What is it with these people refusing to get rid of standing water?

Posted in the Westchester Forum

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2013
Resident

Cicero, IL

#1 Jun 23, 2013
It appears that people in Cicero, even in the Boulevard Manor neighborhood, are refusing to get rid of standing water, which is breeding grounds for mosquitoes. As everyone knows by now, mosquitoes are oh so totally irritating. Their pesky whine, and not to mention their bites that swell and itch like crazy! And of course, the dreaded West Nile Virus, which is transmitted by those same pesky mosquitoes. Just a couple of weeks ago, I took a walk through Boulevard Manor, which is where I live, and was shocked at how many garbage cans, yard compost bins, and such, were not only full of standing water, but even allready had mosquitoes swarming around and breeding in them, too. And I actually drained several of those garbage cans by gently laying them over sideways so the water flows out.(Don't worry, I put all the garbage back into those cans afterwards, plus I righted the cans after draining the water from them.) It also appears the ones that had the standing water in them had either broken/busted lids, or no lids at all. Those lids are very important in keeping rain and water out of the garbage cans, in turn denying those mosquitoes, which carry irritating and horribly itchy bites plus West Nile Virus, a place to breed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 1 hr Huh 43
Look what Tay-Lard Fox said about Huck Finn wai... 2 hr Patrice 2
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Big Hurt Brew Pub 6 hr angry dad 9
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 10 hr reliable supplier 1
15th ave bookstore (Apr '09) 11 hr Covenant6080 103
body to body massage in abu dhabi 14 hr sammer 1
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••