Szeszol named River Grove Library tru...

Szeszol named River Grove Library trustee

There are 842 comments on the ElmLeaves story from Mar 19, 2010, titled Szeszol named River Grove Library trustee. In it, ElmLeaves reports that:

Susan Szeszol, M.A.Ed. reading specialist, was sworn in Jan. 13 as a River Grove Public Library Board trustee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ElmLeaves.

Maverick

Chicago, IL

#809 May 20, 2013
Is maywood good or bad?

Everyone knows River Grove is the village with illiterate morons. Look at the library board for proof of that. Look at all the stupid decisions they have made on behalf of the library. They have wasted the library money. While they pat themselves on the back.

RG will never ever have a new library as long as these old farts are on the board and with the currnt village administration.

All these people are just dumb hacks. Too Bad.
hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check out Maywood's library.
Johnny

Franklin Park, IL

#810 May 20, 2013
what do you expect...no one will challenge the old goats on the board...so they do as they please. It is sad...no progress in all these years...just dumb decisions that wastes precious money. One dumb decision after another.
Johnny

Franklin Park, IL

#811 May 20, 2013
everyone just gave up going to the meetings. Whats the point .? cant get anywhere with these old goats.
Maverick

Chicago, IL

#812 May 20, 2013
AAnother example of inefficient outdated system of government. The same thing with the governing body of Leyden Township. Totally useless and outdated. Just bloated waste of money.
Big Al

Melrose Park, IL

#813 May 22, 2013
Maverick wrote:
Is maywood good or bad?
Everyone knows River Grove is the village with illiterate morons. Look at the library board for proof of that. Look at all the stupid decisions they have made on behalf of the library. They have wasted the library money. While they pat themselves on the back.
RG will never ever have a new library as long as these old farts are on the board and with the currnt village administration.
All these people are just dumb hacks. Too Bad.
<quoted text>
ExcellenT Brand new library
Bill

Chicago, IL

#814 May 23, 2013
River Grove should have merged with Elmwood park or Franklin Park. It is dumb for River Grove to have its own library since they never seem to have any money.

They are just hurting themselves. Dont build a new library...shuld have gone in with the other two towns.

Dumb and cocky board .....another 30 years will go by and there will be no new library and the same old board will exist....except by then ...they will probably buy more property in River Grove.

Kinda makes you wonder why they bought all this land if they knew they couldnt build on this land. Seems like someone is making money.
kurt

Chicago, IL

#815 May 29, 2013
The library board is a slow disaster. That library is stagnating with all the disasterous decisions those old timer are making. No one wants to even run for trustee knowing that they would have to face those knuckleheads. Why bother and deal with the frustration. Such a shame. it does make you wonder why all this property was purchased knowing full well that the zoning was not set up for a library. What a waste. Now I hear that when the library director wants to get a couple buckets of paint to improve the current library, they flat out refuse her. but in th meantime they go blowing money on property purchases that sit unused for years. All those taxes and insurance could have been saved and used for the library.

Geez....how much does a couple bucket of paint cost? Cant be more than $50.

by the way, the ceiling in the back of the library above the young adult section looks like it will collapse soon. You may want to check it out before someone gets hurt at the libray.
Throat

Elmwood Park, IL

#816 Jun 30, 2013
It amazes me that people say that river Grove Library Board is a bunch of tools and hacks. Elections for the Library Board was in April and only one person filed for one of two seats. As I have said quit your bitchin' and do something about it. In 1995, four board member will be up for reelection or election. Do something about it, file to get you name on the ballot. You will spend nothing in a campaign unless you choose too.
anna

Chicago, IL

#817 Jul 2, 2013
one new person against 3 that hvebeen in power 30 years. No one wants to del with that. Ifit would be all trustees, then thenIwould run.. but going against tholse old codgers that are set I their ways. no way oJose.
Throat wrote:
It amazes me that people say that river Grove Library Board is a bunch of tools and hacks. Elections for the Library Board was in April and only one person filed for one of two seats. As I have said quit your bitchin' and do something about it. In 1995, four board member will be up for reelection or election. Do something about it, file to get you name on the ballot. You will spend nothing in a campaign unless you choose too.
Big Al

Joliet, IL

#818 Jul 3, 2013
anna wrote:
one new person against 3 that hvebeen in power 30 years. No one wants to del with that. Ifit would be all trustees, then thenIwould run.. but going against tholse old codgers that are set I their ways. no way oJose.
<quoted text>
It would not be against 3 it would be close to 6- a few have been in and out. with the exceptions of prokop the others have 15 plus years under their belt.
there needs to be a vote of no confidence.
anna

Chicago, IL

#819 Jul 6, 2013
15 years of experience doing what? Having a meeting about buying cheap file folders? The board of all various members have done absolutely nothing progressive for the library or the community.

