lyons, il politics
Cease and Desist

Riverside, IL

#6654 Mar 12, 2013
Only the bottom line counts:

Save your ink, some of us get the paper and some read this on line....last nite.

In view of the foregoing, the Commission deems it appropriate to impose the sanctions
agreed to in
the State’s Offer.
Accordingly, it is hereby,

ORDERED that
pursuant to Section 8 of the Securities
Act, the State of Illinois shall
cease and desist from committing or causing any violations and any future violations of Sections
17(a)(2) and 17(a)(3) of the
Securities Act.
By the Commission.

I rest my case.
Cease and Desist

Riverside, IL

#6656 Mar 12, 2013

What business??? You don't shop in Lyons, your own words.

Go for it, you have a need to get in the last word....

BTW: the unwashed (low class) people of town as you refer to us,
can read. Your party has a bit more to worry about than the SEC, what you haven't heard?

resident

Chicago, IL

#6657 Mar 12, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>resident: Are these the new UCP talking points?? The big bad Pattie's stripped Chris of all powers after he was elected??? That our Village President (Oops I did it again-sorry again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" (his Lawyers told him he can call himself "Mayor") was a babe lost in the woods and could do nothing for the first two years in office???? And because the Pattie's and the Board did not let him govern, the mess was so bad when he eventually got control in 2011, that he now needs four more years to straighten out the mess??? Let me ask you this Resident, why did our open and transparent Village President(my bad again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" not come in and perform a financial audit of all Village Finances and Tiff Finances, call a special meeeting and give a State of the State of the Village of Lyons Finances. Tell the Village Taxpayers this is the situation I have inherited and this is what I intend to do to correct this mess. Had he done that and delivered, four more years would be a given. That would have taken back bone and guts, something that has been sorely lacking over on Lawndale these past four years!!!
he did all that, where were you?
resident

Chicago, IL

#6658 Mar 12, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Tired: You guys are sounding like broken records. Poor Village President (Oops sorry again wondering too) our esteemed self appointed Village "Mayor" had no control. You are four years into this regime, and this is the best you idiots can come up with??? And since you brought Henn up, how much is it going to cost the Village Taxpayers to pay her off for our Village President's handling of her firing??? Did he have control of that brilliant move??
you are an idiot the patties gave their friend henne the ridiculous contract thats right 100,000,00 and she was useless from the start, so its their fault we had to fire her and pay her off. what dont you understand about that?
Marie Vachata

Lyons, IL

#6659 Mar 12, 2013
She back wrote:
Sorry, but Getty had nothing to do with that...
Years ago during President Vachata's term, a civil engineer inspected Davidowski Hall and wrote up a report stating his finding that it was unsafe for occupancy. Repairs were never undertaken to make it safe, and that report was buried and pretty much forgotten. The Hall remained in use and eventually the veteran's service group you mention was given exclusive use while Visk was Village President. The report resurfaced when the Board of Elections requested to use the Hall as a polling place. Once the report was back in play (and yes, Getty was now Village President) the Village had no choice but to shut the Hall down pending repairs/reinspection or jeopardize insurance coverage for the Village as a whole as well as incur liability if anything went wrong and someone was injured.
Just another example of this Village failing to conduct due diligence - regardless of which group is in power. And this would be a failing of the Village Managers involved, just as much as of the elected officials.
Toni Parker, you are off the wall. Again. I had a gentleman named Mr.Eric Meese take a look at the Recreation Hall and the Village Hall. Never said it was not safe. It was safe. Mr. Burelle was feeding the TLC/MVP with lies. Just as you are at this time in your life. Why didn't your new friends ask you to run on the ticket. They are just using you. What have I ever done to you to turn on me. Visk, Krueger, Wisneski said the building was not safe. But not too long after they let Operation Stars and Stripes in the hall. You were very angry about that. Remember !!!! TLC / MVP are the same people who went downtown to the Election Board and told them the building was not safe for Voters. I am not surprised that you switched sides, I am just puzzled by your hurtful actions.
Never Forget

Lyons, IL

#6660 Mar 12, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>you are an idiot the patties gave their friend henne the ridiculous contract thats right 100,000,00 and she was useless from the start, so its their fault we had to fire her and pay her off. what dont you understand about that?
She should have never been hired in the first place.
News Media

Lyons, IL

#6661 Mar 12, 2013
She back wrote:
The Sun Times did neglect to mention this from the SEC Press Release:
"Illinois, which implemented a number of remedial actions and issued corrective disclosures beginning in 2009, agreed to settle the SEC’s charges."
The SEC Press Release notes that:
"The state’s misleading disclosures resulted from various institutional failures. As a result, Illinois lacked proper mechanisms to identify and evaluate relevant information about its pension systems into its disclosures. For example, Illinois had not adopted or implemented sufficient controls, policies, or procedures to ensure that material information about the state’s pension plan was assembled and communicated to individuals responsible for bond disclosures. The state also did not adequately train personnel involved in the disclosure process or retain disclosure counsel."
And the absence of stricter sanctions derives in large part from the corrective actions already undertaken by the State:
"According to the SEC’s order, Illinois took multiple steps beginning in 2009 to correct process deficiencies and enhance its pension disclosures. The state issued significantly improved disclosures in the pension section of its bond offering documents, retained disclosure counsel, and instituted written policies and procedures as well as implemented disclosure controls and training programs. The state designated a disclosure committee to assemble and evaluate pension disclosures. In reaching a settlement, the Commission considered these and other remedial acts by Illinois and its cooperation with SEC staff during the investigation. Without admitting or denying the findings, Illinois consented to the SEC’s order to cease and desist from committing or causing any violations of Sections 17(a)(2) and 17(a)(3) of the Securities Act of 1933."
Here is the actual Order:
http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/2013/33-9...
Never believe everything you read. You should know that by now.
Only The Truth

Lyons, IL

#6662 Mar 12, 2013
Change is coming wrote:
I have to give props to mayor Getty (he's actually village president) for having his large obnoxious signs posted all over vacant and abandoned buildings lie the old Walgreens and the bakery building on the corner of Joliet ave. And Amelia! It's nice that you can point out that these properties are vacant and abandoned and that in your reign as mayor (again your really a village president) you've done little to attract new businesses to town but hey I'm sure you'll make up some fairytale story and blame TLC or MVP for not bringing in new businesses. Face up to it though 4 years = liitle business growth in town but we sure have adds to the village debt with giving yourselves health insurance, promoting clerk campos to a full time position, hiring a part time manager at 60,000.00 a year, hiring a media consultant to put fluff pieces about mainly yourself in the DES Plaines Valley UCP Newspaper and giving him 2,000.00 a month, and hiring an assistant for a part time mayor (again village president)! Also while I'm on a roll to a previous response if we could have made Visk payback the village for his police car ride we should have but he was embarrassed enough and ended up losing that election and no I didn't support him! Also wonderful fluff piece about how mayor Getty ( yes you know it president) is such a big time supporter of the armed forces well if you were how come you tried so desperately to throw Dick Gatz a retired United States Marine forever 20 years off the ballot? This man served his country while you were in diapers! Do yo know what service to the country is? My vote and many of my neighbors some with unwanted Getty signs (hmmm wasn't he running with other people because they're not on many of his signs) will be going to the VIP party!!! Change is a coming to the Village of Lyons and it can't come any quicker!!!
TLC/MVP were very successful in getting rid of our businesses. Amico, Shell, Suburban Mailing,Walgreens (Built new one on a TIF ) Tax payers have a 23 year tax freeze.They left 1st Avenue a mess. Snowflake property, Reno's, etc. Plus built a $17 Million Dollar Community Center and not a Police Station by the old Village Hall.
Wow !!! Blunder after Blunder. Mayor Getty will win again. Only because of all TLC/MVP mistakes.
She back

Chicago, IL

#6663 Mar 12, 2013
Cease and Desist wrote:
What business??? You don't shop in Lyons, your own words.
Go for it, you have a need to get in the last word....
BTW: the unwashed (low class) people of town as you refer to us,
can read. Your party has a bit more to worry about than the SEC, what you haven't heard?
I do not refer to the people of town as "unwashed". Please go back to Post 6612 and you will see that another poster did that. I'll take credit for my own deeds, but please TRY to be honest enough to not slam me for the words of others! As far as not shopping in Lyons, let's see, went to Walgreen's the other day, SA today. Clothes, dog food...nope, nobody here sells the brands I wear, nor do they stock Nature's Instinct, EVO or even Diamond. If they did, maybe I would shop in Lyons for those things. Mike Adelsbach is my insurance agent...does that count?
She back

Chicago, IL

#6664 Mar 12, 2013
Marie Vachata wrote:
<quoted text>
Toni Parker, you are off the wall. Again. I had a gentleman named Mr.Eric Meese take a look at the Recreation Hall and the Village Hall. Never said it was not safe. It was safe. Mr. Burelle was feeding the TLC/MVP with lies. Just as you are at this time in your life. Why didn't your new friends ask you to run on the ticket. They are just using you. What have I ever done to you to turn on me. Visk, Krueger, Wisneski said the building was not safe. But not too long after they let Operation Stars and Stripes in the hall. You were very angry about that. Remember !!!! TLC / MVP are the same people who went downtown to the Election Board and told them the building was not safe for Voters. I am not surprised that you switched sides, I am just puzzled by your hurtful actions.
Sorry, but there definitely WAS a report by a licensed engineer - complete with pictures - that stated the building was structurally unsound. I saw it, and even called the engineering firm to verify the engineer's credentials. Telling the truth is not turning on anyone...sorry you see it that way.
She back

Chicago, IL

#6665 Mar 12, 2013
News Media wrote:
<quoted text>
Never believe everything you read. You should know that by now.
Especially anything from the Village of Lyons. Right!

But I think I'll continue to rely upon things from agencies like the SEC...
She back

Chicago, IL

#6667 Mar 12, 2013
One question: Gary Benedik, when Trustee, was one of the key TLC TIF proponents. You know, one of those blunderers in large part responsible for the loss of the those businesses you mention. So WHY is he on Getty's zoning board? Seems to me some of the old guard responsible for those blunders you mention have been working hand-in-glove with Mr. Getty, since 2009...who knows, maybe before.
Lyons Produces Heros

Hillside, IL

#6668 Mar 12, 2013
Local Marine praises Lyons Mayor for his ongoing support to military and veterans

http://www.themarknewsonline.info/local-news/...

SERVICE MEN TO RETURN HOME TO LYONS

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...

LUKE GREGERSON FORMER RESIDENT IS GOING TO PITCH FOR TEAM USA!

http://www.friarhood.com/luke-gregerson-to-pi...
Why Why

Riverside, IL

#6669 Mar 13, 2013
She back wrote:
One question: Gary Benedik, when Trustee, was one of the key TLC TIF proponents. You know, one of those blunderers in large part responsible for the loss of the those businesses you mention. So WHY is he on Getty's zoning board? Seems to me some of the old guard responsible for those blunders you mention have been working hand-in-glove with Mr. Getty, since 2009...who knows, maybe before.
Why don't you stop bringing in everyone and his brother into
your postings. You have no clue !
Not easy to Quit

Riverside, IL

#6670 Mar 13, 2013
"Adults with mental illnesses are more likely to smoke cigarettes and less likely to quit than people without mental illnesses, said a recent report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

Tribune: Chicagoland Section page 4. March 13.
She back

Chicago, IL

#6671 Mar 13, 2013
Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message, eh, Forest Park. I do have lots of clues, which is why you're attacking me personally and not what I am posting...if TLC was such a bunch of blunderers, and the TIFs did so much damage - which I won't argue, since I have been pointing it out for ten years, now - why is one of their chief pro-TIF former Trustees on Getty's zoning board?

Could it be that the alphabet soup political parties are NOT the root cause of Lyons' financial distress and political dysfunction? Maybe something like unquestioning reliance on outsiders with their own, often self-serving agendas and no sense of responsibility - fiduciary or otherwise - to the Village or taxpayers might play a part? What about slanted, often incomplete information given out to Trustees and taxpayers concerning decisions and courses of actions, and pressure to make those decisions without adequate time to do diligence and consider?

If you don't determine the root cause, you'll never resolve the issue. Of course, it does appear easier to just villify...but sooner or later, those pesky issues always return.
Why Why

Riverside, IL

#6672 Mar 13, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but there definitely WAS a report by a licensed engineer - complete with pictures - that stated the building was structurally unsound. I saw it, and even called the engineering firm to verify the engineer's credentials. Telling the truth is not turning on anyone...sorry you see it that way.
Why were you so upset when past Administration allowed Stars and Stripes to operate out of an unsound building after they insisted
that no one should be in the building.

Remember the paperwork that stated the late Meridith took a bad fall in front of the building and a certain candidate running with VIP, asked Manager to make sure that Public Works go and shovel the walks in front of the unsound Rec Hall...remember. Remember the bit about GA....or have you forgotten to tell the whole truth?

You are supporting the very same person who had attorney send you
a letter that you were out of line, in talking with the employees at the old village hall...did you forget the parking lot incident..when freedom of speech was called into play?

Why Why

Riverside, IL

#6673 Mar 13, 2013
Why did VIP candidate for Mayor go on TV.
Harry Porterfield segment and praise Stars and
Stripes and not mention that they were operating
in an unsafe building?

Forget all the rest: Did she ever tell that lady
who I believe did a fine job for our troops, that
she and her helpers were in an unsound building?
Marie Vachata

Lyons, IL

#6674 Mar 13, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a village tape when Mr. Meese came to verify his findings. He is the same man that put the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier. Said it could not be done due to wind. Mr. Burell had a paper by someone ??? Don't believe it. Building is fine. If it was so bad why was Stars and Stripes in it ???? I hope this issue is over.
Lyons Produces Heros

Hillside, IL

#6675 Mar 13, 2013
So start making a difference! Discover Lyons area volunteer opportunities at the featured resources below, or single out a volunteer effort by keyword and location using our volunteer widget. Don't forget to consult the list of Lyons volunteer organizations.

Know someone who's made a big difference in the Lyons community? Nominate them as a local hero and celebrate their efforts at the Power of One.
Volunteer Opportunities for Lyons, Illinois

•VolunteerMatch.org
•ServeNet.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fast Eddie Needs Help Finding A New Job In Nove... 3 hr Ranger Rod 3
Bill Lammel Lied (Nov '16) 15 hr missed 36
Snack Shack Snack Inn (Jun '10) 20 hr CR born 42
Ronald Jude Jarnell ( alias Bones) (Aug '17) 20 hr CR born 9
Welfare Low Lifes (Jun '10) 22 hr Actually 3
landlords name over 8355 o'connor drive river g... Sat Cheetos1146 1
No Cigar Sat Where r they 1

Westchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Westchester Mortgages