lyons, il politics
Hope 2

Dubuque, IA

#5915 Nov 20, 2012
People are way to sensitive, just live a happy life, and ignore the haters!
Test

Bolingbrook, IL

#5916 Nov 20, 2012
Test
Casablanca

Forest Park, IL

#5917 Nov 21, 2012
Test wrote:
Test
Here's Looking at You Kid !

http://www.infowars.com/cameras-inside-manneq...
Hope 2

Chicago, IL

#5918 Nov 21, 2012
Test wrote:
Test
Huh?
Hope 2

Chicago, IL

#5919 Nov 21, 2012
Hope 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out !
um, ok!!!!!
Hope 2

Chicago, IL

#5920 Nov 21, 2012
Cyber Cruelty wrote:
<quoted text>
For everyone who doesn't get me: It goes mind over matter.
I don't mind and you don't matter !
Then quit complaining!!!!!!
1st Amendment

Forest Park, IL

#5921 Nov 21, 2012
Hope 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Then quit complaining!!!!!!
Huh ??????????
Funny

United States

#5924 Nov 21, 2012
Tango from Saturday Night Live?
Hope 2

United States

#5926 Nov 21, 2012
Yea exactly!!!
Hope 2

United States

#5927 Nov 21, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving Just a Thought, She Back, and to the rest of the people who keep me informed, and keep me entertained, and also thank the Gettys for giving u all somethinig interesting to talk about!!
Thank You

Forest Park, IL

#5928 Nov 22, 2012
THIS IS MY PERSONAL THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE
VILLAGE OF LYONS FOR KEEPING THE VILLAGE IN GOOD SHAPE.

THANK YOU TO THE FIRE DEPT..Police Dept.PUBLIC WORKS.WATER DEPARTMENT..FINANCE DEPT...VILLAGE MANAGER...VILLAGE CLERK...AND TO ALL THE TRUSTEES WHO ALL YEAR LONG WORK TO KEEP LYONS ON TOP OF THINGS.

TO MAYOR GETTY: THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND THE POLITE MANNER IN WHICH YOU DEAL WITH THE WORKINGS OF THE VILLAGE..THANK YOU FOR THE VERY NICE CIRCUS..CAR SHOW..RECOGNIZING THE SCOUTS..TRIMMING THE TREES...KEEPING OUR STREETS CLEAN and for recognizing our "Soldiers" back from
war with a ceremony at the Village Hall.

THANK YOU FOR FINISHING THE PROJECTS THAT WERE STARTED BEFORE YOU TOOK OFFICE. THANK YOU FOR SEEING THAT OUR TAX DOLLARS ARE USED TO KEEP OUR TOWN LOOKING SPIFFY.

THANK YOU FOR THE CONCESSION STAND..THE NEW PARK,
BASKETBALL FIELD..THE HALLOWEEN "BURNING OF THE Ghoul"...for the dedication ceremonies on
Veterans Day and for allowing us to speak after the Finance Meeting if we have a concern. Surely,
I have forgotten so many more accomplishments.

But for today..We the people in Lyons have a very
good reason to be Thankful for it all.

God bless each and everyone of you !
You Forgot

Glen Ellyn, IL

#5929 Nov 22, 2012
The layoffs getting a Ast giving himself a raise, and benefits getting family members and friends jobs, fixing the streets and triming trees right before election.... THANK YOU!
You Are Welcome

Forest Park, IL

#5930 Nov 22, 2012
Thank You wrote:
THIS IS MY PERSONAL THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE
VILLAGE OF LYONS FOR KEEPING THE VILLAGE IN GOOD SHAPE.
THANK YOU TO THE FIRE DEPT..Police Dept.PUBLIC WORKS.WATER DEPARTMENT..FINANCE DEPT...VILLAGE MANAGER...VILLAGE CLERK...AND TO ALL THE TRUSTEES WHO ALL YEAR LONG WORK TO KEEP LYONS ON TOP OF THINGS.
TO MAYOR GETTY: THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND THE POLITE MANNER IN WHICH YOU DEAL WITH THE WORKINGS OF THE VILLAGE..THANK YOU FOR THE VERY NICE CIRCUS..CAR SHOW..RECOGNIZING THE SCOUTS..TRIMMING THE TREES...KEEPING OUR STREETS CLEAN and for recognizing our "Soldiers" back from
war with a ceremony at the Village Hall.
THANK YOU FOR FINISHING THE PROJECTS THAT WERE STARTED BEFORE YOU TOOK OFFICE. THANK YOU FOR SEEING THAT OUR TAX DOLLARS ARE USED TO KEEP OUR TOWN LOOKING SPIFFY.
THANK YOU FOR THE CONCESSION STAND..THE NEW PARK,
BASKETBALL FIELD..THE HALLOWEEN "BURNING OF THE Ghoul"...for the dedication ceremonies on
Veterans Day and for allowing us to speak after the Finance Meeting if we have a concern. Surely,
I have forgotten so many more accomplishments.
But for today..We the people in Lyons have a very
good reason to be Thankful for it all.
God bless each and everyone of you !
All paid for by the citizens of Lyons.
Confused

Aurora, IL

#5931 Nov 22, 2012
Thank you outlines major accomplishments. Do you agree She Back?

I must admit a completed park is far superior to a mound of dirt. And if you said it was contaminated, then getting rid of it is even better.
She Back

United States

#5932 Nov 23, 2012
How about a BIG Thank You to all of the taxpayers - business and residential - that make all of the "accomplishments" (aka normal operations of the VOL) possible?

As for the land the park is built on - IEPA said it was contaminated (hence enrollment on Voluntary Remediation Program) and some - not all - of the contamination was remediated (removed or rendered harmless), the rest was covered with three feet of clean fill, so it is still there.

I'm also thankful for the folks who really make Lyons great: my neighbors, our library and all of the library personnel, the unpaid (and under-appreciated) people who have worked to make VOL better without looking for votes or self-enrichment - think Neighborhood Watch, the Women's Club, the Lions, the Mustangs, our Little League, PTAs, our churches, etc., and friends throughout the VOL.
Thank You

Forest Park, IL

#5933 Nov 23, 2012
She Back wrote:
How about a BIG Thank You to all of the taxpayers - business and residential - that make all of the "accomplishments" (aka normal operations of the VOL) possible?
As for the land the park is built on - IEPA said it was contaminated (hence enrollment on Voluntary Remediation Program) and some - not all - of the contamination was remediated (removed or rendered harmless), the rest was covered with three feet of clean fill, so it is still there.
I'm also thankful for the folks who really make Lyons great: my neighbors, our library and all of the library personnel, the unpaid (and under-appreciated) people who have worked to make VOL better without looking for votes or self-enrichment - think Neighborhood Watch, the Women's Club, the Lions, the Mustangs, our Little League, PTAs, our churches, etc., and friends throughout the VOL.
``Not for Profit`` don't pay taxes !

Not yet...talk in Washington...big changes coming to them...like
tax issues...``big time``...was on the news this very am.

Library is funded by taxpayers...are u for or are u against having a District? You never did say !

If anyone is campaigning it is you...especially since you have
made issues on everyone of the organizations you listed. You forgot
School District 103.

For anyone who is interested in reading this message board for amusement...suggest you start with entry NO. 1 and read on.

Happy Resident

Forest Park, IL

#5934 Nov 23, 2012
She Back wrote:
I love reading these posts. For 291 pages there is constant complaints about the VOL administration not providing services to the community and wasting our money. Now to your own admission the services are being provided and the town is cleaning up, however now it is just no big deal because it is what they are suppossed to do. I remember when nothing was done for us lowely citizens, I called for years about my alley, my trees, and some of the roads. Under this administration I called and guess what all of my problems have been fixed. My raod wasnt replaced, but by patching the pot hole correctly it has held and hey I'll take that for now. My tree in front was trimmed and doesn't hit my house anymore, and the alley was leveled out. I agree that is what they are suppossed to do and it really shouldn't be something to brag about, but when the last guys did nothing for us I learned to appreciate what should be basic. I for one am happy with the changes in town and will not go back. I am quiet and keep to myself, but I don't forget the shaft I got for years.
I live on gage

La Grange, IL

#5935 Nov 25, 2012
I find it bothering when you can commit a crime like Danny brust of 4000 gage he set his car on fire to collect the ins money.He will get away with it cause he isfriends with the mayor ALSO IS INSURED WITH THE GETTY INSURANCE COMPANY
Friend

Cicero, IL

#5936 Nov 26, 2012
I called Danny B.and he says this comment is false. Pepole like to stay anonymous on this blog but they forget or don,t know that they can be taken to court for libel. BEEEEE CAREFULL.
No one

Forest Park, IL

#5938 Nov 27, 2012
Friend wrote:
I called Danny B.and he says this comment is false. Pepole like to stay anonymous on this blog but they forget or don,t know that they can be taken to court for libel. BEEEEE CAREFULL.
just a comment. 1 I am not going to say you are wrong, but think that getty says he didn't do it, either. 2 since anyone can write something using anyones name, it would be hard to prove who wrote it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salvi still selling cocaine out of in-laws in W... 7 hr True facts 55
No more Maria SS Lauretana festival in Berwyn a... Thu rico 11
No more Saganaki in Berwyn! Seneca is closed! Aug 26 Pug 21
Empty lots on 111th (May '12) Aug 25 Zuckerberg Not 34
News Sundance Vacations Will Offer Dream Giveaway Pr... (Sep '12) Aug 25 mmiller 2
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) Aug 24 pailrider 159
Review: My Personal Taxi (May '10) Aug 23 dadriver 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westchester Mortgages