Another Peterson search, but still no clues

Full story: Chicago Tribune

With their ranks swollen by increasing media attention, about 90 volunteers combed rural areas near Bolingbrook for a second day Sunday for clues to explain the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, the wife of a ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of122
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LAWRENCE

Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 4, 2007
 
Just wondering, do you have any proof that he killed either party? Call me crazy but there is this little thing called innocent until proven guilty. Thanks for your insighful input into both crimes, you should quit your day job and be a detective or a judge.
Maria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 4, 2007
 
Unless you seriously slip and fall and hit your head while your taking a shower (which would make sense) how do you drown while taking a bath? Fall asleep - which of course the water would wake you up as soon as you went under unless you were totally high on drugs. This is insane. Those other wives better watch out, 2 down, 2 to go. Wonder what kind of life insurance he had on her.
Patti

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 4, 2007
 
There is always a rush to judgment in these cases. Statistically he is a prime suspect. Profile the case out and it makes him a suspect. HOWEVER.....the investigation needs to play out. They need to find a body before ANYONE can claim there has been a murder. I hate the way this is playing out just how I hate how the Lisa Stebic case is playing out over here in Plainfield.
Liz Ursitti

Roseburg, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 4, 2007
 
I just found this story online and feel so sad for Stacy's family and her children. Before I read others' similar comments, I thought, "She would never leave her kids." So I don't believe for a minute her husband's story that he thinks she left him for another man. She not only would have taken her kids with her but would have stayed in touch with her family members, some of whom are now searching for her in fields, etc.

I have now read several articles about this situation, and believe the husband killed her and also his third wife.

Two ideas: surely Stacy's cell phone records can be searched to rule in or out whether she called her husband at 9 p.m. as he said she did. Also, where are his first two wives? Were there any other kids? They surely might be able to shed some information on his personality, etc.

I firmly believe in the concept of innocent until declared guilty by a jury, but I feel real bad inside and just "know" she is dead. I hope she is found soon so at least folks will know what happened to her. What a sad thing. I will keep her and her loved ones in mind when I pray.
LAWRENCE

Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 4, 2007
 
Maria,

Did you do the medical exam on the wife that had drown? I didn't think so. That said why don't you allow the police to do their job.

I wonder what kind of life insurance you have....actually I really don't.
orphanannie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 4, 2007
 
Hey lawerence: do you have any proof that he DIDN'T??
Seems to me if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's probably not a chicken???
He wasn't proven INNOCENT, because his department declared it an accident...and it would seem that the DA now is re-visiting that investigation....
So, the strength of your argument pales, when you realize that lying by ommission is still a lie...
So, no, we don't have any proof that he committed murder....but neither do you have proof that he DIDN'T committ murder....and since his character proves he's a liar, will accept bribes, will date underage teenage girls,and that he monetarily benefitted from the demise of his third wife, one could conclude that a liar will also cheat, a liar will also steal, and a liar will also do harm to another if his "domain" is threatened...
He fits the profile of so many angry, controlling, abusers, Lawerence...
If you want to defend a man like that, then I suggest you trot off to the nearest on-line law school, get yourself a degree, and become a public defender who just loves to get abusers, rapists, child predators, and crooked cops off...I am sure you will be invited to all the Christmas parties year after year because of your benevolence.
Bob

Highland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 4, 2007
 
Did anyone else notice that the name Stacy Peterson is very close to Lacy Peterson? Don't trust lying husbands!
joeshtheragman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 4, 2007
 
orphanannie wrote:
Hey lawerence: do you have any proof that he DIDN'T??
Seems to me if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it's probably not a chicken???
He wasn't proven INNOCENT, because his department declared it an accident...and it would seem that the DA now is re-visiting that investigation....
So, the strength of your argument pales, when you realize that lying by ommission is still a lie...
So, no, we don't have any proof that he committed murder....but neither do you have proof that he DIDN'T committ murder....and since his character proves he's a liar, will accept bribes, will date underage teenage girls,and that he monetarily benefitted from the demise of his third wife, one could conclude that a liar will also cheat, a liar will also steal, and a liar will also do harm to another if his "domain" is threatened...
He fits the profile of so many angry, controlling, abusers, Lawerence...
If you want to defend a man like that, then I suggest you trot off to the nearest on-line law school, get yourself a degree, and become a public defender who just loves to get abusers, rapists, child predators, and crooked cops off...I am sure you will be invited to all the Christmas parties year after year because of your benevolence.
My my you are one smart person,may I asked have you commited any crimes.??
Sally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 4, 2007
 
Maybe when lawrence goes to prison himself, he can read up on the law. He'll have plenty of time on his hands.
Sue

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 4, 2007
 
why isn't he joining in on the search for Stacy?
orphanannie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 4, 2007
 
nope...have not committed any crimes...my parents raised me well...and I choose to live honestly among those around me...
why do you ask?
and....
have you?? committed any crimes???
orphanannie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 4, 2007
 
and why would you turn the "conversation" about Stacey's disappearance to whether or not I have committed any crimes???
Deflecting, are you??
Defending, are you??
Trying to pull one of your "cop" tactics...ie, interrogatory tactics are you???
You are so transparent...I can see what color your underwear is!!
If you were secure in your position, you wouldn't have to deflect the subject...
first rule of engagement...
I suggest you read a really good book,
How To Spot A LIar, By Greg Hartley....you can pick it up at Kinkos...or Borders...
He has alot to say about people who deflect the subject at hand....
Doc dolittle

Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 4, 2007
 
Sue wrote:
why isn't he joining in on the search for Stacy?
Because he knows where she is.
orphanannie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 4, 2007
 
It's always interesting to watch what happens with the "friends" of Drew...in fact, maybe they should start their own website...
Instead of staying, let's say, objective..(can you say objective Andy...uh huh...I thought you could!) they attack the OVERWHELMING CROWD THAT SUPPORTS THE VICTIM IN THIS SITUATION...in essence, they are trying REALLY hard to paint poor Drew as a victim!! Can you fathom this??
This can only mean that they are either men who treat their wives the same way, view women as objects to beat, demean, devalue, and discard, OR they actually believe their own BS that WE are the mental midgets while they support a man who 1) dated an underage 17 year old high school girl while still married to his THIRD wife
2) lied that his marriage was fine with stacey...then said, "we are in counseling" then said, "she ran off with another man..." HUH????
3) has a very shady past as a cop, and has been suspended in the past for his MAJOR CHARACTER FLAWS for engaging in bribery,etc. with drug dealers...(yeah, I know...he was found "not guilty" BY HIS OWN DEPARTMENT!!)
But hey...whatever floats your sinking boat!
You wouldn't be screaming so loudly, if there wasn't a whole lot of truth to what is glaringly staring you in the face...
Sometimes it's very hard to face the fact that your BFF did bad things, and quite possibly will take you down with him....
knowsmorethanu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 4, 2007
 
OMG i missed the thing about her being 17 and him 47 when they started dating...wow.that kinda makes him a sick dude. Anyone with any wits know a 17 yr old is not fully mentally developed. Sounds like he took advantage of her, and when she grew a little and learned she made a mistake...he couldn't deal with it like an adult
tommy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Nov 5, 2007
 
dose anyone know when the next search is? i want to help bring the pig down for stacy, her family, and her friends!
Samantha

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Nov 5, 2007
 
joeshtheragman wrote:
<quoted text>My my you are one smart person,may I asked have you commited any crimes.??
Hey Ragman, It seems your perspective is identical no matter what the subject here on Topix is. I do read these and when I see your name, I know your contribution to the thread will be some self serving dribble. Annie nailed your personality to a tee. Please do us all a favor and stay on the subject in the future. I say this all in the idea that I am generously trying to help you to contribute to these posts.
LAWRENCE

Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Nov 5, 2007
 
Go Home wrote:
This jagoff obviously killed her. He is a wack job in the first place for marrying a woman 30 years younger than him. OF coure he is going to get jealous when the chick turns 22 and wants to leave him. I hope they find the evidence and this guy burns in hell for these murders.
Just wondering, woud this make the girl a whack job for marrying a man thirty years her senior? Seriously, you all have to get a grip and look at both sides of a situation.

My favorite part is that you are all convinced that it's not only one murder but two of them.

Yawn, thankfully we have people called police & detectives that look into this stuff instead of reading the junior sluthes on the Chicago Tribune post board.
LAWRENCE

Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Nov 5, 2007
 
orphanannie wrote:
Hey lawerence: do you have any proof that he DIDN'T??
Lawerence...
If you want to defend a man like that, then I suggest you trot off to the nearest on-line law school, get yourself a degree, and become a public defender who just loves to get abusers, rapists, child predators, and crooked cops off...I am sure you will be invited to all the Christmas parties year after year because of your benevolence.
While I don't question for a moment why you're an orphan you may want to question your disdain for me. All I have suggested is that you actually back up your accusations with something they use in court called ummmmmm EVIDENCE. Call me crazy and I'm sure you will but we have this little system that goes INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I know it's hard to get your hands around that one but it's just how we like to do things here in the United States of America where we have rights and don't send people away based on public opinion and thank G-d for that as all the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew types like yourself would be judge, jury and executioner.

Best of luck on solving the case, be sure to send the police your leads.
LAWRENCE

Thiensville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Nov 5, 2007
 
Andy of Mayberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawrence, good luck trying to reason with
the "hang 'em high" crowd! These mental midgets
think they actually have a clue!
The rabid "Stebicers," realizing that the Lisa Stebic
case has gone cold due to lack of any evidence, have
now decided that the Stacy Peterson case needs their
attention! Too funny. Can you say "blind leading
the blind"?

Uhhh, huh....I thought you could :-)
Don't loose an ounce of sleep over this one Andy as I'm sure Nancy Disgrace will find it to be a slow newsday soon and point her gun over at this case.

I always have to laugh when I see these people on here talk all there nonsense without any reason or evidence. They have been watching no less then two of the Law & Order shows in addition to having read Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys when they were younger so they are clearly experts on crime solving.

I know reasoning with the fools is a waste of time as I could say it's black and they would insist that it's white. That said I just like to leave them with a different take as one day they may just get it that not everything is as obvious as one might thing sometimes. I guess I can only say keep fighting the good fight and just hope people like this stay off juries or Project Innocense will have a very long back log.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of122
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westchester Discussions

Search the Westchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 3 hr hypocrisy 1,088
Obese patients sometimes denied replacements fo... (May '06) 4 hr Nancy 45
chuck tokar MAYOR 8 hr concerned parent 8
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr newpoly 3,820
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 11 hr newpoly 1,832
Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to han... (Jul '13) 11 hr Anthony 44
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westchester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Westchester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westchester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••