|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Watching wrote:
The senior that lives next to my house somehow got a vip sign in her yard. She was so upset about it. She didn't want it and was afraid to take it down because they may bully her. I took it down for her. Patty if you put it back you better stop at my house first. Stop picking on the old ladies. You should know better. If I catch you back out here I will call the police.
What's the name and address, didn't put signs ANYWHERE without permission first. The last thing we do is bully people, people are more than happy to put our signs up. If you give me the info, I'll take care of it.
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Obama was electioneering too !!!
NOW you've got the picture, finally, someone else gets it!!!! My point exactly, both of them make promises and don't keep, the only thing they keep doing besides spending is screwing the taxpayers. Neither has even bothered to pass a budget. State of the Union/Village, both electioneered not bothering to recognize the agony the taxpayers are going through. What is it going to take for people to wake up, the way you and I have, that there isn't any difference between what Obama does and Getty does, line their own pockets while we eat dog food!
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stayed away longer.
#1 TLC/MVP are to blame.#2 Agree,#3 Must be a reason,#4 Post 48 Hours,#5 Was never done/ Read Ordinance at meeting and tell what it is about.#6 Was that in an Ordinance,#7 1st meeting of the month was always a working meeting. Packets in hand and you had 2 weeks to check it all out and to vote at the next meeting,#8 Not sure how it is being done,#9 No example. No idea what you are saying
I see that the Mayor is doing just that. Streets, Trees, Working with Business people , not trying to force them out of business. Check your list once again. UCP is #10.
Doing just what? Street repair has gone on in this town for fifty plus years. Working with businesses? Yeah, forcing them to buy insurance from the family business in order to get a license. Threatening to take their house away because they put out the goldenrod flies with...God help us, the trush? Threatening their home? What a tactic! A lot of people have signs up, agreed, but they are terrified to take them down because they don't want the building guy to 'find' supposed building violations or the public works guy to strong arm them or have the police called because they spit on the sidewalk. UCP wrote the book on bullying years ago and follows it religiously.
WTH

Hillside, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Blast from the Past wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean IF, they will WIN. Just got the mail. VIP lies.
No one will ever believe all that crap. Give it up.
Well, I guess if people can belive the BS from the UCP, they can belive anything...
Blast from the Past

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you got that bona fide VIP campaign flyer.
No lies, unlike the bit last week about having a balanced budget (gotta have a budget first!) and LPH's statement that VOL's debt has been paid down to $20,000,000. But I guess UCP is counting on the part of that old adage that says "You can fool some of the people all of the time", and hoping that their agiprop and delude of signs convince the others to stay home instead of voting.
Enjoy vilifying your neighbors...sooner or later, it will catch up to you all. It's just that 4 more years of the same we had the last four years will really intensify our pain. And, btw, requiring the 2010 TIF reports be submitted prior to 2008 & 2009 was agreed upon by the Illinois Comptroller & the VOL. The book were properly closed on 2008 and 2009 when they were supposed to be, weren't they?(that would be mid 2009 and 2010, fyi.) All that should remain is compiling the completed paperwork into the required report form, right? So where is the problem?
Administrator, Kyle put in by MVP/TLC
Solved

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you got that bona fide VIP campaign flyer.
No lies, unlike the bit last week about having a balanced budget (gotta have a budget first!) and LPH's statement that VOL's debt has been paid down to $20,000,000. But I guess UCP is counting on the part of that old adage that says "You can fool some of the people all of the time", and hoping that their agiprop and delude of signs convince the others to stay home instead of voting.
Enjoy vilifying your neighbors...sooner or later, it will catch up to you all. It's just that 4 more years of the same we had the last four years will really intensify our pain. And, btw, requiring the 2010 TIF reports be submitted prior to 2008 & 2009 was agreed upon by the Illinois Comptroller & the VOL. The book were properly closed on 2008 and 2009 when they were supposed to be, weren't they?(that would be mid 2009 and 2010, fyi.) All that should remain is compiling the completed paperwork into the required report form, right? So where is the problem?
The problem is you !
LMNO

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Why is there a Getty Election sign (a big one) on the corner of 26th and Des Plaines in NORTH RIVERSIDE?
Is he running in that town, too????
Blast from the Past

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Solved wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you !
Your a Wanna B politician. Why didn't you run ?????
Basket

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Q: What do you call a bunny with a large brain?
A: An egghead .

Happy Easter !
Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Francine wrote:
The meeting was simply great!
Mayor Getty gave an informative State of Village address. He is what our town needs.
Young, energetic, intelligent and so well disciplined is the Mayor.
Not only he, but "all" the Department Heads and employees that are employed with the Village deserve kudos, something that our Mayor always acknowledges in his speeches and in his everyday dealings with the staff.
His parents can be ever so proud on his accomplishments. All the Getty children are fine young people.
Once again, we will support all the UCP candidates running for office. 4 More Years !!!!
The painting that hung in the Old Village Hall is beautifully displayed in the entrance of the new Village Hall.
Wait till you see it. It is truly magnificent !
A bit of Lyons history dating back to 1898.
Good Job Mayor Getty !!!!
Francine:Do you think if the Little League promised to let Green Jeans share their Juice Boxes and Orange Slices he might be nice to them again, and stop threatening to make life tough on them for not putting up a UCP Sign and supporting VIP????? why don't you ask that "fine young man" you are so smitten with this little question????

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You must need glasses there are whole lot more signs, and more appearing each day. While Getty signs are coming down. We all know Getty just puts the signs up on the residents property with out asking. And the businesses it's a pay to play world in Lyons under Getty, so they have to put them up. Look at his campaign finance records.
Concerned Resident: OHHH, how right you are!!!! Just ask the Little League!!!!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

30 Year Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
There was Flyers that were passed out from over 120 businesses in Lyons. I got mine from the Citgo on 47th and Lawndale. The information was in the Des Plaines Valley News.. a free newspaper to the residents of the Village of Lyons. It includes lot's of info and coverage of current local events in the Village and surrounding suburbs. It's free to subscribe. Just visit the Village Hall. You can also subscribe at the Village Hall to receive your free subscription to the news paper that let's you know when all village meetings are scheduled. You can also find out any information you need at the Village Hall. The Flyers were available there too.
30 Year Resident: Oh Yeah, let's all get excited about the DesPlaines Valley News, you claim to have been around thirty years, so you might recall this was the Newspaper (When it was a Real Newspaper!!) that "Farmer Ken" placed the ONE-DAY NOTICE SOLICITING PRE-QUALIFICATION APPLICATIONS IN, after the Village Board authorized bids to be solicited, in June of 1996, for the Renovation of the Village Hall and the construction of a new Public Works garage???? Read up on your History 30 year resident!!!! Since when have you ever seen a Political Party, such as UCP, cajoling residents into subscribing to ONE PARTICULAR PAPER, ADVERTISING THAT WE ALL SKIP ON OVER TO THE VILLAGE HALL, and SIGN UP FOR OUR ONE YEAR - FREE SUBSCRIPTION????? Don't you idiots realize their is NO FREE LUNCH WITH "Farmer Ken and Green Jeans Chris"????
CALLING ALL VILLAGE INDEPENDENT PARTY CANDIDATES - Wisneski*Mendlik*Gatz*Graunke* Johnson, One more item for your April 10th to do list!!!!!
Peace

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

I am in the emergency, just want to let everyone know life is to short to be mean, say we die today, god is not going to judge us for what we had or how much money we made but for how we were good or bad here on earth
Peace

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Everyone stop with the pride and cockyness you don't know when your time will be up

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Francine wrote:
The meeting was simply great!
Mayor Getty gave an informative State of Village address. He is what our town needs.
Young, energetic, intelligent and so well disciplined is the Mayor.
Not only he, but "all" the Department Heads and employees that are employed with the Village deserve kudos, something that our Mayor always acknowledges in his speeches and in his everyday dealings with the staff.
His parents can be ever so proud on his accomplishments. All the Getty children are fine young people.
Once again, we will support all the UCP candidates running for office. 4 More Years !!!!
The painting that hung in the Old Village Hall is beautifully displayed in the entrance of the new Village Hall.
Wait till you see it. It is truly magnificent !
A bit of Lyons history dating back to 1898.
Good Job Mayor Getty !!!!
Francine: Here is another little bit of History, this one you didn't hear "Green Jeans Chris" put down as one of ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!! BUT I AM SURE "FARMER KEN IS VERY PROUD NONE-THE-LESS!!!!
From The Goldenrod - March 2013!!!
* HIDDEN TAXES ON ALL OF OUR UTILITY BILLS HOW AND WHY?
* In 2009 Chris Getty hired Daniel Denys as Village attorney/financial advisor who then instructed Chris Getty to not raise Village of Lyons taxes on your property tax bill, but instead raised the hidden municipal taxes on ALL of our utility bills and increased our WATER bills to pay for his overspending and borrowing.(Very sneaky Christopher)
Francine, you will not find this nugget of HISTORY in the DesPlaines Valley News, or mentioned by our HERO in his STATE OF THE VILLAGE SPEECH, OR DID I MISS IT?????
Look at the PICTURE ON THE WALL, Francine, bet you are FEELING BETTER ALREADY!!!!!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
We will not forget at the voting booth ! We will vote UCP.
Parents. Heres another NUGGET, from The Goldenrod - March 2013.
* Chris Getty allowed his father to start a senior citizen group, which collects dues from its members. Twice a month they meet at the Village Hall and have a catered dinner. The problem is the food bill is showing up on the Village of Lyons warrants to be paid by the taxpayers.(Free meals are a good thing, just not on my dime!)

