Whutavor

United States

#8382 Mar 28, 2014
That sounds like a threat!!! Be aware, more then enough people know about all these events that took place. Everyone is on alert!! Even my friends that work at the train station. EVERYONE!! You know all these events took place, you're just embarrassed that your innercircle now knows.OH WELL, THE TRUTH ALWAYS PREVAILS!!! Btw, do you always engage in psychotic behavior when a girl blows you off!? Or was I the first!? My friend thought it was sorta like, Romeo willing to die for Juliet. I said no, more like LiL Red Ridinghood & the bad (irrational) wolf.
what

Oak Brook, IL

#8383 Apr 1, 2014
Whutavor wrote:
That sounds like a threat!!! Be aware, more then enough people know about all these events that took place. Everyone is on alert!! Even my friends that work at the train station. EVERYONE!! You know all these events took place, you're just embarrassed that your innercircle now knows.OH WELL, THE TRUTH ALWAYS PREVAILS!!! Btw, do you always engage in psychotic behavior when a girl blows you off!? Or was I the first!? My friend thought it was sorta like, Romeo willing to die for Juliet. I said no, more like LiL Red Ridinghood & the bad (irrational) wolf.
Wow! I really think you need some professional help girl. You are not dealing with a full deck!!!!!! Maybe we can talk about this next time you see me. I am sorry if you feel this way, but I really hope you get some help, and soon.
what it is

Melrose Park, IL

#8384 Apr 3, 2014
I heard old Harley Schinker is gone, due to being terminated. That is news to me, but if true, the boys in blue are much better off. Good luck guys, and good luck to you too Harley!!!!!
Void of Soul

Bloomingdale, IL

#8385 Apr 7, 2014
I`m bewildered by the spectacle of mockery and callousness shown towards the truth. It`s evident that it`s utterly deliderate to deter me from rendering and disclosing more facts(damage control). Your current deviate behavior are a deliberate defiance to the true events that took place, a deliberate departure from the facts, I guess it`s the same old tactics(method of) that were instilled in you. Futhermore, your innercircle have construed what I have noted in accordance by what their superior has addressed(fiction) but it`s comprehensible, being the boss carries a vast and significant weight. And he`s just taking preemptive action by vilifying me and also by playing the amnesia victim role and denying the accounts set forth. Also, Mr What, you can`t grasp the clear scope and depth and great degree of the events that took place because you weren`t there. Therefore, I won`t retract one word I have addressed. It`s the truth and not conjectures, propaganda, or shenanigans.
A-Bout-Time

Willowbrook, IL

#8386 Apr 8, 2014
It is true that Harley Schinker was terminated and his final day was Friday April 4th. It was rumored that Schinker wouldn't comply with the Getty's orders to follow through and terminate the remaining Police Officers citing that there would be lawsuits because of there still being labor negotiations. "The Boys in Blue" are not better off. They are now under the thumb of Village Manager and Acting Chief Sheehan who will surely do as ordered.
Void of Soul

Bloomingdale, IL

#8387 Apr 8, 2014
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I really think you need some professional help girl. You are not dealing with a full deck!!!!!! Maybe we can talk about this next time you see me. I am sorry if you feel this way, but I really hope you get some help, and soon.
My apparent memory has built me weight, apart from empirical evidence, which may be forthcoming about it`s reliability. Futhermore, you need to revive, and put more emphasis on posting more intelligent, substantial comments, and abstain from the from the same old method of posting asinine remarks. Which are utterly un -warranted, and unjustifiable, but than again, that only renders an admission of your true character.
FeelSafeNow

Willowbrook, IL

#8388 Apr 9, 2014
Do you remember when Lyons was going to let police officers go? Last Friday 4/4/2014, Lyons terminated the Police Chief Harley Schinker. Rumor has it he was let go because he would get rid of the officers. Supposedly he was worried it would result in law suits. Well yesterday 7 Police Officers received letters that they are being "furloughed" this Friday! Village Manager and former Oak Brook Chief Sheehan Acting Police Chief wasted no time dropping the axe.So, how do you feel now that 1/3 of the Police force is gone? Feel safe now?! Sad, very sad
what it is

Windsor, WI

#8389 Apr 9, 2014
FeelSafeNow wrote:
Do you remember when Lyons was going to let police officers go? Last Friday 4/4/2014, Lyons terminated the Police Chief Harley Schinker. Rumor has it he was let go because he would get rid of the officers. Supposedly he was worried it would result in law suits. Well yesterday 7 Police Officers received letters that they are being "furloughed" this Friday! Village Manager and former Oak Brook Chief Sheehan Acting Police Chief wasted no time dropping the axe.So, how do you feel now that 1/3 of the Police force is gone? Feel safe now?! Sad, very sad
It is a very sad day for those in blue. Its time to alert the media to expose this to the public, and to the residents of Lyons. Sheehan is the last person who should be associated with the police, since he is a thief who added all that money to his pension from OakBrook when he was Chief there. I'm behind the boys in blue, and hope everything works out and that this does not take place Friday.
The Great Cornholio

Hinsdale, IL

#8390 Apr 9, 2014
what it is wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a very sad day for those in blue. Its time to alert the media to expose this to the public, and to the residents of Lyons. Sheehan is the last person who should be associated with the police, since he is a thief who added all that money to his pension from OakBrook when he was Chief there. I'm behind the boys in blue, and hope everything works out and that this does not take place Friday.
The criminals are now running the asylum. I think fat daddy believes there needs to be hell toupee for sending him off to club FED. Have no fear Men in Blue...People who lie & deceive should remember it's a small world out there, with strange coincidences. What you give out, you get back, thrice-fold. Be ready for it! A Father & Son suite would be SWEET justice.
French 75

Chicago, IL

#8391 Apr 9, 2014
The Great One is wise. However, the good old days weren't all that bad. Merolas and Millbridge were landmarks. Joints like these put Lyons on the map. You can find Subway and Burger Kings all over the place. Maybe having no cops will bring back the creeps and pervs. Nah, they'd probably fear getting robbed by the gangsters that will be migrating to the town where lawlessness rules ! Sell & run while you still can my friends.
why

Windsor, WI

#8392 Apr 10, 2014
I just wonder why corruption has been allowed to run so long in Lyons? I realize corruption is everywhere, but it seems to be very very heavy here. I know politics is a dirty and crazy thing, but how many people does it take to be heard before it comes to an end? It is pointless and sad that Lyons has such great influence in both, and I really hope that it doesnt take tragic results before action is taken to create a healthy and safe environment for its residents, and those who may become future residents. This community needs to come together and take a stand once and for all, especially for the the safety of the children who reside in this community.
Voice of the Residents

Berwyn, IL

#8393 Apr 11, 2014
Perhaps Getty's little political play will bring the FBI in to investigate his administration!!!
Too late

Chicago, IL

#8394 Apr 11, 2014
Voice of the Residents wrote:
Perhaps Getty's little political play will bring the FBI in to investigate his administration!!!
The town is spiraling out of control. Laying off police officers, 7 no less, should be a last resort. They have given up on the town that just a few short years ago was moving in a positive direction. I see new businesses. Where's all the money going ? These officers and more will move on to better places that lack corruption. Now that they've actually laid off police officers, what person in their right mind would ever want to work there ? It's all down hill from here folks.
Too late

Chicago, IL

#8395 Apr 11, 2014
Oh, and calling Lyons "Little Cicero" is an insult to the Town of Cicero.
Crime Friendly Town

Chicago, IL

#8396 Apr 11, 2014
What happens now when we need the police in Lyons ? Who comes when we call for help ? Why won't the mayor or police chief return phone calls about this ? What's going on ???
O Brother

Windsor, WI

#8397 Apr 11, 2014
I hear Schinker didnt retire, he was fired for not wanting to get rid of those officers. But the crazy thing is that Schinker was bought out just to keep his mouth shut and they agreed to call it retirement. Typical corruption for this little town. I cannot wait for the day that the Feds come knocking on Lyons door
March

Lyons, IL

#8398 Apr 12, 2014
Time for the citizens of Lyons to come together for a protest march. Call all the news medias and let them know time and place. And get out the poster boards to make signs. Remember back in the day Ken Getty used to do protest marches during Tomelison's reign. So it would be fitting to have a protest march against Chris Getty for laying off our police dept.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#8399 Apr 12, 2014
Just wondering how happy those who voted to repeal term limits are now...funny how thisdidn't happen until after the ote.
Calling All Cars

Chicago, IL

#8400 Apr 12, 2014
Have any of our representatives from the Township or Cook County Boards taken a position or given their opinion on this situation?
Lyons Roar

United States

#8401 Apr 12, 2014
March wrote:
Time for the citizens of Lyons to come together for a protest march. Call all the news medias and let them know time and place. And get out the poster boards to make signs. Remember back in the day Ken Getty used to do protest marches during Tomelison's reign. So it would be fitting to have a protest march against Chris Getty for laying off our police dept.
Signs are in the works. The FIRST protest will be at the Village Hall, next Wed. April 16, 7PM. If the Village Board Meeting just coincidentally gets cancelled, Rally & Town Hall Meeting on the steps. Press has been invited.See you there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) 49 min People 895
Ten Cook County Residents Die Shoveling Snow: M... 1 hr kae-Butterfly-24 1
Campaign boss text message likens Breuder to Hi... 21 hr Glen Ellyn Resident 1
what's the deal with this place? Fri markymark44 1
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Fri Kumbaya 1,432
Chicago ridge streets. Thu YUK 9
Whatever Happened To.. (Sep '08) Thu harlogril crew 20
Westchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future