lyons, il politics
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

#6633 Mar 10, 2013
PleasePattiK wrote:
I wish PattiK was on the ballot again, sadly the VIP don't have a chance for the president without her at the top of the ticket. First PattieW picks a former male stripper as a clerk candidate and a trustee candidate who owns a strip club in McCook. Once they leave her she replaces them with people who have done zero for this town and never speak up at VIllage Board meetings. I have never seen these people on the Channel 6.
PattiK please run as a Write-In. Poor Dick Gatz and Mr. Graunke are doing all of the work for her. I have seen them in my neighborhood the past two days and even gave me a VIP sign for my window. I drive past your house today and you don't have nothing for your party up. How do you expect me to support you when you aren;t helping with nothing, not even a sign.
I want to see all the VIP people take over the offices, but I cant vote for someone who isn't a leader. I don't like the Getty's, but he is always in the neighborhood talking to people. If you don't run PattiK I will be leaving that spot empty.
Please help the VIP win Patti.
Pattie K is a mean lady she reminds me of Ken G they are both real mean!!!!!!!!!!
She back

United States

#6634 Mar 10, 2013
This one's for all the folks posting from Forest Park:

Promises made, promises kept?

Apparently NOT to the Illinois Comptroller...2010 TIF reports were supposed to be submitted to them by mid February.

Still not received as of early March.

What do those bad boys contain that they are being kept under wraps until after the election?(At least that's the word from an affected taxing body.)
She back

United States

#6635 Mar 10, 2013
Now, for more on the library district referendum front.

Pros: Library would be safe from being arbitrarily shut down by VOL, as almost happened last December, when a certain Trustee tried to convince the VOL Board to not approve the library's tax levy.
Library would also receive it's property tax and PPRT $$ on time.

Cons: Certain costs will be added and if taxes do not increase then money for services will be reduced.
Easier to increase tax rate.
Possibility of a merger withanother library district - no public input required.

Guess it all boils down to who do we the taxpayers trust. We know the way the VOL players think and act. Not so much for the library board, although their standing up the taxpayers Saturday was not a good sign. So here is a link that illustrates the thinking of the library board president and reputed driving force behind the become a district campaign:

http://chicagoheights.patch.com/articles/park...

We provide, you decide!
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

#6636 Mar 10, 2013
Oh dear Pierce, we did it your way, we followed the rules so stop with the evil stares.I did say I was sorry for not knowing the rules.
Village of Dullsville

Kankakee, IL

#6637 Mar 10, 2013
Dear mean old man, sorry for hurting your eardrums!!!! I promise no more. I made some changes just for you.... YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS
change is coming

Berwyn, IL

#6638 Mar 10, 2013
Sean yes they did leave a sign out front and yes I did throw it away put it in the trash where it belongs! Also Getty's trustees don't say much either last board meeting was 15 minutes! His trustees all look at him for his stamp of approval before they can say or do anything! This election day change is coming we're going to elect the VIP party Wisneski, Mendlik, Gatz, Graunke, and Johnson. Its time to send the insurance kid back to his parents shop!!!
Lent

Forest Park, IL

#6639 Mar 10, 2013
Matthew 26:20-26:23

Matthew 26:20-23, "Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I? And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
Village of Dullsville

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6640 Mar 10, 2013
The bible also states you should love your godly father more then your earthly father and do whats right in the eyes of god not in the eyes of a negative father
Village of Dullsville

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6641 Mar 10, 2013
Thank You to that person who told me what was going on and what was being said,and for directing me to this forum.
Village of Dullsville

Glen Ellyn, IL

#6642 Mar 10, 2013
I honestly thought the Mayor was a nice young man until I was directed to this forum. It has to be the love for his father that has him doing all these things that some people dont agree with. Its got to be the direction from his father.
She back

United States

#6643 Mar 11, 2013
Comparing a political wannabe to Christ? One of the Forest Park True believers must have been imbibing communion wine.
She back

United States

#6644 Mar 11, 2013
One inconvenient point here: we the taxpayers know nothing about how UCP has been managing VOL finances since they took "control" back in 2011, because the audit and TIF reports for 2011, due last summer, were never submitted to the Illinois Comptroller.

We DO know:

- bringing VOL up to date on statutory financial reporting requirements did not appear to be high on UCP's to do list...until the Illinois Comptroller delivered a KITA last fall.

- VOL has run without a current budget approved in a timely fashion (that is, before or early on in the current FY) since 2012, and the 2011 budget was approved late 2010...BEFORE UCP "took control"

- the current administration has failed to meet the agrred-upon Comptroller's deadline of mid-February for completion and submission of the TIF reports for 2010.

What's a voter to do? Good decisions rest upon reliable and complete information, something Trustees and taxpayers seem to have a hard time obtaining under UCP.
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6645 Mar 11, 2013
Fun Stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
just knew you would respond...it worked. Did you really think
I didn't know the difference?
Look it up on Google...save your self a few dollars in attorney
fees for starters.
Actually, I really did think you didn't know the difference. And, I didn't have to "Google" it or ask an attorney to know.
Forest Park

Forest Park, IL

#6646 Mar 11, 2013
She back wrote:
Comparing a political wannabe to Christ? One of the Forest Park True believers must have been imbibing communion wine.
Who said it was meant for a politicians? Stop assuming and speculating, your best traits.
Another Stool

La Grange Park, IL

#6647 Mar 11, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as my mentioning the refusal of the Village Finance committee to recommend that the Board promptly refund Mr. Gatz' money, THEY made it public at their meeting. And I think we the taxpayers have a right to know what our elected and appointed officials are doing "in our name and on our behalf"..
Oh, the meeting where the audit was reviewed and the debt outlined. The one you said you did not attend.

An out of body experience during the one hour of discussion on the audit? And no comment at all at the time on the debt.

By the way, more information was presented and ALL trustees (particularly both of the Patti's grilled your favorite enemy). They had there questions answered, you come up with dribble on raiding the water fund. Go read the budgets, transfers have been made from the water fund for its costs for years.
She back

United States

#6648 Mar 11, 2013
Another Stool wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the meeting where the audit was reviewed and the debt outlined. The one you said you did not attend.
An out of body experience during the one hour of discussion on the audit? And no comment at all at the time on the debt.
By the way, more information was presented and ALL trustees (particularly both of the Patti's grilled your favorite enemy). They had there questions answered, you come up with dribble on raiding the water fund. Go read the budgets, transfers have been made from the water fund for its costs for years.
The meeting where Gatz's refund was postponed was NOT the one where the audit was reviewed in depth. And in regards to Pattie's question about the $106,000 appearing in two places on the 2010 version of the 2009 water expense figures, with no corresponding adjustments to totals, but only once, under Operating Expenses - Other, in the original 2009 document, it was Mr. Denys who said that he made a change. I only requested to review the underlying documents that supported his adjustment...No dribble, no raiding. And even he admits, in his Management D&A, that water and garbage administration fees to General Fund were raised. How or why is it "dribble" to ask when and by whom was this increase authorized? And just because something has been done for years, doesn't confer legitimacy upon it.

The only dribble I'm detecting is the never ending stream of excuses constantly spewing forth when citizens and taxpayers ask legitimate questions about VOL finances. If things were on the up and up, the underlying documents should be available for inspection, without question...in fact, they should have been provided to the Trustees and every adjustment reviewed and approved BEFORE submitting the audit to the Comptroller. So the Trustees knew what they were voting on, you know...
Forest Park Resident

Forest Park, IL

#6649 Mar 11, 2013

She Back:

Maybe if you had paid attention to the finances instead of
hours upon hours of babbling about contaminated land, people would believe you.

Flip Flop is all you do, just read where you are taking it out
on religion. That is one slope you don't want to go down in this
town. For all its faults, and political bickering they take religion seriously. Unless you are professing to be a non believer.
By the way you accuse everyone of wrongdoing, seems you could use
a bit of God's blessing.
She back

United States

#6650 Mar 11, 2013
My, my, my, don't tell lies...sez the SEC to the State of Illinois guys:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2013/03/se...
Shiner

Forest Park, IL

#6651 Mar 12, 2013
"The finding of securities fraud doesn't subject Illinois to any fines or penalties, but it amounts to another fiscal black eye for a state burdened by the worst bond rating in the country and completely underwater by inaction in solving its $96 billion pension crisis."
New School

Forest Park, IL

#6652 Mar 12, 2013

forget all that tif stuff and enjoy the
New Kids.

Turn up the volume.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cicero child rapist Patrick Bruno 3 hr shawna bruno 1
Salvi still selling cocaine out of in-laws in W... 8 hr God 4
bond forfeiture Greg Salvi 10 hr WILDBILL 11
News Crestwood Motorcyclist Dies in Worth Accident (Aug '08) 10 hr Steve M 915
News Mayors give south suburbs a strong voice on tol... 20 hr with 2
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Thu DOMINGUEZ 1,541
News Comcast in Elmhurst Hiring 200 Employees for Ne... Thu Joe 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westchester Mortgages