Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

#7073 Mar 28, 2013
last night viewed wrote:
<quoted text>
You were promoting the VIP Party. Why else would you be pointing out the faults of the Finance Director for the Village of Lyons.
Why aren't the minutes from 2013 School District 103 posted?
Need to see if public comments are in the minutes.
What's not appropriate is to know this information and keep it from
the public.
last night viewed: you are right, it is not appropriate to know information and keep it from the public.

Thus, another "NUGGET" from The Goldenrod - March 2013!!!!

* Chris Getty has taken 11 MILLION dollars worth of "private debt certificates" since he took office. What are these certificates, who do we owe the money to and where do they show up on our Village balance sheets?(What does Chris Getty's administration have to hide?)

CALLING ALL VILLAGE INDEPENDENT PARTY CANDIDATES, WISNESKI*MENDLIK*GATZ*GRAUNKE* JOHNSON - Your April 10th, "TO DO LIST" KEEPS GROWING AND GROWING!!!!!!

I have bad news, I have just been informed that the Recent Painting that was hung in the Village Hall and unveiled at the "Getty Event" disguised as the State of the Village of Lyons Address, is not a "Priceless Picasso".
But then we already, deep down in our Heart of Hearts, knew that, didn't we????? How did we know that, without a Certified Appraisal you ask???? Elementary my Dear Friends, if it was a "Priceless Picasso" it would NEVER HAVE MADE THE VILLAGE HALL UNVEILING!!
Are we STILL FEELING GOOD??????
Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

#7074 Mar 28, 2013
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? I say that this women feels scared already and you want her name and address to be posted on a public blog. You want to go back to her house and scare her some more. You people are so wrong for this town.
Watching: No, No, No, Knucklehead, the Woman above, while a figment of your imagination, does actually exist, in multiple places throughout our Fair Village, and you are confused, as to who and whom is doing the Bullying and Intimidating, it is not VIP or their Supporters, it is you ignorant "POLITICS IS A BLOOD SPORT HAS NO RULES" UCP Henchmen, sent out to desegrate the Landscape by "Farmer Ken" and "Green Jeans Chris". Yes sir, it is you, and the contingent of "UCP Knuckleheads" that are so wrong for this town!!!

* Chris Getty hired an out of town company to clean graffiti from garages for $275.00 a garage. they can do 2 garages an hour which equals $550.00 an hour. The same cleaning was done by the Neighborhood Watch in Lyons and the Cook County Sheriffs Police Graffiti Blaster Unit for FREE. The same company also gave Chris Getty a campaign contribution of $500.00 (How much do you make an hour?)

"Farmer Ken" and "Green Jeans Chris" this guy is a CHEAPSKATE, he should be Persona-Non-Grata on the "FARM"!!!! You did not even get TWO GARAGES WORTH!!!!
Peace

Chicago, IL

#7075 Mar 28, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>last night viewed: you are right, it is not appropriate to know information and keep it from the public.
* Chris Getty has taken 11 MILLION dollars worth of "private debt certificates" since he took office. What are these certificates, who do we owe the money to and where do they show up on our Village balance sheets?(What does Chris Getty's administration have to hide?)
CALLING ALL VILLAGE INDEPENDENT PARTY CANDIDATES, WISNESKI*MENDLIK*GATZ*GRAUNKE* JOHNSON - Your April 10th, "TO DO LIST" KEEPS GROWING AND GROWING!!!!!!
I have bad news, I have just been informed that the Recent Painting that was hung in the Village Hall and unveiled at the "Getty Event" disguised as the State of the Village of Lyons Address, is not a "Priceless Picasso".
But then we already, deep down in our Heart of Hearts, knew that, didn't we????? How did we know that, without a Certified Appraisal you ask???? Elementary my Dear Friends, if it was a "Priceless Picasso" it would NEVER HAVE MADE THE VILLAGE HALL UNVEILING!!
Are we STILL FEELING GOOD??????
ok sweetheart we get the picture, Im here dying and your still babbling, please just go to bed,for crying out loud
Peace

Chicago, IL

#7076 Mar 28, 2013
You must be on a drunken tirade. Is this P.K?
Basket

Forest Park, IL

#7077 Mar 28, 2013
Q: Why was the Easter Bunny arrested?
A: He was charged with Hare-assment!

Basket

Forest Park, IL

#7078 Mar 28, 2013
Q: What do you call a line of rabbits walking backwards?
A: A receding “hareline”.
She back

United States

#7079 Mar 28, 2013
Any truth to the rumor that Kyle's been telling residents with VIP signs up in their yards that if UCP is re-elected they intend to throw Harley under the bus and replace him?

And I remember who introduced Kyle and our administrator to the Village Board: Ringmaster Getty himself! The Trustees, regardless of party affiliation, publicly had nothing to do with those selections except to bobble their heads in agreement.
THE VIP DECEPTION

Forest Park, IL

#7080 Mar 28, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Just a Worker.
Finally we have a UCP Knucklehead speaking the truth!!! It was not a State of the Village Speech, it was a "GETTY EVENT"!!!!
Another Nugget from The Goldenrod - March 2013!!!
* Chris Getty approved FREE health insurance for all of the current trustees and created a $36,000 dollar salary for the village clerk.(Most Villages do not do this. Do you get FREE health insurance?)
Hey EVERYONE!!!! Did you see the PICTURE!!!!! ARE WE ALL "FEELING GOOD" YET??????????
LIES, LIES, and More LIES! First off, I got that little VIP flyer yesterday after getting home from work. I waited a day before posting because I wanted to see the reaction on this forum. Wow, you people are gullible or really stupid. How come it is that, you VIP Supporters believe every little thing thrown at Chris and the UCP? Don't you realize VIP is using the same political terror that MVP used? Trying to scare you citizens in voting for them? They have a low class poor approach.

Error number one, On the very top of the list, they claim UCP voted to give the village officials a yearly pay raise. How stupid are you idiots that support VIP to not realize Patty and Patty are on the board and voted for the same thing! Then they say the VIP believes the salaries are proper without any pay raise. But, in the savings to Tax Payer it is BLANK! They don't plan on lowering the salaries at all. Instead, just deceiving the citizens so if they get in office they can keep the salaries where they are at, then probably actually give themselves a yearly raise and they will just try to blame it on Getty and the UCP.

Second Error. Number 2 on the list. They claim UCP voted to give the village officials health benefits. AGAIN, PATTY AND PATTY VOTED FOR EVERYTHING RIGHT ALONG WITH WHAT CHRIS AND THE UCP VOTED! EVERYTHING "VIP" CLAIMS THAT "UCP" VOTED FOR PATTY VOTED FOR TOO! Back to where I was going, as a government employee it is MANDATORY to HAVE HEALTH BENIFITS! It is now mandatory that every citizens themselves have health insurance. President OBAMA passed the law last year requiring this! IT'S CALLED OBAMA CARE YOU IDIOTS! LOOK IT UP, IT's MANDATORY!!

The List of ERRORS, LIES, and DECEPTION goes on and on! I have to go to work. But, will be back later to get into more. One last thing to get off my chest before I head out the door.. the VILLAGE of LYONS is NOT $42,000,000.00 in debt! We are only $25,000,000.00 in Debt! Getty was able to pay off $5,000,000.00 through his term with out the tax payers dollars! The TAXES actually are a lot lower than what they were 4 years ago! The taxes are lower mainly because the housing market dropped across the United States. But, again your taxes are lower than they were 4 years ago and have only been going down every year with Getty and the UCP!
Rakii

Forest Park, IL

#7081 Mar 28, 2013
She back wrote:
Any truth to the rumor that Kyle's been telling residents with VIP signs up in their yards that if UCP is re-elected they intend to throw Harley under the bus and replace him?
And I remember who introduced Kyle and our administrator to the Village Board: Ringmaster Getty himself! The Trustees, regardless of party affiliation, publicly had nothing to do with those selections except to bobble their heads in agreement.

If you didnt see it with your own eyes or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind & share it with your big mouth.
ConcernedCostell oMom

Chicago, IL

#7082 Mar 28, 2013
If there are any Home Room Moms or Parents that I have not talked to about calling other parents during Easter Break. Email me your information, child's name and grade: SaveOur103Kids@aol.com
Thank You for Your Support!-Mary
She back

United States

#7083 Mar 28, 2013
Okay Deception, substantiate your $25M figure for VOL debt with your source material.

Because using numbers provided by VOL on pages 58 & 63 of the 2010 Audit (easy to check since it is posted on the VOL website), here is how it breaks down:

Total Principle & Interest payments due from 2013 until debt retired in 2028 (P&I for FYs 2011 & 2012 have been substracted)=$34,088,702

Unfunded Actuarial Liabilities Police & Firefighter Pension Funds (which is debt owed)=$9,688,842

Total money that must be paid back, otherwise known as indebtedness =$43,777,544

Any questions???
Be Honest

La Grange Park, IL

#7084 Mar 28, 2013
She back wrote:
Okay Deception, substantiate your $25M figure for VOL debt with your source material.
Because using numbers provided by VOL on pages 58 & 63 of the 2010 Audit (easy to check since it is posted on the VOL website), here is how it breaks down:
Total Principle & Interest payments due from 2013 until debt retired in 2028 (P&I for FYs 2011 & 2012 have been substracted)=$34,088,702
Unfunded Actuarial Liabilities Police & Firefighter Pension Funds (which is debt owed)=$9,688,842
Total money that must be paid back, otherwise known as indebtedness =$43,777,544
Any questions???
Yes, when did future interest become a current debt? And while Maria Pappas calls "Unfunded Pension Liabilities" as "debt", the accounting world does not agree with her.

To be precise, the Village's actual debt (bonds, installment contracts, and loans) at the end of 2010 are as follows (using page numbers at the bottom of the audit, have no clue where "She Back" got her amounts):

Tax supported debt (page 46)$12,973,416
TIF Debt (page 47) 13,887,686
Business Debt (page 48) 960,437
Line of credit (page 43) 500,000
Fund deficit (page 36) 264,685
Total debt $28,586,224

These amounts are $1.7 million lower that 2009 after the borrowing spree by Chris's predecessors increased dobt to over $30 million. Chris said that this amount has been paid down to $25 million at the end of 2012. This seems consistent with the budget.

And weren't you on the pension board when the liabilities skyrocketed?

But as Chris said at the State of the City, he could blame others for this mess. Instead, he is paying down debt and strengthening the finances. He has taken action; you hide behind She Back.
Butterfly

Dubuque, IA

#7085 Mar 28, 2013
THE VIP DECEPTION wrote:
<quoted text>
LIES, LIES, and More LIES! First off, I got that little VIP flyer yesterday after getting home from work. I waited a day before posting because I wanted to see the reaction on this forum. Wow, you people are gullible or really stupid. How come it is that, you VIP Supporters believe every little thing thrown at Chris and the UCP? Don't you realize VIP is using the same political terror that MVP used? Trying to scare you citizens in voting for them? They have a low class poor approach.
Error number one, On the very top of the list, they claim UCP voted to give the village officials a yearly pay raise. How stupid are you idiots that support VIP to not realize Patty and Patty are on the board and voted for the same thing! Then they say the VIP believes the salaries are proper without any pay raise. But, in the savings to Tax Payer it is BLANK! They don't plan on lowering the salaries at all. Instead, just deceiving the citizens so if they get in office they can keep the salaries where they are at, then probably actually give themselves a yearly raise and they will just try to blame it on Getty and the UCP.
Second Error. Number 2 on the list. They claim UCP voted to give the village officials health benefits. AGAIN, PATTY AND PATTY VOTED FOR EVERYTHING RIGHT ALONG WITH WHAT CHRIS AND THE UCP VOTED! EVERYTHING "VIP" CLAIMS THAT "UCP" VOTED FOR PATTY VOTED FOR TOO! Back to where I was going, as a government employee it is MANDATORY to HAVE HEALTH BENIFITS! It is now mandatory that every citizens themselves have health insurance. President OBAMA passed the law last year requiring this! IT'S CALLED OBAMA CARE YOU IDIOTS! LOOK IT UP, IT's MANDATORY!!
The List of ERRORS, LIES, and DECEPTION goes on and on! I have to go to work. But, will be back later to get into more. One last thing to get off my chest before I head out the door.. the VILLAGE of LYONS is NOT $42,000,000.00 in debt! We are only $25,000,000.00 in Debt! Getty was able to pay off $5,000,000.00 through his term with out the tax payers dollars! The TAXES actually are a lot lower than what they were 4 years ago! The taxes are lower mainly because the housing market dropped across the United States. But, again your taxes are lower than they were 4 years ago and have only been going down every year with Getty and the UCP!
Bulls--t are tax bill has increased by four thousand in the past five years. We were going to buy another apt building here in lyons but we didn't because the property taxes are to high.
Francine

Forest Park, IL

#7086 Mar 28, 2013
Butterfly wrote:
<quoted text>Bulls--t are tax bill has increased by four thousand in the past five years. We were going to buy another apt building here in lyons but we didn't because the property taxes are to high.
The very exact thing happened to us back in 1978...so what
seems to be the problem? Yes, 1978...before the Mayor was a twinkle
in in parents eyes.

Now we can't possibly blame him, can we ?
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#7087 Mar 28, 2013
LPH wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. I'm not part of any political system or one of the village officials... I'm just concerned citizen who was also screaming for change in the video! I think your trying to pull off some reverse psychology on people here by flip flopping "saying you were all for UCP but, now your completely against them and support VIP". Look, there is no way you ever were for UCP, because no matter what VIP is not the way to go. The VIP Party is made up of Liars, Malicious Attackers, Smokers, Drinkers, and Federal Fraud Artists that are Related to Child Sex Abusers. The party is made up of all "Puppets" who will be taking orders from someone behind the scenes. You are being deceived. Your being brainwashed. Your being nieve and ignorant to the facts. There is no hope for the Village of Lyons with those vampires in office. Our village funds will land so far in debt this village will turn into a place worse than Cicero. Schools will have to close, more police officers will be fired, Business will pack up shop and leave in a heartbeat, Crime Will go up, graffiti and gangs will be everywhere, sidewalks, streets, and trees will go unkept, there will be no events for the children, and that will just begin the economical downward spiral and collapse of the village. At least UCP did what they needed tt and the Village is moving forward. The $30 million dollar debt is now less than $25 Million. In another term with UCP we will be under $20 Million and things are being accomplished! Everybody has work. The Village of Lyons is starting to bloom and grow. Why kill it by putting some new people in place? There's nothing they have to offer.
Where in the heck did this diatribe come from? I've read lots on this blog but this really takes the cake. Leave them in or else Lyons turns into Cicero? It is like Cicero with the thieves filtering our money out with an open spigot. We're in an economical downward spiral and you don't know it,$42,000,000 debt in Lyons!!!! God help us taxpayers with this group in making things worse, not to mention the $300,000 borrowed out of our water bill money and used to pay village bills. Bloom and grow? Where? First and Ogden is as vacant today as it was three years ago, thank goodness they didn't put another bank there at least. Ogden still has vacant businesses and the minimalls all have vacancies. A change to honest administration that can produce a budget every year would be refreshing!!! You mention the schools......maybe we should get one of the 8th graders to go over to Village Hall and show them how to make a budget, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, you and I do it every month.
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#7088 Mar 28, 2013
LMNO wrote:
Why is there a Getty Election sign (a big one) on the corner of 26th and Des Plaines in NORTH RIVERSIDE?
Is he running in that town, too????
I wondered the same thing about his signs on East Avenue between Ogden & Pershing in Berwyn.
WOW

Forest Park, IL

#7089 Mar 28, 2013
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? I say that this women feels scared already and you want her name and address to be posted on a public blog. You want to go back to her house and scare her some more. You people are so wrong for this town.
You must be talking about the UCP, sorry, I thought you meant us. The last thing we do is bully anyone, we're to busy trying to avoid being bullied by the UCP ourselves!!
She Back

United States

#7090 Mar 28, 2013
Be Honest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when did future interest become a current debt? And while Maria Pappas calls "Unfunded Pension Liabilities" as "debt", the accounting world does not agree with her.
To be precise, the Village's actual debt (bonds, installment contracts, and loans) at the end of 2010 are as follows (using page numbers at the bottom of the audit, have no clue where "She Back" got her amounts):
Tax supported debt (page 46)$12,973,416
TIF Debt (page 47) 13,887,686
Business Debt (page 48) 960,437
Line of credit (page 43) 500,000
Fund deficit (page 36) 264,685
Total debt $28,586,224
These amounts are $1.7 million lower that 2009 after the borrowing spree by Chris's predecessors increased dobt to over $30 million. Chris said that this amount has been paid down to $25 million at the end of 2012. This seems consistent with the budget.
And weren't you on the pension board when the liabilities skyrocketed?
But as Chris said at the State of the City, he could blame others for this mess. Instead, he is paying down debt and strengthening the finances. He has taken action; you hide behind She Back.
You are leaving out both the interest on that debt AND the UAL for the police & fire fighters pensions: does your boy intend stiffing our public safety officers on their retirements and investors of their interest (a default on interest is the same as one on a principal payment as far as investors and the financial and regulatory agencies go).

To give you some idea of the impact of those interest payments, here's the total projected payment for FY 2013 (pdf page 58):$1,388,262 (principal)+$1,291,657(interes t)=$2,679,919

"Required payment" calculated by Illinois Dept. of Insurance for just the police pension fund in 2010 (It's only gone up since unless we made the required payments each year, didn't add participants and salary increases, and the funds investments earned at least 7%):$805,640
Actual Payment Made:$201,169

Amount "deferred" to future:$604,471

Yeah, that's real fiscal responsibility. And oh, BTW, those who were around back in the 2000's when I was a Police Pension Fund Trustee will remember that I was there, each and every Village Board Meeting, informing the Board of the state of the fund and begging them to start making the required payments. ALONE. And until I opened my mouth, the Village President and Trustees didn't have a clue about what was happening...kinda like now.
URCONFUSED

Forest Park, IL

#7091 Mar 28, 2013
THE VIP DECEPTION wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, don't leave the house even if it is to go to work, you'll be arrested for drunk driving because you're either drunk, high, or retarded to make the above statements, especially the one about taxes. I just paid my taxes a month ago and let me tell you, the market value of my house went down on the bill but the taxes are up. I need some of what you're smoking so I can look through the same rose colored glasses you do.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7092 Mar 28, 2013
Did anyone attend the hearing on the asphalt plant in McCook? Anything decided?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min mahz 49,943
judges in bridgeview family court 7 hr us supporter 1
McCampBell for school board in 2015! 9 hr One 3
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Common Sense 4,037
Terry Serpico and Vito Scavo 10 hr MP shiznit 1
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westchester News, Events & Info