Protest Planned on 95th Street Over Police Racial Profiling Allegations

May 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

A protest over alleged racial profiling by area police departments is expected to march through Evergreen Park and Oak Lawn this weekend.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Aug 22, 2013
Protest

Evanston, IL

#1 May 18, 2013
I want to thank the Oaklawn and Evergreen Park Police Departments for keeping the neighborhoods safe. I do think that the "protest" that was held was a horrible waste of police power. I think that the 15 or so people....YES...FIFTEEN or so people who held the protest should be billed for all of the police protection that was needed. FIFTEEN people! Historic! I think we need to start thanking our police for the jobs that they do to keep us safe. If you're in the wrong, whether you are black, white, green or purple...you are in the wrong! Thank you officers for all that you do! And for the fifteen or so people protesting...I was honking my horn and cheering for the police officers who were protecting our streets and enjoying the lovely weather while you made asses of yourselves!
Drew Pickles fan

Palos Hills, IL

#2 May 19, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Both EP and OL are STUCK in the 1950s, if not earlier. OL, as a town that is tailored to rich, white, business professionals, deserves rioting and nothing but the absolute worst for what it has done to people who are not part of the whole "95th Street demographic." It has been going on long, long, long before Dave was mayor. I am sure Dave was cheerleading the OL and EPPD on like the fool that he is. No wonder both OL and EP suck.
Sox fan

United States

#3 May 21, 2013
Oak Lawn is a mixture of different nationalities who come here to give their families a better life. If you think your privileged to steal, sell drugs, or indulge in illegal or gang behavior- go back to the slum you came from. There is a reason your leaving your neighborhood don't ruing mine! And that's coming from Mexican American
Drew Pickles fan

Palos Hills, IL

#4 May 23, 2013
That, I guess, is one of the good things about modern day Oak Lawn. Besides the usual German, Polish, Irish, English (British) crap, we have Middle Eastern (not just Arabs), Hispanics (not just Mexicans), Asians, and even mixed race. It's not just Oak Lawn, it's in many other municipalities too. That is a good thing.
joey

El Monte, CA

#5 Jun 22, 2013
The media never should have covered the story. They're nothing but trouble makers.
bsstory

Evergreen Park, IL

#6 Jun 23, 2013
there is no racial profiling, its just a bunch of lazy americans who want to use their race as an excuse to get more free shit and special treatment. get over yourselves. being black is more popular and respected these days than being white is. give me a break with racial shit.
wow

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2013
The getto trash should go Bach to Chicago,
wow

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2013
Yes, profile them they are doing most of the crime in this town and have the smallest population, send them back to Chicago

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,462
Ed Moody fights West Nile (Sep '13) 3 hr its time 16
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 5 hr Huh 43
Look what Tay-Lard Fox said about Huck Finn wai... 6 hr Patrice 2
Big Hurt Brew Pub 10 hr angry dad 9
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 14 hr reliable supplier 1
15th ave bookstore (Apr '09) 16 hr Covenant6080 103
•••
•••
Westchester Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••