She back

United States

#7034 Mar 26, 2013
Lyons Produces Heros wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish they had a "Just Give Up" button on here! She's Back and VIP are going nowhere, sorry but the Citizens of Lyons are United Strong and will never be defeated! The residents have cried out 4 years ago and enough is enough! You all former politicians and village officials had it too easy, abused your powers, and your game is up! This is a new age. You screwed up a long time ago.. it's time to let it go and let the younger generation move things forward! Lyons is so much more of a better place now and has a very bright future. Your dark clouds cannot cover this town in terror no more! Amen.
Hey, LPH -<G>, in case you missed the prior post on the Fox News utube video, I WAS one of those residents crying out for change 4 years ago.

And guess what, you younger political guys and wannabees seem to be screwing up in all the same ways, abusing powers, and generally not being up to (and/or willing to do) the task of governing and managing a muni corporation as the older folks did in their day. Add on to that not being able to manage meeting your statutory obligations, something the old folks were able to accomplish without KITAs being applied by state folks like the Comptroller's office.

But here's the thing: hindsight is 20/20, and what is irrefutably insuuportable NOW actually was spun - and looked - to the herds of unquestioning followers - as a good and sure thing...until time proved it wasn't. Moving forward is good if it gets you to a good place - which doesn't often happen by accident (google statistical probability). Moving forward can also take taxpayers to some not-so-fine places: see Bridgeview, for example. That sign on the rear of the UCP poster truck: Toyota Park.

Dark clouds covering this town in terror? Isn't that just a bit over the top? How about predictable and extremely possible outcomes. Bright future? Well time will tell, won't it. And if UCP is so strong and invincible, why spend so much effort suppressing perceived threats - like that flyer? You use a B52 to swat a mosquito, do you?

From what I've seen UCP has already sown the seeds of its eventual defeat...all by itself. Time will tell...
Pesky Lawsuits

Forest Park, IL

#7035 Mar 26, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like that balanced budget statement last Wednesday night (hard to balance a budget when you haven't had one in place throughout the year since 2011), not to mention throwing out balance numbers...from FY 2010.
Nope, first saw the yellow flyer after it hit the streets. But as far as being filled with untrue statements, nope, far fewer than those made about TIFs in the multipage professionally printed flyer sent to Lyons residents via US mail by Old Ken from his jail cell back a few days before the election deciding the TIF 3 GO bond public policy question. And gee, THAT also didn't state who paid for it...
Of course, no one was harrassed or threatened with lawsuits over that one. We figured it was just one of those things. Having a UCP supporter regaling voters going in the vote about that today was such a nice touch.
At least playing musical signs is much less destructive than musical dollars. Hope you all enjoy the bona fide VIP flyer coming out later in the week.

We figured ?????
Be Honest

La Grange Park, IL

#7036 Mar 26, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Add on to that not being able to manage meeting your statutory obligations, something the old folks were able to accomplish without KITAs being applied by state folks like the Comptroller's office.
The old folks who controlled the Village government until May 2011? Did their controlled puppets Roy and Shelley file the 2008 and 2009 TIF reports during their control? How can you file 2010 and 2011 if the prior years are not done? And 2009 falsely presented a $2 million surplus that now is almost a $1 million deficit.

Wow, great job. You want these people back? Nuts!!!!!
Well Well

Forest Park, IL

#7037 Mar 26, 2013
She Back: You know "Be Honest is correct".

Give it up !!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7038 Mar 26, 2013
I have held off posting for a while as things became so nasty and personal it was crazy. But, OK, if UCP wants my vote just do a few simple things:

1. Stop blaming past administrations for everything; every new administration inherits the past - you knew it when you ran.
2. Actually live your "open and transparent" pledge, spend a few dollars of our money to keep the web site current with all required information plus information that may be of interest to those of us who pay for this village.
3. Get a budget passed on time; get financial reports completed on time.
4. Post the agenda well in advance, even if it is a preliminary agenda - give us time to see if there is something of concern that we would like to voice our opinion on.
5. Make agenda documents, such as ordinances, available for review ahead of time and on-line.
6. Stop the self serving expenses such as putting you name on village vehicles; I suggest passing an ordinance that if any elected official wants hos/her name on something they have to pay for it.
7. How about the trustees actually discussing items on the agenda before simply voting "aye"?
8. When an opening exists, create a job description and requirements, post the opening and ask for applications, then hire the most qualified person - you know run it like a business.
9. Stop using excuses like "well, Visk did it, too." You promised change, so change - be the governance you promised to be.

I am sure there could be a few more, but just once, I would like a party to actually live up to its promises, stop the "blame game", embrace and empower the citizens, seek input, and conduct public business in the best interest of the public. Is that really asking too much?
WOW

Forest Park, IL

#7039 Mar 26, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that asking folks to return him to office at the state of the village meeting is defined as electioneering, right?
I guess Obama was electioneering too !!!
WOW

Forest Park, IL

#7040 Mar 26, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like that balanced budget statement last Wednesday night (hard to balance a budget when you haven't had one in place throughout the year since 2011), not to mention throwing out balance numbers...from FY 2010.
Nope, first saw the yellow flyer after it hit the streets. But as far as being filled with untrue statements, nope, far fewer than those made about TIFs in the multipage professionally printed flyer sent to Lyons residents via US mail by Old Ken from his jail cell back a few days before the election deciding the TIF 3 GO bond public policy question. And gee, THAT also didn't state who paid for it...
Of course, no one was harrassed or threatened with lawsuits over that one. We figured it was just one of those things. Having a UCP supporter regaling voters going in the vote about that today was such a nice touch.
At least playing musical signs is much less destructive than musical dollars. Hope you all enjoy the bona fide VIP flyer coming out later in the week.
Sorry your part of the Dirt and Filth. You really went to the bottom. Feel sorry for you. When election is over you will be all alone. VIP will throw you aside.
WOW

Forest Park, IL

#7041 Mar 26, 2013
WTH wrote:
I have held off posting for a while as things became so nasty and personal it was crazy. But, OK, if UCP wants my vote just do a few simple things:
1. Stop blaming past administrations for everything; every new administration inherits the past - you knew it when you ran.
2. Actually live your "open and transparent" pledge, spend a few dollars of our money to keep the web site current with all required information plus information that may be of interest to those of us who pay for this village.
4. Post the agenda well in advance, even if it is a preliminary agenda - give us time to see if there is something of concern that we would like to voice our opinion on.
5. Make agenda documents, such as ordinances, available for review ahead of time and on-line.
6. Stop the self serving expenses such as putting you name on village vehicles; I suggest passing an ordinance that if any elected official wants hos/her name on something they have to pay for it.
7. How about the trustees actually discussing items on the agenda before simply voting "aye"?
8. When an opening exists, create a job description and requirements, post the opening and ask for applications, then hire the most qualified person - you know run it like a business.
9. Stop using excuses like "well, Visk did it, too." You promised change, so change - be the governance you promised to be.
I am sure there could be a few more, but just once, I would like a party to actually live up to its promises, stop the "blame game", embrace and empower the citizens, seek input, and conduct public business in the best interest of the public. Is that really asking too much?
You should stayed away longer.
#1 TLC/MVP are to blame.#2 Agree,#3 Must be a reason,#4 Post 48 Hours,#5 Was never done/ Read Ordinance at meeting and tell what it is about.#6 Was that in an Ordinance,#7 1st meeting of the month was always a working meeting. Packets in hand and you had 2 weeks to check it all out and to vote at the next meeting,#8 Not sure how it is being done,#9 No example. No idea what you are saying
I see that the Mayor is doing just that. Streets, Trees, Working with Business people , not trying to force them out of business. Check your list once again. UCP is #10.

Peeps

Forest Park, IL

#7042 Mar 26, 2013
WTH wrote:
Worried about something, why all of a sudden the back peddling.
LPH

Forest Park, IL

#7043 Mar 26, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, LPH -<G>, in case you missed the prior post on the Fox News utube video, I WAS one of those residents crying out for change 4 years ago.
And guess what, you younger political guys and wannabees seem to be screwing up in all the same ways, abusing powers, and generally not being up to (and/or willing to do) the task of governing and managing a muni corporation as the older folks did in their day. Add on to that not being able to manage meeting your statutory obligations, something the old folks were able to accomplish without KITAs being applied by state folks like the Comptroller's office.
But here's the thing: hindsight is 20/20, and what is irrefutably insuuportable NOW actually was spun - and looked - to the herds of unquestioning followers - as a good and sure thing...until time proved it wasn't. Moving forward is good if it gets you to a good place - which doesn't often happen by accident (google statistical probability). Moving forward can also take taxpayers to some not-so-fine places: see Bridgeview, for example. That sign on the rear of the UCP poster truck: Toyota Park.
Dark clouds covering this town in terror? Isn't that just a bit over the top? How about predictable and extremely possible outcomes. Bright future? Well time will tell, won't it. And if UCP is so strong and invincible, why spend so much effort suppressing perceived threats - like that flyer? You use a B52 to swat a mosquito, do you?
From what I've seen UCP has already sown the seeds of its eventual defeat...all by itself. Time will tell...
Umm.. I'm not part of any political system or one of the village officials... I'm just concerned citizen who was also screaming for change in the video! I think your trying to pull off some reverse psychology on people here by flip flopping "saying you were all for UCP but, now your completely against them and support VIP". Look, there is no way you ever were for UCP, because no matter what VIP is not the way to go. The VIP Party is made up of Liars, Malicious Attackers, Smokers, Drinkers, and Federal Fraud Artists that are Related to Child Sex Abusers. The party is made up of all "Puppets" who will be taking orders from someone behind the scenes. You are being deceived. Your being brainwashed. Your being nieve and ignorant to the facts. There is no hope for the Village of Lyons with those vampires in office. Our village funds will land so far in debt this village will turn into a place worse than Cicero. Schools will have to close, more police officers will be fired, Business will pack up shop and leave in a heartbeat, Crime Will go up, graffiti and gangs will be everywhere, sidewalks, streets, and trees will go unkept, there will be no events for the children, and that will just begin the economical downward spiral and collapse of the village. At least UCP did what they needed tt and the Village is moving forward. The $30 million dollar debt is now less than $25 Million. In another term with UCP we will be under $20 Million and things are being accomplished! Everybody has work. The Village of Lyons is starting to bloom and grow. Why kill it by putting some new people in place? There's nothing they have to offer.
Two Face

Chicago, IL

#7044 Mar 26, 2013
Lyons Produces Heros wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish they had a "Just Give Up" button on here! She's Back and VIP are going nowhere, sorry but the Citizens of Lyons are United Strong and will never be defeated! The residents have cried out 4 years ago and enough is enough! You all former politicians and village officials had it too easy, lp abused your powers, and your game is up! This is a new age. You screwed up a long time ago.. it's time to let it go and let the younger generation move things forward! Lyons is so much more of a better place now and has a very bright future. Your dark clouds cannot cover this town in terror no more! Amen.
Stop it your killing me!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7045 Mar 26, 2013
Peeps wrote:
<quoted text>
Worried about something, why all of a sudden the back peddling.
I was not "back peddling" - just stating what it would take for me to consider UCP. Oh, I forgot one important thing - keep convicted felons out of the village hall and away from running our village. And, it doesn't matter as Getty could never consider doing these things, anyway.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7046 Mar 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
#1 TLC/MVP are to blame.#2 Agree,#3 Must be a reason,#4 Post 48 Hours,#5 Was never done/ Read Ordinance at meeting and tell what it is about.#6 Was that in an Ordinance,#7 1st meeting of the month was always a working meeting. Packets in hand and you had 2 weeks to check it all out and to vote at the next meeting,#8 Not sure how it is being done,#9 No example. No idea what you are saying
I see that the Mayor is doing just that. Streets, Trees, Working with Business people , not trying to force them out of business. Check your list once again. UCP is #10.
1. See, have to blame others.
2. Wow, you actually agree on this?
3. A reason? How about compliance with state statute AND our own village code? And maybe so the taxpayers have some idea as to how our money is being spent?
4. How about giving citizens time to find out ahead of time instead of waiting until the last legal minute to post, and posting the agenda on the web site after the legal requirements.
5. So what if it was never done (again, the previous people...); by the time it is read at the meeting it is too late to provide input or ask questions.
6. Was what in an ordinance? I said stop wasting our money...
7. Have you ever heard one of the UCP people question anything?
8. You state the problem - no one knows how people get hired, what their qualifications are, or what the job description for the position is. Suddenly someone shows up, that it.
9. I guess it is like #1.
10. UCP? So, none of the above?

