lyons, il politics
OMG

Forest Park, IL

#6973 Mar 23, 2013
Views from the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Municipal: Thanks for clearing this issue up for all of us!! Did not realize we were all confused, and that once the Village Population reaches the "Magic" 10,000 Number, Old "Green Jeans" can proclaim himself Grand-Puh-Bah, Head of The Raccon Lodge, or any other Title he feels befitting of his Worldly Status.
After all he is "ENTITLED"!!! RULING THE VILLAGE OF LYONS IS HIS BIRTH RIGHT!!!! As "EMPEROR" HOW DARE HE BE REQUESTED TO, oh I don't know, maybe submit, TIMELY BUDGETS, THE OCCASIONAL TIF REPORT UPDATE, STATUS OF ALL VILLAGE DEBT OBLIGATIONS!!! Nope, "ole Great One", is ruling a Village of Ten Thousand People, creating change, implementing positive initiatives!!! He cannot be distracted by BUDGETS, TIF REPORTS AND DEBT OBLIGATION DISCLOSURES, No, No, No, there are much more important Issues to deal with, LIKE HANGING THE NEW PICTURE IN THE VILLAGE HALL!!!! THAT WILL MAKE US ALL FEEL GOOD AND PROUD!!!! Yes-sir-ree-Bob, it also KEEPS US ALL LOOKING AWAY FROM ALL OF THE REAL ISSUES BEING PLOTTED AND SCHEMED ON LAWNDALE!!!!!I feel good, don't you?????
OMG, sounds exactly like what is going on in Springfield and Washington, no budgets, continued spending, hanging the taxpayer by the short hairs and not giving one darn that they are strangling from inflation, job loss, housing loss. All these politicians should only try to live within their budgets......oh, that's right, none of them have budgets yet! Well, let's see, they've all (city, state,& federal) been in office for four years, how the heck long does it take to produce a balanced budget? In my house, if I don't have it, I can't spend it. Maybe they should do the same thing.
Justice for All

Forest Park, IL

#6974 Mar 23, 2013
that's what they said about Sandusky and Paterno.

They were the best. They were loved by all.
Yeah right. Just happy the people that suffered
lived long enough to see justice.

Something the people of this town have been denied way too long.

Balanced and Unafraid.
PEDO ALERT

Hillside, IL

#6975 Mar 23, 2013
WTH wrote:
This is from the Center for Sex Offender Management:
Why Do People Commit Sex Crimes?
No single factor or combination of factors can fully explain why someone offends sexually, though
some factors may combine to increase people’s
tendency
to offend.
These factors are:
• physiological/biological (e.g., imbalanced hormones, being sexually attracted to children);
• sociocultural (e.g., being exposed to broader social messages supportive of aggression);
• developmental/environmental (e.g., having witnessed domestic violence); and
• situational/circumstantial (e.g., having easy access to victims, extreme levels of stress)
So the notion that it is the fault of the parents is simply false. Parental influence may be a part, but it is not the cause. Uninformed, lazy idiots make such statements.
WTH: You do realize you are defending every child molester and sexual predator in those statements you made above, correct? Your giving excuses that it is okay to commit crimes like that. Well, it's not! If something was to happen to your daughter or son, I'm sure you would be singing a different tune! Or maybe you would be able to forgive them for hurting your child's life?

IF YOU THINK BEINGA PEDOFILE IS OKAY, READ THIS CASE BELOW:

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.asp...
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6976 Mar 23, 2013
riverside wrote:
<quoted text>
they themselves being victims of abuse became mentally ill.
the dirtiest ugliest attack was on the children.
Here's a great suggestion for you - know what you are talking about before running you mouth. You obviously know NOTHING about this subject. For your information not all victims "become mentally ill". I'm sure your great insight into the minds of people you don't know will be a great revelation to the world of mental health. The dirtiest, ugliest attack is using the victims as political fodder. For all we know, YOU could be a child molester, as could anyone posting on this Blog. Are you aware that on 1 - 5% of assaults are ever reported? I wish you would take time to learn what you are talking about, and stop trying to use issues that have nothing to do with running our village for your own political ends.
WTH

Forest Park, IL

#6977 Mar 23, 2013
Isn't it great that Chris is endorsed by Tom Dart - hey you people who are so worried about child abusers, here's the guy supporting your candidate:

http://19thwardpolitics.blogspot.com/2013/03/...

Dart will not hold illegal immigrants - even those with a history of 12 convictions for a dozen sexual assaults.
Justice for All

Forest Park, IL

#6978 Mar 23, 2013
PEDO ALERT wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH: You do realize you are defending every child molester and sexual predator in those statements you made above, correct? Your giving excuses that it is okay to commit crimes like that. Well, it's not! If something was to happen to your daughter or son, I'm sure you would be singing a different tune! Or maybe you would be able to forgive them for hurting your child's life?
IF YOU THINK BEINGA PEDOFILE IS OKAY, READ THIS CASE BELOW:
http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.asp...
Bravo !
Justice for All

Forest Park, IL

#6979 Mar 23, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/cook...

this was on TV 2 nor 3 nites back..pls take time and read it...

These are the facts..not an opinion.

Justice for All

Forest Park, IL

#6980 Mar 23, 2013
WTH wrote:
Isn't it great that Chris is endorsed by Tom Dart - hey you people who are so worried about child abusers, here's the guy supporting your candidate:
http://19thwardpolitics.blogspot.com/2013/03/...
Dart will not hold illegal immigrants - even those with a history of 12 convictions for a dozen sexual assaults.
did u read the article.

Who does Mr. Anderson work for ????
She back

Chicago, IL

#6981 Mar 23, 2013
Justice for All wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/03/20/cook-county-jail-ov ercrow_n_2917921.html?utm_hp_r ef=chicago
this was on TV 2 nor 3 nites back..pls take time and read it...
These are the facts..not an opinion.
Gee, potential new revenue stream! Rent them our empty jail cells!

Need money to pay existing and proposed debt: problem solved. <G>
Resident

Chicago, IL

#6982 Mar 23, 2013
Dirty Politics. It was done to ucp but they still won I am voting for the other party because I don't agree with wasting money on Pay Raises Benefits a Publicist and a Ast also the key points she back makes.
PEDO ALERT

Hillside, IL

#6983 Mar 23, 2013
In 2009 I actually voted for TLC and had the signs up in my store front. I knew the Getty family for a long time but, I wasn't sure how most people would vote and I felt Chris may have been to young and honestly didn't think he had a chance. After the election I was surprised and I guess I felt a bit of hope that if a kid can get elected maybe there will be the change Lyons Residents have been seeking. After, the election he did stop on in my store and asked what it was that he didn't have my vote, and I told him I simply didn't think he was old enough to handle the responsibilities that came along with mayor. He shook his head in agreement and and told me he respected that and that he will do what he can to earn my vote in 2013. Now that the elections are here. The kid has earned my vote. I had a problem with residents parking in front of my business and told him that it made things inconvenient for my customers. Well, 2 days later he had a 1 hour parking limit sign that was valid during business hours (8-5). I am so greatful he was able to help out and my business has now doubled because my customers can easily park. My entire family will be voting UCP all the way this year! The neighbors and friends I have talked to in town fully support him too! The kid is doing awesome job, and I'm looking forward to seeing the accomplishments to come in the future!
PEDO ALERT

Hillside, IL

#6984 Mar 23, 2013
and yes, I agree the forum should move on from the Pedofile talks and get back to the things that matter. Like how you have been helped out or the good things you liked about the last 4 years? Or maybe what you didn't like? Let's get back to the basics so people can have a clear image on who we are voting for.(I had no intentions voting VIP in the first place, and the pedo topics completely made me feel at peace with my decision to vote UCP)
seamstress

Union, NJ

#6985 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>Municipal: Thanks for clearing this issue up for all of us!! Did not realize we were all confused, and that once the Village Population reaches the "Magic" 10,000 Number, Old "Green Jeans" can proclaim himself Grand-Puh-Bah, Head of The Raccon Lodge, or any other Title he feels befitting of his Worldly Status.
After all he is "ENTITLED"!!! RULING THE VILLAGE OF LYONS IS HIS BIRTH RIGHT!!!! As "EMPEROR" HOW DARE HE BE REQUESTED TO, oh I don't know, maybe submit, TIMELY BUDGETS, THE OCCASIONAL TIF REPORT UPDATE, STATUS OF ALL VILLAGE DEBT OBLIGATIONS!!! Nope, "ole Great One", is ruling a Village of Ten Thousand People, creating change, implementing positive initiatives!!! He cannot be distracted by BUDGETS, TIF REPORTS AND DEBT OBLIGATION DISCLOSURES, No, No, No, there are much more important Issues to deal with, LIKE HANGING THE NEW PICTURE IN THE VILLAGE HALL!!!! THAT WILL MAKE US ALL FEEL GOOD AND PROUD!!!! Yes-sir-ree-Bob, it also KEEPS US ALL LOOKING AWAY FROM ALL OF THE REAL ISSUES BEING PLOTTED AND SCHEMED ON LAWNDALE!!!!!I feel good, don't you?????
Maybe getty has green jeans because patti used all of the blue denim fashioning a pair for herself.
Views from the High Stool

