Chitown

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

The tax service known as Instant Tax Service are advertising Rapid Anticipation Loans(RAL) This is totally not true.They will say you will get a check in as little as 2-3 days, but ultimately you will be denied by the bank for the (RAL) and told that you will receive a check in 8-15 days eventhough the IRS has approved your loan This is a scam to collect bank fees and new customers, due to the fact that the RAL'S are becoming a thing of the past and are not being offered like before. H&R Block at least had the dignity to let their customers know this year of the change, by mail.Which ultimately led to a bunch of vulture tax prepares preying on the vulnerable for quick money. Their is a instant tax service in Bellwood on 25th Avenue, who is alo part of this scheme, along with several other branches across the country. Be Advised that is very factual, and can be verified on many consumer fraud websites. So feel free to google it.
Curious T

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

Apparently it is all the Instant Tax Services across the whole United States. I am here in Las Vegas NV and used ITS for 3 years, the 1st year was great, everything as promised, the fees were worth it back then, last year they lied but their fees did not attach if you didn't receive so called RAL, but this year it is way beyond screwed up. Just for your info, I used 2 different offices but unfortunately all 16 franchises in Vegas is owned by the same owner, so imagine the big fat income she is making from all of us suckers here in LV. Thanks for the EXPENSIVE LESSON INSTANT TAX SERVICES, you can scratch me and a whole lot of people from your client list because I seriously doubt none of us will return to see you people next year.
charie

Oak Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

I agree with you elmhurst we got scammed!$450.00 was the charge for doing basic taxes I should have did them myself! That is really a shame! Please don't go here!
Chitown wrote:
The tax service known as Instant Tax Service are advertising Rapid Anticipation Loans(RAL) This is totally not true.They will say you will get a check in as little as 2-3 days, but ultimately you will be denied by the bank for the (RAL) and told that you will receive a check in 8-15 days eventhough the IRS has approved your loan This is a scam to collect bank fees and new customers, due to the fact that the RAL'S are becoming a thing of the past and are not being offered like before. H&R Block at least had the dignity to let their customers know this year of the change, by mail.Which ultimately led to a bunch of vulture tax prepares preying on the vulnerable for quick money. Their is a instant tax service in Bellwood on 25th Avenue, who is alo part of this scheme, along with several other branches across the country. Be Advised that is very factual, and can be verified on many consumer fraud websites. So feel free to google it.
freeindeed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, the a-holes got me last year. Taxes were late and they took extra from my taxes. It's a total rip off. People, do yourself a favor and use the free turbo tax online. I got mine in 5 days.
big dog24

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

Curious T wrote:
Apparently it is all the Instant Tax Services across the whole United States. I am here in Las Vegas NV and used ITS for 3 years, the 1st year was great, everything as promised, the fees were worth it back then, last year they lied but their fees did not attach if you didn't receive so called RAL, but this year it is way beyond screwed up. Just for your info, I used 2 different offices but unfortunately all 16 franchises in Vegas is owned by the same owner, so imagine the big fat income she is making from all of us suckers here in LV. Thanks for the EXPENSIVE LESSON INSTANT TAX SERVICES, you can scratch me and a whole lot of people from your client list because I seriously doubt none of us will return to see you people next year.
with all due respect. stop relying on this money like a paycheck. The mentality of the customer creates the market. Can't wait to get that refund check. Do you know the real name of Earned Income Credit that you get without putting anything in for it, it is actually named the poor peoples tax credit. Its basically an extention of a welfare check. Most people who file for rapid refunds have no stake in the maoney they recieve, it's pretty ironic to complain about fees you truly don't pay for. You could own your own franchise and get paid doing rapid refunds, all it takes is focus, dedication and a little ambition to actually pay taxes and not accept the welfare check, food stamps etc. Get out of cycle of perpetual nothingness of a life. Pay your fees upfront, save at least one fourth of that 5000 to 8000 dollar refund. Stop complaining about the RAL you didn't qualify for. What do you the rest of the year. Plan out your life for the next 2 years and get off of that dependency of tax refunds. The IRS is planning on getting rid of most of those poor people tax credits, just wait and see. What will you do then???????
Lacriesa Banks 48237

