Since: May 13

Chicago, IL

#7635 May 25, 2013
Ggeeezzz this thing is Sensitive sorry about the reposting
Town Eyes

Westchester, IL

#7636 May 27, 2013
I see the Village of Lyons has a "facebook" page now.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7637 May 28, 2013
Town Eyes wrote:
I see the Village of Lyons has a "facebook" page now.
I has been around for about a year - just need to get more people to join and share information. We also have a blog - let me rephrase that - Chris Getty also has a blog, but no one else can post on it, just him and our $36,000/yr "publicist". But, then, when you control the content it is simply an "I love me" page.
TRUTH

Forest Park, IL

#7638 May 29, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
I has been around for about a year - just need to get more people to join and share information. We also have a blog - let me rephrase that - Chris Getty also has a blog, but no one else can post on it, just him and our $36,000/yr "publicist". But, then, when you control the content it is simply an "I love me" page.
Like the DesPlaines Valley Newspaper since the new owners took over!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7639 Jun 4, 2013
Went to the "Parks and Recreation" Village web site - glad to see they take their cue from the Village. Nothing but outdated information - oh, yeah, the Winter Program Guide is available! And, I must ask why is the video of "State of the Village" on the P&R web site?
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7640 Jun 5, 2013
Does anyone know where our "community garden" is supposed to be? Nothing on the village web site; nothing in Parks and Recreation; just an blurb in the the DesPlaines Valley Phews asking for donations...
jojo

Chicago, IL

#7641 Jun 16, 2013
WTH wrote:
Does anyone know where our "community garden" is supposed to be? Nothing on the village web site; nothing in Parks and Recreation; just an blurb in the the DesPlaines Valley Phews asking for donations...
Happy father's day!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7642 Jun 20, 2013
If you haven't had enough of Getty's BS, then you should be happy to see he replaced a trustee who resigned with someone who has lived here for just over a year. Oh, I forgot, it's his brother-in-law, that makes it OK.
Tired

La Grange Park, IL

#7644 Jun 20, 2013
Taxpayers United wrote:
2013 budget is supposed to be available for inspection at the Village Hall today.
Electronic copies of the VOL 2011 CAFR (audit in layperson terms) can be obtained via FOIA from the Illinois Comptroller; turnaround time is less than 48 hours.
Why would you bother the comptroller with a FOIA request when the entire 2011 Annual Financial Report is IMMEDIATELY available on the Village web site as well as the County Treasurer and even the State Comptroller's local government web page? I guess an ignorant person cannot see transparency!!!!!
Really

United States

#7645 Jun 20, 2013
WTH wrote:
If you haven't had enough of Getty's BS, then you should be happy to see he replaced a trustee who resigned with someone who has lived here for just over a year. Oh, I forgot, it's his brother-in-law, that makes it OK.
Why am I not surprised, if I didn't believe in God I never would have blown him off!
Really

United States

#7646 Jun 20, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you bother the comptroller with a FOIA request when the entire 2011 Annual Financial Report is IMMEDIATELY available on the Village web site as well as the County Treasurer and even the State Comptroller's local government web page? I guess an ignorant person cannot see transparency!!!!!
Transparency score Visk=36 Getty=16 dah!
Really

United States

#7647 Jun 20, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Why am I not surprised, if I didn't believe in God I never would have blown him off!
Just kidding he is a nice young man.... when he isn't taking orders from the big guy
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7648 Jun 21, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I am wrong, there is a difference between a "financial report" and and "audit". The audit is done to see if the financial report is accurate and truthful. With Getty's history of hiding facts and information, the audit is the important document. Ans as for ignorant people, how ignorant is someone who can't see that is only because the state took an interest in our village's lack of transparency that things are suddenly appearing on our web site? Do you think Getty is posting this information because he wants taxpayers to know what he is doing?
Tired

La Grange Park, IL

#7649 Jun 21, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I am wrong, there is a difference between a "financial report" and and "audit". The audit is done to see if the financial report is accurate and truthful. With Getty's history of hiding facts and information, the audit is the important document. Ans as for ignorant people, how ignorant is someone who can't see that is only because the state took an interest in our village's lack of transparency that things are suddenly appearing on our web site? Do you think Getty is posting this information because he wants taxpayers to know what he is doing?
1. The financial report includes the audit.