Chicago, IL

#6986 Mar 24, 2013
Not Too Long Ago wrote:
<quoted text>
I never saw them stand up. Nor did I see them put their hands together to clap. I loved the evening. Our Mayor has class. The picture made the night. We have a Winner .
Not Too Long Ago: OOOHHHH What a Night!!!! We cannot get any reports on Budgets, Status of TIF Finances, What Debt the Village Residents, are on the HOOK for, What is taking place with the Water Bond Monies(Which "Green Jeans" Chris is Claiming Credit for Paying Off!!!!), yet we are invited to a Staged (Assigned Seating for Trustees!!) State of the Village of Lyons Meeting!!! A meeting that was accompanied by the ROLLING SUPPORT "GREEN JEANS CHRIS" BILLBOARD, up and down Lawndale Avenue!!! This was NOT A STATE OF the VILLAGE SPEECH, this was PLAIN AND SIMPLEY, A UCP, GET OUT THE VOTE STAGED EVENT (AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE!!), Sponsored by our very own, "Farmer Ken" and Green Jeans Chris"!!! This was designed to make US ALL FEEL GOOD!!! A Staged Event, a Fluff Piece, to PACIFY THS MASSES AND KEEP THE FOCUS OFF OF THE REAL iSSUES, AND THE BEHIND THE SCENES DEAL MAKING, THAT HAS BEEN AT A FEVER PITCH, during the last six months!!! While our supposed ELECTED LEADERS (AND DO NOT FORGET "NEW BESTIST PALS"!!), conspire with "Farmer Ken and Green Jeans Chris" to CONTRACT OUT THE VILLAGE PUBLIC WORKS, PLOT AND SCEME TO GRAB CONTROL OF THE SCHOOL BOARD, AND PRIVATIZE AND CONTRACT OUT SCHOOL SERVICES!!!!
These are the Positive Initiatives for the next four years, but you are not privy to these PROGRAMS OF THE FUTURE!!!
STAND AND CLAP, LET'S ALL HOLD HANDS, as we guide our Fair Village into the Future!!!!
LOOK OVER THERE, UP ON THE WALL!!!! SEE THE PICTURE???? DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD????? WHAT A NIGHT!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!
BETTER HOPE THAT PICTURE IS A PRICELESS PICCASSO!!!! CAUSE IF IT IS NOT, AND YOU ELECT THESE PHONIES, THE NEXT FOUR YEARS ARE GOING TO BE EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE!!!! DO YOU STILL FEEL GOOD NOW!!!!
Love Thy Neighbor

Lyons, IL

#6987 Mar 24, 2013
30 Year Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Nephew, Cousin, what ever he is related to Mark Anderson. However, I didn't feel like writing the story up last night, but Tom Anderson was found guilty and convicted. However, I did hear the story and supposedly the girl was like 15 or 16 and he was 18 at the time. I guess they were in a relationship and when Tom broke up with her she told her parents that they had sex and the parents pressed charges on him. He hasn't committed another crime since. His family has been in the Village for a long time, and I do not believe that Tom poses any threat to society. His violation was over a decade ago. Mark Anderson on the other hand has been good to the Village. Now this Graunke guy, that kid has a serious problem and is a repeat offender. He has a mental issue or disease, call it what you want.. but, it is likely he would hurt another kid given the chance.
You have the wrong person. It was a child.
WOW

Lyons, IL

#6988 Mar 24, 2013
Creeper wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't mention a cross dresser, a gay person, or any other person but a child rapist. I would suggest you keep your kids away from the rapists. I find it alarming that you have a problem with these other people. They haven't harmed anyone, just the rapists harmed people. Both Anderson and Graunkee raped children. Anderson, victim under 9 years old, Graunkee, victim under 4 years old. Those are the people I have a problem with. They developed this illness from somewhere. Either poor family life, or their parents choose to ignore an obvious problem and get them help. Now since the parents choose to ignore this inncoent children were harmed. She Back I am suprised you have these opinions against gay people, you claim to be so understanding...odd
Look around and see who has a VIP sign on the Lawn. I really wonder about that

Chicago, IL

#6989 Mar 24, 2013
30 Year Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The land was donated for free to the Village of Lyons. The Police Department was contracted out to a buddy of Visk. The Condo's on Ogden were also put up by Visk with the same contractor. They also were about to rip up Smith Park to build more Condo's, but as soon as Chris got in office he saved Smith Park and killed the deal. The contractor no longer had funds to complete the project because Visk could no longer fund him through village money.
Not Too Long Ago: Let's see if I understand you correctly. When "Green Jean Chris" was first elected, he was STRIPPED OF HIS POWERS and COULD NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING FOR THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF HIS TERM, did I hear this correctly??? Now you want to tell us that as SOON AS "GREEN JEANS CHRIS" GOT IN OFFICE, HE SAVED SMITH PARK AND KILLED THE DEAL??? Then, as always, we have to bring in the Prior Administration, throw some Blame Their Way, and then cap off the rant by claiming the Contractor no longer had funds because the Prior Administration could no longer fund them with Village Funds??? You certainly have me baffled!!!
Calling all Village Independent Candidates and Pattie Wisneski, can you guys include this Mystery on your to do list for APRIL 10th????
History

Lyons, IL

#6990 Mar 24, 2013
After all he is "ENTITLED"!!! RULING THE VILLAGE OF LYONS IS HIS BIRTH RIGHT!!!! As "EMPEROR" HOW DARE HE BE REQUESTED TO, oh I don't know, maybe submit, TIMELY BUDGETS, THE OCCASIONAL TIF REPORT UPDATE, STATUS OF ALL VILLAGE DEBT OBLIGATIONS!!! Nope, "ole Great One", is ruling a Village of Ten Thousand People, creating change, implementing positive initiatives!!! He cannot be distracted by BUDGETS, TIF REPORTS AND DEBT OBLIGATION

DISCLOSURES, No, No, No, there are much more important Issues to deal with, LIKE HANGING THE NEW PICTURE IN THE VILLAGE HALL!!!! THAT WILL MAKE US ALL FEEL GOOD AND PROUD!!!! Yes-sir-ree-Bob, it also KEEPS US ALL LOOKING AWAY FROM ALL OF THE REAL ISSUES BEING PLOTTED AND SCHEMED ON LAWNDALE!!!!!I feel good, don't you?????
If your roots were in Lyons and your history of Lyons was up to date, you would be proud of that picture. Get a life.
History

Lyons, IL

#6991 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>Not Too Long Ago: Let's see if I understand you correctly. When "Green Jean Chris" was first elected, he was STRIPPED OF HIS POWERS and COULD NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING FOR THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF HIS TERM, did I hear this correctly??? Now you want to tell us that as SOON AS "GREEN JEANS CHRIS" GOT IN OFFICE, HE SAVED SMITH PARK AND KILLED THE DEAL??? Then, as always, we have to bring in the Prior Administration, throw some Blame Their Way, and then cap off the rant by claiming the Contractor no longer had funds because the Prior Administration could no longer fund them with Village Funds??? You certainly have me baffled!!!
Calling all Village Independent Candidates and Pattie Wisneski, can you guys include this Mystery on your to do list for APRIL 10th????
You really have no clue about anything. 4 votes over rules 3 votes. By the way if you think all VIP will be elected you have to be crazy. I saw a letter that came out by VIP . Water was raised from Chicago, that was one lie that said Getty raised water. Read it and I wonder if Close wrote it.

Chicago, IL

#6992 Mar 24, 2013
30 Year Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, like they would waste their time worrying about that. Come on, we all know there is only 6 VIP signs in Lyons and those are the people running for office.
30 Year Resident: Hey Knucklehead, can you clear up for us the Relationship between UCP SignS and Votes at the Old Walgreens Sight????
CALLING ALL VILLAGE INDEPENDENT CANDIDATES AND PATTIE WISNEWSKI!!!!
Can you Guys PLEASE INCLUDE CLEANING UP AND TAKING DOWN ALL OF THE UCP POLITICAL SIGNS,ON THE OLD WALGREENS BUILDING AND THE OTHER VACANT SITES THROUGHOUT THE VILLAGE, on your APRIL 10TH "TO DO LIST"????
Keep track of all your time and expense for this effort, and send "Farmer Ken and Green Jeans Chris" the Invoice for this, YOUR FIRST OF MANY, VILLAGE BEAUTIFICATION PROJECTS!!!!
Oh, and one other thing you may want to consider, send them a picture of the new picture hanging in the Village Hall. IT WILL MAKE THEM "FEEL GOOD" AS THEY CUT THE CHECK!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 poodles dropped from 5th floor of Oak Lawn pa... 1 hr Mo Ready 1
15th ABS WHAT REALLY GOES ON THERE! (Feb '09) 3 hr Valerie 36
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) 3 hr Valerie 965
Moving to South Berwyn 5 hr Hates Berwyn 3
pete venute (Mar '16) 11 hr WILDBILL 27
Beautify Lake St. 11 hr WILDBILL 18
But Job 11 hr WILDBILL 5

Westchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance