Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Sean wrote:
https://www.google.com/search...
MEANS LOWER CLASS..SORRY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO READ.
Stop with the tutoring. Where did you get your degree? OOPS, forgot you don't have one.
Sean: Back to the the drawing board old friend. Google is not the be all end all. See if you can follow me here. Take your two hands, you have a left one and a right one (they are attached to your shoulders), place them over your ears, right hand to right ear, left hand to left ear. Still with me pal??? Now concentrate hard, that thing you are holding between your hands, most people commonly refer to as your head, inside that head is your brain.(Yeah, I know, it is quite a bit higher up on your body than you previously thought).Again, Inside that head is your brain. Think of it as your own "On Board Google Device" reread the previous post and reponse you are responding to, try and focus on reading and comprehension (which at least reading, according to you, you have already mastered),so now we can focus on comphrehending, meaning and context. Control your urge to fall back on google, I believe in you Sean, the elevator will rise to the top floor and the doors will suddenly open. Al the best, Sean!!!
Sean

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Change is coming wrote:
Btw stop putting your signs on people's properties that don't want one! I don't want one and mine went in the garbage!!!
no one put a sign in your lawn...tell us another.

She Back: clean up your front yard.

Take broom in right hand and place on wooden pole and proceed with
sweeping...maybe you can take off on it.
Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

wondering too wrote:
stop with the oops thing...so, so corny.
You're finally giving credit to the Mayor for building relationships ..exactly what a Mayor should be doing..
wondering too: No wondering too, I am not giving our Village President (Gosh Darn-it wondering too, I did it again) our esteemed self proclaimed Village "Mayor" credit for "Building Relationships", I am just repeating what he "Himself" told us in the Desplaines Valley News a couple of issues ago. Have you noticed his new found budding relationship with the DesPlaines Valley News??? Have you noticed and listened to him tell us all how he is reaching out and "Building Relationships" with neighboring politicians, all under the guise of promoting the Village Of Lyons??? Well I have news for you wondering too, he's "Building Relationships" all right, but not for your benefit or mine,(well maybe yours), and certainly not for the benefit of the people of the Village of Lyons. Before all of this "Relationship Building", destroys our fair Village, and we are on the brink right now, why don't we vote this current group of "Relationship Builders" out of office and set an example for the rest of this fine State of Illinois. Let's put in the Village Independent Party of Wisneski, Mendlik, Gatz, Graunke, Johnson. Let's demand that they actually install an open and transparent government, while "Building Relationships" with the Village of Lyons Taxpayers, Employees, Local Busnesses,etc. Let them perform an initial Audit of all Village Finances and TIF Finances upon taking Office. Upon completion of that Audit, hold an open and transparent meeting for all Village of Lyons Residents, and present the actual State Of our Village Finances. Let us all know, where do we stand today, and how will we navigate the road ahead of us to get to where we need to be tomorrow. Invite the Suburban Life, The Chicago Tribune, The Sun-Times, and the Landmark Newspaper to attend, observe and report. Now wondering too, wouldn't that be a refreshing change of pace, The Village of Lyons Government, performing their "Fiduciary Responsibilities" for the Village of Lyons Residents!!!!!
Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Sean wrote:
<quoted text>
no one put a sign in your lawn...tell us another.
She Back: clean up your front yard.
Take broom in right hand and place on wooden pole and proceed with
sweeping...maybe you can take off on it.
Sean: What no google reference to back up all your profound and deep thoughts??? I see you are now refering to your right and left hands, did I confuse you when we last talked??? After you have perfected comprehension, context and meaning, then we can try and tackle multi-tasking. Don't try to perform to much to quickly. It may take awhile to get your "On-Board Google Device" functioning in a coherent manner.Keep plugging away pal. We are all rooting for you!!!
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Lyons Produces Heros wrote:
http://www.friarhood.com/luke- gregerson-to-pitch-for-team-us a/
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Views From the High Stool wrote:
Lady A: Whay exactly is your issue with us "older people? Could it be that we actually have lived and recall the older history of our fair Village and can actually sit down with our neighbors, friends and children and verbalize our recollections of these events? Since you brought it up, wondering why us "older people" have an issue with our Village Presidents Father, the fact is the man is a convicted felon. Not just any old convicted felon, but convicted of crimes perpetrated while holding the same Office as our illustrious leader does now. Of course, the elder was Mayor of the Village at that time, which of course our esteemed leader claims he is also Mayor, seconded by his white collar patronage lawyers, that we pay to give him such ground breaking advice. Yes Lady A, us "older people" can actually recall and pass these events on to the younger generation, showing them how if we are not careful, history can and will repeat itself. My what a novel concept, passing along history without relying on Google or Facebook for this Knowledge!! OMG!!! I have another bit of groundbrakeing news for you Lady A, us "older people" actually like to go out and let our hair down every now and then!! We actually date, spend time with significant others, and yes we may even have an occasional one night stand, can you believe us "older people" Lady A!!!! And, are you sitting down for this visual, every once in a while we may even get under the covers and give you " younger people" a run for your money in that facet of life. LOL Lady A!!!!
Please dont give her any more attention, yes we are old but not dead!
PleasePattiK

