Comments
5,861 - 5,880 of 8,169 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 12
Cobra

Forest Park, IL

#5981 Dec 6, 2012
She Back wrote:
FYI, the link below is an interview with our new media consultant:
http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/johnwilliams/wg...
Cobra, note that Ray admits that when he was a reporter, he would have spun the Cicero nepotism story a different way from how he portrays it as Cicero spokesperson. Anyway, for those interested in an example of what we will be paying $2000 a month for, enjoy...
No need to tell anyone how to do a background check,...glad he has taken the job and I wish him well...

Do not feel there is any need to demean anyone's work, especially
when you have praised his family to me for so many years.

Why did you not post all the awards this man has received?

Enough said...good nite.
She Back

United States

#5982 Dec 6, 2012
Cobra wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to tell anyone how to do a background check,...glad he has taken the job and I wish him well...
Do not feel there is any need to demean anyone's work, especially
when you have praised his family to me for so many years.
Why did you not post all the awards this man has received?
Enough said...good nite.
He is NOT his brother. The public has a right to know what they are paying for. So here's another tidbit on his CV, corroborated by the link below - media consultant to Steve Landek:

http://www.beachwoodreporter.com/politics/fir...

And others can note what his former colleagues in the press say about him...after all, they are in a far better position to judge his conduct professionally than you or I.

But, enough has NOT been said about this expenditure...so I will continue to let in the sunshine.
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5983 Dec 6, 2012
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
He is NOT his brother. The public has a right to know what they are paying for. So here's another tidbit on his CV, corroborated by the link below - media consultant to Steve Landek:
http://www.beachwoodreporter.com/politics/fir...
And others can note what his former colleagues in the press say about him...after all, they are in a far better position to judge his conduct professionally than you or I.
But, enough has NOT been said about this expenditure...so I will continue to let in the sunshine.
You go girl. A lot of us appreciate what you find and share.
Time4YourMedd

Willowbrook, IL

#5984 Dec 6, 2012
Justice1313 wrote:
<quoted text> ***A duty agent for one of the (5) Ill. F.B.I. locations said, "I know about your brother. Several Governors are protecting him. Don't let this be another OJ case. Keep your parents case in the public's eye. Someone WILL help you get justice for your parents. Don't give up." I asked the duty agent, "Is that your job?" He repeated, " Keep your parent's story in the public's eye." He then disconnected the call. He was a soft spoken, black male. I don't have to tell YOU how corrupt Ill. is. Thank you for your advice.
It's time for the Psychotic Sister to take her meds! Your Movie Of The Week story isn't making it to the big screen. You are the family member to spew this fabrication. There's a reason your siblings ignore you, your the "problem child" of the family. I think they need to up your medication or turn up the juice on your electroshock therapy.
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

#5985 Dec 7, 2012
They know it is illegal to spend public money in support of their candidacy. So to circumvent the law, they hire a writer to write "news" articles that are nothing more than thinly veiled political ads. And Jim Pluta has obviously completely sold out his journalistic integrity. I used to respect Jim, but since he is now in bed with the Getty's, I certainly don't.
She Back

United States

#5986 Dec 7, 2012
The link below is the contract between our new media consultant and his firm and the Orland Fire Protection District. I wonder how similiar the contract the VOL just approved is? Where does it differ? Just for example, does the Lyons contract include that automatic renewal clause and allow for 6 weeks "severance" to be paid if/when the contract is cancelled? Did any of the Trustees actually have the opportunity to read the contract before they voted on it? Is a copy available for public inspection? If not now, when?

http://www.orlandfire.org/archives/50/Hanania...

BTW, Cobra, what you consider a background check I consider due diligence.
She Back

United States

#5987 Dec 7, 2012
One year subscription to Des Plaines Valley News, according the their website (linked below) costs $17.00, and is sent by US Mail.

http://www.desplainesvalleynews.com/subscribe...

And they are going to "give away" subscriptions free for one year to any Lyons resident who signs up at the Village Hall? Great way, I guess, to pump up the volume on their circulation numbers. Will the copies still be sent via the USPS (or will they be distributed another way? <G>
FRANCINE

Forest Park, IL

#5988 Dec 7, 2012
Just picked up a copy of the newly revised DesPlaines Valley News. Find the new format very impressive and informative.

Mayor stated at the televised meeting Dec. 5, 2012 that 1,000 'FREE'(one year) subscriptions to the paper would be available to those who choose to fill out a card at the Village Hall.
Faith

Chicago, IL

#5990 Dec 7, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Put a sock in it! You are preaching to the wrong group. And, since you seem to have firsthand knowledge and proof, have you personally approached the Feds? After all, if what you say is true there is probably a federal charge in there.
That was rude,
what if that was your parents
FRANCINE

Forest Park, IL

#5991 Dec 7, 2012
Please address your information to the public..and
leave me out of the picture.