No one wants to deal with them with a 10 foot pole. People have given up.

and moved out of River Grove. so no one sticks long enough to care. River Grove is a transient community.

Plus it is too late for the library. The library should have joined together with Elmwood Park or Franklin Park. That ship has sailed and who suffers....River Grove.

These idiots were on board when those decisions could have made but because of ego and stupidity...they sat like fools doing nothing.

It is too late for the RG library if you ask me and most of the community feels the same way. Their chance has passed. No one wants to deal with the aftermath. Too little too late.
Big Al wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not be against 3 it would be close to 6- a few have been in and out. with the exceptions of prokop the others have 15 plus years under their belt.
there needs to be a vote of no confidence.
Bill

Chicago, IL

#820 Jul 14, 2013
yes. people have given up on the library ....they know things wont change until those 30 year hacks get off the board.

in the meantime...maybe people should stop using the library to get their point across.

if you want a better library... stop using the library in protest.

let them die off. along with the library. They jhust wasted peoples money is what they did. Thousands of dollars down the drain. Vote of No Confidence for those idiots.
bill

United States

#821 Nov 2, 2013
I wonder if that Susan Szezseol can give us some insight about what was going on.
Leyden

Elmwood Park, IL

#822 Nov 2, 2013
they should combine them with FP library, it's much better than elmwood park
joe budd

Chicago, IL

#823 Nov 6, 2013
are you kidding. The old timers acted upright around her.. but behind her back..they did what they wanted and kept her out of the loop. Same thing with this new trustee...some dumb Indian woman. I heard them talking about computers ...behind me. They were talking about how the computers are being used for surfing the web and that that was not what computers were for. Dumb ...out of touch completely.. Those trustees are stuck in the forties..they are really out of touch with the world.
bill wrote:
I wonder if that Susan Szezseol can give us some insight about what was going on.
joe budd

Chicago, IL

#824 Nov 20, 2013
i heard that the historical society is now locatng their office in the basement of the RIver Grove Library. I see good ole Don Hanson walking in and outof the library basement. I also heard the library money is being used for historical society to keep the building up.

RG will never have a library. The trustees are knuckleheads.
Nothing New

Mount Prospect, IL

#825 Nov 22, 2013
joe budd wrote:
i heard that the historical society is now locatng their office in the basement of the RIver Grove Library. I see good ole Don Hanson walking in and outof the library basement. I also heard the library money is being used for historical society to keep the building up.
RG will never have a library. The trustees are knuckleheads.
Don Hansen and Michael Prokop are on the historical Society.
marge

Chicago, IL

#826 Nov 22, 2013
maybe they had to move..because the historical society flooded. that place is ready to fall to the ground.
diane

Chicago, IL

#827 Nov 23, 2013
Good ole Don hansen is an idiot. He visited the horticultural club at Triton because his wife was a member. Came one day and ruined it. He took upon himself to rewrite the bylaws or rules and focused on sustainability. He drove people away. I and several other members quit because of him.

I wish he would just go away. He is just trouble. He ruins it for everyone with his stuypid ideas. Its his way or no way. He is just a blubbering idiot.

River Grove would be better off without him.
Just Wondering

Mount Prospect, IL

#828 Nov 23, 2013
Nothing New wrote:
<quoted text>
Don Hansen and Michael Prokop are on the historical Society.
Isn't there a conflict of interest for Michael Prokop to be on the Library Board and the Historical Society.
He has been on that board for 25+ years and has done nothing. I wonder what he has done to improve the historical society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Truth Always Comes Out! 4 hr proof 2
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 5 hr Strength In Numbers 10,453
Village overtime Tue look it up 9
The Disgrace of the Babe Serpico Memorial (Apr '13) Tue Bobby Walnuts 57
Kenneka Jenkins was transgender Tue ainjtown 4
Wildbill Marla and Maria Mon Bill Fan 15
News Motorcyclist still in coma after November accident (Jan '10) Mon Itascarascal 14

Westchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westchester Mortgages