Roberts Park Fire Chief Quits Amidst Probe of District Finances

Posted in the Westchester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom B

Burbank, IL

#1 Sep 15, 2011
Fred Vollinger quit four years short of retirement age amidst probe into district finances. The pompous and ignorant Vollinger, district trustees, commisioners and the RPFPD’s finances should be investigated by the Attorney General’s Office immediately. Most of RPFPD’s trustees and commisioners are political cronies related to someone’s sister’s brother’s uncle’s wife as is usually the case in Justice. How can these clowns perform an impartial investigation? They can’t. These are the same idiots negotiating a generous and expensive retirement package for this ungrateful in comp at the taxpayers’ expense. Then they will promote his protégé hack to Chief so that business as usual can go on in the RPFPD. What a Scam!
Tom B

Burbank, IL

#2 Sep 15, 2011
How does one get a retirement package when you retire four years before retirement age? Will we be paying this idiot a salary for the next four years for sitting at home watching Maury? I bet we will! Good ole RPFPD, for such a small department it seems to be very lucrative for its ungrateful public employees. Another illegal backroom deal at Roberts Park.
Oh Boy Here We Go

Berwyn, IL

#3 Sep 16, 2011
Tom B wrote:
Fred Vollinger quit four years short of retirement age amidst probe into district finances. The pompous and ignorant Vollinger, district trustees, commisioners and the RPFPD’s finances should be investigated by the Attorney General’s Office immediately. Most of RPFPD’s trustees and commisioners are political cronies related to someone’s sister’s brother’s uncle’s wife as is usually the case in Justice. How can these clowns perform an impartial investigation? They can’t. These are the same idiots negotiating a generous and expensive retirement package for this ungrateful in comp at the taxpayers’ expense. Then they will promote his protégé hack to Chief so that business as usual can go on in the RPFPD. What a Scam!
Here, Here. In Justice, is the same old crap with different flies, especially when you are talking about patronage and nepotism.

These cheezy politicians have made an art of it. And to boot our mayor did not follow legal advice and it cost the village over 350k dollars in a lawsuit filed by a contractor and there is more to follow.

Taxpayers your money is being misspent by politicians that don't care!! Our mayor thinks that by bringing in the hookah businees in to the village he is going to bring financial salvation to our community. Go figure.
coalition to the rescue

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 16, 2011
The coalition board wants to cover up what's going on by having a centennial party. Get a life and grow up.
Resident

Palos Hills, IL

#5 Dec 17, 2011
So What's going on?
Hillbilly Jim

Elkhart, IN

#6 Dec 21, 2011
I use to be a volunteer on Roberts Park, when Chief Rasch ran the place. I do remember Mr Vollinger. I wouldn't call him ignorant, he was very educated and intelligent, but he also was very pompous, conceded, and full of himself (thought his $h*t didn't stink).
Pug

Berwyn, IL

#7 Dec 21, 2011
A volunteer department and the Chief Gets a pension?
HH Resident

Schaumburg, IL

#8 Dec 29, 2011
That's what you get when you have hillbillies watching the hillbillies.
Hillbilly Jim

Elkhart, IN

#9 Jan 1, 2012
Pug wrote:
A volunteer department and the Chief Gets a pension?
Roberts park is not a volunteer department. In the 1970's full time firefighter/paramedics staffed station 1, which were supplemented by volunteer firefighters. The volunteers became paid-on-call firefighters in the late 70's early 80's. In the early 2000's they did away with the paid on call firefighters and hired part time firefighters. Roberts Park has thus evolved to be comprised of full-time and part-time personnel.
XRP

Palos Hills, IL

#10 Jan 13, 2012
Hillbilly Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Roberts park is not a volunteer department. In the 1970's full time firefighter/paramedics staffed station 1, which were supplemented by volunteer firefighters. The volunteers became paid-on-call firefighters in the late 70's early 80's. In the early 2000's they did away with the paid on call firefighters and hired part time firefighters. Roberts Park has thus evolved to be comprised of full-time and part-time personnel.
Nice job on the brief RP history. 100% correct.
Former RPFPD

Wilmington, IL

#11 Mar 10, 2012
Yes paid on calls ended after i left around the year 2000, they expected way too much from people that had families and full time jobs. but it was a great experience while it lasted. I remember vollinger very well. he had his little rebel group of firefighters that caused trouble for people who were against his secret regime. he did whatever he had to do to get to the top, so im not surprised to hear of the recent investigations. what comes around goes around mr vollinger! im lovin it! curious though who is being investigated!
Inquiring Mind

Elkhart, IN

#12 Mar 28, 2012
So anyone have any new news about who was involved with the theft or what is being done about it?

It seems pretty suspicious that this was reported in November of 2011 and there is no new news at all, like they are trying to sweep it under the rug.
sparky

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 28, 2012
Inquiring Mind wrote:
So anyone have any new news about who was involved with the theft or what is being done about it?
It seems pretty suspicious that this was reported in November of 2011 and there is no new news at all, like they are trying to sweep it under the rug.
get a life you winey bitch. The village is a shit hole and you're worried about the fire dept get your priorities in order.
Inquiring Mind

Elkhart, IN

#14 Mar 28, 2012
sparky wrote:
<quoted text>get a life you winey bitch. The village is a shit hole and you're worried about the fire dept get your priorities in order.
Screw you you yellowhammer!
Justice Resident

Bloomington, IL

#15 Oct 31, 2012
Soooooo...

Almost a whole year has gone by, since this story was originally reported, and NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else has been said about the theft.

Typical suburban corrupt politics... just "sweep the problems under the rug" and hope the voting tax payers will simply forget about it. Way to go Justice and Hickory Hills!!

To sparky: "The village is a sh*t hole and you're worried about the fire dept get your priorities in order."

I agree, the Village is a sh*t hole, but there no reason to call someone a "whiny b*tch". If you recall the village sh*t-canned their fire department and contracted Roberts Park fire protection district to take over.

I would like to know who these people are that are involved in this "6 figure theft", because it is MY (and every Justice residents) tax dollars that was stolen.

There was NOTHING wrong with Justice's fire Department and there was NO need to "sh*t-can" the department. If they had someone whou would know how to manage properly, the Fire Department would still be there.
ya sure is

Chicago, IL

#16 Oct 31, 2012
So who is the replacement cheif??the acting cheif today?? is he new ??
Justice Resident

Bloomington, IL

#17 Nov 1, 2012
ya sure is wrote:
So who is the replacement cheif??the acting cheif today?? is he new ??
http://www.rpfpd.org/

Jeffrey Ketchen is the new fire Chief and Jeffrey Dees is the new Deputy Chief.

Ex-Chief Vollinger tucked his tail between his legs and ran back to Evergreen Park Fire Department.
ahh

Markham, IL

#18 Nov 1, 2012
thanks for link resident, funny i went to school with cheif Jeff Ketchen...
wow

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Oh Boy Here We Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, Here. In Justice, is the same old crap with different flies, especially when you are talking about patronage and nepotism.
These cheezy politicians have made an art of it. And to boot our mayor did not follow legal advice and it cost the village over 350k dollars in a lawsuit filed by a contractor and there is more to follow.
Taxpayers your money is being misspent by politicians that don't care!! Our mayor thinks that by bringing in the hookah businees in to the village he is going to bring financial salvation to our community. Go figure.
Bring back the Justice Fire Department,
Another Justice Person

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 4, 2013
Don't act like there werent issues with Justice FD. Their responding times sucked compared to Roberts Park. Dont bring RP down because of an idiot who stole money. Then why not take every town and department down too because "no one is perfect." Lets get our money back and get someone new to be chief "As it happened already." With the new chief, everything seems to be fine with the department. I don't think we will have any issues anytime soon. Also, the town saves money with Rp running Justice. Thats another reason why RP took over. Be happy that today you can say the department can serve you 100% better than in 2011 or during the time the asshole ran it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 50,005
murder on ash street (Mar '13) 6 hr Adam 9
FBI investigating Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (Dec '12) 7 hr Right NOW and THEN 22
WildBill and McCambell 7 hr Taxpayer for years 6
Scavo soon to be back on the loose (Oct '13) 7 hr Curious RAT Inves... 23
American News Post Investigate McCambell 7 hr Curious RAT Inves... 3
Petition Walkers 11 hr Tea Partier 5

Westchester Jobs

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]