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

I agree they are a ripoff and would like a call to help these people be put behind bars ...
Curious T wrote:
Lacriesa Banks 48237

Fort Dodge, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

I totally agree!! This is not legal and we will get Justice !!!
Barry Lynch

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2012

I had my taxes e-filed both federal&state on 1/17/12 at the Instant Tax location 1809 1/2 Pennsylvania Ave in Baltimore, MD done by the mgr Cierra Conway I requested both of my returns to be directly deposited to my bank account as I had last yr 2010 tax yr done by the same location as well as the 2009. My returns both have been acknowledged by the IRS&the state of MD my returns were routed to tax tree against my sign request I have not rec'd any of my refunds the store&tax tree give me the run around I feel scamed both the IRS&the state of MD informed tax tree has my funds
Phil_y

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Yes, this true I got my refund check back it was only $455.00....they took $545.00 out of my refund. I was very upset and discusted. This was in Dallas, Tx.... I have never had this issue with no one else. They did not set down n dicuss my income taxes or got any paperwork back. Im having someone else to take a second look. I found out they did not wrote the exact amount of salary I made in the year. They cheated and wrote another number. Its s scam.......I would call the Better Business Buearu....Police....Attorney Genreal office as well IRS....
Dumb As

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

So just because you didn't get a loan that means you don't pay for your tax preparation fees?
ying yang

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Just roll em up an smoke em
Kimmy31ATL

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Lacriesa Banks 48237 wrote:
I agree they are a ripoff and would like a call to help these people be put behind bars ...<quoted text>
Its sad that companies like this vow to scam people out of their money. Regardless of the fact of how or why people are receiving this money. This doesn't give this company the right to steal from unsuspecting victims. I receive income taxes, and I pay taxes as well. Part of my income is used to aide many government programs. I'm thankful to receive what I can....SO THE LAW WAS PASSED IN ORDER TO HELP LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLDS.....IT DOESN'T MATTER. THIS IS THE SAME COUNTRY THAT HOUSES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, AND SPENDS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON WAR, BUT YET WE COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT THE COUNTRY DOES FOR LOWER CLASS.....COMPANIES LIKE INSTANT TAX WHO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN.
Special

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Yes here it 2013 an Instant Tax is s rippin people off ....think about it dont file your taxes there!!!
forreal

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

>
you must be upset that u didnt get any EIC
why me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Well I went to instant tax for the first time this year an I feel so stupid. If I would have read these post before hand, I would not have went. I was approved for the same day loan and the 24-48 hour loan. An I'm scared to know how much I was charged. As of today the IRS has sent my refund to them an I still hath to wait 1 to 2 days more just to get my check. I wish I had known sooner. This is my first an last year going to Instant Tax. No thank you. You can keep your RAL Come next year. I will do them myself.
Cherries

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I went there dis year I as wait and wait I should been received ma dam check I filled on tha 26 and wen I call they nasty I've been charged 593 .00 wayyyy more then any other tax place
Hermberm38

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Instant tax service is a huge scam.. Everything they tell you in the beginning of filing your taxes, are all verbal so you never know what it is your being charged for... Even if u ask for such paper work u get the run around. They'll tell u something like that info can't be provided because they don't know yet.. Which is crazy as heck!! It's just amazing how the company is still allowed to stay I'm business in this great country of ours! They have been doing so for the last few years
CrabCakes

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Everyone who has ever worked in the Instant Tax Service Corporate Office should be in jail. Don't do business with them, they are all CHEATS!
jasmine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

So my refund was supposed to be 3408 I go pick up my check and its 2824 total scam I'm so pissed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westchester Discussions

Search the Westchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Seven charged in fights in downtown Naperville 4 min Car Man 1
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Maria 6,542
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 47,160
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 8 hr Lyons Roar 8,076
shooting on 11th avnue 13 hr se habla espanol 4
Badon hires daughter 13 hr Call Dan 16
21 confirmed street gangs operating in Cicero. (Feb '11) Mon Ex Cicero 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Westchester Jobs

•••
•••
•••