Call the Village Hall with your complaints. I am not
interested.
Faith

Chicago, IL

#5992 Dec 7, 2012
My family is divided, half say they are going to vote for UCP the other half say they are not, as for me with all the negative info I have learned, I am not, they just seem shady
Just Great

Forest Park, IL

#5993 Dec 7, 2012
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
So the born again DPVN is just going to write off $17,000 in revenue as well as eat the postage to mail out 12,000 newspapers out of what motivation? Their goodwill Christmas gift to the Village?
And how many non-Senior Club, non-politically involved residents will even be aware of this offer? Seems a bit selective from the getgo as to who partakes. Because, as of 2 seconds ago, there is NOTHING about this offer under news & press releases on the homepage of the Village Website...But from what I heard, they were already signing Ken's seniors up yesterday at their meeting.
is there anything on the village web site that is current? i think the last time i looked it was the movie in the park. I think the village had a tree decorating thing last week or so - was there any information anywhere about this/
Faith

Chicago, IL

#5994 Dec 8, 2012
FRANCINE wrote:
Please address your information to the public..and
leave me out of the picture.
Call the Village Hall with your complaints. I am not
interested.
SASSY!!!!!
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5996 Dec 9, 2012
She Back wrote:
To the public:
I dropped by the Lyons Library Saturday afternoon to return some books and just happened to glance at their latest copy of the Desplaines Valley News, incidentally dated the last week of November. Several articles on Lyons - including a column by our Village Presidrent! But no listings for VOL or Lyons under the community calender/upcoming events section at all, at all.
What was also interesting was that the paper is no longer published by Heritage Media Services; the publisher is now Southwest Community Publishing Company, a brand new entity incorporated (according to the Illinois Secretary of State's website) August 10, 2012. The SoS file lists an agent - Attorney Thomas Lynch of Hickory Hills, but no president or secretary for the new publishing company. This is unlike the file for the previous publisher, Heritage, which lists not only the agent, but also the two afore-mentioned officers (all Mary Jo Noonan).
Have heard 2 different rumors about the actual identity of the owner(s) of the new publisher; since we the taxpayers will be forking over $24,000 a year to the new media consultant - or in excess of $2 per resident - to place articles and press releases in this newspaper only, being nosy, I sure would like to know WHO is currently in control of the Desplaines Valley News and that there are no questionable ties involved to agendas that may not be consistant with the best interests of we the taxpayers of Lyons.
It sure does stink more and more!
FRANCINE

Forest Park, IL

#5997 Dec 9, 2012
Current copy of new edition to the Desplaines Valley News:

``` December 6, 2012 ```

Meeting was December 5, 2012, when it was announced
that the paper would be expanded and under new
management.

Invest 35 cents and get current news!
She Back

United States

#5998 Dec 9, 2012
November issue identified new publisher, just did't trumpet it out. Question is, exactly WHO is the new management? Can't get that info, it seems, by spending 35 cents. Are Notice of the budget meeting and hearing included? I guess I can wait to find out until the Library receives their copy.
She Back

United States

#5999 Dec 10, 2012
Financials for our Library copied from their 2011 Report (available on their website)

Lyons Public Library
Managementís Discussion and Analysis (Continued)
December 31, 2011
2011 2010
Revenues
Charges for Services $ 20,318 $ 22,631
Grants and Donations 12,504 11,173
Property Taxes 668,785 566,418
Replacement Taxes 6,715 7,620
Interest Income 724 475
Miscellaneous 222 2,544
Total Revenues 709,268 610,861

Expenses
Library Services 430,265 419,491
Debt - Interest 10,811 11,263
Depreciation Expense 97,109 90,717
Total Expenses 538,185 521,471

Increase in Net Assets$ 171,083 $ 89,390

Please note that in 2011 they received property tax revenue of $ 668,785. Someone was kind enough to furnish a copy of Ordinance Number 12-05-12-06, which was the Ordinance voted upon by the VOL Board authorizing the Library levy.

Trustee Grace and others during discussion of this Ordinance described the increase in the levy as being 5% over the previous year; however, the actual amount of the requested levy in the Ordinance is $ 670,800, which is a 0.3%- NOT 5%- increase in the amount of property taxes COLLECTED by the Library the previous year.

And remember, the amount COLLECTED is almost ALWAYS less than what was levied.

I just got off the phone with David Orr's office to confirm what the consequences would be if the Village failed to pass the Library levy by the deadline of the last Tuesday in December. The library would have received NO property money at all next year!

As a taxpayer, I take a very dim view of playing political football with our Library; however, when a Trustee relies upon a figure that is inflated by an order of magnitude to endorse a course of action that wouild have very serious consequences to the community, I am appalled. At the very least, Trustee Grace owes Mr. Powers, Trustee Kriha, the Library, and the taxpayers an apology for his misrepresentation of the levy request.

I am also disappointed that Mr. Denys, who we can assume is NOT mathmatically challenged, did not correct the Trustee before the vote.
She Back

United States

#6000 Dec 10, 2012
Once again, Topix messes with formatting in posts. In the above post, the first value represents 2011, the second, 2010 for each catagory. So...in 2011, the Lyons library received $668,785 in property tax revenue, and in 2010,$566,418. Sorry for the work it will take to sort out the rest of the numbers!
Kes

United States

#6001 Dec 10, 2012
She Back wrote:
Once again, Topix messes with formatting in posts. In the above post, the first value represents 2011, the second, 2010 for each catagory. So...in 2011, the Lyons library received $668,785 in property tax revenue, and in 2010,$566,418. Sorry for the work it will take to sort out the rest of the numbers!
Thank You!!!!!
worried in Lyons

United States

#6002 Dec 10, 2012
She's Back...Thank you! We learn more from you than the finance guy and mayor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 58 min Huh 43
Look what Tay-Lard Fox said about Huck Finn wai... 1 hr Patrice 2
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Big Hurt Brew Pub 6 hr angry dad 9
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 10 hr reliable supplier 1
15th ave bookstore (Apr '09) 11 hr Covenant6080 103
body to body massage in abu dhabi 14 hr sammer 1
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••