2. It was not the state that caused the delay, the previous folks did not do the audit. And the 2009 audit was riddled with errors. So you want to fault Getty for the previous administration's mistakes and failure to perform?

Go check out the web site, full up to date disclosure. Next gripe.
Anthony

United States

#7650 Jun 21, 2013
This forum sucks without she back!!!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7651 Jun 22, 2013
I suppose you all received you "Summer Program Guide" for parks and recreation. Nice to see what $250,000 gets us, other than Getty's name in the guide 10 times. The program covers May through September - glad we got it 3/4 way through June. And a full page announcing the car show - wait, wasn't that last week? Then we have "Lyons Little-Ones" - basically just meet at the playground (this needs to be organized?) and listed twice (have to pad the listing somehow). Of course you can send your kids to summer camp - if you can afford the $150 -$300 fee. So there are eight programs that are of no use as the start dates have already passed. If you add up all of the programs actually run by the P&R staff that totals up to a whopping six programs - everything else is run by outsiders or private companies. And for this we need 4 full-time employees (per the 2012 budget)? How do I get this job?
Wrong

Chicago, IL

#7652 Jun 22, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Transparency score Visk=36 Getty=16 dah!
According to the Policy Institute of ILL it went from 34 to 9.4%, and is C.G the Joe Berrios of Lyons hiring only family and friends.
Wrong

Chicago, IL

#7653 Jun 22, 2013
WTH wrote:
I suppose you all received you "Summer Program Guide" for parks and recreation. Nice to see what $250,000 gets us, other than Getty's name in the guide 10 times. The program covers May through September - glad we got it 3/4 way through June. And a full page announcing the car show - wait, wmasn't that last week? Then we have "Lyons Little-Ones" - basically just meet at the playground (this needs to be organized?) and listed twice (have to pad the listing somehow). Of course you can send your kids to summer camp - if you can afford the $150 -$300 fee. So there are eight programs that are of no use as the start dates have already passed. If you add up all of the programs actually run by the P&R staff that totals up to a whopping six programs - everything else is run by outsiders or private companies. And for this we need 4 full-time employees (per the 2012 budget)? How dowget this job?
Well if your well off you don't have to kiss no one's ass people who do are either weak or opportunists.No one is above the law if that was the case you wouldn't see so many politicians going to jail.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7654 Jun 23, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because that way I got a copy the day after they were handed out to Trustees June 4th...also that way I KNOW that the document I am inspecting is the same in all respects as that the State has.

Before May 20th, the VOL didn't even have it's 2010 CAFR posted on the CC Treasurer's update (Look at the upload dates). Now please explain WHY the VOL administration - Finance Director, Village Manager, Clerk/Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer, other elected official - didn't announce that these docs were available online at either Board meeting in June?

BTW, the electronic AFR on the Comptroller's site is NOT by any means the same as the audit. Look & learn.
Taxpayers United

United States

#7655 Jun 23, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The financial report includes the audit.
2. It was not the state that caused the delay, the previous folks did not do the audit. And the 2009 audit was riddled with errors. So you want to fault Getty for the previous administration's mistakes and failure to perform?
Go check out the web site, full up to date disclosure. Next gripe.
Where's the 2011 Treasurer's Report and the proposed 2013 Budget?
posted 7:43 AM Sunday June 23rd.

As to point 2, audits typically take not more than 3 months after the books are closed to complete: hence the due date of 6/28/2013 for the VOL 2012 audit.(Many munis have already posted their 2012 audits on the CC Treasurer's site.) So why did it take until January 2013 for OUR Finance folks to complete the 2010 audit - approximately 19 months beyond the (state determined) due date? I seem to recollect the Comptroller's office threatening last fall to send in THEIR accounting guys if VOL didn't "get'erdone" by a certain date, as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 2 hr Resident 1,490
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 3 hr Ken 553
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) 4 hr Datruthhurts 29
moody 9 hr A Senior 2
Cant believe there are morons who still paid o... 10 hr mike_b 1
Moody's Big Red Fire Truck (Aug '13) 11 hr No free lunch 28
Edward Moody (Mar '14) 23 hr Mark S 11
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE