Midlothian pool saved in time for heat wave

There are 10 comments on the The Southtown Star story from Jun 18, 2012, titled Midlothian pool saved in time for heat wave. In it, The Southtown Star reports that:

With a barrier surrounding the closed junior pool behind him, Tristin Brown, 4, of Midlothian, jumps into the waiting arms of his mother Karen in the main pool at the Splish-Splash Pool in Midlothian, Illinois, Monday, June 18, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Southtown Star.

OH PLEASE

Tinley Park, IL

#1 Jul 16, 2012
The Midlothian Pool has 3 pools in total at this, 2 of the 3 pools are NOT in working order one was even shut down by the health department. Midlothian is NOT fully refunding money to parents of children and babies. The two pools shut down and not working are the pools for children and babies. The pool sales reps should have known to let buyers know in advance instead of bate-and-switching the sales and taking 50% of our money paid! I am very unhappy with whoever it is that is in charge of refunding at this moment.
GoogleIt

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jul 16, 2012
Google Midlothian Park District and read. The folks that run the pool are in there. Please post your experience.
stop_bitchen

Blue Island, IL

#5 Aug 3, 2012
its nice that village of midlothian got a grant to fix memorial park. BUT! is their anyway they can get a grant to update th pool!!? cause DAMM!! everything is falling apart!!

“In my opinion..”

Since: Dec 09

Midlothian

#6 Aug 4, 2012
stop_bitchen wrote:
its nice that village of midlothian got a grant to fix memorial park. BUT! is their anyway they can get a grant to update th pool!!? cause DAMM!! everything is falling apart!!
The board is very active in appyling for grants. If there is one out there for pools, they would be filling out the paper work, but one thing to keep in mind. When you get a grant( or anything from the goverment) you have to spend it on what they say and not always what you would like to do.
The Bum on Western

New Lenox, IL

#7 Aug 5, 2012
As Carl Spackler said, "It's ok!" As he bit into the Baby Ruth bar. BTW, you got any loose change. I need me a forty.
Schit Floats

New Lenox, IL

#8 Aug 5, 2012
The name says it all.
Interested

Lockport, IL

#9 Aug 8, 2012
stop_bitchen wrote:
For the 5,000 time on these boards...and sorry if you are just seeing this for the first time...but Memorial Park, Splish Splash Pool...and every other park in the town of Midlothian is owned and operated by the Midlothian Park District and NOT the Village of Midlothian....two very separate and distinct taxing bodies.
Piss and spit

Midlothian, IL

#10 Aug 8, 2012
When you think about it who wants to swim in someone elses Spit and piss and boogers it really grosses me out shut down the pool its not sanitary .Get your own pool.
Hello

Fox River Grove, IL

#13 Aug 30, 2012
Piss and spit wrote:
When you think about it who wants to swim in someone elses Spit and piss and boogers it really grosses me out shut down the pool its not sanitary .Get your own pool.
And when you think about it again. Apartments in the area, people with small houses/lawns, or EVEN a lower income than yours who can't afford a pool, ever think they don't mind it? Just because you don't like it doesnt mean it's actually bad. And there is this new invention out called chlorine. What it does is clean the water of bad things like piss spit and boogers.(really? boogers?)
know

Midlothian, IL

#16 Oct 20, 2012
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
For the 5,000 time on these boards...and sorry if you are just seeing this for the first time...but Memorial Park, Splish Splash Pool...and every other park in the town of Midlothian is owned and operated by the Midlothian Park District and NOT the Village of Midlothian....two very separate and distinct taxing bodies.
So what! We all know what the poster meant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Elmhurst, IL (Sep '10) 2 hr John 4
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 6 hr BLDM 2
Cant believe there are morons who still paid o... 7 hr rico 2
Peter Tombolato (Jul '13) 7 hr rico 11
should we move to Berwyn? (Feb '08) 7 hr rico 114
what happen to all the outrage 12 hr Neighbor 11
Carmine Scardine back on Justice Police Force 13 hr henhouse 3
More from around the web

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE