Who do you support for Sheriff in Ill...
taxpayer jim

United States

#327 Nov 17, 2010
Yes Congrats! i had enough with them jumping beans- you know society would be better off without ILLEGALS. YOU RULE SHERIFF JOE ARPIAO, KEEP IT GOING GET THEM OUT OF ARIZONA FAST!!The dems are ruining everything. Our tax dollars are going to these POS!!! give me a break- you know what just get me a rope. If i lived down there i would have helped Joe day and night to hunt for those scums.I'm pretty sure some of my friends/and families are helping out as well. WAY TO GO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK SHERIFF. real american thanks for the news
taxpayer jim

United States

#328 Nov 17, 2010
Also with that many members on Arpaio team we should be able to crack down on the illegals quicker.Hopefully the illegals heard about this news and are starting to walk back to the rio grande river and into their garbage land! GET OUT!
A real AMERICAN

Shorewood, IL

#329 Nov 17, 2010
Since 2001, illegal aliens in Texas "have qualified for in-state tuition, which offers them a generous discount compared to out-of-state students." The Texas A&M student Senate APPROVED a bill that would END this policy. The Student Body President, however, vetoed it. In-state tuition for illegals MUST END; it raises tuition prices for U.S. students & raises taxes for ALL. PUT AMERICANS FIRST!
A real AMERICAN

Shorewood, IL

#330 Nov 17, 2010
About the NIGHTMARE Act, Rep. Steve King says, "I don't think Harry Reid nor Nancy Pelosi or even Barack Obama understands that the American people have said 'no.' They repudiated the 111th Congress; [the Congressional Democrats] are no longer the legitimized representatives of the American people."
Truth Be Told

Bolingbrook, IL

#331 Nov 17, 2010
A real AMERICAN wrote:
About the NIGHTMARE Act, Rep. Steve King says, "I don't think Harry Reid nor Nancy Pelosi or even Barack Obama understands that the American people have said 'no.' They repudiated the 111th Congress; [the Congressional Democrats] are no longer the legitimized representatives of the American people."
Steve King? Really? You couldn't quote a stupider, more ill-informed, racist in the United States Congress. The quickest way to find out if something is not true is look to see if Steve King said it first. If he did you can bet it's 100% BS. He would deport his own grandmother if it would help get him in front of a microphone.
A real AMERICAN

Shorewood, IL

#332 Nov 17, 2010
Lawmakers in Georgia are considering anti-immigration legislation similar to Arizona's SB1070 as well as a piece of legislation that would ban illegal aliens from attending ALL of Georgia's public colleges & universities. You have our support!!
Panel Mulls Georgia Immigration Law
www.myfoxatlanta.com
Georgia lawmakers are considering tougher laws against illegal immigration, while controversy around a strict new Arizona immigration law continues to swirl. A Georgia House and Senate immigration committee will meet later this week.
Arizona

Shorewood, IL

#334 Nov 18, 2010
Sheriff Joe Arpaio launches his 60th posse in Maricopa County, this one specifically for fighting ILLEGAL immigration. The 56 armed posse members include actors Lou Ferrigno and Steven Seagal among others. Arpaio's posses have been very successful here. Go Sheriff Joe!
Hollywood actors join Arpaio's immigration posse
www.azfamily.com
‎"The Incredible Hulk" star Lou Ferrigno and action-film star Steven Seagal are members of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's posse created to help fight illegal immigration in Arizona.
rider

Marquette, MI

#335 Nov 18, 2010
retired

Chicago, IL

#336 Nov 19, 2010
Kaupas
Lockport cop

Homer Glen, IL

#337 Dec 1, 2010
I thought you said hothead Pete would win hahahahah
buddah

Bolingbrook, IL

#338 Dec 5, 2010
no mo democrats
whatever

Alloway, NJ

#339 Dec 6, 2010
yea
Godcuthimdown

Saint Paul, MN

#340 Dec 28, 2010
Jillian wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to identify myself-what good would that do? Put myself and my children in jeopardy of retribution from his gang? You'd love to see that because that's how they operate: Identify the threat and use any and all means necessary to eliminate it...morals be dam ned.
You sound you're pretty close to the family like I am, but we are just on different sides. I choose to stand for what is ethical and you enjoy the culture of benefitting from their power. We need less people like Pete Piazza and more people like Paul Kaupas.
As one of the previous posters wrote, all of us who know the family can attest to the truth of that timeline. The Piazzas have done nothing to hide their true motivations. Especially after a few beers.
I wonder what happened to Greg Piazza?! Is he a charged criminal for harassing a disabled Vet in Cook County? The word I heard is...YEP!!! See Disabled doesn't mean invalid, since I handed him his ass legally (for corruption), I'd dare him to come physically get his dignity back...TRIPLE DOG DARE!
comsumer

Mokena, IL

#341 Dec 29, 2010
Kaupas put his cousin in a 70k position that is not even necessary. This of course is done post election. Apparently Kaupas does not know hot to speak. He needs his cousin to handle the media. Please........I thought this was will county not crook county. No patranage ever, stop creating positions for family. I don't care if they claim they have not seen each other forever.
I know

Mokena, IL

#342 Dec 29, 2010
comsumer wrote:
Kaupas put his cousin in a 70k position that is not even necessary. This of course is done post election. Apparently Kaupas does not know hot to speak. He needs his cousin to handle the media. Please........I thought this was will county not crook county. No patranage ever, stop creating positions for family. I don't care if they claim they have not seen each other forever.
No one ever claimed that they did not see each other forever. When they were younger yes they didn't.
Ken Kaupas is a retired Capt. from the State police. Paul put him there to replace Pat Barry who retired after the election. He is paid a lot less then Pat Barry. Paul Kaupas has never created a position for any family member. Ken is the only family Paul has ever hired. His daughters were hired after they graduated by another Sheriff, long before Paul even thought about being Sheriff.

As far as talking to the media. Why should he??? They were not very nice during the election to him. Remember he wouldn't let them in the V.F.W. the night of the election. He can trust Ken and thats why he did it. Plus he had the experience from being a Captain on the State Police.
The election is over. He won and he will save money where he can and put people that he trusts aound him.
Quit with the comments about him not knowing how to speak. He has spoken at many functions and towns by people who request him to do it.
May I add he has never prepared a speach because he speaks from his experiences. He is a good guy and I wish everyone could move on.
consumer

Chicago, IL

#343 Dec 30, 2010
Correction, I am saying a person to handle the media for will county is not necessary. If he really wanted to impress us he would have let the person retire from the position and not replace him that saves money, no healthcare, no IMRF. I despise when people are put in political positions because the elected official can "trust" them. To me that simply means keep the mouth shut when required. This relative may be qualified as a police officer but he is not a media expert. Lets keep that straight. Any time any political official puts a member of their family in a position it looks bad. I do not care who you are and what the qualifications are. If this is such an important position their had to be another person not related to him that qualified. I am sure there are plenty of captains that would have loved that job. Did you really say the media was not very nice to him? He is a politician suck it up and move on. You work for the people of will county, not just the ones that are "nice" to you all of them.
consumer

Chicago, IL

#344 Dec 30, 2010
One more thing, did know his daughters worked there too. Not one but two? I read your claim that their Father had nothing to do with this either. Thanks for the info that the daughters also enjoy the taxpayers dime. Perhaps we will call this Kaups county instead of will.
done

Joliet, IL

#345 Dec 30, 2010
consumer wrote:
One more thing, did know his daughters worked there too. Not one but two? I read your claim that their Father had nothing to do with this either. Thanks for the info that the daughters also enjoy the taxpayers dime. Perhaps we will call this Kaups county instead of will.
Does this even matter anymore? Election is over.
I Know

Mokena, IL

#346 Dec 30, 2010
consumer wrote:
Hey Deputy, Get a live! Kaupas County would be fine with me. The daughters were hired when they were 18. One is 36 now and the other 33. Give me a break. One married a Will County sheriff after working there. So there is a son in law too. Big scandle!!!!!

The elections over. Get over it!!!
Maybe Ken Kaupas will run for Sheriff!!! I think he would be GREAT!!
P.S. The daughters work and do a DAMN GOOD JOB. Everyone who works on the department is on the Tax Payers dime.
Plus the Sheriff Salary has been frozen for almost 3 years and will remain that way for the next 4.
He lives with in his budget.
I Know

Mokena, IL

#347 Dec 30, 2010
One more thing.

People have retired and he has not replaced them. Many more are retiring also.
The Sheriff and all county elected officials have had their budgets cut.
Kaupas is the Sheriff and makes the decissions what is best for the department. It is over now. Move on.
If you don't like Kaupas O.K., but he has 4 more years. I believe he will continue to do his best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bragassi 35 min What problems 2
Summit Current Mayor (Jan '17) 38 min Clue me in 21
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr Sharing ls Caring 10,856
Punk hangouts 18 hr Dopey Lobes 1
This forum is sad Wed Well Now 3
Bill Lammel Lied (Nov '16) Wed no lies 40
Even Faster Eddie Needs A Job In November Wed Eddie Lost Big 5

Westchester Jobs

Personal Finance

Westchester Mortgages