WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Funny how people who are Getty supporters are always urging us to call the hall with our problems. So I call three times and send them a message through the village web site. Think I would get a response? Nope - apparently I didn't have a Getty sign in my yard.
why

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

WTH wrote:
What happened to the "Dollar Store" that was supposed to go into the old Walgreen's? Somebody ask for too large a "contribution"?
Also, did the village get any responses on its "invitation to bid" on the property west of Culver's?
I only ask as there is no way to get information from the village - try asking - no one knows anything, except the guy in charge, Ken - oops, I. mean Chris.
I can't believe that the man who stoled from the people of this village is the one running it while his son spends 98% somewhere else. Can someone explain how that happennd it's like when everyone couldn't believe that Larry Dominickwon in Cicero.
rara

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Magic Mike wrote:
I am pretty sure that VIP candidate George Cokinis and I worked/danced together at a strip club...but he used to go by a different name back then.
Really? Which club? In illinois?

Since: May 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Magic Mike wrote:
I am pretty sure that VIP candidate George Cokinis and I worked/danced together at a strip club...but he used to go by a different name back then.
Really? What club? In illinois?

Since: May 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Ggeeezzz this thing is Sensitive sorry about the reposting
Town Eyes

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

I see the Village of Lyons has a "facebook" page now.
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Town Eyes wrote:
I see the Village of Lyons has a "facebook" page now.
I has been around for about a year - just need to get more people to join and share information. We also have a blog - let me rephrase that - Chris Getty also has a blog, but no one else can post on it, just him and our $36,000/yr "publicist". But, then, when you control the content it is simply an "I love me" page.
TRUTH

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
I has been around for about a year - just need to get more people to join and share information. We also have a blog - let me rephrase that - Chris Getty also has a blog, but no one else can post on it, just him and our $36,000/yr "publicist". But, then, when you control the content it is simply an "I love me" page.
Like the DesPlaines Valley Newspaper since the new owners took over!
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Went to the "Parks and Recreation" Village web site - glad to see they take their cue from the Village. Nothing but outdated information - oh, yeah, the Winter Program Guide is available! And, I must ask why is the video of "State of the Village" on the P&R web site?
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

Does anyone know where our "community garden" is supposed to be? Nothing on the village web site; nothing in Parks and Recreation; just an blurb in the the DesPlaines Valley Phews asking for donations...
jojo

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

WTH wrote:
Does anyone know where our "community garden" is supposed to be? Nothing on the village web site; nothing in Parks and Recreation; just an blurb in the the DesPlaines Valley Phews asking for donations...
Happy father's day!
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

If you haven't had enough of Getty's BS, then you should be happy to see he replaced a trustee who resigned with someone who has lived here for just over a year. Oh, I forgot, it's his brother-in-law, that makes it OK.
Tired

La Grange Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Taxpayers United wrote:
2013 budget is supposed to be available for inspection at the Village Hall today.
Electronic copies of the VOL 2011 CAFR (audit in layperson terms) can be obtained via FOIA from the Illinois Comptroller; turnaround time is less than 48 hours.
Why would you bother the comptroller with a FOIA request when the entire 2011 Annual Financial Report is IMMEDIATELY available on the Village web site as well as the County Treasurer and even the State Comptroller's local government web page? I guess an ignorant person cannot see transparency!!!!!
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

WTH wrote:
If you haven't had enough of Getty's BS, then you should be happy to see he replaced a trustee who resigned with someone who has lived here for just over a year. Oh, I forgot, it's his brother-in-law, that makes it OK.
Why am I not surprised, if I didn't believe in God I never would have blown him off!
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you bother the comptroller with a FOIA request when the entire 2011 Annual Financial Report is IMMEDIATELY available on the Village web site as well as the County Treasurer and even the State Comptroller's local government web page? I guess an ignorant person cannot see transparency!!!!!
Transparency score Visk=36 Getty=16 dah!
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>Why am I not surprised, if I didn't believe in God I never would have blown him off!
Just kidding he is a nice young man.... when he isn't taking orders from the big guy
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I am wrong, there is a difference between a "financial report" and and "audit". The audit is done to see if the financial report is accurate and truthful. With Getty's history of hiding facts and information, the audit is the important document. Ans as for ignorant people, how ignorant is someone who can't see that is only because the state took an interest in our village's lack of transparency that things are suddenly appearing on our web site? Do you think Getty is posting this information because he wants taxpayers to know what he is doing?
Tired

La Grange Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I am wrong, there is a difference between a "financial report" and and "audit". The audit is done to see if the financial report is accurate and truthful. With Getty's history of hiding facts and information, the audit is the important document. Ans as for ignorant people, how ignorant is someone who can't see that is only because the state took an interest in our village's lack of transparency that things are suddenly appearing on our web site? Do you think Getty is posting this information because he wants taxpayers to know what he is doing?
1. The financial report includes the audit.

2. It was not the state that caused the delay, the previous folks did not do the audit. And the 2009 audit was riddled with errors. So you want to fault Getty for the previous administration's mistakes and failure to perform?

Go check out the web site, full up to date disclosure. Next gripe.
Anthony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

This forum sucks without she back!!!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

I suppose you all received you "Summer Program Guide" for parks and recreation. Nice to see what $250,000 gets us, other than Getty's name in the guide 10 times. The program covers May through September - glad we got it 3/4 way through June. And a full page announcing the car show - wait, wasn't that last week? Then we have "Lyons Little-Ones" - basically just meet at the playground (this needs to be organized?) and listed twice (have to pad the listing somehow). Of course you can send your kids to summer camp - if you can afford the $150 -$300 fee. So there are eight programs that are of no use as the start dates have already passed. If you add up all of the programs actually run by the P&R staff that totals up to a whopping six programs - everything else is run by outsiders or private companies. And for this we need 4 full-time employees (per the 2012 budget)? How do I get this job?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone remember the Harvey Weinstein murder? 1963 (Feb '12) 33 min Neighbor 9
hillside hurricanes football 42 min The Nixon Family 42
sex offenders in river grove 2 hr Low-end 2
Looking for John from John's Automotive 2 hr old customer 1
Michelles pizza (Aug '13) 5 hr PIZZA LOVER 43
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Call Sperm 2014 49,274
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 5 hr fake 1,185

Search the Westchester Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••