Real Issue

Forest Park, IL

#6476 Feb 24, 2013
http://joliet.patch.com/articles/illinois-boy...

Maybe the real truth about child sexual abuse and
wife beating should come out in the paper...and then posted on this message board.

We need an outreach program for youths...a place
where they can feel comfortable in talking about real life circumstances. Why is it swept under
the table in this town..WHY ????

She back

United States

#6477 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue wrote:
http://joliet.patch.com/articl es/illinois-boy-scouts-of-amer ica-secret-perversion-files-se x-abuse
wife beating should come out in the paper...and then posted on this message board.
where they can feel comfortable in talking about real life circumstances. Why is it swept under
VOL has NO money, it seems, for anything but wetting the ever-hungry beaks of members of the "friends and family" plan...BUT, Lyons Township DOES have a Mental Health Commission, that, the last time I looked, had a healthy balance on their books. Our current Village President sits on their board. The Township also has a Committee on Youth. The link below contains the dates when each meets, FYI. What you suggest is - or could be - within the scope of their authority. Why not go and sound them out?

http://www.lyonstownshipil.gov/event-calendar...
She back

United States

#6478 Feb 24, 2013
Tracker,
so where do you stand on Tax Increment Financing and "private" borrowing by local governments?
She back

United States

#6479 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue,

Link below names key players - Commissioners and Executives - in Lyons Township Mental Health Commission:

If you can't move our Village Pres, then try Ron Melka, Executive Director. I know him from way back when - the late 1960's - we attended Morton High School at the same time, and were involved with the Berwyn Cicero YMCA, back in the days when it operated out of a Berwyn storefront on 22nd Street and church basements and ran a teen outreach club for at-risk youth living in the Grant Works neighborhood of Cicero. You may find him very sympathetic to your concerns.
She back

United States

#6480 Feb 24, 2013
http://www.ltmhc.org/about

Oops! Here's the link that should have been in prior post.
Real Issue

Forest Park, IL

#6481 Feb 24, 2013
She back wrote:
Real Issue,
Link below names key players - Commissioners and Executives - in Lyons Township Mental Health Commission:
If you can't move our Village Pres, then try Ron Melka, Executive Director. I know him from way back when - the late 1960's - we attended Morton High School at the same time, and were involved with the Berwyn Cicero YMCA, back in the days when it operated out of a Berwyn storefront on 22nd Street and church basements and ran a teen outreach club for at-risk youth living in the Grant Works neighborhood of Cicero. You may find him very sympathetic to your concerns.
You are kidding aren't you ?
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6482 Feb 24, 2013
Joel wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruel and heartless are your comments about Mr. Pluta.
Sorry - no, not cruel and heartless. I knew Jim well when he covered other communities. I am aware of his disability, but that doesn't justify poor journalism. It seems no one takes on difficult issues in the media, these days - just look at the Chicago press. I guess that makes him just one of the same. Plus the fact that Lyons is paying $2,000 per month to write "stories" for his paper - actually campaign ads disguised as stories.
Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

#6483 Feb 24, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Daddy wasn't the one who:
went full speed ahead and borrowed $2.95M dollars (on top of the $2.7M his predecessors stuck us with)for a TIF (that would be TIF 4) with only a few vacant lots and a Culver's (and with average incremental taxes coming in of less than $12,000 per year)and made sure that that debt would be General Obligation - meaning payable from our property taxes;
whose regime - oops, I mean administration - couldn't quite keep up with those pesky statutory requirements, like filing financial reports...annually, of all things, FOIA, Open Meetings Act;
relied on oh-so-private "bank loans" to keep his spending spree "under the radar" and exempt from prying eyes of taxpayers and regulatory agencies...and oh, yeah, investors...
still keeps on keeping on billing us on our water bills for debt retired - or supposed to be retired - last year;
silently added on additional General Fund "administration fees" to the water and garbage fund administration costs already assessed by the General Fund..this would be at the suggestion made back in June 2009 by our Finance Director (but only since May 2011) and all around Financial Wizard, in order to create additional revenue to pay for (then) current and (in 2009) proposed debt. This on top of a rate increase.
Need more? Because there's lots!
BTW, he is NOT "OUR" mayor...he is currently the Village President. Whether he gets another term remains to be seen...and lots can happen between now and April 9th.
She Back: Oh no my good friend, you are sadly mistaken. He is not the Village President, He IS OUR "MAYOR", and not just any old "MAYOR" but a RELATIONSHIP BUILDING MAYOR.(See the recent drible written by "HIMSELF" in the Desplaines Valley News). He's a busy man our Village President,(OOPS, I did it again) I mean our self proclaimed "MAYOR" as seconded by "OUR" taxpayer funded Village Attorneys,telling us all, that yes indeedy, he can proclaim himself "Mayor". Wonder how much we the taxpayers paid for that nugget of "Legal Research." But I digress, those legal dunderheads would proclaim him the "Grand Puh-Bah", or the head "Raccoon" of Ralphie Boy and Ed's Raccoon Lodge, as long as he keeps signing the checks, that we the taxpayers are footing the bill for. So while you and I pay for a monthly publicist, and round the clock ground breaking legal research, our Village President,(OOPS I did it again) our esteemed Village "Mayor" is out Building Relationships. He is not building relationships with the Village Taxpayers, or Village Employee's, but with neighboring Village and State Politicians, so that he can catapult himself to bigger and better things off the backs of the Village of Lyons Taxpayers. The financial state of the Village of Lyons Finances, and the TIF Finances are not his concern. When the money is gone, and we are financed to the hilt, our Village President (OOPS I did it again) our esteemed "Mayor", will not be here to face the music, he hopes to be building relationships up and down I-55. I feel for him, all that pressure and stress, should he drive the BMW or the Corvette!! AAAAHHHH, Let's let the attorneys decide. The Check is in the mail boys!!!!
WTH

