Oak Lawn Board Argues Over Transparency

Oct 10, 2013 Full story: Southwest News-Herald

Issues related to conflict of interest and lack of transparency dominated the Oak Lawn Village Board Meeting on Tuesday night.

Full Story
Mikes Pal

Evergreen Park, IL

#1 Oct 10, 2013
This has to be a Streit misquote or senior moment,“This administration ran on a policy of transparency,” said Streit.“One would think that transparency would include providing village records to all trustees. This administration does not have a good record on transparency.” Then after a lengthy defense of the need for transparency, Streit said,“what is it that this Board has to hide?”
Bobby boy, for a guy who has been abusing authority for decades you (if this is a good quote) have hidden plenty from the voters and always seem to be able stay n office. People used to wonder who your “domestic partner” was. Remember that?
Pal of Mike

Chicago Ridge, IL

#2 Oct 10, 2013
Mikes Pal wrote:
This has to be a Streit misquote or senior moment,“This administration ran on a policy of transparency,” said Streit.“One would think that transparency would include providing village records to all trustees. This administration does not have a good record on transparency.” Then after a lengthy defense of the need for transparency, Streit said,“what is it that this Board has to hide?”
Bobby boy, for a guy who has been abusing authority for decades you (if this is a good quote) have hidden plenty from the voters and always seem to be able stay n office. People used to wonder who your “domestic partner” was. Remember that?
Mikey D? Just saying
Clock Watcher

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 11, 2013
Bob we can see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public. For you to open your mouth about Ethics is laughable for those us who have come to know and despise you. The next time you decide to lecture the Mayor and the Village Board think about putting duct tape over your mouth. You should participate in discussions only when you can articulate expertise in the subject matter. Otherwise, you should remember the election clock has started.
Know it All

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 11, 2013
The trustee opined that he didn’t think the ordinance went far enough if it didn't include those sexual relationships that “any party may have with another person.”

It would be nice to find out what goes on when those guys rent campers to go to Springfield.
Gorp

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 11, 2013
Clock Watcher wrote:
Bob we can see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public. For you to open your mouth about Ethics is laughable for those us who have come to know and despise you. The next time you decide to lecture the Mayor and the Village Board think about putting duct tape over your mouth. You should participate in discussions only when you can articulate expertise in the subject matter. Otherwise, you should remember the election clock has started.
I’m already visualizing the duct tape over his mouth. I do want to thank Bob. I think everyone, everywhere is refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melrose Park Mayor: "I didn't take a vow of pov... 1 hr big mouth 6
Pet services needed?? 3 hr Kelleysmith 1
Turano Co. Allowed to Park on Property Zoned as... 6 hr Joanie No Lots 2
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 6 hr INJUSTICE 1,428
Geralyn Nocita files ballot objection 8 hr I know a guy 8
FOX NEWS: SERPICO and his JAGUAR 16 hr Ben 1
15th ave adult bookstore (Oct '11) Wed katara 889
Westchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web