And, how about you stay away for a while?
RiRi

Chicago, IL

#7047 Mar 26, 2013
Please all you older people take your meds on election day cause if ucp wins I don't want anyone to have a heartattack.
Leland Mom

Forest Park, IL

#7048 Mar 27, 2013
I am concerned about the items on the ballot for converting the public library to a public library district and the Property Tax Extension Law. I am opposed to this. I believe it will affect the financial picture of the library in a negative way. 1. lower the amount received by the library and lock it into an amount of $650,000. 2. It will also cost the library to administer their own taxing. 3. It could add to operating costs in other ways also, such as any utilities or maintenance now being done by the VOL.
I am aware that the VOL is not always timely in the distribution of tax monies, but it is better to get more monies in increments than to have to administer and collect a tax, possibly a lower amount, as an independent entity. VOTE NO FOR BOTH BALLOT ISSUES.
Blast from the Past

Forest Park, IL

#7049 Mar 27, 2013
RiRi wrote:
Please all you older people take your meds on election day cause if ucp wins I don't want anyone to have a heartattack.
What do you mean IF, they will WIN. Just got the mail. VIP lies.
No one will ever believe all that crap. Give it up.
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#7052 Mar 27, 2013
Watching wrote:
The senior that lives next to my house somehow got a vip sign in her yard. She was so upset about it. She didn't want it and was afraid to take it down because they may bully her. I took it down for her. Patty if you put it back you better stop at my house first. Stop picking on the old ladies. You should know better. If I catch you back out here I will call the police.
What's the name and address, didn't put signs ANYWHERE without permission first. The last thing we do is bully people, people are more than happy to put our signs up. If you give me the info, I'll take care of it.
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#7053 Mar 27, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Obama was electioneering too !!!
NOW you've got the picture, finally, someone else gets it!!!! My point exactly, both of them make promises and don't keep, the only thing they keep doing besides spending is screwing the taxpayers. Neither has even bothered to pass a budget. State of the Union/Village, both electioneered not bothering to recognize the agony the taxpayers are going through. What is it going to take for people to wake up, the way you and I have, that there isn't any difference between what Obama does and Getty does, line their own pockets while we eat dog food!
SORRY

Forest Park, IL

#7054 Mar 27, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing just what? Street repair has gone on in this town for fifty plus years. Working with businesses? Yeah, forcing them to buy insurance from the family business in order to get a license. Threatening to take their house away because they put out the goldenrod flies with...God help us, the trush? Threatening their home? What a tactic! A lot of people have signs up, agreed, but they are terrified to take them down because they don't want the building guy to 'find' supposed building violations or the public works guy to strong arm them or have the police called because they spit on the sidewalk. UCP wrote the book on bullying years ago and follows it religiously.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#7055 Mar 27, 2013
Blast from the Past wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean IF, they will WIN. Just got the mail. VIP lies.
No one will ever believe all that crap. Give it up.
Well, I guess if people can belive the BS from the UCP, they can belive anything...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neal Muller charged in fatal accident (Feb '09) 46 min SuckMeOff 14
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 1 hr Stewpider 1,286
Man Found Dead At Cicero Peep Show (Aug '07) 2 hr rico 3
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) 5 hr enticeme2u 879
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 8 hr The Reporter 28
In memory of Emily Keseg (Oct '09) 10 hr FRIENDOFEMILLY342 7
Westchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports