First Prev
of 8
Next Last
NW Guy

Tinley Park, IL

#147 Apr 20, 2013
Village Boy wrote:
<quoted text>If it was ever possible to knock on doors over there someone would have. You might talk to neighbors in your building but if you were trying to reach another condo owner just 2 blocks away you wouldn't be able to get in either. You want privacy and you are getting it . Most campaigns mail to you. And CR isn't a city. It is a village. There are no alderman. Just trustees at large.
Ummm...I KNOW there are no aldermen. That's why I said we need to change the form of government in our town. There's no equal representation.

And - it's entirely possible for a candidate to speak to condo owners. They contact the condo HOA and schedule a time to come and meet with the residents of the entire building. It's been done before. Trust me - I know a little about this.
New Day in Da Ridge

Evergreen Park, IL

#148 Apr 30, 2013
It's official... Amanda won!
Ridge Rat

Addison, IL

#149 May 2, 2013
NW Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...I KNOW there are no aldermen. That's why I said we need to change the form of government in our town. There's no equal representation.
And - it's entirely possible for a candidate to speak to condo owners. They contact the condo HOA and schedule a time to come and meet with the residents of the entire building. It's been done before. Trust me - I know a little about this.
Trust me? That's refreshing on Topix.
what ever

United States

#150 May 2, 2013
Trust me when I say next time around ed moody and madigan will have a hard time buying votes
NW Guy

Chicago, IL

#151 May 2, 2013
Yeah, I know "trust" is a foreign idea on Topix, but I try to rise above the name-calling trolls and bring some serious discourse to this forum...probably a losing battle.
Mildly Curious

Chicago, IL

#152 May 2, 2013
NW Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...so you are willing to try to change Chicago Ridge's charter to either make it a city with wards and alderman or a village with trustee districts? And you have talked to every (or a lot of) condo associations in Chicago Ridge before? Where have you been all this time?
Jawbreaker

Buffalo Grove, IL

#153 May 2, 2013
what ever wrote:
Trust me when I say next time around ed moody and madigan will have a hard time buying votes
How many votes did Moody buy? How many votes were for sale anyway? There's that trust thing again. If someone wants to sell their vote to Moody again would you huff and puff and blow their house down?
Village Action Party

Chicago, IL

#154 May 3, 2013
Turn those machines back on. We are the winners, it's just that not enough of our voters had time to vote yet. We will be the winners. We have more and sighns and bigger sighns. The old Mayor endorsed us. Yeah that's it he never said it was over either. He NEVER loses his Trustees. We are the big time winners. There has to be some mistake. Turn those voting machines back on. Or leave them off, maybe there is something wrong with the computer machines. Maybe it was a hanging chad or something. There is no way that we didn't have enough votes. Demand a recount too. Why didn't we win? We are the big time winners!
In the mood

Chicago Ridge, IL

#155 May 3, 2013
what ever wrote:
Did Ed Moody buy votes so that he could self impose term limits on himself? Did Ed Moody buy votes so that he could reject payraises in his new elected position? Did Ed Moody buy votes so that he can refuse to accept a pension for his new elcted position? Did Ed Moody buy votes so that he could help elect great people in Chicago Ridge like George, Amanda, Sally and Bruce? Didn't his opposition send out lots of mail attacking Ed for his association with Madigan? Wasn't Ed Moody the number one vote getter in Chicago Ridge and overwelming victor in his race against a well know incumbernt?
Wake up VAP

Chicago, IL

#156 Jul 19, 2013
The filing period for the June 2013 Quarterly Report ends Monday, July 15th. The June 2013 Quarterly Report must include all committee activity from April 1st up through and including June 30th. The Board must receive this report by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 15th when filing on paper or by 11:59:59 p.m. on Monday, July 15th when filing electronically.

This Quarterly Report must be filed by all active political committees; it must be filed regardless of whether the committee has had any activity during that period of time.

If filing on paper, reports must be postmarked by Friday, July 12th to be considered a timely filing if received after the deadline.
Snooze Alarm

Evergreen Park, IL

#157 Jul 22, 2013
Committees who file a report late will be sent a Citing Letter approximately a week after the filing deadline, notifying them of the delinquent filing. That letter is followed about a month later by an Assessment Letter, which includes the exact fine(s) owed by the committee, how the fines are calculated, and forms for appealing the penalty. A committee has 30-days following the date of the Assessment Letter in which to appeal an assessment. If the committee chooses to appeal, it should fill out two of the three forms an appeal affidavit explaining the grounds for the appeal, and either a request for hearing (if the committee want to present its case in person) or a waiver of appearance (if the committee does not want to appear in person). In either situation, a hearing examiner will eventually make a recommendation, and the Board will make the ultimate decision about the appeal. Specific information about the assessment and appeal process is also included in the mailings sent by the Board to affected committees.
Wake up VAP

Chicago, IL

#158 Aug 13, 2013
Okay. Okay. Okay. Okay. The Village Action Party took action and said that they wrote in their bills and reimbursed the Chuck Tokar Fund because he paid the bills. These guys just can't get out of their own way with late reports. They always generate fines. Oh wait. This was the new Mayor paying himself back. Big Shooters these guys are. They must be using the famous accounting firm of Co, Ming and Ling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McScambell in Jail? 2 hr Michelle O BMI 10
Chicago Ridge fire chief resigns, officials loo... 5 hr Enraged Resident 21
Shingles: A Common and Painful Virus (Feb '14) 6 hr Sweepyface 12
Ridge gives bars one extra hour (Sep '10) 16 hr Tea Party Forever 61
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 (Apr '14) 18 hr Confused 77
What concerns you most living in Berwyn? (Feb '08) 21 hr rico 114
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) Wed Kumbaya 8,178
Westchester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:14 pm PST

ESPN12:14PM
Bears seek 'spark', bench Cutler for Clausen
NBC Sports12:20 PM
Cutler says he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to lose job
NFL12:26 PM
Trestman on Cutler benching: I think we need a spark
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Jay Cutler wants to stay in Chicago, but will the Bears keep him?
NBC Sports 1:35 PM
Jimmy Clausen: 'Gained knowledge' since last start in 2010