Hillside, IL

#6484 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue wrote:
http://joliet.patch.com/articl es/illinois-boy-scouts-of-amer ica-secret-perversion-files-se x-abuse
Exactly what is "being swept under the table"? Since you seem to have intimate knowledge of these things, why aryou posting it on this message board?
Real Issue

Forest Park, IL

#6485 Feb 24, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what is "being swept under the table"? Since you seem to have intimate knowledge of these things, why aryou posting it on this message board?
Ask She Back..she knows !!!!!
Real Issue

Forest Park, IL

#6486 Feb 24, 2013
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry - no, not cruel and heartless. I knew Jim well when he covered other communities. I am aware of his disability, but that doesn't justify poor journalism. It seems no one takes on difficult issues in the media, these days - just look at the Chicago press. I guess that makes him just one of the same. Plus the fact that Lyons is paying $2,000 per month to write "stories" for his paper - actually campaign ads disguised as stories.
Slice it..dice it anyway way you want. Cruel and hurtful comments
about a reporter who does not own the newspaper is wrong.

I have known him for years too ! And he does not deserve to
have his name slandered. MEAN and CRUEL are only words to describe
the accusations.
She back

United States

#6487 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kidding aren't you ?
Actually, no, I wasn't. Posted a serious suggestion to someone I believed just might be validly concerned - silly me, not to have realized that here I was falling for yet another deliberate distraction from uncomfortable (for some) issues at hand, by the Lyons Politics blog's very own self-annointed "Sybil" of handles.

Views From the High Stool

Chicago, IL

#6488 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue wrote:
<quoted text>
the accusations.
Real Issue: That begs the question, who exactly does own the newapaper????
She back

United States

#6489 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue wrote:
<quoted text>
the accusations.
Excuse me, but WTH is entitled to have and express his opinion about Mr. Pluta and the objectivity of his stories since the DVN changed hands...as are you.

But, what entitles YOU to allege that by expressing his opinion, WTH is slandering Mr. Pluta or otherwise making accusations concerning the objectivity of Mr. Pluta's work that are MEAN and CRUEL, as you phrased it? When faced by the demand of an employer or superior to violate one's own personal or professional code of conduct, one can always - as Nancy Reagan put it - Just Say No! Of course, there are always consequences for doing so.

Dangerous path you choose...
Real Issue

Forest Park, IL

#6490 Feb 24, 2013
Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Real Issue: That begs the question, who exactly does own the newapaper????
Ask She Back... sure she can't wait to answer your concerns.
beware

Forest Park, IL

#6492 Feb 24, 2013
Real Issue....Oh! I Know! I Know! Senator and Bridgeview Mayor...Steve Landek. And his press secretary is also Getty's! Lyons taxpayers cost js $2000/mo. Don't know how much Landek pays him? Or should I say Bridgeview residents and all taxpayers in his distruct.
Dr OZ

Westchester, IL

#6493 Feb 24, 2013
Hopeless wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Jimmy Jenks???
The Jenks girls sunk him....
real sybil

Forest Park, IL

#6495 Feb 24, 2013
She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go deal with your own issue(s)...and leave me out of it.
Sooner or later, I'm sure the new owners of the DVM will be revealed, one way or the other.
Leave you out of it, not that fast. You are always attempting to
give your spin on every message left on this blog, and now
when push comes to shove..you want out ! Don't think so.
Ask She-Back

Forest Park, IL

#6497 Feb 24, 2013
You are right about one thing:

You ask and answer your own questions !

OOPS

Forest Park, IL

#6498 Feb 24, 2013
I meant Elizabeth Swann !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathleen Mastrino ARRESTED for Retail Theft! 9 hr God is King 4
River Grove Library (Feb '11) 9 hr Margaret 42
Do you approve of Krzysztof (Kris) Wasowicz as ... (Apr '13) 11 hr Cuban 7
NOCITA rules (Apr '11) 14 hr taco lacoco 23
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... (Jun '14) Sun Juan 31
Lilly Sat Thrillbilly 1
Is it True? Sat BillyBob Joe 2
Westchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:54 am PST

ESPN 6:54AM
Bears fire GM, sources say; Trestman too?
NFL 6:58 AM
Chicago Bears fire Marc Trestman
Bleacher Report 7:23 AM
Bears Right to Clean House; Breaking Down Next Steps
ESPN 7:25 AM
Sources: Bears fire both Emery, Trestman
Yahoo! Sports 7:28 AM
Bills quarterback Orton retires