UPDATE: Ciao, D'Andrea's: Popular Ita...

UPDATE: Ciao, D'Andrea's: Popular Italian grocer to close Berwyn store

There are 243 comments on the www.chicagosuburbannews.com story from Dec 28, 2007, titled UPDATE: Ciao, D'Andrea's: Popular Italian grocer to close Berwyn store. In it, www.chicagosuburbannews.com reports that:

D'Andrea's Italian Market, a Berwyn landmark for Italian foods, pasta and fresh sausage for three decades, is closing its doors Dec.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.chicagosuburbannews.com.

Rosa60402

Oak Park, IL

#226 Apr 9, 2009
I was a loyal customer at D Andreas for years so I decided to try dave s store and the only problem I had there was his wife. She is RUDE and not very friendly to the customers . I dont think that I will be going back . His wife will be the cause of his business sinking!!!
Aztek

United States

#227 Apr 9, 2009
pup wrote:
Aztec is a total tool, don't listen to or believe anything that idiot says!
Pup is a dolt who can only be called shim because I don't what it is!!!!
TheChef

Crest Hill, IL

#228 Apr 10, 2009
Rosa60402 wrote:
I was a loyal customer at D Andreas for years so I decided to try dave s store and the only problem I had there was his wife. She is RUDE and not very friendly to the customers . I dont think that I will be going back . His wife will be the cause of his business sinking!!!
RUDE,when,where,why
arlene708

Wheeling, IL

#229 Apr 14, 2009
Rosa60402 wrote:
I to picked up on the attitude while shopping there, his wife walks around with her nose up in the air like she is better then anybody else .Not very friendly ! She needs to stay away or people will stop coming there . I think that she has an issue with women.
pup

Chicago, IL

#230 Apr 14, 2009
Aztec is the kind of human filth that devalues the human experience.
pup

Chicago, IL

#231 Apr 14, 2009
Aztec seems to get in a argument with people anytime the skank posts somewhere. I went thru this awhile back with comments about La GRange. Staw away from Aztec, it will only waste your time to engage such a waste of life.
rico

Chicago, IL

#232 Apr 14, 2009
pup wrote:
Aztec seems to get in a argument with people anytime the skank posts somewhere. I went thru this awhile back with comments about La GRange. Staw away from Aztec, it will only waste your time to engage such a waste of life.
Bottom don't let people like him move into Berwyn!
Thetruthteller

Crest Hill, IL

#233 Apr 14, 2009
Rosa60402 wrote:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it is wrong. I can guess who this lady is. The Lady who buys the 22 cent ends. Who got mad when she found out they don't slice ends.I heard she was very obnoxious to the the poor slicer girl and i heard Dave had to explain to her why they don't do it.
then she finally got the picture.He told her it wasn't safe or something like that.
Boy some People!!!! look on Berwyn talk if you want to see how his wife really is. Nice and considerate Especially since she is 9 months pregnant. P.S. if this isn't her than she must certainly be the lady who tried to use coupons that were expired in January and got mad when she couldn't (DUH) try that at the JEWEL LOL or the one that came to the store without the coupons All together and tried to use them even bigger (DUH)or that must be the Lady below. Either way
I'm sure they are the minority. Dave told me no one has ever complained to him.
Rosa60402

Oak Park, IL

#234 Apr 15, 2009
like anyone wants to tell a guy his wife is a BITCH ! And since when has slicing ends been unsafe ? Noone ever said anything about that before! I think that his wife needs to stay away ! THATS IT
Thetruthteller

Crest Hill, IL

#235 Apr 15, 2009
Rosa60402 wrote:
like anyone wants to tell a guy his wife is a BITCH ! And since when has slicing ends been unsafe ? Noone ever said anything about that before! I think that his wife needs to stay away ! THATS IT
LOL Dave why don't you respond to this poor excuse for a Lady I'll bet her husband hears about his wife being a bitch all the time. LOL here's a list of workers that sliced their fingers cutting ends you clueless doof Mrs D'Andrea, Bonnie, Irene, Mr Hayes, Anna, Debbie, Fara, oh yeah its real safe.
I even heard you used to get 1 pound ends by buttering up the workers that makes you a thief stealing from poor Mr. and Mrs. D'Andrea.
how do you look in the mirror. Get a life. loooooooooooooooooooooooser.
bald is beautiful

Elgin, IL

#236 Apr 15, 2009
I think safety is for everyone
if your cheap ass is unhappy with the way they do business then stay away.
spread good karma and thoughts and thats what you get back ive shopped at d`andreas for years and i like toninis alot, the people are nice and the owner is funny
Rosa60402

