coach Q

Palos Hills, IL

#159 Nov 18, 2012
Yesterday was opening day. Anyone know if Rob showed his face? Was Siegal there? How did things go? How was the turnout?
Disappointed Hockey Mom

Chicago, IL

#160 Nov 19, 2012
I was at Opening Day. Disappointed that he (he knows who he is) did not say anything during his long winded speech. I saw people joking throwing punches while he was talking.
NICE.

Mayor was there.

Everyone acted like everything is OK.

It's not.

Do the right thing means STEP DOWN ADMIT YOUR FAULTS
Da Coach

Chicago, IL

#161 Nov 20, 2012
Sipowicz wrote:
Are we done here?
Not until the chief is gone
Happy Thanksgiving

Chicago, IL

#162 Nov 22, 2012
Be thankful, and here are some things to be thankful for if you are searching:
1. Good health,
2. Family,
3, Having a job,
4. Term limits on the presidency (only 4 more years of Obama),
5. That your not a turkey and didn't have you head choked off
coach Q

Palos Hills, IL

#163 Dec 2, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving wrote:
Be thankful, and here are some things to be thankful for if you are searching:
1. Good health,
2. Family,
3, Having a job,
4. Term limits on the presidency (only 4 more years of Obama),
5. That your not a turkey and didn't have you head choked off
I'd be thankful if they had term limits at SWBH.
I'm thankful I'm not a SWBH coach and the possibility of getting my head choked off!
EdFred coach Q

Chicago Ridge, IL

#164 Dec 2, 2012
coach Q wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be thankful if they had term limits at SWBH.
I'm thankful I'm not a SWBH coach and the possibility of getting my head choked off!
I'm thankful I'm not you!
Joey

United States

#165 Dec 18, 2012
Driving home from work this evening, I hear this news article on the radio about 4 C. R. police officers getting commendations for breaking up a domestic battle. Then here is our beloved police chief saying what a fine job these officers did when they arrived at the home and found the suspect with a choke hold on the victim. Hmmm, where have we seen that before?
I just find this so ironic. Good job to the officers! Wish they were at the rink that day so they could see their chief in action!
This explains everything

Chicago, IL

#166 Jan 6, 2013
What is up with Chicago Ridge government officials' neck fetish? First, the police chief chokes out a person at a charity event, now Gary M. Swiercz, the deputy chief of the Chicago Ridge Fire Department, broke into a female neighbor’s apartment in the south suburb early Saturday wearing a ski mask and carrying a knife, rope, zip ties and duct tape and then threatened to slit her throat. It must be the water, stop drinking the water in Chicago Ridge. The police chief has to be the happiest person in Chicago Ridge, what he did was minor compared to the fire chief.
Hoosier

United States

#167 Jan 21, 2013
Moved out of the ridge a few years back. I wastalking to one of my old neighbors over the weekend and they were filling me in on the local gossip. My kids used to play in the hockey league and it doesn't surprise me that the president flipped out. What surprised me is that he is the police chief. This stuff with the old police chiefs pension and the deputy fire chiefs arrest is incredible. Also found out Siegal is not running and some questions about Pratl stepping
Down from the 218 board.
How can one little suburb have so much drama??
Mindless

Oak Lawn, IL

#168 Jan 21, 2013
What amazes me is that for a small town we have such much stuff on Chicago Ridge Topix...go look at other towns with big issues and their residents don't post on Topix...some people must have nothing better to do then get on here and trash people
Hairy Callahan

Midlothian, IL

#169 Jan 30, 2013
Well Mindless you must have nothing better to do than come on hear and read it. And try to stick up for whomever it is your trying to stick up for. Its not trashing people if its TRUE!!!!!!
Hoosier

United States

#171 Feb 4, 2013
ice it wrote:
Its a terrible shame family bad blood spilled out onto the hockey rink that being said, is the family that arrogant they think that the league cant run without them or that nobody else can be in control because it was started by the father who is dead and gone?? Plenty of leagues were founded by families and legacies die could it he the family keeps such tight control because the money is so good.??? Who keeps the profits?? It certainly doesn't go back to Tue rink that place is falling apart stinky
porta johns the planks ppieced together all
volunteer work where does the money go?? 100
bucks a kid for a jersey? Everything else is
volunteer. Sells equipment too probably at a
mark up...greed and arrogance surround the
family
You've raised some very good questions but don't expect any answers.
BANNED

United States

#172 Mar 15, 2013
So how did the season go? Did the Chief control himself or is he to busy protecting the mall? Is there going to be a tournament for the kids this year? Is there a storm team?
Hockey parent

Oak Forest, IL

#173 Mar 15, 2013
The season went fine. The chief is never there. We will not be hosting a tournament this year. There are 2 storm teams going to Penn Hills, Jr & Sr
Hockey Fan

United States

#174 Apr 22, 2013
How did the storm teams fare in penn hills this weekend ? Who were the coaches?
coach Q

United States

#175 May 23, 2013
May 16, 2013
Travel/Tournament Team Participation Policy
Players registered with Southwest Ball Hockey both currently and from the most recently finished session, are not permitted to play for any outside, non&#8208;Southwest Ball Hockey, ball hockey travel teams. Players that choose to participate for other travel/tournament teams and their parents/legal guardians will be subject to expulsion for a minimum of one year and longer if the Board of Directors sees fit. Expulsion will result in that player and parents/legal guardians not being permitted to attended any Southwest Ball Hockey sanctioned event, including all games, practices, banquets, and not being allowed at SWBH rink for the length of the expulsion. After the expulsion period has ended, the player may request reinstatement in writing to the Board. Exception: Players who have tried out for Southwest Ball Hockey travel/tournament teams and were not selected may choose to play for another travel/tournament team.

This was on the SWBH website. I guess the chief thinks only he controls ball hockey and no one else
Nothing but the best

United States

#176 May 23, 2013
This policy has been in affect for a period of time - this is not a new policy.
Organized Sports

United States

#178 May 23, 2013
There are MANY programs that do not allow this - Palos Baseball - High School Sport Programs - Some travel teams in ICE HOCKEY - rules are never good rules when people don't want to live by them....
Travel coach

United States

#179 Jun 18, 2013
It's not a high school program, it's not a travel program. It's a local rec league and nothing more
Reggie Dunlop

Chicago, IL

#180 Jul 27, 2013
My only gripe with this place is, if your a board member, you shouldnt be a coach OR a ref, and other coaches shouldnt be allowed to ref games in either division. If they can get a volunteer list for the consession stand, make one for being a ref, hold a one day seminar on it to those that volunteer for it so they know the rules. Ive seen other coaches give generous calls or no calls to board members kids or other coaches kids while being a ref. As for the whole Pyznarski/Gapski fued, bury it,let Mr Gapski come back, he was a great coach, and did alot for the league in my opinion, as has Mr Pyznarski and the other board members. This is supposed to be a learning experience for our kids, and if they are learning these things,the fueds, the pissing matches, then the cycle will continue, or we could teach them to leave the egos outside the fence and play hard and play the correct way, and THAT cycle can continue. Its our choice, i say we make the game enjoyable for all who play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Mexicans always have cockroaches? (Apr '13) 8 min WILDBILL 18
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 49,838
Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to han... (Jul '13) 1 hr Dumb 60
Chicago 'Burb Dumping Fire Department Due to Pe... 2 hr Pug 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr LieutenantGov 4,030
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Blwlgo 1,926
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 20 hr Be go e 152
•••
Westchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••