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I wish PattiK was on the ballot again, sadly the VIP don't have a chance for the president without her at the top of the ticket. First PattieW picks a former male stripper as a clerk candidate and a trustee candidate who owns a strip club in McCook. Once they leave her she replaces them with people who have done zero for this town and never speak up at VIllage Board meetings. I have never seen these people on the Channel 6.

PattiK please run as a Write-In. Poor Dick Gatz and Mr. Graunke are doing all of the work for her. I have seen them in my neighborhood the past two days and even gave me a VIP sign for my window. I drive past your house today and you don't have nothing for your party up. How do you expect me to support you when you aren;t helping with nothing, not even a sign.

I want to see all the VIP people take over the offices, but I cant vote for someone who isn't a leader. I don't like the Getty's, but he is always in the neighborhood talking to people. If you don't run PattiK I will be leaving that spot empty.

Please help the VIP win Patti.
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Using MY money to put his name on village vehicles.
2. Claiming to be "transparent" when he hides everything he can and does everything possible to prevent citizens from knowing what is going on.
3. Failing to produce a budget (as required by law).
4. Appoint a convicted felon to a board.
5. Using taxpayers money to hire a publicity agent for himself.
6. Taking ten's of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from businesses having contracts with the village.
7. Hiring people without ever posting the opening or qualifications.
8. Having the dedication plaques removed from the village hall, then claiming he has no knowledge of it.
9. Allowing a convicted felon to have unlimited access to the village hall and to give orders to village employees.
10. Failing to maintain the village web site - as required by law.
11. Refusing to answer questions put to him at an open meeting.
12. Selling insurance to liquor licensees and claiming he didn't know it was a conflict of interest.
13. Making claims about our "growing business economy" when there is no real growth at all.
Need I say more?
Lyons also produces this!
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

PleasePattiK wrote:
I wish PattiK was on the ballot again, sadly the VIP don't have a chance for the president without her at the top of the ticket. First PattieW picks a former male stripper as a clerk candidate and a trustee candidate who owns a strip club in McCook. Once they leave her she replaces them with people who have done zero for this town and never speak up at VIllage Board meetings. I have never seen these people on the Channel 6.
PattiK please run as a Write-In. Poor Dick Gatz and Mr. Graunke are doing all of the work for her. I have seen them in my neighborhood the past two days and even gave me a VIP sign for my window. I drive past your house today and you don't have nothing for your party up. How do you expect me to support you when you aren;t helping with nothing, not even a sign.
I want to see all the VIP people take over the offices, but I cant vote for someone who isn't a leader. I don't like the Getty's, but he is always in the neighborhood talking to people. If you don't run PattiK I will be leaving that spot empty.
Please help the VIP win Patti.
Pattie K is a mean lady she reminds me of Ken G they are both real mean!!!!!!!!!!
She back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

This one's for all the folks posting from Forest Park:

Promises made, promises kept?

Apparently NOT to the Illinois Comptroller...2010 TIF reports were supposed to be submitted to them by mid February.

Still not received as of early March.

What do those bad boys contain that they are being kept under wraps until after the election?(At least that's the word from an affected taxing body.)
She back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Now, for more on the library district referendum front.

Pros: Library would be safe from being arbitrarily shut down by VOL, as almost happened last December, when a certain Trustee tried to convince the VOL Board to not approve the library's tax levy.
Library would also receive it's property tax and PPRT $$ on time.

Cons: Certain costs will be added and if taxes do not increase then money for services will be reduced.
Easier to increase tax rate.
Possibility of a merger withanother library district - no public input required.

Guess it all boils down to who do we the taxpayers trust. We know the way the VOL players think and act. Not so much for the library board, although their standing up the taxpayers Saturday was not a good sign. So here is a link that illustrates the thinking of the library board president and reputed driving force behind the become a district campaign:

http://chicagoheights.patch.com/articles/park...

We provide, you decide!
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Oh dear Pierce, we did it your way, we followed the rules so stop with the evil stares.I did say I was sorry for not knowing the rules.
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Dear mean old man, sorry for hurting your eardrums!!!! I promise no more. I made some changes just for you.... YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS
change is coming

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Sean yes they did leave a sign out front and yes I did throw it away put it in the trash where it belongs! Also Getty's trustees don't say much either last board meeting was 15 minutes! His trustees all look at him for his stamp of approval before they can say or do anything! This election day change is coming we're going to elect the VIP party Wisneski, Mendlik, Gatz, Graunke, and Johnson. Its time to send the insurance kid back to his parents shop!!!
Lent

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Matthew 26:20-26:23

Matthew 26:20-23, "Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
Village of Dullsville

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

The bible also states you should love your godly father more then your earthly father and do whats right in the eyes of god not in the eyes of a negative father
Village of Dullsville

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Thank You to that person who told me what was going on and what was being said,and for directing me to this forum.
Village of Dullsville

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I honestly thought the Mayor was a nice young man until I was directed to this forum. It has to be the love for his father that has him doing all these things that some people dont agree with. Its got to be the direction from his father.
She back

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Comparing a political wannabe to Christ? One of the Forest Park True believers must have been imbibing communion wine.
She back

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

One inconvenient point here: we the taxpayers know nothing about how UCP has been managing VOL finances since they took "control" back in 2011, because the audit and TIF reports for 2011, due last summer, were never submitted to the Illinois Comptroller.

We DO know:

- bringing VOL up to date on statutory financial reporting requirements did not appear to be high on UCP's to do list...until the Illinois Comptroller delivered a KITA last fall.

- VOL has run without a current budget approved in a timely fashion (that is, before or early on in the current FY) since 2012, and the 2011 budget was approved late 2010...BEFORE UCP "took control"

- the current administration has failed to meet the agrred-upon Comptroller's deadline of mid-February for completion and submission of the TIF reports for 2010.

What's a voter to do? Good decisions rest upon reliable and complete information, something Trustees and taxpayers seem to have a hard time obtaining under UCP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,401 - 6,420 of8,165
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westchester Discussions

Search the Westchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 2 hr momma knowz best 1,057
Davies Tax Bills (Jul '13) 2 hr Jack 19
Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) 5 hr Nogods 37
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,668
Archaic tax formula leaves most suburbs wanting... 14 hr Tom 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 15 hr In Your Face 64
Pets rescued from Villa Park fire Tue lalaland 1
•••
•••
•••
Westchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westchester Jobs

•••