Jury in fatal-beating case put in seclusion

Full story: Chicago Tribune

DuPage County jurors deliberating the fate of a former Glen Ellyn stockbroker accused of beating a man to death in a fight over a parking space were sent to a hotel late Tuesday after failing to reach a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of410
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PAM

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 15, 2006
 

Judged:

1

TROY KINDT IS THE SCUM OF THE EARTH AND HAS A LONG RECORD OF VIOLENCE. HE KILLED NICHOLAS ARTMAN WITH FEELING OR REMORSE. IT WAS COLD BLOODED MURDER.
Lydia

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 16, 2006
 

Judged:

1

Regardless of who hit who first, the fact remains that a young man is dead and his family forever altered due to 2 bullies that did not know when to stop. Justice was not served here. I only hope that Kindt does NOT get probation.
Donna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 17, 2006
 
I pray every day that God will take care of Troy Kindt and one day he will but in his own way.
Elizabeth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 17, 2006
 

Judged:

1

Nicholas Artman was a kind young adult who did not deserve this act of violence bestowed upon him. His family will forever feel the pain of this trajic incident. If Troy kindt is set free - there will be more victim's.
I pray to God that our system reconize's this evil act and just is done.
Janice

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 17, 2006
 
Troy did not commit this crime and it was proven that he did not. Anyone that sat in that courtroom would know based on Louis Battistonis’ account and his prior confession that he was outright lying. It is unfortunate that a fight resulted in a murder. However, charges should have been pressed on Anthony Artman for participating in a fight. “Good guys” don’t produce weapons such as a Mag Light and a knife, well at least not the one’s that that I know. Thank god for the justice system. The truth is plain as day.
addison

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 17, 2006
 
It must be true that money can buy anything because that is what troy's dad has benn doing his whole life. I bet this one cost him a bundle
Kevin

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 20, 2006
 
Troyt Kindt is a guilty scumbag who deserves to serve his life in jail justice was not served. He is a liar anda bully who has hid behind daddy's money and illegal contacts for too long. I hope to see him dead just like his victim. For the record Lou Battistonit sucessfully completed a liar detector test as to his testimony. To date Troy Kindt has never done so. Also he has tried to get Lou to lie for him from the beginning of this. Get your story straight. Obviously you are ill advised and naive.
Janice wrote:
Troy did not commit this crime and it was proven that he did not. Anyone that sat in that courtroom would know based on Louis Battistonis’ account and his prior confession that he was outright lying. It is unfortunate that a fight resulted in a murder. However, charges should have been pressed on Anthony Artman for participating in a fight.“Good guys” don’t produce weapons such as a Mag Light and a knife, well at least not the one’s that that I know. Thank god for the justice system. The truth is plain as day.
janet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 20, 2006
 
that scum bag kindt was aquited of murder,i dont believe it.he will get his though....tell ya there is no justice in illinois.
Trish

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 9, 2006
 
I have known Troy all my life and he as always been kind, respectful, and typical boy when growing up. The Kindt's started their business working very hard to get where they are today. All the "boy's", because that's how they all acted that night, were all guilty of fighting. Because of this someone did die. Nobody should be fighting at all and justice has prevailed his innocense. You can send as many ignorant emails as you want, but you can't fight justice. There is a "God" and he chose him to be innocent.
Addison Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 10, 2006
 
Trish wrote:
I have known Troy all my life and he as always been kind, respectful, and typical boy when growing up. The Kindt's started their business working very hard to get where they are today. All the "boy's", because that's how they all acted that night, were all guilty of fighting. Because of this someone did die. Nobody should be fighting at all and justice has prevailed his innocense. You can send as many ignorant emails as you want, but you can't fight justice. There is a "God" and he chose him to be innocent.
You may think you know him...What you know is an act, take it from the people outside of his Family and Family friends, we know what kind of monster this punk is.

A bully and will always be...Why do you think he came back to the scene, to act as a bully.
karolina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 17, 2006
 
PAM wrote:
TROY KINDT IS THE SCUM OF THE EARTH AND HAS A LONG RECORD OF VIOLENCE. HE KILLED NICHOLAS ARTMAN WITH FEELING OR REMORSE. IT WAS COLD BLOODED MURDER.
How cul;d you say that
i Know troy
and he suffer to he got almos 50 stichies on his had
and it was artman brother who bring the flashlight that killed his brother
so why he wasn't charge with anything
he should be charge for hiting troy and bringing murder weapon
karolina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 17, 2006
 
Lydia wrote:
Regardless of who hit who first, the fact remains that a young man is dead and his family forever altered due to 2 bullies that did not know when to stop. Justice was not served here. I only hope that Kindt does NOT get probation.
I hope that after today sentect he will be sent home free
and I am asking were is justice why artman brother who bring morder weapon and sent kind to hospital was not charge with nth
jenna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 17, 2006
 
addison wrote:
It must be true that money can buy anything because that is what troy's dad has benn doing his whole life. I bet this one cost him a bundle
that is not true this situation cost troy to lose his good job that he got by himself
he didn need his father and so many people are jelous that he suced
chicago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 18, 2006
 
Your comment is pointless. It has nothing to do with what happened. By the way it takes hard work to earn money and that is why Troys dad is successful. Troy is also a great person. Justice was served and my prayers go out to the deceased's family. Just know that involving yourself in a fight has consequences, if you are willing to participate then you have to deal w/ the outcome. Unfortunately it lead to a death but that is why there is a court system.
addison wrote:
It must be true that money can buy anything because that is what troy's dad has benn doing his whole life. I bet this one cost him a bundle
anna chicago north side

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 18, 2006
 
Troy is a Handsom young man. That was in a wrong place at wrong time. He was seriously injurded by Artman older brother. And thank's God he is alive. Because it look like people ford=getting that and they forgetting who bring murder weapon.
What happend was wrong but fault is on both side and mostly on Artman Brother.
This people who were supporting Artman familly at court look scary. They were cut on lying so I believe Troy is not Guilty and he was charge wrong with mob action . He shoould be let free.
I feel sorry for Artman Familly because they lost their son father and boyfriend.
Mike - chicago

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 18, 2006
 
addison wrote:
It must be true that money can buy anything because that is what troy's dad has benn doing his whole life. I bet this one cost him a bundle
it's sad that an unfortunate incident like this would even bring up a persons parents finances.obviously he must be doing something right i have two vehicles insured with his agency.
Giovanni

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2006
 
I reallyhate to see a smart young succesful man, go thru all of this. Troy is not guilty in my book, and will remain not guilty.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2006
 
Just a couple ??'s
Would Anthony, whom I am sure is a fine young man, still be alive if:
The blood-alcohol limit was not 3 times legal limits?
2 weapons were not brought into an unarmed altercation?
Nick sought medical assistance, for Anthony, immediately?

Also---
Why wasn't Anthony charged with mob action?
Is there some connection between Birkett & the Artiman family?---Neighbor, relative, employee?
unknown

Itasca, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 18, 2006
 
Observer wrote:
Just a couple ??'s
Would Anthony, whom I am sure is a fine young man, still be alive if:
The blood-alcohol limit was not 3 times legal limits?
2 weapons were not brought into an unarmed altercation?
Nick sought medical assistance, for Anthony, immediately?


I would love to answer your questions.
Anthony is still alive, first of all and being drunk doesn't have anything to do with your head being bashed in severing your spinal cord.
No< Anthony did not seek medical assistance for Nick immediately he was Unconscious.

Also---
Why wasn't Anthony charged with mob action?
Is there some connection between Birkett & the Artiman family?---Neighbor, relative, employee?
Anthony did not receive any charges because there were none, a grand jury beleived he was acting on self defense.

And finally there is no connectionwith birkett and the Artmans except he tried their case. If you want to look into Attorney friendships look at Tealander and the Kindt's, he's been doing business with them for a long time.
unknown

Itasca, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 18, 2006
 
To your first question being drunk doesn't crush your skull in and severe your spinal cord. Anthony is still alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of410
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westchester Discussions

Search the Westchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) 44 min Nogods 37
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 2 hr who cares 1,056
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr nnamhcsriK elaD yrogerG 48,668
Davies Tax Bills (Jul '13) 4 hr Spike in pension 18
Archaic tax formula leaves most suburbs wanting... 10 hr Tom 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 10 hr In Your Face 64
Pets rescued from Villa Park fire Tue lalaland 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••