Storm victims displaced; Cicero decla...

Storm victims displaced; Cicero declares State of Emergency

There are 5 comments on the WGN-TV Chicago story from Jul 26, 2010, titled Storm victims displaced; Cicero declares State of Emergency. In it, WGN-TV Chicago reports that:

Following Friday's torrential rains, the towns of Westchester and Cicero have declared their towns disaster areas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGN-TV Chicago.

cicero resident

Lansing, IL

#1 Jul 26, 2010
to al cicero residents,go to the town board meeting tomorrow tues. starts at 10am and stand up and let your voice be heard about this constent sewer/water problem!
Diana Ruiz

Plainfield, IL

#2 Jul 28, 2010
I need help moving, I am still staying in the basement which flooded twice because I have no place to go, the mold and dirt is starting to get me and my kids sick, I went to the town hall and all they said was wait, what else can I do, I seriously need help. I can pay my rent I just need help with a deposite and the stuff I lost. [email protected] if anybody knows how I can get help, I am a cicero resident and this seriously has me thinking about moving back to the dangerous streets of Chicago.
Furious cicero resident

Willowbrook, IL

#3 Jul 31, 2010
I think it's probably time to just get the blazes out of Cicero. Nothing more than a town run by wild dogs who sit on their fat asses as crime spirals out of control, and now they're vowing to "slam the flood gates tightly shut" every time it rains, not even caring if people get 25 feet of sewage in their homes. Perhaps they actually just want to create a new man made lake right here in Cicero.
Furious cicero resident

Willowbrook, IL

#4 Jul 31, 2010
Diana Ruiz wrote:
I am a cicero resident and this seriously has me thinking about moving back to the dangerous streets of Chicago.
Berwyn is better than Cicero. There are some pretty nice apartments in Berwyn that you can stay at. You should also check out Stickney, Forest View, Lyons, and Brookfield.
mickey miguel

Oak Forest, IL

#5 Jul 31, 2010
Unfortunetly mam ,,Due to the fact that your mayor is a corrupt lard ass,What or how can you count on a liar,,I mean look at betty loren ,she's HOMELESS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snack Shack Snack Inn (Jun '10) 3 hr jamie 37
How many cars can a Mexican park on one block 6 hr Fresh and clean 1
Poll What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) 9 hr Louise 53
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 10 hr RIP 1,613
who GEORGE SCHLEYER? (May '12) 14 hr platform 54
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 17 hr Profits Over Lives 8,967
pete venute Fri WILDBILL 24

Westchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance