Same guy

Homer Glen, IL

#25 Oct 6, 2012
This guy you speak of has a job that is in the public spotlight. He has a job where we as as citizens should feel safe when he is around. Keep in mind that he had absoulity no business with a game he had nothing to do with other than just enjoying it as a fan.
You are right the man who was choked and called the police did shack the chiefs hand. It was part of the deal that was made so the charges wouldn't go through.
It looks like this chief has a track record now with this program. I as a parent have a right to decide to have my kid be apart of the program. I think that state of the league now a days is a joke. I grew up playing in this league. People took a lot more pride back in the 80's. This is not what I want my kids to see and see it as if fit and "for the kids" program.
I too was at the event that took place. I think everyone could of handle it better. I wasn't playing in the game but was in fact a player. It's a men's ockey game so there is going to be jawing at each other. But what that chief did was stepping over the line. If anyone else in the league did something like that they would have been shown the gate.
Mokena Madman

Burbank, IL

#26 Oct 6, 2012
Has anyone ever tried and explain to an 8 year old child why its ok for a police man to attack another man at a charity event? NOT EASY!! And to make it worse he asked if he carries a gun and can he shoot anyone he wants....

I remember the days when people and kids respected, and looked up to the police. What happened is a great example of why we have lost control.

I feel much safer knowing policemen can attack anyone they want and get away with it..Please call the Mayor!!
Mokena Madman

Burbank, IL

#27 Oct 6, 2012
Forgot to mention that if you google his name (Rob Pyznarski) its clear this is not the first time he's been in the spotlight. Sports Illistrated even....
Bob

Palos Hills, IL

#28 Oct 6, 2012
I'm not sure who ARMS is.
After reading all of this , I'm thinking if I was there and ran to the bench to assault and choke someone , how much would be my bail bond?
screw the program

Midlothian, IL

#29 Oct 6, 2012
This is not the first time this league has had some type of scandel that was created by the current president. The president does not and will not give up being president because he wants to keep the program within the family. Instead of complaining about him, why hasn't someone run against him and get him out? I, too, feel that what he did was so unbelieveably inappropriate because ROB did this while children were sitting on the bench. To allow this man to remain president and doing such things on impressionable kids is wrong. Look at his son, he is following in his fathers footsteps and he, for no apparent reason, went and hit his own family member who had nothing to do with the conflict on the bench. It is just a sad situation in general. There is only one honorable pyznarski and may he RIP! SRP!!!!!
Ignorance is bliss

Chicago, IL

#30 Oct 6, 2012
I too was at the tournament and witnessed the events that happened. Sorry to disappoint some of you but this is not 'heresy' the captain of Chicago Ridge AND president of the league did act completely classless.
Not only were the stands full of children but my friends son was sitting on the bench that Rob came into to assault a player. This little boy admires Rob since he is a hot shot captain and the president and was so shocked that he acted like that. How do you explain to a child that a police officer can lose his temper so easily and attack someone?!
I have known the Pyznarski family for years. But the Pyznarski family I know doesn't hit family members. They don't assault someone half their size. They are caring, classy, stand up people. Rob should try to be more like his late brother Steve. Maybe then there will actually be some integrity and respect in that league. Until then, ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!
I Know

Munster, IN

#32 Oct 6, 2012
My kids were involved with SWBH for years, they are too old to play now. I've always known that there was a cancer in that league and started and stopped with Rob Pyznarski. The man's ego is out of control. He runs that league like a dictator, as soon as someone does something he does't like he runs them out of the league. He has put up puppet presidents before, but Rob was always in complete control. He and all the Pyznarski's would have too completely leave, but is ego would never let that happen and he would probably shut the whole league down before it would ever come to that...Just sad......
Concerned hockey mom

Mokena, IL

#33 Oct 6, 2012
Deputy Dolittle wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob I cant answer who it was benefiting. I believe I saw a flyer that said in order to get into the tournament it was like 250 or 350 per team to enter. Yes there were refs at the game, But they couldn't do much because the Police Chief barged onto the coaches bench so fast.
It was for charity Rob and his wife started to provide meals to
soldiers overseas for Christmas and Thanksgiving.
hmm

United States

#34 Oct 6, 2012
Remove them completely from the league they started? Sounds interesting.
Rex Kwan Do

Chicago, IL

#35 Oct 6, 2012
Future ball hockey tournaments will be replaced by MMA fights for charity. Southwest ball hockey coaches vs Da Ridge police. The charity will be for traumatized children who witnessed the brawl hockey game.
ice it

Chicago, IL

#36 Oct 6, 2012
Its a terrible shame family bad blood spilled out onto the hockey rink that being said, is the family that arrogant they think that the league cant run without them or that nobody else can be in control because it was started by the father who is dead and gone?? Plenty of leagues were founded by families and legacies die could it he the family keeps such tight control because the money is so good.??? Who keeps the profits?? It certainly doesn't go back to Tue rink that place is falling apart stinky porta johns the planks ppieced together all volunteer work where does the money go?? 100 bucks a kid for a jersey? Everything else is volunteer. Sells equipment too probably at a mark up...greed and arrogance surround the family
Sooo

Chicago Ridge, IL

#37 Oct 6, 2012
Corruption is everywhere.
Concerned grandma

Tinley Park, IL

#38 Oct 6, 2012
Deputy Dolittle wrote:
This past weekend was the annual charity event with the police,firemen and coaches to raise money for what i am not sure. What ended up happening was inappropriate and very sad. Chicago Ridge police chief Swore dropping F bombs like it was OK too, barged onto the coaches bench pushed players around and choked a coach trying to get to another guy who happened to be a police officer. over 50 to 75 kids where there to witness him do that as well as parents and grand parents. Funny thing was the person next to me had her video tape running. It ought to make for an interesting viewing if this mess doesn't clear itself up. Police Chief of Chicago Ridge and Southwest Ball hockey President you need to do the right thing and step down because you have no right to be involved with a childrens league. And whoever is the moderator here you can take this down but you cant stop the presses or the media once they have their hands on it. Deputy Dolittle OUT!!!!
Thank you for posting. I too was present with my grandchildren and my grandson saw the police chief go after his beloved coach. I cannot believe people allow him to be voted in time and time again. And of course our hands our tied because he is the police chief and a Pyznarski. Wake up people time to end this. Abuse of power to the max.
hockey mom

Palos Hills, IL

#40 Oct 7, 2012
hmm wrote:
Remove them completely from the league they started? Sounds interesting.
They didn't start the league. The father,Ray was a co-founder and now Rob decides everything! There is no true election of the board. Everyone is appointed by Rob P. People that will do what he says. If you disagree or don't play by his rules,you are banished!
Did anyone ever get a balance sheet on this not for profit organization? Has there ever been open elections? They have some kind of a forum for elections but the "board" has the final say on who gets the positions.Ever wonder how much of the concession stand money gets reported? Hmmm, maybe time for an audit.

Have you ever wondered driving by late at night when nobody is at the rink whose paying the electric bill for all those bright lights? Well, I like to say thank you to the tax payers of Worth township for thier donation to this league.

This league can be a lot of fun for the kids unfortuately it is run by a tyrant who has chased many good people away! People that donated a lot of time have left or been forced out by Rob P.
Nobody is trying to destroy "his" league , he's doing a good enough job on his own!
Rob, stop bullying people and knock off the macho B.S.!!
A hockey parent

Los Angeles, CA

#41 Oct 7, 2012
You are all sick individuals - I have read these posts - you have now brought a deceased individual into this - that man left behind a wife, children and grandchildren - I hope all of you making the calls take your balls and go home because I would HATE for my family or my children to become your next victim. This behavior is deplorable. I am sure many of you are in Church today with your families acting like you have no accountability in any of this - there is a ton of blame to go around - but bringing a deceased man into this makes me ill.
Wow

Chicago, IL

#42 Oct 7, 2012
I regretted coming on to this forum the secon I started reading detective Doolittle and brawls.
But the ultimate low of all of this is not a 'curropt' league or a tyrant. It's slandering a man on the Internet for countless people to read. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Steve Pyznarski die after a tough battle with cancer?? Didn't he leave behind a wife, children, and grandchildren?? And to plaster his name and imply a deceased man is a thief is DISGUSTING!!
I hope the mother of Rob and Steve doesn't see this disgrace of a forum.
ice it

Chicago, IL

#43 Oct 7, 2012
Wow wrote:
I regretted coming on to this forum the secon I started reading detective Doolittle and brawls.
But the ultimate low of all of this is not a 'curropt' league or a tyrant. It's slandering a man on the Internet for countless people to read. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Steve Pyznarski die after a tough battle with cancer?? Didn't he leave behind a wife, children, and grandchildren?? And to plaster his name and imply a deceased man is a thief is DISGUSTING!!
I hope the mother of Rob and Steve doesn't see this disgrace of a forum.
Yet you keep returning...you probably gawk at car crashes too
Mahoney

Chicago, IL

#44 Oct 7, 2012
hockey mom wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't start the league. The father,Ray was a co-founder and now Rob decides everything! There is no true election of the board. Everyone is appointed by Rob P. People that will do what he says. If you disagree or don't play by his rules,you are banished!
Did anyone ever get a balance sheet on this not for profit organization? Has there ever been open elections? They have some kind of a forum for elections but the "board" has the final say on who gets the positions.Ever wonder how much of the concession stand money gets reported? Hmmm, maybe time for an audit.
Have you ever wondered driving by late at night when nobody is at the rink whose paying the electric bill for all those bright lights? Well, I like to say thank you to the tax payers of Worth township for thier donation to this league.
This league can be a lot of fun for the kids unfortuately it is run by a tyrant who has chased many good people away! People that donated a lot of time have left or been forced out by Rob P.
Nobody is trying to destroy "his" league , he's doing a good enough job on his own!
Rob, stop bullying people and knock off the macho B.S.!!
It's funny you mention the bully thing, he is great friends with several trustees, which bully the fine citizens of Chicago Ridge.
Hardcore Holly

Midlothian, IL

#45 Oct 8, 2012
Its funny you all mention him as a bully because he is. And a control freak as well. He thinks he can do whatever he wants and get away with it.
My Back Hurts

Chicago, IL

#46 Oct 8, 2012
The charity event was to pay for Baldermans lawyers who are fighting CR and police pension fund to keep all those great benefits the trustees voted to give him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happen to all the outrage 8 hr splish splach 14
What Happen to the Topic "Meet the candidate Ni... 13 hr say it again 5
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 19 hr Military wife 4
News Willow Springs mayor takes seat on water commis... (May '10) Mon willow 9
Debate: Marijuana - Elmhurst, IL (Sep '10) Sun John 4
Cant believe there are morons who still paid o... Sun rico 2
Peter Tombolato (Jul '13) Sun rico 11
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE