DEWD

Forest Park, IL

#5895 Nov 11, 2012
She Back wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have two independents trying to get on the ballot for VOL Trustee. Very simple solution if nominating petitions are challenged: massive write-in campaign. Lots of work, but much better and far more effective to put energies and funds into write-in campaign than lawyers' pockets and court room. And this is from someone who had to go to the appellate court to get the TIF 3 GO bond referendum on the ballot...But still wondering WHO paid for the multipage glossy mailing sent out under Ken Getty's name (while he was vacationing at Club Fed in CO) a few days before the election that almost doomed the question by putting forth erroneous info about TIFs and claiming a non-existant association with that public policy question, it's proponent and supporters. Sure would like to know...
DBEYR
Sad News

Forest Park, IL

#5896 Nov 15, 2012
John Dolezal (64) from Star Heating passed away.
voter

United States

#5897 Nov 15, 2012
I wonder if pat w is going to run on a ticket of incompetence and ignorance.
Hope 2

Lyons, IL

#5898 Nov 16, 2012
My whole family likes her, so she has all our votes!
voter

Chicago, IL

#5899 Nov 17, 2012
Hope 2 wrote:
My whole family likes her, so she has all our votes!
I like my dog, but I also know he's not qualified to be an elected official.
Voter too

Berwyn, IL

#5900 Nov 17, 2012
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably more qualified than what we have now!
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5901 Nov 17, 2012
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical remark from Ken the Con.
worried in Lyons

Forest Park, IL

#5902 Nov 17, 2012
Voter too wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably more qualified than what we have now!
I agree! Takes no brains to sit up there and vote as told by Master Chris and Ken.
Cyber Cruelty

Forest Park, IL

#5903 Nov 18, 2012

Cyberbullying, cyberstalking are one in the same. Cyberbullying begins by posting statements as fact aimed at discrediting or humiliating a targeted person. It is abuse of electronic communication.

There could be a big lawsuit if anyone decided to contact a lawyer
and sue. This blog or message board, is full of constant cruel
rumors and hatred to damage reputation. There are basic definitions and guidelines to help recognize and cope with what is regarded as abuse of electronic communications.
She Back

United States

#5904 Nov 18, 2012
The link below details water rates for Chicago & suburbs as of 2010 (and before the 2012 Chicago increase to $2.51/1000 gallons.) NOW, the last of our water & sewer bonds - payments for which were added to each Lyons water bill - were paid off in full last May. So why don't our bills reflect that the VOL no longer needs to to make those bond payments. Somehow, from the amounts of the refund checks dispersed over a decade ago when we were billed twice for the bonds - once on every bill and then again on our property taxes when K. Close failed to abate the extension that year - I think we are being billed far in excess of the 50 cent per 1000 gallons increase. Thus far, though, the only explaination from the VOL is that this way they don't have to raise our bills. As a taxpayer, I still wnat to see what we were paying for those bonds on each bill - per 1000 gallons, if that's how the amont was determined - compared to what the increase (and any downstream increases)in cost truly is. I wouldn't have thought that a self-proclaimed transparent Village administration would have a problem with that. But obviously they do.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2241525-41...
Hope 2

United States

#5905 Nov 18, 2012
People ruin their own reputations by their own actions!
Cyber Cruelty

Forest Park, IL

#5906 Nov 18, 2012

Lawyers make a lot of money defending or prosecuting..either
way...someone makes money...and even the person damaged can be compensated for the ignorance of others.
Dukkha

Forest Park, IL

#5907 Nov 18, 2012
some people revel in the misfortune and failures of
others, only to realize that it is their own disappointment in themselves that the need to condemn
others is in them...this is intentional volition in
my beliefs...it has become part of their DNA.

Ah, but there is KARMA !!!
Curious

La Grange Park, IL

#5908 Nov 19, 2012
Hey She Back, where is your report on the 1,000 pages of remediation work? Any smoking guns?
She Back

United States

#5909 Nov 19, 2012
Curious wrote:
Hey She Back, where is your report on the 1,000 pages of remediation work? Any smoking guns?
Still going through the pile to eliminate pages not within the scope of the request (dumped to pump up the volume on the copying charges, I wonder?)- like years worth of electric bills to the VOL from Reliable, our annual NPDES permits (for storm water release from the entire municipality), which have NOTHING to do with the FOIA request for billing/invoices for the remediation/assessment of the contaminated land (all of it - not just that in TIF 4 - including land under/surrounding the Village Hall and in Smith Park). Will definitely be providing updates after some concerned citizens and I digest the pertinent records, and make sure that all records pertaining to the scope of the request were in fact provided.

Anyone check out the Sun Times article on the Berrios clan?
Hope 2

United States

#5910 Nov 19, 2012
Cyber Cruelty wrote:
Lawyers make a lot of money defending or prosecuting..either
way...someone makes money...and even the person damaged can be compensated for the ignorance of others.
Take it down a notch..... your way to dramatic!!!!!!
Hope 2

Lyons, IL

#5911 Nov 19, 2012
Dukkha wrote:
some people revel in the misfortune and failures of
others, only to realize that it is their own disappointment in themselves that the need to condemn
others is in them...this is intentional volition in
my beliefs...it has become part of their DNA.
Ah, but there is KARMA !!!
You need to take it down a few notches cause your even more dramatic then ?
Hope 3

Forest Park, IL

#5912 Nov 20, 2012
Hope 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Take it down a notch..... your way to dramatic!!!!!!
What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out !
Cyber Cruelty

Forest Park, IL

#5913 Nov 20, 2012
Hope 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Take it down a notch..... your way to dramatic!!!!!!
For everyone who doesn't get me: It goes mind over matter.
I don't mind and you don't matter !

News

Forest Park, IL

#5914 Nov 20, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 43 min Resident 1,490
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 1 hr Ken 553
News EEOC: Papa T's workers harassed (Oct '10) 3 hr Datruthhurts 29
moody 7 hr A Senior 2
Cant believe there are morons who still paid o... 8 hr mike_b 1
Moody's Big Red Fire Truck (Aug '13) 9 hr No free lunch 28
Edward Moody (Mar '14) 22 hr Mark S 11
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE