things didn't unfold as quickly as you expected, don't be disheartened or give up.
One who continues to be persistent in pursuit for JUSTICE for those whose voices cannot be heard, will win in the end. We need to continue to be their voice.
Until the truth prevails and JUSTICE is served!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New School Board Leaders 11 hr ABCs 10
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 12 hr GOD IS KING 1,492
Patrick "Inspiring Bodybuilder" Bruno 19 hr shawna 1
Review: Glitter Starz Inc 21 hr shelby 5
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) Sun Ken 553
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) Sun Datruthhurts 29
moody Sun A Senior 2
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE