Snap decisions at red lights

In the lobby of RedSpeed Illinois' office in Lombard, awards and accolades share wall space with framed "first tickets" from Bolingbrook , Elmwood Park and Rosemont. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
James Sold Out

Chicago, IL

#318 Jan 9, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as increasing safety... living through the BB light war.. I doubt it really does. Many people continued to stop passed the white line even after the first ticket. Face it most people are lazy drivers. My point is do not complain about the ticket. You did the crime pay the fine... Are the tickets money makers for the cities.. yes... do they enforce the laws already on the books yes. So who am I or anybody to complain t hat the laws are being enforced?
"Do the crime ...pay the fine." Really? Dumb Dumb Dumb.

Do you know how many dumb laws are on the books in various states that are NEVER enforced?!?! They are NOT ENFORCED because they are DUMB and serve no public benefit or safety purpose. If police started enforcing some of these dumb laws ...there would quickly be a public demand to repeal the dumb or outdated laws.

And that is EXACTLY what we have here. RED LIGHT CAMERAS serve no purpose other than to rip off the public and line the pockets of politicians and companies that give bribes to politicians.

And that is precisely why since their meteoric passage thru state law makers they have met with immediate and continued resistance. Indeed many cities have pulled them out just as quickly as they stuck them in.

But I'm sure Roy McCambell and Greg Zito and Steve Daugherty sure appreciate your dumb posts.LOL
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#319 Jan 9, 2013
James Sold Out wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do the crime ...pay the fine." Really? Dumb Dumb Dumb.
Do you know how many dumb laws are on the books in various states that are NEVER enforced?!?! They are NOT ENFORCED because they are DUMB and serve no public benefit or safety purpose. If police started enforcing some of these dumb laws ...there would quickly be a public demand to repeal the dumb or outdated laws.
And that is EXACTLY what we have here. RED LIGHT CAMERAS serve no purpose other than to rip off the public and line the pockets of politicians and companies that give bribes to politicians.
And that is precisely why since their meteoric passage thru state law makers they have met with immediate and continued resistance. Indeed many cities have pulled them out just as quickly as they stuck them in.
But I'm sure Roy McCambell and Greg Zito and Steve Daugherty sure appreciate your dumb posts.LOL
So because they are not stringently enforced they are not laws?.... A cop, or a red light speeding cam, cannot issue you aticket for going 3 miles over the limit.... The cop chooses not to. Not becaause you are not breaking the law... Not because you do not deserve a ticket.. but because they have better things to do. The cams take over where the cops can not or do not have the time to take and enforce the law

You say the cams "rip off the public"... how? To rip someone off they would have to make erroneous tickets. They would need to ticket where the person did not break the law. This does not happen.

The problem with people like you and those who cry foul at the red light cam is you dont like being held accountable for your actions. How dare something innanimate send you a ticket for committing a traffic violation. Everyone does it why pick on me... It is the greedy politicians fault that I got ticked for stopping past the white line. Not my fault for disobeying the rules..... Just as you are sure those men, who ever they are like my posts.. I am sure they like you better. Because instead of stopping where you should and taking money away from the city... you act like a little child cry foul at being held accountable and still most likely stop past the line.
Steve d

Chicago, IL

#320 Jan 10, 2013
As much as this moron is trying to help me make money his postd are pretty pathetic.
He keeps talking about ticketing the petson that broke the law. That is stupid because these cameras just ticket the car that broke the law!

Yes if a cop pulls you over they can decide if they want to enforce a dumb law. But these cameras dont care who broke the law...they just generate money by ticketing the owner without any thought process.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#321 Jan 10, 2013
Steve d wrote:
As much as this moron is trying to help me make money his postd are pretty pathetic.
He keeps talking about ticketing the petson that broke the law. That is stupid because these cameras just ticket the car that broke the law!
Yes if a cop pulls you over they can decide if they want to enforce a dumb law. But these cameras dont care who broke the law...they just generate money by ticketing the owner without any thought process.
Hello... ever get a parking ticket?....suburbs or Chicago?... your friend could be driving your car... who gets the ticket?.... There is no difference here. It is a civil ticket (at least the ones in BB were). Does not go against your record. Now I don't know about you,, but I always know who is driving my car. So if I get the ticket in the mail I know who was at fault at the time. If I was not driving, you can be sure the money will come from the person who was. Now I know that is causing you to be accountable for your actions and the actions of who is driving, and obviously you do not like being accountable for your actions.

Btw.. calling names... shows you are losing the argument... ad hominem attacks are childish and never work.
What u talkin about

Chicago, IL

#322 Jan 10, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello... ever get a parking ticket?....suburbs or Chicago?... your friend could be driving your car... who gets the ticket?.... There is no difference here. It is a civil ticket (at least the ones in BB were). Does not go against your record. Now I don't know about you,, but I always know who is driving my car. So if I get the ticket in the mail I know who was at fault at the time. If I was not driving, you can be sure the money will come from the person who was. Now I know that is causing you to be accountable for your actions and the actions of who is driving, and obviously you do not like being accountable for your actions.
Btw.. calling names... shows you are losing the argument... ad hominem attacks are childish and never work.
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner for idiot poster of the year.

The camer don't serve their intended purpose. They actually cause more accidents. They deter business around malls. They create opportunities for massive corruption.

What possible argument can be made that they are good and people should pay for the tickets of others driving their car?
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#323 Jan 10, 2013
What u talkin about wrote:
<quoted text>
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner for idiot poster of the year.
The camer don't serve their intended purpose. They actually cause more accidents. They deter business around malls. They create opportunities for massive corruption.
What possible argument can be made that they are good and people should pay for the tickets of others driving their car?
Aww look how cute he thinks he will look more important and scary if he calls me and idiot... Maybe someday he will grow up into an adult and realize that ad hominen attacts show how weak his argument is.

So let me get this straight... RRC are bad because people behind you dont pay enough attention and rear end you..... As far as serve intended purpose.. I know in BB actual running (not stopping past red line but running) red lights went down considerably at intersections with the light... so yes they do do their intended purpose

As far as corruption... prove the corruption... show where your town officials have taken the money for corrupt purposes....

As far as people paying for tickets when they were not driving... It is your car... you are responsible for it and who drives it. It is no different that if your car got booted for non payment of parking tickets your son got and did not tell you.

I guess we just differ... I was brought up to take responsibility for my actions.. you were brought up to blame someone else for your actions...
Steve d

Chicago, IL

#324 Jan 11, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww look how cute he thinks he will look more important and scary if he calls me and idiot... Maybe someday he will grow up into an adult and realize that ad hominen attacts show how weak his argument is.
So let me get this straight... RRC are bad because people behind you dont pay enough attention and rear end you..... As far as serve intended purpose.. I know in BB actual running (not stopping past red line but running) red lights went down considerably at intersections with the light... so yes they do do their intended purpose
As far as corruption... prove the corruption... show where your town officials have taken the money for corrupt purposes....
As far as people paying for tickets when they were not driving... It is your car... you are responsible for it and who drives it. It is no different that if your car got booted for non payment of parking tickets your son got and did not tell you.
I guess we just differ... I was brought up to take responsibility for my actions.. you were brought up to blame someone else for your actions...
Actually you can be pulled over if you are not driving a similar speed as others .If you drive too slow or cautious you become a hazzard.its the common flow of traffic that everyone is used to.

On a similar note ...people are used to stopping ...looking carefully...and then proceeding at red lights.Thats normal and safe flow of traffic. These cameras create an unsafe flow of traffic and jam ups. And for this reason allow should be removed.

But hey...Roy and I love to get paid.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#325 Jan 11, 2013
Steve d wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you can be pulled over if you are not driving a similar speed as others .If you drive too slow or cautious you become a hazzard.its the common flow of traffic that everyone is used to.
On a similar note ...people are used to stopping ...looking carefully...and then proceeding at red lights.Thats normal and safe flow of traffic. These cameras create an unsafe flow of traffic and jam ups. And for this reason allow should be removed.
But hey...Roy and I love to get paid.
"Actually you can be pulled over if you are not driving a similar speed as others .If you drive too slow or cautious you become a hazzard.its the common flow of traffic that everyone is used to."

Your point here is.... yes if you are driving to slow you could be pulled over... again it is a traffic law... just like stopping at the white line is a traffic law... one which is enforced but the rlc's.

"people are used to stopping ...looking carefully...and then proceeding at red lights.Thats normal and safe flow of traffic. "

Right... problem is they do not come to a complete stop at the line, and then enter to a place where they can see oncoming traffic.... rules of the road 101. Sorry if the rlc's make you follow the rules of the road... how dare they hold you accountable for your actions...
cameraman

Chicago, IL

#327 Jan 15, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually you can be pulled over if you are not driving a similar speed as others .If you drive too slow or cautious you become a hazzard.its the common flow of traffic that everyone is used to."
Your point here is.... yes if you are driving to slow you could be pulled over... again it is a traffic law... just like stopping at the white line is a traffic law... one which is enforced but the rlc's.
"people are used to stopping ...looking carefully...and then proceeding at red lights.Thats normal and safe flow of traffic. "
Right... problem is they do not come to a complete stop at the line, and then enter to a place where they can see oncoming traffic.... rules of the road 101. Sorry if the rlc's make you follow the rules of the road... how dare they hold you accountable for your actions...
Thank you Roy for these comments. Yes these camerss thst cause more accidents r very good.
Lots of corrupt people r making lots of money and how can that be bad?
Just pay ur tickets snd shut up.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#328 Jan 15, 2013
cameraman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Roy for these comments. Yes these camerss thst cause more accidents r very good.
Lots of corrupt people r making lots of money and how can that be bad?
Just pay ur tickets snd shut up.
Again with the "corrupt people"... show me where the money is going into anyones pocket... Any news reports showing direct kickback to polititions? Or is that just your way trying to explain your bad driving habits?

You say "just pay ur tickets send shut up"... How about just drive correctly, stop where you are suppose to and when you make a mistake own up to it take the ticket like an adult and move on. Yes I know that would mean you would have to take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming someone or thing...
cameraman

Chicago, IL

#329 Jan 16, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the "corrupt people"... show me where the money is going into anyones pocket... Any news reports showing direct kickback to polititions? Or is that just your way trying to explain your bad driving habits?
You say "just pay ur tickets send shut up"... How about just drive correctly, stop where you are suppose to and when you make a mistake own up to it take the ticket like an adult and move on. Yes I know that would mean you would have to take responsibility for your actions instead of blaming someone or thing...
Ru dumb or blind? Roy Mccambell was the main player to get his friend Steve Dsugherty into every village. Yes the same Roy Mccambell who was indicted on 8 felony counts of theft and fraud.
And people have commented about hoe Roy was at current tec after his leaving office. Enough arguing with a moron because a moron will always take u down to his level and then win.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#330 Jan 16, 2013
cameraman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ru dumb or blind? Roy Mccambell was the main player to get his friend Steve Dsugherty into every village. Yes the same Roy Mccambell who was indicted on 8 felony counts of theft and fraud.
And people have commented about hoe Roy was at current tec after his leaving office. Enough arguing with a moron because a moron will always take u down to his level and then win.
Roy Mccambell was the main player to get his friend Steve Dsugherty into every village. Yes the same Roy Mccambell who was indicted on 8 felony counts of theft and fraud."

So no proof that he took money on the rlc... so you lied

Tell you what... when you want to grow a pair.. take responsibility for your d riving and not following the laws... we will talk more...
Garro is my Hero

Chicago, IL

#331 Jan 16, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
Roy Mccambell was the main player to get his friend Steve Dsugherty into every village. Yes the same Roy Mccambell who was indicted on 8 felony counts of theft and fraud."
Tell you what... when you want to grow a pair.. take responsibility for your d riving and not following the laws... we will talk more...
OK Roy if you say so.LOL What a dumbarse.

I agree you are right. Roy McCambell you will be found innocent of all counts. And you probably hang out at Current Tec, not because you have any interest in their growth and profit....but because you are just curious what this company that you recommended to all the West Cook Conference members is up to. Its all very innocent.

And all the reports of your teaming up with Greg Zito to get cameras immediately thru state legislature was exaggerated.

And Curent Tec having no experience with installing Red Light cameras before your pushing their service is immaterial.

And somehow the state giving Current Tecs a massive grant to figure out how to install Red Lights cameras when other companies already had experience was just an oversight.

And the fact that the West Cook communities have more cameras than anywhere else in the world has nothing to do with you Roy being a paid salesperson and financial beneficiary of these cameras. Its just a coincidence.

And Current Tec being kicked out of Bellwood at about the same time that people at Bellwood were starting to question why you made soo much money for ten ghost jobs was also just a coincidence.

And all the other reports and links mean nothing.

OK Roy we believe you.It doesnt matter that these cameras are harmfull and cause more accidents than they are supposed to prevent. We all need take responsibility and pay tickets if we ever get one. Thank you for setting me straight.
Cameraman

Chicago, IL

#332 Jan 16, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I lie?

I said you are a moron and you have proved me right over and over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Cali Girl 2014 49,752
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 5 hr Angry Resident 60
Lawsuits for Faggianno and Wasilenko (Feb '14) 6 hr the queen 11
Inbred PIG Patrick Bruno is trying to hook up w... 6 hr the queen 4
is marilyn lento 60 years old hot? 7 hr your worst nightmare 1
You too can hire John Wasilenko (Feb '14) 7 hr the queen 7
Fagiano Diapers? (Mar '14) 7 hr the queen 3
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000