Parents, anything else we should not be forgetting?????

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Just a Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to be a Getty fan. Why were you at the Getty event. And where will you be when your friends do not win. You will have no one. Too bad you jumped the fence.
Just a Worker.
Finally we have a UCP Knucklehead speaking the truth!!! It was not a State of the Village Speech, it was a "GETTY EVENT"!!!!

Another Nugget from The Goldenrod - March 2013!!!

* Chris Getty approved FREE health insurance for all of the current trustees and created a $36,000 dollar salary for the village clerk.(Most Villages do not do this. Do you get FREE health insurance?)

Hey EVERYONE!!!! Did you see the PICTURE!!!!! ARE WE ALL "FEELING GOOD" YET??????????

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
so he is a bid rigger!! He violates the village and it's ok, right? He steals the water fund money and bond money and that ok, right? He spews out inaccuracies and that's ok, right? I guess I was brought up the wrong way but since wrong is right, I am right!!!!
OMG: And that's not all!!!!
Another NUGGET from The Goldenrod - March 2013!!!

* Chris Getty allowed his father Ken Getty to be appointed head of the Zoning Board. This gives him the power to deny any business that wants to come to Lyons to open up. This is bad news for all Lyons taxpayers because the businesses would have to pay into Chris Getty's campaign funds or else.(Who thought a convicted felon could be so powerful?)

CALLING ALL VILLAGE INDEPENDENT PARTY CANDIDATES!!!!!

WISNESKI*MENDLIK*GATZ*GRAUNKE* JOHNSON - You're April 10th "TO DO LIST" Just Keeps on Growing!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You must need glasses there are whole lot more signs, and more appearing each day. While Getty signs are coming down. We all know Getty just puts the signs up on the residents property with out asking. And the businesses it's a pay to play world in Lyons under Getty, so they have to put them up. Look at his campaign finance records.
Concerned Resident: OOOOHHHHH how right you are!!!!

Another NUGGET, from The Goldenrod - March 2013!!!!

* Mayor Getty has two campaign funds the United Citizens Party and Citizens for Christopher Getty that he has used for paying 1. a monthly new car lease at $750.00 a month, 2. and pays himself $1000.00 a month rent at Getty Insurance for a campaign headquarters.(Did't Jesse Jackson Jr. just get convicted of misspending campaign funds?)

How come we do not get this type of Investigative Journalism from the DesPlaines Valley News???????

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Keep an Eye Open wrote:
<quoted text>
But you support the VP for what they have done or not done.
Double standard my friend
Keep an Eye Open: Looking at some of the latest UCP Propaganda and all of their Endorsements. They have two unions endorsing them, two unions that have little or nothing to do with the Village of Lyons, other than one leases space here.
But interestingly, NO SEIU, VILLAGE PUBLIC WORKS UNION, ENDORSEMENT, WHY NOT???????
SEIU, is one of the Entities old "Farmer Ken" blames for his wrongful conviction, and thus, one of the entities he has targeted for revenge. But they are useful on weekends to chase VIP Candidates and Supporters around the Village, and to threaten and attempt to intimidate Village Residents with VIP Signs on their lawns!!!!
But after the Election, should "Farmer Ken" and "Green Jeans Chris" still control the "Farm", they will be useful in other ways. They will be dangled out to selected supporters as CONTRACT EMPLOYEES!!!!! You will not be alone though, "Farmer Ken and Green Jeans Chris" have their eyes on other PLUM PRIZES as well, such as the Library and the School Board!!!!
Yep, there is "MONEY AND CONTRACTS IN THEM THERE HILLS", and old "Kenny Boy" and "Green Jeans Chris" have GRAND PLANS TO RAID ABSCOND WITH THE CROPS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr RONE 49,249
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Max 3,906
Bad Contractor (Dec '11) 7 hr So Smart 55
Summit village manager resigns over unauthorize... 12 hr Lifelong Summit R... 1
Bdubs In Berwyn 14 hr Arthur Treacher 3
Oak Lawn's Passionate Trustee 14 hr Observer 1
How well is the Chicago Ridge Farmers Market doing 14 hr Flop 13

Search the Westchester Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••