Oak Park, IL

#237 Apr 16, 2009
Once again I am not the end lady just a regular customer that spent good money there . And for you talking about people that buy 22 cent ends well they sell them to make that 22 cents so who is the cheap ass trying to make 22 cents ?
Thetruthteller

Crest Hill, IL

#238 Apr 16, 2009
Once again how do you look in the mirror.
Get a Life looooooooooooooooooooooooooser .
you just happen to have the same name DUH.
but you are someone else yeah right doof!!!!!!!!!!
Rosa60402

Oak Park, IL

#239 Apr 16, 2009
once again you are a bitch!!!
Rosa60402

Oak Park, IL

#240 Apr 16, 2009
DUH!!!!
Taresa

Chicago, IL

#242 Apr 17, 2009
arlene708 wrote:
<quoted text>I to picked up on the attitude while shopping there, his wife walks around with her nose up in the air like she is better then anybody else .Not very friendly ! She needs to stay away or people will stop coming there . I think that she has an issue with women.
I am Dave's wife from Tonini's & this website was brought to my attention. First & foremost I don't know how you can say that I walk around my business with my nose in the air & judge me when you have never had a conversation with me. How do you know I wasn't busy, in the middle of a problem or feeling sick since I was pregnant. I would appreciate you talking with me & then judging me after that. After all you can't read a book by it's cover as my Grandma use to say. I have never had a problem or been rude to a customer. I have taken care of problems by what our policies state & sometimes people will not like the result but that is not being rude. It is being honest. I don't speak in a rude tone to customers like Rosa claims here. If anyone is rude it is rude to call me a "bitch" on a public website. I have more class than that. In the future please refrain from slandering me on a public website. If you have a problem or issue with me please feel free to come into the store & talk to me as an adult. Once you do that I am sure you will find me to be a very nice person.
Taresa

Chicago, IL

#243 Apr 17, 2009
Rosa60402 wrote:
I am not sure who you are but in the future I would appreciate it if you would not slander me on a public website. It is RUDE to call me names such as "bitch" in this forum. If you have an issue with me please feel free to come into the store & speak with me directly as an adult. I will not stoop to your level & make false claims or remarks that are completely unjustified & unsubstantiated. I am an educated woman who does not address our customers in a rude manner. If you are the customer that was upset with me since I will not allow my employees to slice ends for you than I am sorry but that is our policy. It is dangerous to use a slicer without a guard & I will not take that chance. It is a tremendous liability that I am not willing to take for anyone. Ends are just what they are ends. We sell them rather than throw them away. Many customers cut them up themselves without any complaints. I will not continue to go back & forth regarding any of these postings. I felt it necessary to reply in my own defense rather than let others do it for me.
unbridled_id

Downers Grove, IL

#244 Apr 20, 2009
Good lord, people still coming out of the woodwork trying to undercut folks trying to make a living. This is what the world is coming too. I would imagine folks must have more going on in their lives than going out of their way to injure others.
As I said above, vote with you dollars. If you do not like the store or it's owners you can take your business elsewhere but to continually gouge away at people trying to run a business is sick.
Taresa

Crest Hill, IL

#245 Apr 21, 2009
unbridled_id wrote:
Good lord, people still coming out of the woodwork trying to undercut folks trying to make a living. This is what the world is coming too. I would imagine folks must have more going on in their lives than going out of their way to injure others.
As I said above, vote with you dollars. If you do not like the store or it's owners you can take your business elsewhere but to continually gouge away at people trying to run a business is sick.
Thank you for your comment. It is a shame that so many people are so incredibly opinionated that they don't bother to think before they speak or should I say type. In this day & age it is very difficult & expensive to open up your own business. People do not realize what it takes on a daily basis to run a business where you can stay in business. We appreciate all of our customers every single one of them & try to explain our decisions. Unfortunately you can't please everyone all of the time but we try. If a customer is not happy we try very hard to accommodate their requests so that they walk away feeling satisfied. If anyone has a problem I would hope that they would always give us a chance & speak with us directly than make unjustified remarks on an internet website.
unbridled_id

Downers Grove, IL

#246 Apr 21, 2009
No need to thank me though I do appreciate it. I do not enjoy watching someone who is miserable attempting to spread their misery onto others. I think this is more that just someone stating their opinion. It is someone out to injure someone else, that is just plain wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 6 hr KUMBAYA 10,354
A Sticky Situation 9 hr AMC 3
Danny's Deli Closed (Apr '17) 13 hr Ex-Melrose Parker 6
stamps Thu concerned 2
bowling alley fire 1990 (Jan '07) Thu kasey 18
She Gone Oct 18 Be Gone 12
MP Police selling raffle tickets on duty for th... Oct 18 what’s the secr... 16

Westchester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance