She Back

United States

#5961 Dec 3, 2012
Just asking wrote:
Will notification of this temporary Library Director
position be posted??
http://www.railslibraries.info/jobs/20120927/...
Is he temporary or permanent ?
Today is December 3rd...that job notification is dated September 27th. So your question would appear to be rather stale, wouldn't it?

As to notifications of this and other topics being posted - or not - by the library, just contact the Library Board President Denise Wills (email address is in the job notification), and let your voice be heard, or comment at the next Library Board meeting.

Your vigilance is appreciated.
Books

Forest Park, IL

#5962 Dec 3, 2012

Question is in reference to ""when will the permanent job for Library Director be posted?""

Job was posted when the former Librarian was put on Admin leave..
so, if a decision to let her go was pending, why did the job
application get posted the very next day...

Not here to investigate or instigate..but something is wrong
with this picture.

Why on earth would I expect a straight answer from anyone when
the information for the meeting was incorrect, not one time but twice.

Seems as tho, the "Library board" should be answering these concerns to the public... after all, they are the ones who want
to make the Library a District !!!
Maybe the Library Board should think of televising their meetings.

Funny none of the former Mayors of town ever once mentioned that
Lyons Library should be a District..none, not one...not ever..
so why now ???
Books

Forest Park, IL

#5963 Dec 3, 2012
I am not saying that the current Mayor is advocating
this issue....but do know that the Lyons Library Board is scheduled to speak at the next Village Meeting... should be interesting...

It is posted on the window of the hall...
Books

Forest Park, IL

#5964 Dec 3, 2012
http://www.lincolntrail.info/consultresources...

This handbook answers many if not all concerns..good
idea to read it and be prepared ...it was posted
a couple of months back..

Correction: Agenda should be posted this evening ..
don't want to mislead.
JUST ME

Forest Park, IL

#5965 Dec 4, 2012
Dont Count On That wrote:
<quoted text>
They need more voters, not just you. Not everyone thinks they are great. Gatz is a Turn Coat, Jenks not running.Smart man. Pattie has done nothing for all the years she has been on the board. Getty is the best candidate for Mayor. Don't like it, Get out of Dodge.
and that is the point, if you don't go along with the Gettys, you have to move, get out of town.......isn't that nice! Think before you vote, do you still want this kind of people in office running our town?
Mary

United States

#5966 Dec 4, 2012
JUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is the point, if you don't go along with the Gettys, you have to move, get out of town.......isn't that nice! Think before you vote, do you still want this kind of people in office running our town?
That is why l am not voting for that party.
Mary

United States

#5967 Dec 4, 2012
Dont Count On That wrote:
<quoted text>
They need more voters, not just you. Not everyone thinks they are great. Gatz is a Turn Coat, Jenks not running.Smart man. Pattie has done nothing for all the years she has been on the board. Getty is the best candidate for Mayor. Don't like it, Get out of Dodge.
Condescending remark.
RU Kidding Me

Willowbrook, IL

#5968 Dec 5, 2012
$2000.00 a month for a Media Consultant to submit articles! Are you kidding me?! Aka, "Minister of Propaganda"!
She Back

United States

#5969 Dec 6, 2012
RU Kidding Me wrote:
$2000.00 a month for a Media Consultant to submit articles! Are you kidding me?! Aka, "Minister of Propaganda"!
Media consultant is Ray Hanania, former reporter, viewed by his former colleagues in the press as having gone over to the dark side of the force, as he is currently pr cleanser in chief for Larry Domineck, Orland Park, and others. The bit about him submitting articles and press releases to the Des Plaines Valley and the "free subscriptions for a year to Lyons residents" was almost Rod-like golden. Say what you will, the ingenuity of some elected officials in applying public funds to support their own ends is certainly entertaining. But why, since our Village POresident has a degree in corporate communications, is it necessary to fork over 2 grand a month for this? Didn't they cover things like press releases and preparing statements, background information and fact sheets in the corporate communications curriculum? And here I thought that REPORTERS - not PR flacks - generally wrote articles. For free, even. Silly me!

So we the taxpayers - one notwithstanding - get to PAY for Mr. Hanania to polish up the public image of those in power...right before the election? How special. Now all we have to figure out is what's in it for the Des Plaines Valley News. And how much does a subscription to THAT normally cost?(Because we can read it at the Library for free).
She Back

United States

#5970 Dec 6, 2012
One question for Trustee Grace: why are you so concerned about the Library levy asking for the max allowable increase, but oblivious to the VOL continuing to charge residents and businesses on every water bill for bonds that were paid off in full last May?

Let's do the math: The Lyons Library received property tax money of $668,785 in 2011 (representing 2010 taxes). The full 5% increase - which as Mr. Denys pointed out, is extremely unlikely to be extended due to the tax cap (Thanks, Dan!)- would amount to an increase of $33,439.25, or about $3 extra per resident.

The VOL collected $5,018,769 in property taxes for 2010, or 7.5 times the library amount. So if the Village wanted to be "good" to we the taxpayers and only raise their levy 2%, the amount we pay would increase by over $100,000, or $10 per resident.

The VOL property tax levy increased in the decade between 2000 and 2010 by over 88%. The VOL has tens of millions of dollars in debt, a substantial portion guaranteed by AUTOMATIC increases in property taxes if other funds are insufficient to make payments. The library, on the other hand, has $250,000 in debt, re-payable at about $20,000 per year.

So thank you to the Trustees who voted to approve the Library Levy. There are many in this village who value our Library, and do not particularly want to see it being used to play political football. Some of us already know who pressured the Trustees in the Finance Meeting to vote against the Library levy. How long do you think anything can stay a secret in this small a town?
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5971 Dec 6, 2012
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Media consultant is Ray Hanania, former reporter, viewed by his former colleagues in the press as having gone over to the dark side of the force, as he is currently pr cleanser in chief for Larry Domineck, Orland Park, and others. The bit about him submitting articles and press releases to the Des Plaines Valley and the "free subscriptions for a year to Lyons residents" was almost Rod-like golden. Say what you will, the ingenuity of some elected officials in applying public funds to support their own ends is certainly entertaining. But why, since our Village POresident has a degree in corporate communications, is it necessary to fork over 2 grand a month for this? Didn't they cover things like press releases and preparing statements, background information and fact sheets in the corporate communications curriculum? And here I thought that REPORTERS - not PR flacks - generally wrote articles. For free, even. Silly me!
So we the taxpayers - one notwithstanding - get to PAY for Mr. Hanania to polish up the public image of those in power...right before the election? How special. Now all we have to figure out is what's in it for the Des Plaines Valley News. And how much does a subscription to THAT normally cost?(Because we can read it at the Library for free).
Dominiks PR person? Yeah, that's working well, isn't it? But now it all makes sense! All snakes slither together. Can't wait for April's Election. Thanks she back for the info on this!
Cobra

Forest Park, IL

#5972 Dec 6, 2012
Did she tell you that she knows the reporter personally ?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee here we go...she was for him
before she was against him.
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5973 Dec 6, 2012
Cobra wrote:
Smart lady!
She Back

United States

#5974 Dec 6, 2012
Cobra wrote:
Wrong...again! I know his brother, John. Never met Ray, though. But you go ahead and ask him if he has ever met me...while you are at it, ask him about the money he collected for his wrongful termination suit against Cicero, and maybe he'll even tell you why he's their tame mouthpiece now. You know, as a reporter he was against certain things, now he apologizes for them.
abc

Forest Park, IL

#5975 Dec 6, 2012
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...again! I know his brother, John. Never met Ray, though. But you go ahead and ask him if he has ever met me...while you are at it, ask him about the money he collected for his wrongful termination suit against Cicero, and maybe he'll even tell you why he's their tame mouthpiece now. You know, as a reporter he was against certain things, now he apologizes for them.
...brother ?
What

Forest Park, IL

#5977 Dec 6, 2012
Justice1313 wrote:
Did anyone investigate the double murder of ex-Lyons, Ill. police chief's parents who had been murdered in McCook, Ill.? The Lyons, Ill. Chief DID LIE about having a key to his parents home. He also had CUSTODY, CONTROL and OWNERSHIP of the murder weapons PRIOR to his father being shot TWICE in the abdomen by a full barrel shot gun! The neighboring, McCook, Ill. police Dept. protected the Lyons, Ill. police chief from prosecution. I believe that makes the (2) police departments, "PARTNERS IN CRIME". When this double murder receives a proper investigation by UNBIAS authorities, justice will be served for the seniors who had been SLAUGHTERED by one of their own CHILDREN!
Put a sock in it! You are preaching to the wrong group. And, since you seem to have firsthand knowledge and proof, have you personally approached the Feds? After all, if what you say is true there is probably a federal charge in there.
She Back

United States

#5979 Dec 6, 2012
FYI, the link below is an interview with our new media consultant:

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/johnwilliams/wg...

Cobra, note that Ray admits that when he was a reporter, he would have spun the Cicero nepotism story a different way from how he portrays it as Cicero spokesperson. Anyway, for those interested in an example of what we will be paying $2000 a month for, enjoy...
She Back

United States

#5980 Dec 6, 2012
Just a little more background on our latest $2000 a month guy (read both pages ...and the comments, if you will...they are also interesting):

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/ray-hana...
Cobra

Forest Park, IL

#5981 Dec 6, 2012
She Back wrote:
FYI, the link below is an interview with our new media consultant:
http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/johnwilliams/wg...
Cobra, note that Ray admits that when he was a reporter, he would have spun the Cicero nepotism story a different way from how he portrays it as Cicero spokesperson. Anyway, for those interested in an example of what we will be paying $2000 a month for, enjoy...
No need to tell anyone how to do a background check,...glad he has taken the job and I wish him well...

Do not feel there is any need to demean anyone's work, especially
when you have praised his family to me for so many years.

Why did you not post all the awards this man has received?

Enough said...good nite.
She Back

United States

#5982 Dec 6, 2012
Cobra wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to tell anyone how to do a background check,...glad he has taken the job and I wish him well...
Do not feel there is any need to demean anyone's work, especially
when you have praised his family to me for so many years.
Why did you not post all the awards this man has received?
Enough said...good nite.
He is NOT his brother. The public has a right to know what they are paying for. So here's another tidbit on his CV, corroborated by the link below - media consultant to Steve Landek:

http://www.beachwoodreporter.com/politics/fir...

And others can note what his former colleagues in the press say about him...after all, they are in a far better position to judge his conduct professionally than you or I.

But, enough has NOT been said about this expenditure...so I will continue to let in the sunshine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire issues still burn in Chicago Ridge 4 hr Talk about clueless 2
Man Found Dead At Cicero Peep Show (Aug '07) Thu rico 5
Disco Dave Conrad Mayors choice Thu Mike 9
At least 3 wounded in Chicago shootings Thu reality is a crutch 1
Neal Muller charged in fatal accident (Feb '09) Wed SuckMeOff 14
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) Wed Stewpider 1,286
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) Dec 24 enticeme2u 879
Westchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web